Getting Back Into Shape - Strategy Sharing! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-21-2010, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LOL my DH said parsley and cilantro are the same... um no! oh actually smells and tastes good. I love when they say they're out of stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2010, 05:28 PM

I have the best intentions on walking...but I haven't done so yet! I gained about 35 lbs, and I have 10 left to go. BUT my body is very mushy and my butt is gone. So, I definitely have some toning up to do.
I am thinking of getting some shape-ups (shoes). A friend of mine got them and just from wearing them daily, she can tell a difference in the butt/thigh area and a reduction in cellulite. And that's just wearing them around work,not walking or working out or anything.
I'm so lazy, though, I've never worked out before. I am motivated a tad bit by summer coming up, maybe that'll help.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:24 PM

Ugh. I gained 45 pounds, had a 10 1/2 pound baby, and I was down 30 pounds by 2 weeks pp. I haven't budged since then. I've been wanting to start taking small walks on the treadmill to start getting some physical activity in but with my high maintenance baby, I am lucky to change out of my PJs or eat even a bowl of cereal. I am really hoping we get some type of predictability down soon so that I can start eating on a regular schedule and fit in some type of exercise. It's still so freaking cold here and will be for the next month so it is way too cold to get outside to exercise.

freethinking mom to DD 4/2006 and DS 1/2010
Old 02-25-2010, 10:19 PM

hm, well I'm nursing I'm 2lb above pre-prego weight which I'm ok with. Also, I have cut soy, dairy & egg completely out of my diet for DS's intolerances which restricts a lot of food anyways, so I'm not going to further diet.

I really want to start up with some yoga, but if I get a spare moment in my day it goes to sleep & housework. I've started randomly incorporating pushups & squats into my day though.

'curly girl' regina married to my man since 7/99 , SAHM to my DS (2/06) (12/08) a new to love! (11/09)
Old 02-26-2010, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Oh my goodness, ratrodgrl, I want to hate you!!! J/K!!! If I were 2 pounds over my preprego weight I'd be doing some kind of happy dance right about now. That is really smart to incorporate squats and pushups into your day... how does that work though? Like, do you finish the dishes, drop and do 20? Hang the laundry squatting between clothespins? I'm just trying to imagine it and I'm already exhausted. I FEEL like I've done squats and pushups all day at the end of my day, but I haven't. I've just kept my kids alive for one more day - and that's pretty physical. I have a VERY VERY busy 2 1/2 year old on my hands.

Everybody is sick in my house right now (except my daughter, thank goodness) - so I'm not working out to conserve energy in the hopes that I'll get better more quickly.

Eating is going fine here - I'm actually eating rather healthfully. Still have to take the plunge and give up my evening dessert. Not quite there yet.

I think I lost a pound though, and my jeans are more comfy feeling than before. That is progress, and I'll take it!

Lizbiz, wife to my man who makes me smile, and mom to one bouncy boy (08/07), one sassy girl (12/09), and one sweet new boy (08/12).

Old 02-26-2010, 12:35 PM

lol... well I think there's a few reasons for it this time around: 1) I didn't go full term; there's got to be some perks for dealing with a 6-week early preemie & bedrest! 2) since he came early, I've been un-pregnant (?) for longer than y'all, by 6 weeks and 3)seriously, if you cut out dairy, soy & egg from your diet (which is pretty much everything I love and adore) you'd probably drop weight too! Not that I recommend it, jes' saying.

The random squats, you made me laugh! It's not that much throughout the day or I wouldn't be able to do my mommy job! It's usually 2 times a day if I think of it I'll do 8 pushups & 10 deep squats. Plus, baby carrying I tend to squat all day long when I have to pick something up off the floor. Some day here I'll start doing rounds of bodyweight exercises; you can kick your own butt pretty quickly in 5-7 minutes if you go non-stop. But then again, I can't take care of my baby if I have limp noodle arms!

'curly girl' regina married to my man since 7/99 , SAHM to my DS (2/06) (12/08) a new to love! (11/09)
Old 02-26-2010, 12:36 PM

and WHAT IS UP WITH THE FLAT BUTTS?? A few ladies have mentioned this, and I noticed it with both my pregnancies, as well as some friends. It's like, I have this bubble butt thing going which hubby loves, then the baby is born and my butt disappears and the fat apparently migrates north to my belly region. Even though I'm close to pre-prego weight the fat distribution is still different; a flatter butt and fuller belly. I understand the fully belly, but why does the butt run off? And I can't remember when, but at some time PP with DS it went back to normal. It's just weird!

Old 02-26-2010, 01:19 PM

ratrogrl- I totally hear you on the flat butt thing! I caught a glimpse of myself in a window, and, yeeshhh, who is THAT!?!?!

I'm not too concerned about the weight, rather about the distribution. I am sure that we are all very active, but not in a "I'm going to tone up" kind of way.

We have child-minding at our local rec. centre, and I'm going to start to take advantage of that in a couple of months.

I don't want to start too early and get even more worn down than I am.

but I HATE the muffin top I have with my pre-preg, and how my non-maternity shirts work their way up!

I have nothing to wear that I feel remotely attractive in.

oh well.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:26 PM

y'all are cracking me up.

We are getting a doorway pull up bar. I try to remember to do ab work on the exercise ball. We have two sets of dumbells. I WANT TO RUN, DAMNIT.

stupid snow

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

Old 02-26-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty View Post
That's pretty much my "strategy" too.

so far so good.

Rebekah - mom to Ben 03/05 and Emily 01/10, a peace educator, and a veg*n and wife to Jamie.

User Tag List