Chat Thread - MARCH 2010 - 2 months old! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 81 Old 03-23-2010, 03:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kitteh -Ela is so cute! I love how she follows you with her head at tummy time. I need to try it with Sasha.
I'm losing weight well, but don't have time to exercise - hense a sore back and no abdominals = sticking out gut. I really need to make yoga a priority but I just have so much to do...
I always worry about underdressing DS (actually tried turning him into a popsicle once accidentally, we were on a walk and it got much colder when the sun went down, I felt like a terrible mother, but he was just fine after a nice warm bath) He is a warm baby and never complains. I always feel like he gets sweaty easily. He is always in an ergo or a sling when we're outside and I feel like he gets a lot of my body heat keeping him warm.
He is a happy baby most of the time but he gets so fussy when he's tired. Sigh... today I was losing it this morning because he was so mad and I had to give the doggies play time and they kept losing their balls. I felt bad because I yelled at the furkids. Bad mom!
But at least when he's happy I can put him in a bouncer next to me for 10-20 minutes (depending on when he gets bored) and he will play. That way I can take a shower or make dinner. I usually talk to him almost the entire time.
We're in week 12 now - time flies!

sleepytime.gif
#62 of 81 Old 03-23-2010, 10:49 AM

Can we talk about the baby blues? Like, when does it end? I just want to get through the adjustment and start ENJOYING my kids, you know?
#63 of 81 Old 03-23-2010, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Catubodua - Ahahaha.

Thrush is back.
#64 of 81 Old 03-23-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boigrrrlwonder View Post
Can we talk about the baby blues? Like, when does it end? I just want to get through the adjustment and start ENJOYING my kids, you know?
I'm right there with you.

The other day I had a window onto what happy life will look like. The clouds quickly closed back in, but at least I know that it IS possible to enjoy this new life again.

hoping for another window soon!

not loving this body...I haven't stepped on a scale. It isn't the numbers I'm concerned about, it's the distribution!

cheers,
charlene
#65 of 81 Old 03-23-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulvah View Post
Catubodua - Ahahaha.

Thrush is back.
We're having thrush issues as well. We've done 4 rounds of gentian violet and 1 of diflucan, and it seems to be back again. It doesn't seem that bad so we are dosing up on the probiotics and will see how things are in a day or two. It's sooo frustrating!
#66 of 81 Old 03-24-2010, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boigrrrlwonder View Post
I hear you... I feel like I've had a delayed onset. I don't know when I'll feel good about how things are going again. Funnily, Holly is the one thing I feel good about... she's thriving and easy to please. She's all I'm getting right these days.

I'm stressing because we hired our good friend to sit for Holly while I teach, and she's been late every day. Yesterday she was so late that I was 20 min late to teach, and my students had all left. It was so embarrassing. So that means I probably have to fire my friend, and I don't know how to do it. I don't know what to do about it. I'm really upset. I feel like I should be ready to reenter the Real World and am totally unable to. I am doing so many things, and none of them well. I'm overwhelmed. I posted a few ads today looking for a different sitter who'd also pick up around the house while he/she was here... I hope someone gets back to me really soon. I need more help.

Plus I think DD1 is sick... AGAIN .

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#67 of 81 Old 03-24-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeylo View Post
I'm stressing because we hired our good friend to sit for Holly while I teach, and she's been late every day. Yesterday she was so late that I was 20 min late to teach, and my students had all left. It was so embarrassing. So that means I probably have to fire my friend, and I don't know how to do it. I don't know what to do about it. I'm really upset. I feel like I should be ready to reenter the Real World and am totally unable to. I am doing so many things, and none of them well. I'm overwhelmed. I posted a few ads today looking for a different sitter who'd also pick up around the house while he/she was here... I hope someone gets back to me really soon. I need more help.Plus I think DD1 is sick... AGAIN .
Oh, yuck that'd stress me out too. Good luck firing your friend, it definitely sounds like a new sitter is needed.

I am so thankful that I don't have any signs of PPD or even baby blues this time around. Last time it hit hard and I was a mess. But that's not to say that things ahve been super easy around here. My toddler, whom I adore has been driving me crazy. He's very tempermental (like his momma) and cries ALOT and I'm at my wit's end. I'm making an appointment for his speech to be assessed because perhaps that's the cause of all his frustrations.

As for Sophie... I am concerned about her weight. Between 5 and 8 weeks she only gained 3 ounces. At the 6 week appt. she gained 1 ounce from week 5 to 6 and our m/w said to keep an eye on it and if she doesn't gain more than to make an appt with our doctor. So now we have an appt. on MOnday. THis is just so unlike my other two.. they were all 1lb a weekers for the longest time so it's making me wonder what's up. She's eating every 3 hours or so, sometimes more and still gets up twice a night to eat and I've never had a problem with my supply (well, I've always had an oversupply of milk with my other two). I'm worried that maybe my body can't keep up with nursing two children and that my dr. will tell me to stop nursing my ds. Of course, I could also and am most likely worrying about nothing but still...

#68 of 81 Old 03-25-2010, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Kim, is her output good? Is she meeting her milestones? She may just be a diff. body type.

DD1 is sick again. I'm officially declaring March 201o the worst month ever.

Lauren (33), writer, recovering academic, WOHM to a highly sensitive child (Robin, Feb '08) and mellow little Holly (Jan '10). Newly diagnosed Bipolar I. rolleyes.gif
#69 of 81 Old 03-25-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I'm stressing because we hired our good friend to sit for Holly while I teach, and she's been late every day. Yesterday she was so late that I was 20 min late to teach, and my students had all left. It was so embarrassing. So that means I probably have to fire my friend, and I don't know how to do it. I don't know what to do about it. I'm really upset. I feel like I should be ready to reenter the Real World and am totally unable to. I am doing so many things, and none of them well. I'm overwhelmed. I posted a few ads today looking for a different sitter who'd also pick up around the house while he/she was here... I hope someone gets back to me really soon. I need more help.

Plus I think DD1 is sick... AGAIN .
You are not firing your friend. She can't do the job (if a babysitter has to do one thing other than keep the baby safe and healthy, it's be on time, for Christ's sake!). You are just letting her off the hook.

Tell her you're looking someone else and you should be able to let her move on in matter of days.

Sorry to hear about baby being sick again.

Rebekah - mom to Ben 03/05 and Emily 01/10, a peace educator, and a veg*n and wife to Jamie.
#70 of 81 Old 03-25-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Kim, is her output good? Is she meeting her milestones? She may just be a diff. body type.
Lots of output and she's slightly ahead of her milestones. I was thinking about this after I posted it and it's more that I'm worried my doctor is going to pressure me to stop tandem nursing, not so much about Sohie's health (because other than the weight gain... she's doing everything else by the book). I'm tempted to skip the appointment but it's probably better if I go in and take her. Plus.. she's only ever been weighed with my m/w's sling scale (what are those called?) and then on Monday I put her on an electronic scale so there's a good chance those two aren't exactly matched.

#71 of 81 Old 03-26-2010, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Kim, I hear you with doc anxiety. I'm pretty fed up with doctors right now. We have insurance through my university which means we go to their FP clinic... which is enormous. We never see the same doctor twice. The guy we DID see regularly for WBVs left, so now I'm hunting for someone nice, and so far I haven't met anyone I've really clicked with. I'm dying to change to a practice that's been recommended, but our ins doesn't cover it. I'm thinking maybe we should switch to DH's insurance... but he hates that job and was hoping to leave it soon... ugh.

#72 of 81 Old 03-26-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
We're having thrush issues as well. We've done 4 rounds of gentian violet and 1 of diflucan, and it seems to be back again. It doesn't seem that bad so we are dosing up on the probiotics and will see how things are in a day or two. It's sooo frustrating!
What was your Diflucan dose? We did the GV combined with a 30 day course of Diflucan (2 pills the 1st day and 1 everyday after) b/c I was having deep pain which meant it was in my ducts as well. The 30 days did the trick! Every now and then I think it might be starting up again, but so far it's stayed away.

Christina, mom to Alaina, Addison, Noah, and Magdalyn
#73 of 81 Old 03-27-2010, 02:00 PM

Hi ladies DH is back at work, which means I can use his computer instead of my laptop, which means I have a functioning enter key! Whoohoo!

We've had a very busy March. We went down to visit my parents for a week in early March (they live about 8 hrs away). Then DH went to Montreal to see some friends for a few days, and we met up with him his last day there. Then we had a week away at a timeshare my IL's let us use and now - today- DH started back at work.

The first little while was ROUGH. I was miserable and hated everything about my life, but Orrin has started smiling and nursing less, Nigella's bloody molars finally cut through so she's sleeping more than an hour at a stretch and isn't clinging to me and screaming ALL DAY so my mood has improved drastically.

And Orrin has now been napping 3.5 hours. I just went up to make sure he was still breathing... Crazy!

Grace - wife to Jeff and mama to Nigella (11/08) and Orrin (01/10)- expecting a new addition (05/12)! Life is a whirlwind, but I'm learning to enjoy the ride!

#74 of 81 Old 03-27-2010, 03:24 PM

Well, here I am, joining in the monthly thread near the end of the month, lol.

My life has just been so crazy this month that I have been unable to catch my breath, much less get online for chatting.

Just as we were getting our bearings of life with a newborn (and learning to juggle grad school, etc), we were told that we needed to move. Our landlord needed to sell the house we were living in, even though he had previously told us we could be there for another two years.

So we were thrown into looking for a new place, then packing, then moving and unpacking. We are now in our new home- and still have boxes and such. School work has fallen waaaay behind.

We have been blessed with an easy baby, but I often feel guilty that we need to take advantage of that and he ends up in a swing while we work on the house or a carseat as we trek around on errands. I want to be spending time with him, face-to-face and focusing only on him, ya know?

He is finally gaining well- in the beginning the WIC people, the pediatrician, and the midwife were all concerned that he was not regaining his birth weight. It took him a month instead of the two weeks they said was the norm. He was born at 7 pounds, 11 ounces. He is now 10 pounds+ at 2 months old, so he is finally on track and getting cute fat baby rolls!

He is rarely fussy- unless he is gassy or hungry. I don't consider that fussy anyway- he is just being communicative in the only way he knows...

He is kicking and flailing his arms a lot, practicing. He is a pro at rolling over from his tummy onto his side or back. He moves his legs in a pre-crawl motion already when he is getting tummy time.

And he EATS!!! OMG, one of the issues we had is me not making enough breast milk for his needs, I think. I still don't and have not had enough time to feed non-stop and pump in between to get my production up to snuff. So we had to supplement with formula. which also makes me feel guilty. But the result is his weight gain. I am hoping once things stabilize and we are unpacked and school work is back on track that we can go back to exclusively breastfeeding. Will I be able to catch up since I am falling behind now? Or will he need formula for the duration now?

He is starting to babble and coo, and he smiles and sometimes laughs. I love it!!!

Mama to a 3 year old awesome kid, Rowan (aka Mister Boopy) and TTC another at 43!

fambedsingle1.gif gd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif vbac.gif goorganic.jpg

Herbalist, Acupuncture student, Mama, Blogger!

#75 of 81 Old 03-29-2010, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I noticed December is closing (wow!) and I'm wondering where we are going since we'll be next.

#76 of 81 Old 03-29-2010, 05:12 PM

OK, just checking in... I haven't had a chance to keep up with anything. When I logged it, it said, "You last visited March 6th!" Ages and a whole continent ago... We moved from the UK to the Santa Barbara, CA area two weeks ago. The week before that, baby Ella was hospitalized for three days (fine now, thankfully). The general chaos + cranky baby + melodramatic three year old = stressed out mama!

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#77 of 81 Old 03-29-2010, 05:25 PM

I hope we do both...facebook & LWAB!

Liam is growing & getting those great fat rolls He was 7lbs at birth & now just shy of 11 pounds at 6 weeks.

I'm starting to pack up his preemie/newborn clothing for friends. It is soo sad to know that he is my last ever baby, but it is so exciting at the same time to be moving on to a new phase of my life. Bittersweet emotions here.

Liam naps okay--way better when he is on his tummy. I think we are going to try the swing this week. He hates the bouncy seat.

I tried on my prepregnancy clothes for kicks the other day! Shirts are great, pants--not so great. My weight is so not distributed well yet.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#78 of 81 Old 03-30-2010, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

I definitely vote for a monthly thread on LWAB. It's worked great for my other DDC (going strong 25 months later!).

So, my midwife thinks I may not have gotten my period, but might have progesterone deficiency considering I haven't stopped bleeding and have been depressed. I'm taking placenta capsules (leftovers from dd1) and might use a cream.

I think we've found someone right for our sitting job... phew .

#79 of 81 Old 03-30-2010, 12:08 PM

Margaret definitely sleeps best on her tummy...so that's how I put her down.

I'm thinking lately about life after babies, and getting kind of stressed about it all. We live in a very expensive city, and it isn't sustainable for me to stay out of the work force for any length of time. But, the idea of dropping the kids off at day care so that I can go to a ho-hum job is depressing.

I'm going to try to put this out of my mind until the post-partum blues & hormones are more under control...

more short-term thoughts are focused on carving out a bit of time to get back into shape...don't like this "mom tummy" I'm currently sporting
#80 of 81 Old 03-30-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Christina~ View Post
What was your Diflucan dose? We did the GV combined with a 30 day course of Diflucan (2 pills the 1st day and 1 everyday after) b/c I was having deep pain which meant it was in my ducts as well. The 30 days did the trick! Every now and then I think it might be starting up again, but so far it's stayed away.
Other than minor nipple pain, I haven't had any other symptoms of thrush. It's been all Ethan - white tongue, butt rash and mainly a very upset stomach (gas, etc). So the first time, only Ethan got the diflucan. He was on a 14 day treatment, and I started noticing signs of it coming back about a week after the last dose. This time, I'm taking diflucan as well. It was 4 pills the first day, and 2 a day for 14 days. I really hope it stays gone this time, Ethan is a much happier kid when the thrush is gone. I'm thinking of doing GV after we are done the diflucan, maybe 4 days after the last dose, and then again a week after that. I don't want to risk another recurrence.
I'm glad you guys have gotten it under control! Hopefully it stays gone. Thrush sucks
#81 of 81 Old 03-30-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo_girl View Post
I'm thinking lately about life after babies, and getting kind of stressed about it all. We live in a very expensive city, and it isn't sustainable for me to stay out of the work force for any length of time. But, the idea of dropping the kids off at day care so that I can go to a ho-hum job is depressing.
CHarlene, I used to live in your city but moved when we planned on having kids because it was too expensive for us. I love the city but everything is so much more costly, including daycare. But it's beautiful and a great city to raise a family in so I guess that's the trade-off.

ETA to ask: Is it possible to have thrush and not have it noticeable in your baby?

I've been having pains deep in my breasts off and on for a few weeks now and my nipples can sometimes get sore (not when Sophie's nursing) when there's pressure against them like when I'm laying on my stomach. Other than that, that's the only symptom I have. Sophie has been nursing okay... but she does pull off and has been fussier and her weight gain has been very slow the past month. But she doesn't have white spots in her mouth, no diaper rash (but she has a nasty cheesy neck roll fat thing going on that I've been battling with).

So is it possible to be thrush? I was just at the drs yesterday for her wbv but never thought to mention this to him as I didnt connect it all together with the thought of it being thrush until late last night. Do I need to go back or can I just self treat?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page