Does your baby cross his/her eyes while rooting/latching? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2010, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I only ask because it's so cute and hilarious, not because I'm worried that he has an eye problem. I don't remember if his big brother did it... He's just looking so hard for that nipple right in front of his nose!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2010, 03:12 PM

Sophie does this too on occasion but my older two never did. I agree, it is pretty cute!

Old 03-31-2010, 04:20 PM

Liam doesn't cross his eyes, but he turns his head so fast he actually misses the nipple! He just runs his mouth over it several times before he decides it is
"safe" to latch on. It is hilarious because if he would just pop on, he would save himself some frustration. He only does it on the left side though.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:51 PM

lol! That is so cute! I don't think I've seen Micah cross his eyes, but when the milk comes, his eyes roll back in "relief" and I think that is adorable as well. Nursing is great!
Old 03-31-2010, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Those sound really cute. Ben eye-rolls, too, more when he's drifting off to sleep. Especially when he was a little younger, he would go through all these expressions really fast, gas-smile, sleep for 5 seconds, smile, eye roll, sleep for 5 seconds, smile, eye roll. It was really cute and funny...

He misses the breast sometimes, too, he'll dive into my stomach while I'm unhooking my bra.

to check if he's hungry, I put my finger to his mouth and he'll move his head back and forth rooting, so sometimes I'll put my finger out and he'll 'snap to', eyes wide and crossed and head shaking back and forth...like, "Yes Mom, I'm really hungry!" I gotta get video of it...I just know if I video my naked breast we'll end up accidentally emailing it to everyone on our contact list. lol.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:03 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
LOL!! Mine does it will trying to find/follow his fist, and sometimes when trying to look down at his toes. so frickin cute!!

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

User Tag List