I'm CDing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 04-21-2010, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so excited!

Crunchy con wife with 1 DS and 1 lil DD born in Jan. I love breastfeeding, CDing and Friday night family bed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 16 Old 04-21-2010, 03:31 PM

My kid wakes up with wet CDs, wet pants and a wet sheet after every.single.nap. It's so annoying! (He's a tummy sleeper.) Right now I have him in TWO prefolds and I'm going to see if that works better. Sadly, with two prefolds there aren't a pair of pants in the world that will fit...

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#3 of 16 Old 04-21-2010, 04:30 PM

What brand are you using? I found that I had less leaking problems when I switched to prowraps from kushies. That said, have you thought about elimination communication? Just put the babe on the potty upon awaking; it won't be as much work as all that laundry!
#4 of 16 Old 04-21-2010, 07:54 PM

We're cding too. I have found that the Motherease wraps almost never leak. Sometimes we use the Kushies ones (they are a few bucks cheaper), but they leak quite a bit. I really like cding. Although, I will admit, we are using a diaper service.
#5 of 16 Old 04-22-2010, 01:24 AM

this is our second to cd. i love it so far we are in fitteds/covers with a few contours/covers & an occasional pocket. once we get bigger, we'll go with all pockets.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#6 of 16 Old 04-22-2010, 01:32 AM

We're CDing and part time ECing - we use fuzzibunz exclusively because I scored a bunch of them second hand. Lately he started leaking through the smalls with 2 hemp soakers at night, so we might go up to mediums with a hemp prefold... decisions decisions...

sleepytime.gif
#7 of 16 Old 04-22-2010, 01:59 AM

Yay! This is our second in cloth. My son has leaking issues at night. He can just sleep through a wet diaper and I wake up when I start to feel the wetness! (we cosleep) With my daughter I had an awesome wool interlock soaker that was bullet proof. I need to get one for my son before we wash our sheets to threads.

SAHM to DD (May/07) and DS (Jan/10)
#8 of 16 Old 04-22-2010, 02:56 AM

Yay!

I love cloth diapers!! We use prefolds with Bummis covers and prefolds with Gpants - neither have ever leaked unless it's been a huge poop-plosion. At night we use baby kanga pockets and stuff them with a prefold and 2 flannel inserts - it doesn't leak either and stays pretty much dry against DD's skin the whole night.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#9 of 16 Old 04-22-2010, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter

bought a ton of smalls second hand (spent too much) then figured out she should really be in a medium. GMD small was not a good idea and I can't return them. We are using a bunch of stray cotton fitteds also and used woolies. I LOVE the wool. But I've discovered that diapers are really receiving blankets and towels. I'm going to give making them a shot along with some woolies.

Second hand Motherease are FABO! They are barely even wet when she gets up and she is a prefold soaker.

I can't believe though how easy it is--and now I know how to get poo stains out of her clothes.

Crunchy con wife with 1 DS and 1 lil DD born in Jan. I love breastfeeding, CDing and Friday night family bed.
#10 of 16 Old 04-22-2010, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I just use fuzzibunz with a micro terry cloth folded up 3 times and we never have a leaking problem.

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#11 of 16 Old 04-22-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boigrrrlwonder View Post
What brand are you using? I found that I had less leaking problems when I switched to prowraps from kushies. That said, have you thought about elimination communication? Just put the babe on the potty upon awaking; it won't be as much work as all that laundry!
Prefolds and prowraps. The issue is that the prefold will be completely soaked so the prowrap just can't hold back any more. He just pees up a storm when napping.

Yeah, EC isn't my thing.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#12 of 16 Old 04-22-2010, 10:53 PM

i have 4 big, soft, washable, flannel-y waterproof mats - they are about 2 x 4 feet - from Babies R Us. I put it on top of the sheet right under us - then I just wash it, I don't have to change the sheets. Because we don't just have leaky diapers, we have spit up, breastmilk leaks, we had postpartum blood, etc.
#13 of 16 Old 04-23-2010, 01:12 PM

I love CDing!

I bought some Bambino Mio wraps from a co-worker that are great for under clothes because they are more contoured, but they leak, and so do most of the other wraps and the pocket diapers I was given, but my Mom got me a stack of dri-line snap to fit wraps that never leak as long as I don't have any of the pre-fold poking out by accident. The very edges, the binding around the sides sometimes wicks a little, but only after she has been wearing them for over five hours (at night).

I think the best absorbency comes from the cotton Bambino Mio prefolds. They also seem to wick the moisture away from her skin better than the waffle weave ones my mom brought down.

I also have experimented with putting a fleece liner (just cut a bunch of rectanlges out of a fleece receiving blanket) above the prefold so that the moisture come away from her skin at night, which helps.

The www.dri-line.com site also has quilted baby pads that would be great under layer to protect the baby from any possible leaks.

I am excited about trying to make a few AIOs for travelling purposes.

ETA: we do EC by day as much as we can, but through naps and at night I use the cloth diapers...sometimes she just lays out on a few prefolds with a square of shower curtain laid beneath her.

Rebekah - mom to Ben 03/05 and Emily 01/10, a peace educator, and a veg*n and wife to Jamie.
#14 of 16 Old 04-23-2010, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Wow--so many of us!

#15 of 16 Old 04-23-2010, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
#16 of 16 Old 04-24-2010, 10:01 PM

On my third cd'd baby now. Hardly any leaks compared to disposables in my experience. i agree about the mother-ease air flows. Many people consider them bomb proof. We use a one size with a snap in doubler and a roomy air flow cover at night. Works a treat!

Mama to 12, and 9 and 3. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page