any ECers - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-23-2010, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i never really gave much thought to EC, but my lo woke up with a fairly dry spossie diaper on (cloth during day), so i told dd1 "let's put the baby on the potty" and within seconds lo peed!

at most we'll do this as a fun activity. i don't plan on giving up diapers anythime soon, but thought it was amazing that it did happen.

mom to 14yr dd and 4yr dd
#2 of 4 Old 04-24-2010, 04:38 PM

We started ec at about three weeks. We only ec when at home and I still keep a diaper on her, but it has been amazing. She is to the point now where she really tells me when she needs to go and as soon as I put her over the potty she goes. Some days we catch more than others and I try not to obsess over it, but overall it has been really rewarding. Good luck to you

Mom to a beautiful little Rose
#3 of 4 Old 04-24-2010, 07:17 PM

I don't have the time or energy to EC full time (DS pees every 5-15 minutes when awake) but we try to offer the potty whenever we see him trying to communicate and we catch a lot of pees and even more poos. Today I took him to potty after a nap and he pooed but then when he started nursing he was really squirmy so I offered a potty again and he had a clean dipe, but immediately let out a giant poo and smiled at me. I just love those moments when I read his cues correctly. It's so rewarding!

sleepytime.gif
#4 of 4 Old 04-26-2010, 08:37 PM

With my first I had no idea what EC was and wasn't really trying to do it (obviously, since I was unaware of this concept) but she routinely woke up dry after naps and in the morning, so I began putting her on a potty since we cloth diapered and I didn't want to add to the laundry mess. She potty trained super easy at 2.5 years old.

Second one I did nothing with.

Third one I was a diehard EC'er and we were very successful until she began walking and became a stubborn toddler around a year. She went through phases where it seemed she was nearly done with diapers for a week or two, then going back to them full time. Now, here we are at 2.5, we began "potty training" complete with bribery a week ago and she's nearly completely pee trained, but not poop trained.

This one I'm going back to my original method with the first baby, just putting him on the potty if I go to change his diaper and notice it's dry. But I'm putting in NO extra EC effort.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page