45% off Toothsoap thru 7/6 -- $5 off Pharmax human strain probiotics and Mineral Taste Test Kit -- Specials on Grass Fed Meat/Dairy -- and more of my... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 08-02-2009, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All the amazing products here we use regularly. I learned about them here at MDC and they've enabled us to radically change our health! Feel free to PM me if you have any ?s.

Rockwell Nutrition offers hard to find professional quality products that we use ourselves. The nutritionists on staff are also extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

Two of my favorite brands offered:

Pharmax Probiotics
Human strain bacteria (not dairy strain like other products) so the gut recognizes them as "self". Pharmax provides very high count probiotics and are clinically tested to survive stomach acid and actually colonize the gut. We found that these worked the best out of any other probiotic we've tried (and believe me, we tried them all). They are grown on agar and are allergen free.

Pharmax Mindlinx
A probiotic containing multiple strains that colonize and help body break down gluten and casein (wheat and dairy proteins) as an alternative to the GFCF diet. Also has glutamine to help heal gut lining. See link to the PDF of study on product page.

For any woman experiencing vaginal flora imbalance (BV or frequent yeast infections) this is also the one to chose. It contains Lactobacillus Crispatus, proven to adhere and produce hydrogen peroxide in the vaginal mucus lining, nature's own defense against yeast and bad bacteria.

To purchase, go to www.RockwellNutrition.com/?AffId=6 and search for "Pharmax Mindlinx"

$5 off first order with coupon code "Mothering"

Pharmax Intensive
One of the most potent probiotic capsules with 36 billion bacterial count at time of manufacture in a small size. Intensive is excellent for serious digestive, bacterial or yeast problems and have proven clinical effectiveness on IBS symptoms with this study:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18785988
The feedback has been impressive on this version.

To purchase, go to www.RockwellNutrition.com/?AffId=6 and search for "Pharmax Intensive"

Pharmax Neonate
For infants and young babies to 12 mos. Especially important for those born by c-section and receiving antibiotics or having thrush symptoms. Very effective against GERD, gas and food sensitivities.

Quote:
Every newborn child should be required to take HLC Neonate. The scientific research is impressive. Those infants taking the probiotic have stronger immune systems, and greatly lowered risk of asthma, allergies, and skin conditions. On ongoing 5 year trial by Pharmax LLC shows that newborns and infants given these HLC probiotics do significantly better than the control group in allergies, asthma, gastrointestinal ailments, and immune system health.
The infant's flora (gut, skin, respiratory system, all mucus linings) is acquired the first few days of life from breastmilk, the environment and the birth canal. I've done a lot of research on the infant immune system and a bifidobacterium dominent gut flora is essential for proper immune response but so many mamas suffer from yeast or have taken many antibiotics through their lifetime. See more information in my post in Healing the Gut Cheat Sheet regarding "Infants and Gut Flora" here:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...6&postcount=20.

To purchase, go to www.RockwellNutrition.com/?AffId=6 and search for "Pharmax Neonate"

BodyBio Liquid Mineral Taste Test Kit

Test your whole family and track your nutritional progress with this very reasonably priced taste test kit for 8 important minerals: potassium, zinc, copper, chromium, magnesium, selenium, manganese and molybdenum. Large 8 oz. bottles offer at least 20 tests for each mineral. $30 for the whole kit.

How you do it is: Swish a small amount around your mouth for a minute or so... if it's sweet or tastes good to you, you are deficient, if you taste something not good or bad, your body is well stocked.

This has been very helpful for us to track our zinc intake, both DS and I tested low on blood tests, and the taste test kit confirmed that. I have a history of high copper (can cause yeast and antagonize zinc) and the taste test confirmed that as well. Both of us are low on Molybdenum and are sensitive to food chemicals (Molybdenum is required by certain enzymes to break down salicylates, so being low in this mineral would make one unable to process certain chemicals). Testing Chromium would be very important if you are sensitive to sugar and have insulin resistance.

Overall this has been a real find for us and a lot of fun! (Yes, I am a nutritional geek.)

See more information on the kit here:
http://www.bodybio.com/BodyBio/docs/...idMinerals.pdf

To purchase, go to www.RockwellNutrition.com/?AffId=6 and search for "BodyBio"

#2 of 13 Old 08-04-2009, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

This is a great product. The liquid version is sweet enough for kids. It completely cleans the teeth so they can remineralize from the minerals contained in your saliva. Other toothpastes coat the teeth with glycerin. It also dissolves tartar, every dental appointment I have now (and I don't go every 6 mos. anymore) is a fraction of the time compared to past visits, b/c there is much less for the hygenist to do. I also haven't had a cavity since dietary changes (WAPF style eating/raw dairy/CLO) and Toothsoap. I had previously collected 10 of them since puberty.

TOOTHSOAP

#3 of 13 Old 08-14-2009, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

U.S. Wellness Meats

100% grass fed (grass finished) meats and pastured dairy.

Quote:
"The results showed a startling 16:1 ration of omega-3 to omega- 6. This is far, far superior than even Alaska’s wild salmon. For those preferring meat, this is most welcome news!"

-Independent analysis of U.S. Wellness beef done at the University of Iowa
Health benefits of grass fed: they are more CLA fatty acids (cancer, heart disease and diabetes prevention and weight regulation) and omega 3 fatty acids (immune system and brain boosting). U.S. Wellness Meats also does not use hormones or antibiotics, they practice organic methods (see the FAQs page why they are not certified) and sustainable farming.

I have been ordering their grass fed meats for several years and everything always arrives perfectly in a day or two. I think it's the best tasting grass fed beef I've ever had and that is why I've stuck with them.

The prices also rival or beat Whole Foods grain fed meats, so it's easier for me to just stock my freezer once/month by ordering online. I'm getting much healthier food and supporting small family farms.

I tried buying local, but the prices are too high and I just don't have the time to drive several hours at a time. I also don't own a chest freezer, it's easier just to order once per month. U.S. Wellness only charges a $7.50 flat fee for shipping/handling per order. I've even forgotten a delivery all day in the hot sun and it was still perfectly frozen.

The beef tallow makes *amazing* oven french fries. It's high heat stable, so I also use a couple tablespoons to make crispy chicken nuggets and fish sticks that even junk food kids love. Their sausages are an easy way to get the health benefits and high nutrients of organ meats into your diet.

As I said, it's been an important part of our nutrition for several years and I've always been extremely pleased with their quality and service.
#4 of 13 Old 08-29-2009, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

#5 of 13 Old 10-02-2009, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Vital Choice Seafood

Fish is one of the best foods to nourish our brains and bodies, containing omega 3 fatty acids and important fat soluble vitamins, but there are a lot of concerns such as contaminants, sustainability and lack of wild sources. Vital Choice offers a great option. I stock up on them too about once per month to take advantage of the $99 free shipping and the bulk specials.

I also love their canned fish, especially the traditional salmon with bones (extra calcium) which is much fresher tasting than any other canned salmon on the market. And the low mercury tuna, which is the only kind I'll eat. Their cans are also BPA free.

Quote:
Predatory fish such as Tuna accumulate mercury over time. Tests by an independent laboratory show that smaller, younger Vital Choice Albacore [under 12 lbs] average substantially less mercury than its older, larger counterparts, which dominate the fresh and canned Tuna market:

Vital Choice Albacore contains one-third less mercury (0.08 ppm) than average “light” (non-Albacore) Tuna (0.12 ppm).
Vital Choice Albacore contains three-quarters less mercury (0.08 ppm) than average Albacore (0.34 ppm).
#6 of 13 Old 10-30-2009, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

#7 of 13 Old 11-27-2009, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

#8 of 13 Old 12-22-2009, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Ancient Minerals Magnesium Oil

This is another product I cannot live without... and the Ancient Minerals Oil form of magnesium is the best absorbed, doesn't alter gut function (doesn't give you the runs!) and is third party tested to be pure.

Magnesium is one of the lowest minerals in the standard American diet. It's hard to get a lot of this nutrient... and the benefits of magnesium supplementation are great. (Or should I say the deficiency of magnesium causes many health problems.) For digestion, the heart, the brain, the teeth and bones. Magnesium supports the function of hundreds of enzymes in the body.

Personally it helps me completely relax and handle stress on a day to day basis. I honestly cannot believe the difference in my personality and mood during what is clearly the most difficult time in my life (going thru divorce). I also use it on my son and am trying to get his stores stocked up since he probably inherited his deficiency from my depleted body. He is even more of a happy guy and sleeps so well when using this!

For more info see Dr. Carolyn Dean's book The Magnesium Miracle and Marc Sircus OMD's Transdermal Magnesium Therapy.
#9 of 13 Old 03-26-2010, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

#10 of 13 Old 05-15-2010, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

#11 of 13 Old 05-31-2010, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter

#12 of 13 Old 06-27-2010, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

#13 of 13 Old 02-05-2011, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

bump.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page