Does anyone hate the fact... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 05-29-2009, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...that the only pregnancy symptom you have is a late period and a peed-on stick?

On one hand, I don't want to complain too much because I remember the debilitating morning sickness the last time around. DO NOT WANT.

But on the other hand, it seems so literally unreal. Like I'm pretend pregnant. Come on, can't I get bigger boobs already or SOMETHING?!

Wife to dh and mommy to dd1 (3/07), ds (1/10), and dd2 (any day now)!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 05-29-2009, 08:58 PM

I've been having a touch of nausea since about a week ago, my bbs are tender (which could also be from my teething toddler's vigorous nursing), and I can just feel a difference in my uterus. I also get a stretching feeling in the sides of my abdomen...not round ligament pain yet, but like a less severe version of it. But yeah, I can't wait till I'm showing...I love having a baby belly!

Jess ~ RN & student CNM, Blogger (see profile), wifey to T-Rav & momma to sons Buggy ~7/04 & Newt ~1/08 & Tad 6/19/09 & Con-man 1/11!  <3
#3 of 10 Old 05-29-2009, 10:20 PM

Funny, I was going to start a thread about symptoms. This is baby #4 for me and I knew I was pregnant 4 days before I could test. I am peeing a gazillion times a day, my thirst increased and I could feel my uterus stretching and contracting when DD nurses. I thought I was crazy but was so happy to see a BFP. Now I can add nausea in the afternoon and some smell aversions to food being cooked.

Eh, I am bloated as well and can't wait for a real little baby bump!
#4 of 10 Old 05-30-2009, 12:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine1001 View Post
I've been having a touch of nausea since about a week ago, my bbs are tender (which could also be from my teething toddler's vigorous nursing), and I can just feel a difference in my uterus. I also get a stretching feeling in the sides of my abdomen...not round ligament pain yet, but like a less severe version of it. But yeah, I can't wait till I'm showing...I love having a baby belly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendimarie View Post
Funny, I was going to start a thread about symptoms. This is baby #4 for me and I knew I was pregnant 4 days before I could test. I am peeing a gazillion times a day, my thirst increased and I could feel my uterus stretching and contracting when DD nurses. I thought I was crazy but was so happy to see a BFP. Now I can add nausea in the afternoon and some smell aversions to food being cooked.

Eh, I am bloated as well and can't wait for a real little baby bump!
Hmm. On second thought I will take my peed-on stick!

I guess I just can't wait for the bump and to feel the quickening. It's the most amazing feeling ever, isn't it?

Wife to dh and mommy to dd1 (3/07), ds (1/10), and dd2 (any day now)!

#5 of 10 Old 05-30-2009, 12:21 AM

I can't wait for the bump either!!

One of reasons I broke down and tested a bit early was because I came home from work one day and realized that my feet were swollen!?! I started swelling early with DD (4-5 months) but this swelling AT CONCEPTION is a little ridiculous.

My big symptoms are feeling ravenous all day long and belching like a frat boy at a kegger. My breasts just started feeling a little sore today, but not nearly like they were with DD.

Fujiko, I'm with you--even though I don't really want any more symptoms, I feel like severe symptoms would make the pregnancy feel more real.

Amy, proud Mama to my girls Natalie (12/7/06) and Miranda (2/9/10).
#6 of 10 Old 05-30-2009, 04:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I puke when I brush my teeth...my boobs are tender and full feeling (though not actually bigger) and I just got my first vaginal yeast infection....

Count yourself lucky for now, LOL.

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :
#7 of 10 Old 05-30-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshine1001
This is me exactly (even down to the nursing toddler). I could also add that certain smells are just WAY too much for me right now!

ETAops! I had quoted the wrong person...correct now!

: mama to 3 sweet boys, 10/21/03, 2/23/07 and 1/20/10
#8 of 10 Old 05-30-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondiapers View Post
I puke when I brush my teeth...my boobs are tender and full feeling (though not actually bigger) and I just got my first vaginal yeast infection....

Count yourself lucky for now, LOL.
Yuck, that's horrible! It is the brushing itself or the taste of the toothpaste? I know with DD I had a strong aversion to mint, which normally I love. I changed to a cinnamon flavored toothpaste and it helped a lot.

Amy, proud Mama to my girls Natalie (12/7/06) and Miranda (2/9/10).
#9 of 10 Old 05-30-2009, 12:47 PM

Fujiko, I'm totally there with you... in my other pregnancies i've known i was pregnant almost immediately--nausea, food/smell aversions, breast tenderness, peeing all the time, pulling and tightening in the abdomen...this time I feel nothing. I feel great in fact, except I get really tired in the evening, but I do that anyway =) It's a little disconcerting, in fact. But i'm determined to get things done, while I'm still feeling good. That way, when the crappiness sets in, i can rest without stressing that my bathrooms are disgusting, and my garden is not yet planted.

I am excited to get the 2nd trimester, with the baby bump, and squirming baby

Mama to Butterfly, B(ee), Bug, and Laniecakes

#10 of 10 Old 05-30-2009, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feministmom View Post
Yuck, that's horrible! It is the brushing itself or the taste of the toothpaste? I know with DD I had a strong aversion to mint, which normally I love. I changed to a cinnamon flavored toothpaste and it helped a lot.
no it's the fact that whatever you brush your teeth with foams up, and the foam gags me. I'm using a tooth powder now, it helps some....but I still have to spit and rinse constantly because it will foam up too.

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page