13 dpo and spotting! - Mothering Forums
February 2010 > 13 dpo and spotting!
chai's Avatar chai 12:18 PM 06-02-2009
I got my BFP on 11 dpo, and then couldn't help myself and tested again yesterday in the middle of the day, and got another BFP, which was darker, but today I'm spotting!

I actually spotted during my pregnancy with my DS on 13 and 14 dpo, so I shouldn't be worried, but I am anyway! It's all so tentative at this stage in the game!

Deep. Breath.

Willowrose's Avatar Willowrose 12:24 PM 06-02-2009
I have spotted with 3 of my pregnancies. Mine lasted for days at a time and stretched out from 6 weeks to 11 weeks on and off.
It's a horrible feeling to see blood, but many times its nothing.
keep us posted!
FertileMertel's Avatar FertileMertel 01:59 PM 06-02-2009
Spotting can be normal. You could check with your provider to get some more definitive answers.
seaheroine's Avatar seaheroine 03:01 PM 06-02-2009
Implantation spotting?

I've spotted with both pregnancies right around the time of my expected period. This time it was for an entire day, right around 15 or 16 dpo. If you've got a darker test, I wouldn't worry too much - it's normal! Sticky vibes!
chai's Avatar chai 08:42 PM 06-02-2009
My spotting seems to have stopped, yay! I also took another test - how can I make myself stop that? ;-)

Trying to just be here now...
becksteracious's Avatar becksteracious 12:39 PM 06-04-2009
I had some light spotting yesterday (14 DPO) and am really nervous now! It was right after I went for a walk, pushing a heavy stroller with two toddlers in it. I hope it was just the exercise. How do you all deal with the fear? It's killing me!
chai's Avatar chai 12:46 PM 06-04-2009
I think you just have to breathe... notice you're worried, comfort yourself, know it will all be okay one way or another...

Easier said than done! My spotting has stopped, but I have NO symptoms now. It is so hard in these first months when you can't physically *tell* you're pregnant. It all feels so out of your control... and it is!

Keep us posted on your spotting.
becksteracious's Avatar becksteracious 09:54 PM 06-04-2009
I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow and she'll check my hcg and cervix. I haven't had anymore spotting, but I'm still scared! I had awful heartburn from Saturday until yesterday morning, and I keep wondering if its absence is a bad thing. I never thought I'd be praying for heartburn to return!
Lauren31's Avatar Lauren31 10:00 PM 06-04-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by chai View Post
Easier said than done! My spotting has stopped, but I have NO symptoms now. It is so hard in these first months when you can't physically *tell* you're pregnant. It all feels so out of your control... and it is!
I don't have "symptoms" per say like some of these ladies do with the naseau and severe fatigue, etc. My boobs hurt a bit and I get hungrier then normal and pee a lot. I know what you mean though, you want something concrete, I often press my boobs just to be like, still sore? Yep!
becksteracious's Avatar becksteracious 10:05 PM 06-04-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
I often press my boobs just to be like, still sore? Yep!
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does that!
Keeta's Avatar Keeta 10:25 PM 06-04-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by becksteracious View Post
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does that!
Ha! Me too!
Mommy2Austin's Avatar Mommy2Austin 11:03 PM 06-04-2009
Quote:
My spotting seems to have stopped, yay! I also took another test - how can I make myself stop that? ;-)

Trying to just be here now...
Don't buy any more tests!

Try not to over worry about spotting. The stress and anxiety is bad for you and baby!
chai's Avatar chai 01:02 AM 06-05-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post
Don't buy any more tests!
Gah! Now you tell me! I stopped by Dollar Tree today and bought six!
Keeta's Avatar Keeta 01:07 AM 06-05-2009
Quote:
Gah! Now you tell me! I stopped by Dollar Tree today and bought six!
:

I know how you feel though.
becksteracious's Avatar becksteracious 01:07 AM 06-07-2009
I'm feeling less stressed because my family doc said my cervix is still closed and I haven't had any additional spotting. I'm going to an OB next week to get things checked out again.

Also, Keeta we're vegan due date buddies who are both in the NW! We'll have to get together after our little ones arrive!
Up