Hi. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-12-2009, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I came to this site looking for info on doulas, thought I'd make an appearance in my due date room. I believe that I'm due the first week of February (have my first OB appointment on the 26th and will get an "official" EDD then) and this will be baby number 4 for us. I also have an almost 4 year old, a 2 year old, and a 1 year old (for those of you doing the math my oldest will be almost exactly 4.5 when this one is born). So hi!

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 06-12-2009, 11:13 AM

Hi Nicole and welcome to MDC Congrats on the Baby Bean I have a just turned 3yo and a 1.5 year old. My oldest will be 3.5 yo and the youngest will be weeks from 2yo when this one is born (another Feb baby ) Hope you stick around with us!

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#3 of 9 Old 06-12-2009, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Well, it will be a bit crazy in the beginning, but not too bad.

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
#4 of 9 Old 06-12-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleS View Post
Well, it will be a bit crazy in the beginning, but not too bad.
Yeah I expect it too Hopefully I won't get locked out of my house by my (then) 2yo again at 2 days post-partum.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#5 of 9 Old 06-12-2009, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post
Yeah I expect it too Hopefully I won't get locked out of my house by my (then) 2yo again at 2 days post-partum.
Oh my, how did that happen?! I must say that is a problem I haven't encountered yet. Our biggest issue was my now 2-year-old was developmentally delayed - she didn't walk until 22 months and was diagnosed with SPD. Given that she is only 14 months older than her brother that made the first 9 months or so specifically challenging...

#6 of 9 Old 06-12-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Oh my, how did that happen?! I must say that is a problem I haven't encountered yet. Our biggest issue was my now 2-year-old was developmentally delayed - she didn't walk until 22 months and was diagnosed with SPD. Given that she is only 14 months older than her brother that made the first 9 months or so specifically challenging...
Sounds like that would make things difficult!

My husband had just bought a motorcycle and went to register for a temp. tag at the tag office. I was at home with my (actually less than) 2 yo and then 2 day old. He needed the VIN number and DS2 was sleeping and DS1 was watching cartoons (TV was my life saver in those days) and his bike was parked right outside my front door. So I walked out and closed the door behind me so that my oldest wouldn't come running out (we lived on the highway in a 4 plex) I got the VIN number for him and hung up the phone and turned around to go in the house and its locked. OK I stayed calm because my husband had had his bike on the backporch and because the only way to the back yard is through the house he had run his bike through. Of course he always forgets to lock the back door so I'm not freaked out. I knock on my neighbors door and she lets me through. I go to the back door and low and behold...its LOCKED. I started panicking! I'm sobbing because I can't see my oldest anywhere and thoughts of knives and scissors and drowning the potty keep running through my head. Thankfully DS2 was blissfully asleep in his makeshift laundry basket bassinet on the floor. So I called DH on the phone (Thank God it was in my hands) and told him he needed to be home now! So I'm still beating on the door trying to get DS1 to respond or come out from where ever he was hiding. Literally two seconds before my DH busts in the front door my oldest pops up from under the computer desk covered in permanent marker. I was never so thankful for a sharpie in my life! DH let me in and I spent a month feeling like the worst mommy in the world.

I now can laugh at the story but at the time I was horrified.

#7 of 9 Old 06-12-2009, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Oh my that would be scary! Thank goodness your DH was able to get home right away.

#8 of 9 Old 06-13-2009, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Oh my that would be scary! Thank goodness your DH was able to get home right away.
Yeah normally you have to do a u-turn to get to our house, but he was in our explorer at the time and just jumped the curb straight to our driveway.

#9 of 9 Old 06-15-2009, 03:59 PM

I had 3 under three at one point. 11 months between my almost 6 yo and my 5yo, and 8 months between the 5yo and the 4yo. We adopted and then had a surprise baby! I get the "are they twins?" comments all the time, but it makes me laugh because they aren't all the same race(s).

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page