second pregnancy and still not showing? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 07-04-2009, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 8.5 weeks and still not showing at all. Is this normal in the second pregnancy? I've always heard that in subsequent pregnancies the belly pops right out, that the body "remembers" being pregnant and shows right away.

I think I'm having pregnancy symptoms: needing naps, nauseous from time to time, slightly enlarged/tender breasts, slight odor aversions (but not nearly as bad as last time). Overall my symptoms are much milder than last time. Also, by this time in my last pregnancy I was in stretchy pants because my other pants weren't fitting, but this time my regular pants still seem to fit.

I know I'm probably being silly, but I just feel so... not pregnant! Anyone else waiting, waiting for a belly?

Chai, DS (3/05) and DS (2/10)
#2 of 18 Old 07-04-2009, 10:21 AM

This is my 3rd and I'm not showing either. I am bloated, and I guess that could look like I am showing but my belly has nothing to do with the baby/uterus size. Maybe my uterus is pushing stuff out so it looks like I have a belly. I don't know. I haven't gained any weight either. I'm cool with that. My symptoms are a little more mild than last time, although over the past couple days they have been turned up a little bit. I had a sono on wednesday and saw my healthy little baby with a good heartbeat. For me, it's kind of like when I start my period, I don't get cramps until I actually SEE blood in my panties or in the toilet. My symptoms weren't bad until I saw the baby and now I'm like omg I'm so tired, I'm gonna puke etc. Maybe I'm just crazy.
But to answer your question, YES I am sooo waiting for a belly.

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

#3 of 18 Old 07-04-2009, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMum View Post
But to answer your question, YES I am sooo waiting for a belly.
I just read a similar thread in the Jan DDC. Ladies who are 12 weeks along are still feeling the same way, so I don't feel so bad now!

#4 of 18 Old 07-04-2009, 10:52 AM

I am not showing at all yet. But as I am hoping to not tell my employer until the end of the first trimester, I hope I don't show for a while. With my first I was not visibly pregnant until like 20 weeks.
#5 of 18 Old 07-04-2009, 11:20 AM

I'm not showing but I definitely look chunky style these days! My pants are still fitting but are much more uncomfortable at night. And my breasts are so tender I am thinking about weaning my 18 mo. old- although that would be a rough, rough road.
#6 of 18 Old 07-04-2009, 11:50 AM

In the morning, I look the same as I do non-pregnant. By evening, the bloating makes me look pregnant.

I'm definitely not wearing my snug-fitting jeans any more, but that's more because I hate anything around my belly when I'm pregnant - I remember this from last time.

Most sites are saying that my uterus is roughly the size of an orange, and the fetus the size of a raspberry, so I"m putting any change in shape down to bloating

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#7 of 18 Old 07-04-2009, 02:28 PM

I'm on babe #4 and don't look any pregnant.. but I'm about two weeks behind you I'm happy with that though. I'm still not ready to tell people yet

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls and now a rainbow1284.gif BOY!!! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) angel3.gif .

#8 of 18 Old 07-04-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chai View Post
I just read a similar thread in the Jan DDC. Ladies who are 12 weeks along are still feeling the same way, so I don't feel so bad now!
just wanted to reassure you some more; I'm in the Jan DDC, and I'm 14 weeks and not showing at all. It's my 4th pregnancy. In fact, I just lost about 30 lbs and I'm still in my "skinny clothes" (which aren't really skinny, just skinny for me, ).

R~mama to 3

#9 of 18 Old 07-04-2009, 03:11 PM

This is baby #4 for me and pregnancy #6, I'm a week ahead of you, and I'm still wearing all of my normal clothes. I'm definitely bloated some, but nothing that looks like pregnancy at all. My second and third were closer together and I was wearing maternity by this time. So many factors determine how quickly you show - it looks by your siggy that it's been 4-5 years since your first was born? That is a lot of time to redevelop those abs!

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
#10 of 18 Old 07-04-2009, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleS View Post
it looks by your siggy that it's been 4-5 years since your first was born? That is a lot of time to redevelop those abs!
I hadn't thought of that LOL

I sort of assumed my abs were stretched out for life, but yes, my belly looks the same as before my first child, and he's super-active so I've been running after him for 4 years!

I guess the "your body remembers being pregnant and your belly pops right out" thing is a bit of a myth for some women.

I just took a two hour nap which is not normal for me at all, so I shouldn't be worried. In fact, I'm going to post another question about that right now

#11 of 18 Old 07-05-2009, 10:19 AM

I showed the quickest with baby #2 and that was at about 14 weeks. Baby #3 came 12 years later and I didn't show until 18ish weeks. Curious about this time since it has only been 3 years, but so far at 9.5 weeks I got nothing but night time bloat!

38y.o. wife to the best husband on earth for the last 19 years and Mommy to 5 going on 6. DUE Feb. 2, 2010. We delay and selective vax. I love BF'ing and CD'ing.
#12 of 18 Old 07-05-2009, 10:50 AM

I'm 8 weeks with twins (and its my second pregnancy) and not showing yet. And I'm a small person.

So I wouldn't be concerned.
#13 of 18 Old 07-06-2009, 09:15 AM

I know the feeling! I'm 10 weeks today and not really showing. I feel the heaviness in my abdomen, but no real show. I also have a retroverted uterus so it takes me a bit anyway!

Passionate homemaking wash.gif dishes.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifmama to Christopher (11/07), Evan (2/10), and Wyatt due in July!! jumpers.gif  In love with my amazing husband <3

***4***8***12***16***stork-boy.gif***24***28***32***36***40**  Praying for a vbac.gif

#14 of 18 Old 07-06-2009, 02:47 PM

I am just over 9 weeks on my second pregnancy. My first pregnancy was last year, so I'm not that far out. I'm pretty fluffy, so I'm not really showing yet, but I can tell the difference. The top of my belly is hard and it feels like it's full of organs and stuff. I'm already into maternity shorts, just because my normal stuff hits at weird points and annoys me. I'm using the rubber band trick on some prepregnancy shorts to make them fit, but I don't think it's going to work for long.

Rachele Garrin ~ Missing Gideon and Butterball ~ Loving for our Jareth
#15 of 18 Old 07-07-2009, 04:03 PM

I honestly have no idea if I am showing or not. I carry a lot of fat right in my belly below my navel, so I basically ALWAYS look pregnant. Right now all my clothes are still fitting, though. And although I'm being careful about maintaining my weight in the first trimester, I think I am trading some fat for muscle, so some of my clothes actually fit better now. Don't know how long that will last.

thalia loves Jesus and DH wordyeight and DD#1 : 8/2007 and DD#2 9/2010
and remembering: little turtle 5/23/2006 and poppyseed 7/15/2009
#16 of 18 Old 07-08-2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaSomeday View Post
I'm pretty fluffy, so I'm not really showing yet, but I can tell the difference. The top of my belly is hard and it feels like it's full of organs and stuff. I'm already into maternity shorts, just because my normal stuff hits at weird points and annoys me. I'm
I second this. I'm not *showing,* but I can tell everything is being displaced. My husband says my belly looks more "pokey" and I can tell it's a lot harder, due to minor displacement. Makes me look pregnant, when added with the extra belly fat I sadly have, but not actually baby belly yet. I HATE this stage....the I-know-I'm-fatter-but-no-one-can-tell-I'm-pregnant stage. The one where people who don't know just think, "Eek, she needs to lay off the doughnuts!"

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#17 of 18 Old 07-08-2009, 01:51 AM

I'm due date club jumping, but I wanted to let you know that I'm on my third pregnancy and I'm just now starting to show at 20 weeks.

, , , and
#18 of 18 Old 07-08-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
I honestly have no idea if I am showing or not. I carry a lot of fat right in my belly below my navel, so I basically ALWAYS look pregnant. Right now all my clothes are still fitting, though. And although I'm being careful about maintaining my weight in the first trimester, I think I am trading some fat for muscle, so some of my clothes actually fit better now. Don't know how long that will last.
Ha ha. Me too. I think my body will forever be different after pregnancy. It's why I'm so surprised someone asked me last week if I'm pregnant. Very discouraging since I think I must look like this all the time!

Maggie, American expat, mother to DD1 5/27/2007 and DD2 2/15/2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page