*Weekly chat thread JULY 20- JULY 26* - Mothering Forums

#1 of 47 Old 07-20-2009, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ANOTHER week gone by ladies!!

I hope some of us are starting to kick the first trimester blechs and gearing up for the 2nd trimester to begin... NEXT WEEK!

I will be 12 weeks tomorrow. Unfortunately still nauseous all day, but the intensity has lessened. I can at least function now. I still do not look forward to or enjoy food, and I cannot wait until that passes!

I desperately want to exercise, but while the spirit is willing the body is NOT cooperating!! Soon...

38y.o. wife to the best husband on earth for the last 19 years and Mommy to 5 going on 6. DUE Feb. 2, 2010. We delay and selective vax. I love BF'ing and CD'ing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 47 Old 07-20-2009, 01:23 PM

Well, I don't turn 12 weeks until Thursday, but I am feeling better. Though LOL at the thought of exercise - I'm lucky to just get through the day-to-day routine here without passing out before bedtime. Busy week this week for us - My oldest turns 4 today, she has her annual checkup on Wednesday, and then I have my 12 week appointment on Thursday.

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
#3 of 47 Old 07-20-2009, 02:57 PM

I'm at the late end of the Feb DDC, I won't be 12 wks for another 3 1/2 wks, ahhh. There's a decent chance baby will end up being born March 1st or 2nd (please no later!) I'm due the 25th, and Feb is a short month.

One son , 3 years old. One husband, nine years of love. Expecting A Girl Feb 25, 2010
#4 of 47 Old 07-20-2009, 03:29 PM

I will be 12 weeks on saturday! : When does the second trimester begin? 12 or 13 weeks?

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#5 of 47 Old 07-20-2009, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Ugh, I feel like I have a million years until both my next appt and the second tri! I hit 10 weeks on Wedneday. Woo, double digits! I just want to fast forward a month, please...

Stephanie MC 11/22/06
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jackson born 02/05/10
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MC 07/14/14
#6 of 47 Old 07-20-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracerenee View Post

I desperately want to exercise, but while the spirit is willing the body is NOT cooperating!! Soon...
this is me, exactly!

I did get out to the ocean on Saturday and did a fair bit of walking on the beach - but I felt tired quickly (it did help the the air was nice and cool, so I didn't feel nauseous).

I went out on my family's fishing boat on Sunday and was nervous it might make me sick - but again the fresh cool air was refreshing and actually made me feel better.

Back to work Monday = morning sickness back in full force. Blech!
#7 of 47 Old 07-20-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
I will be 12 weeks on saturday! : When does the second trimester begin? 12 or 13 weeks?
13 weeks But technically once you hit 12 weeks you are officially "in" your 13th week so *technically* you could consider yourself "in" the second trimester on Saturday :P I'm 12 weeks friday!

I'm feeling better as well. Still have the midday sleepies, but otherwise doing ok. Exercise is a joke right now! I just have no energy for it.

I am having trouble picking up my boys already. They are just soo big and lifting them into car seats is starting to be a strain.

Still waiting to hear about the job, but I'm hopeful it'll be this week

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#8 of 47 Old 07-20-2009, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
11 weeks on thurs. Then the countdown begins. 1 week until out of 1st trimester : and 1 week and one day until I have to see my il's again.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
#9 of 47 Old 07-20-2009, 05:17 PM

Yay for being almost 12 weeks!!! (on Friday)

Boo for second trimester symptoms showing up before the first trimester ones have completely gone away!!

It doesn't seem fair to still have nausea and fatigue and have the horrible headaches and foot cramps and heartburn start already....

Does anyone else get wicked headaches in the 2nd tri? In my last pregnancy, some days I felt like my brain was going to explode. I remember my midwife telling me that it has something to do with increased blood volume in the 2nd tri, and that it's totally normal. So far, (furiously knocking wood!!) they haven't quite risen to that level, but they can get painful. I've been taking extra-strength tylenol, but it's not all that effective. Does anyone have a better remedy??

After work I'm headed to Whole Foods to stock up on Papaya enzyme for the heartburn. Anyone have a favorite brand/type?

Amy, proud Mama to my girls Natalie (12/7/06) and Miranda (2/9/10).
#10 of 47 Old 07-20-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feministmom View Post
Yay for being almost 12 weeks!!! (on Friday)

Boo for second trimester symptoms showing up before the first trimester ones have completely gone away!!

It doesn't seem fair to still have nausea and fatigue and have the horrible headaches and foot cramps and heartburn start already....

Does anyone else get wicked headaches in the 2nd tri? In my last pregnancy, some days I felt like my brain was going to explode. I remember my midwife telling me that it has something to do with increased blood volume in the 2nd tri, and that it's totally normal. So far, (furiously knocking wood!!) they haven't quite risen to that level, but they can get painful. I've been taking extra-strength tylenol, but it's not all that effective. Does anyone have a better remedy??

After work I'm headed to Whole Foods to stock up on Papaya enzyme for the heartburn. Anyone have a favorite brand/type?
I just get the kind thats available at my local grocery store

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#11 of 47 Old 07-21-2009, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I had been feeling quite cautious about sex up until this point. I mean- we did things but I was holding back on the full, things- y'know. Anyway- last night we went for it and- wow. pregnant sex felt- way different! great.
#12 of 47 Old 07-21-2009, 09:18 AM

Pregnant sex ROCKS!!! lol. It's the getting in the mood part that sucks (well, first trimester anyways...for me, what with all the nausea and feeling like sh*t!!!)

#13 of 47 Old 07-21-2009, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Wish we could bottle up the pregnancy hormones etc. that make pregnant sex so fun and use them AFTER baby comes. I go from overdrive to no drive in 2 seconds flat.

I am 12 weeks today and yesterday was a yucky tummy day! C'mon already go away nausea!!!

38y.o. wife to the best husband on earth for the last 19 years and Mommy to 5 going on 6. DUE Feb. 2, 2010. We delay and selective vax. I love BF'ing and CD'ing.
#14 of 47 Old 07-21-2009, 09:50 AM

We had an ultrasound yesterday and got to see the baby and hear the heartbeat. That was super reassuring. This is our first pregnancy so everything is completely new to me. It still feels surreal to me to think there is a little baby growing inside me.

I wasn't sure how far along I was but now they're saying probably 10 weeks today. Ugh. I was hoping to be further. I feel like I've had the flu for 6 weeks. I agree with everyone else's comments on exercise. Even just going for a short walk leaves me winded and exhausted.

Yesterday I had a day off of work and slept 9 hours, took 2 naps and then slept another 9 hours last night. Somebody tell me that it at least gets a little better.

Kristen married to DH Brad, mama to Isaiah Abraham (born on Valentine's Day 2010) and expecting a new little one in February 2012!

#15 of 47 Old 07-21-2009, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post
I just get the kind thats available at my local grocery store
I've been using "integrative Therapeutics, Inc., Tyler Similase." It is a bunch of different plant enzymes.

I'm not sure where DH got it, but it helps me immensely. I can even eat eggs, which caused days of painful gas the first time I ate them after becoming pregnant.

Chai, DS (3/05) and DS (2/10)
#16 of 47 Old 07-21-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSimplicity View Post
Yesterday I had a day off of work and slept 9 hours, took 2 naps and then slept another 9 hours last night. Somebody tell me that it at least gets a little better.
Oh my, I'm jealous of your naps. My 2.5 yr old has just started to give up his afternoon nap and doesn't sleep through the night. Whine, whine, whine....

Malinda, partner to Ryan, Mama to Super-Holden (Nov 2006) and my new little bundle, Declan (Feb 2010)
#17 of 47 Old 07-21-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jul511riv View Post
Pregnant sex ROCKS!!!
I've been having sex dreams... like a sicko LOL

No man is safe in my dreams.

Chai, DS (3/05) and DS (2/10)
#18 of 47 Old 07-21-2009, 11:06 AM

I been having sex dreams about nothing but strangers! They are hot strangers at least.

I have been getting heartburn too! In previous pregnancies, I didn't get the heartburn till much later. I have heard of papaya enzyme for skincare but using it for heartburn is new to me and I will definitely be looking into it.

My recently developed weird aversion is eating out of plastic. Plastic bowls, plastic tupperware etc... It has to be glass. I feel like the plastic containers don't rinse as well in the dishwasher and I think I can taste detergent. I am really close to throwing everything out that is plastic.

I usually get the most nausea in the evening, during dinner time. Yesterday, I was pretty much nausea free and I even went to the grocery store and picked out stuff that looked good. Things ACTUALLY looked good. I hope I am getting towards the end of the nausea thing. According to the other posts, I will be in my 2nd trimester on Monday!

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

#19 of 47 Old 07-21-2009, 11:11 AM

Chai: Yikes! I'll hide my dh.

The saddest part is when we actually dtd (an "active" week 1st trimester would be, say, 1x a week ) It's AWESOME!!! But it's finding that moment where the nausea has rolled away long enough to dtd.

And wouldn't you know it, after a full day of homeschooling two lo's who are less than 2 years apart (ages 4 and 2) I'm TOTALLY, utterly, warn out, exhausted, and nausiated.

Poor dh. He keeps telling me "I'm doing all the cleaning, all the child stuff when I get home from work and all night long, I don't get ANYTHING at the end of the day." I have been really annoyed up until now with his lack of sensitivity. ANd last night I totally let loose, "what is your problem? Do you think I enjoy feeling like crap every second of every day?! Listen. I totally respect all the thigns you are doing and thank you for that, and if you'd like to trade, you just carry this baby for 9 months and then spend the next couple of years waking up 800 times a night to nurse and we'll call it a day, but right now I don't want to hear any complaining. If I'm getting sleep at night (this just started, btw, when we recently night weaned our 2.5 year old!!!) then it's because I've spent the past 4 years waking up over and over to nurse...and my body is gearing up for doign it all over again WHILE trying to grow a new life from a teeny zygote to a healthy full-term baby! I NEED AND DESERVE THE REST!!!!"

He was all like "okay, okay, calm down." lol.

I get that he's sex deprived and over worked and underpaid and I also get that this is what mothering has basically been about for me for the majority of the time I've held the position...and he'll never EVER get that...but come on, with this sensory overload (I should totally try nox vomica homeopathic remedy, lol!) and nausea and all this nonsense...ug.

/vent over.

#20 of 47 Old 07-21-2009, 11:30 AM

I'm so jealous of you gals already headed toward the second trimester. I'm just 8 weeks and still in the middle of total misery. Each day just crawls by, makes me feel like I'm never going to feel better.

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#21 of 47 Old 07-21-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiLeigh View Post
I'm so jealous of you gals already headed toward the second trimester. I'm just 8 weeks and still in the middle of total misery. Each day just crawls by, makes me feel like I'm never going to feel better.
I'm 9 1/2 weeks and I also feel like time is crawling by! Every morning when I get up for work I think "I don't know if I can handle another day of this." But then I fall asleep at around 10, so my days are a lot shorter now!

And then I also feel bad that my husband and I aren't having much sex. Like some of you, we're averaging once a week. And he hasn't uttered a peep to complain, he's so sweet, but I feel so crabby and icky and then feel bad that we're not doing it more and I'm probably not easy to live with right now...
#22 of 47 Old 07-21-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinKate View Post

And then I also feel bad that my husband and I aren't having much sex. Like some of you, we're averaging once a week. And he hasn't uttered a peep to complain, he's so sweet, but I feel so crabby and icky and then feel bad that we're not doing it more and I'm probably not easy to live with right now...
I have had sex ONCE with my husband since I found out I was pregnant. haha At the beginning I was afraid to do it and then he left for a 1.5 month training thing so I have not seen him in over a month! Don't feel badly, I don't think I would want to have sex even if he was here! This has RUINED my libido. I am hoping once i get into the second trimester, the libido will pick up. Do not worry about it, we are all so different

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#23 of 47 Old 07-21-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Technically I think it is 13 weeks and some days. I think most OBs count it once you've hit your 13 week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feministmom View Post

I get them from the very beginning, they usually start to lessen a little in the second trimester and then come back at the end. I think mine are caused by the hormone fluctuations more than the increased blood volume, because I get very similar headaches with AF. I'm actually on Tylenol 3 for the worst ones, because mine progress to migraines and I can't function.

Quote:
I have had sex ONCE with my husband since I found out I was pregnant. haha At the beginning I was afraid to do it and then he left for a 1.5 month training thing so I have not seen him in over a month! Don't feel badly, I don't think I would want to have sex even if he was here! This has RUINED my libido. I am hoping once i get into the second trimester, the libido will pick up. Do not worry about it, we are all so different
Mind if I tell this to my DH? He's like, but we haven't had sex in three days! Let's see, I'm exhausted, borderline nauseous half the time, headache all the time to varying degrees, and the increased blood flow down there makes DTD somewhat uncomfortable...and you want to know why I'm not in the mood?

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
#24 of 47 Old 07-22-2009, 10:15 AM

Crampy and tender today...I'm not sure why. No bleeding so I'm chalking it up to normal for now unless something gets worse or changes.

My cousin and her boyfriend are in town. They are staying here with us

Have to run errands today...fun fun!

#25 of 47 Old 07-22-2009, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

I have had several "crampy" days this pregnancy. I don't like it one bit, because it only causes worry. But like you, no bleeding or anything. And I still have my pregnancy symptoms, so I think it is just our irritable uterii :

I go to the Dr. tomorrow and immediately following I go see the midwife. I hope everything is okay. I think everything is okay, but with 3 losses it is always scary until you hear that little heart a thumpin'.

#26 of 47 Old 07-22-2009, 12:46 PM

So all this sex talk has me interested. DTD with DH at the beginning was actually uncomfortable b/c he would hit my cervix. I was scared b/c I had spotting and cramping. It actually seems like my cervix is pretty low, is that normal? I checked my cervix for charting before we got pregnant and checked it last night and it is definitely at its lowest. DH is out of town for work this summer so I get to see him maybe every other weekend. It puts a lot of pressure on two days because we were um, more frequent people before getting pregnant. What can I say, the guy is a hottie. Now that I do not have nausea, I am really missing him...but I am a little scared to really go full force, yk?
And for the mamas that are at 8 and 9 wks, there is a light at the end of the tunnel for m/s. At least there was for me, I started feeling better around 8 1/2 wks and just improved slowly to this week- wk 12. Hang in there!
Now I just sleep a lot

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#27 of 47 Old 07-22-2009, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
So I think I had my last day of coffee today. I had been feeling kind of bad about my daily cup, but until today my body did fine with it. then today, at 9 weeks- I had a cup and- woah! My little one was like- I don't like that stuff! I felt all sick and gross for a couple of hours. so- done with the coffee.
#28 of 47 Old 07-22-2009, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Coffee has grossed me out since getting pregnant!! What really stinks is we brought back a whole bunch of yummy Ethiopian coffee when we adopted out kids, and I haven't been able to enjoy ANY of it!!

Orgasm causes uterine contractions which might explain the crampy feeling, and spotting after dtd is supposedly normal. (Although it scares me to death too!)

#29 of 47 Old 07-22-2009, 03:13 PM

I swear I've posted to this thread a couple times, and now I come back to see there's not a single one from me - ugh. I hate pregnancy brain!

Things are going good with me. We saw the little (did I post the ultrasound pic here? I can;t remember...) and it's totally cute and looks like a little alien. My nausea is going away and my appetite is coming - I actually feel hungry sometimes! I am starting to feel little tiny flutters of movement deep inside - I can't wait until they get more pronounced.

Garrin and I have only had sex once or twice since I've been pregnant. I was just feeling too sick all the time. He grumbles a little, but understands and lives with it. Hopefully now that I'm feeling a little better, we can take advantage of super pregnancy sex.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Rachele Garrin ~ Missing Gideon and Butterball ~ Loving for our Jareth
#30 of 47 Old 07-22-2009, 03:31 PM

I haven't been able to drink coffee much at all since my first pregnancy. The smell made me nauseous, and since then I just don't have the taste for it. I still have caffeine in other forms though.

As far as pregnancy sex - am I the only one who thinks it is worse than nonpregnancy sex? I guess it's the increased blood flow down there and what not, but it's just too tight and uncomfortable for me. Not to mention the bigger I get the fewer positions that are comfortable...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page