Weekly Chat Thread Sept. 27-Oct. 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2009, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter
 
Mommy2Austin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hows everyone doing??

I'm so excited to start work Friday

I'm knitting a sweater for the baby I think it's going to turn out soo good

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

Mommy2Austin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-28-2009, 07:08 PM
 
marcib28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 242
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I DREAD going to bed at night . My hips used to hurt when I slept, but I was able to mostly get rid of that with a thick pillow between my legs. Now everything below my hips hurt. I sleep great until about 2:30 (my body seems to be on a schedule to get up then to use the bathroom, even if I don't have to) and then I toss and turn until about 5:30. After that, it's very hard to sleep because my legs hurt. I'm not sure what the problem is. I really need to try a chiropractor and, hopefully that will help get rid of the rest of my leg issues as well as my sciatic nerve. Has anyone gotten restless leg syndrome? Maybe that's what it is...
Anyways, other than that, life is good. I'm still hungrier than normal, but I'm not sure that's going to go away and now that I plan a little better for it, it's not bad.
I've felt the baby move a few times from the outside I love how distinct the feeling is getting. It's a great source of reassurance that everything is still ok.

Mama to Jack (2/14/10) and Madi (2/14/12) luxlove.gif my Valentine's babies!

 

marcib28 is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 07:46 PM
 
caj'smommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm doing great. 20 weeks along now. My m/s has finally almost disappeared. What a huge difference that makes! I tire a little more easier than usual. Anybody else have that happening right now? I go for my big ultrasound tomorrow and we're praying that all looks well. We're hoping to find out the sex. Techs around here though have been known not to give you any results, so I may have to wait until my Dr's app't on Thurs. I guess we'll see tomorrow! Wish me luck.

Rachelle
momma to 4 wonderful blessings. #5 due Feb 14, 2010:
caj'smommy is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 08:16 PM
 
Snapdragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,561
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Doing well. finally settled on a midwife today- so that feels good. She felt my belly and could feel the baby right away which was cool for me. I have been feeling what is actually the baby all the time but didn't know what was what. SO I put my hand on my womb and there is some firmness ther- and guess what- that is the baby, cool.

Eating a ton! I went and got mexican food for me and DH- to go- and I literally got one order of things for dh, and 2 orders for me! thinking- one for me, one for junior. Yum. My midwives say- eat eat eat! So I am

Also my mw said it is fine if I am not feeling movement yet. She felt the baby move aorund when she pushed on my uterus, but I couldn';t feel it. she said there is a good lot of room in there for the baby.
I am pretty sure, right from the start, that this baby is a boy. I am trying to settle into peace with that as I don't know much at all about little boys (grew up w- two sisters) and am quite a girly girl.
Snapdragon is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 08:53 PM
 
Snapdragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,561
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
But then I only ate 1 and 1/3 portions of food. I am not over eating- just eating a lot.
Also- honestly I have no idea what gender this baby is!
So- there I have it.


Also- anyone else getting heartburn? that's gotten me lately- ugh!
Snapdragon is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 09:54 PM
 
northerngirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lake Superior
Posts: 589
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post
Hows everyone doing??

I'm so excited to start work Friday

I'm knitting a sweater for the baby I think it's going to turn out soo good
what pattern are you using? Do tell. I have been thinking of knitting...


I have been feeling mostly good. Got my exercise in today. Thinking of starting to attend prenatal yoga class. Sort of feeling like I'm not eating enough. Recently cut out milk that I had started drinking 3 weeks ago, thinking that I'm feeling better for doing so. Drinking kefir instead and trying to get my daily dose of yogurt to get my calcium in.
I'm going for my 20 week us on Friday, very excited. Dd 3.5 is coming along and dh. Not finding out the sex and hoping everything looks good.
That's it with me.

Dd Sydney 3/06 & Dd Lola 2/10
northerngirl is offline  
Old 09-28-2009, 11:02 PM
 
Keeta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Loving the stuffing out of Seattle
Posts: 2,753
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
Also- anyone else getting heartburn? that's gotten me lately- ugh!
Yes, ma'am. Right here. It seems I've crossed that magical point in my pregnancy where I can't just eat and eat and eat - because I'm running out of room. I am SO FULL after eating, it's almost uncomfortable, and then I get heartburn if I'm not upright for hours after. Ugh. I remember being so disappointed about this last time - I was really looking forward to eating with abandon all the way to the end! So now I have to learn how to eat smaller, more frequent meals. Which is just kind of annoying to me. I don't like eating the same things over and over the same day, which just means that I'll have to make more snacky things to have around, which means more cooking and more dishes. Ok, end rant.

Other than that, I'm feeling pretty good! Just big, already. And I slept terribly last night - had horrible stomach pain (really in my stomach, not my uterus) and could barely sleep. I'm surprised how functional I've been today as a result, but we are at my mom's and she runs GREAT interference with my 3-year-old!

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
Keeta is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 10:08 AM
 
beccabus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Almost 21 weeks here and feeling pretty good. Heartburn has definitely kicked in, especially if I eat peanut butter, which I LOVE..

Feeling super discouraged gaining weight. Ugh, I know this subject can be so annoying, but it's just hard. My hubby who could use to lose some weight to get back to a healthy place has just started back at the gym and doing protein shakes, etc like we used to and man do I feel left behind! I really am happy for him that he's getting healthy, it's just an insecurity in me of getting bigger, bigger and bigger!!!! ahhhhh!!! Anyone know of any pregnancy exercise routines that are safe?

Thanks for listening!

Passionate homemaking wash.gif dishes.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifmama to Christopher (11/07), Evan (2/10), and Wyatt due in July!! jumpers.gif  In love with my amazing husband <3

***4***8***12***16***stork-boy.gif***24***28***32***36***40**  Praying for a vbac.gif

 
 
 
 

beccabus is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 10:09 AM
 
Snapdragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,561
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I took the liberty of asking the moderator to sticky our belly pictures thread so now it is stickied.
Snapdragon is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 10:12 AM
 
Snapdragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,561
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
beccabus The exercise I can recommend is what I do- long hikes and moderate prenatal yoga.
Or even just the hikes if you aren't into yoga. Just walking is so gentle (especially if you have a quiet and pretty place to walk) yet doesn't over tax the body.
I think it is good that you are being conscious about this if it feels important to you- may as well gently stay in shape if you can.

I try to walk at least 1/2 hour (often much more!) most days and that seems to help.
Snapdragon is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 10:46 AM
 
NicoleS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,618
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning! Can't say as too much going on of interest with me this week. DS has a "dentist" appointment at the hospital tomorrow (he's in a dental study that the university is putting on comparing tooth decay in preemies vs. full term infants, basically he got two free dental exams - one at 8 months and one now at 18, plus they pay us for the time) and then his 18 month checkup on Thursday.

I'm talking to a doula - she's working on her certification so it would be a reduced rate. Never used one before - anyone have any suggestions on questions I should be asking?

Other than that - just the typical pregnancy complaints. Heartburn on and off - not as bad as it has been in previous pregnancies, so we'll see how that goes. Still having the back pain but the support belt helps. Now if I could figure out this maybe-UTI, we'd be good.

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
NicoleS is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 12:11 PM
 
Snapdragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,561
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
NicoleS I had a minor UTI a few weeks back and this is what worked for me: My midwife told me to aim to drink 12 glasses of water a day- and to add unsweetened cranberry juice (small amounts as it is bitter) to my water. Within 3 days of that I felt way better. It really does work (or did for me anyway). Good luck with whatever you do for it.
Snapdragon is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 12:39 PM
 
aramat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: São Paulo, Brazil--from Atlanta, US
Posts: 1,344
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sooo sleepy here... Having a lot of trouble falling asleep before midnight lately. I've never, ever had trouble sleeping before, so feeling a little perplexed. Sleep is usually what I do best!

Pregnancy emotions... I let myself do a little crying this weekend, and, gawd, I felt so much lighter afterward. I think I need to cry sometimes. Gosh, that's so girly, isn't it? Not something my husband understands--at all; to him, this is a sign of weakness. (Whatever! BOY!) Anyway, forget about meditation; I'm going to set aside time to cry about being pregnant in a foreign country every day.

On exercise... Prenatal yoga is awesome. Walking is awesome. I did yoga last pregnancy but had to stop because of my symphysis pubis pain. In fact, I think it was likely a contributor, because I didn't know what positions to avoid back then--and nobody else in the class was having my same issue. This pregnancy, still not getting any exercise yet...need to get on that!

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
aramat is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 12:41 PM
 
AustinKate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 20 weeks today, so halfway there! My ultrasound is next week, so hopefully we'll find out the gender then. DH and I both feel like it might be a boy, but we have no preference.

Everything is going well, although I am also experiencing the same really, really uncomfortably full feeling after eating sometimes, too. Yesterday I ate a fairly good sized (but healthy, a lot of it was salad) lunch, and had a hard time concentrating at work for about an hour afterwards because I was so uncomfortable.

And, there have been a few days lately when I've felt like I did in the first trimester again, with nausea and lack of appetite. Anyone else feeling that? I don't know where it came from...I don't think I'm sick, it's not that kind of nausea.
AustinKate is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 01:13 PM
 
NicoleS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,618
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
NicoleS I had a minor UTI a few weeks back and this is what worked for me: My midwife told me to aim to drink 12 glasses of water a day- and to add unsweetened cranberry juice (small amounts as it is bitter) to my water. Within 3 days of that I felt way better. It really does work (or did for me anyway). Good luck with whatever you do for it.
Well, here's the issue. I went to the OB last Tuesday because I was sure I had a UTI - had to pee every 10 minutes, painful to pee, etc. They did the dipstick in house and it came back clear - no blood or anything. So he waited to put me on antibiotics until he got the results of the culture. The culture came back funny - it did grow bacteria, but it was an antibiotic-resistant one that doesn't normally show up in a UTI. Because I was still symptomatic he wanted to treat - there was one pregnancy-safe antibiotic that it was somewhat susceptible to. I've been on that since Thursday, along with cranberry pills, but I'm still uncomfortable! I no longer have to pee as often, but definitely more than I would expect, even considering that I'm pregnant. It is also still uncomfortable to pee, way TMI here - it doesn't hurt to actually urinate, but it "throbs" down there for several minutes after I'm done, and I'll feel like I haven't fully emptied my bladder. I'm supposed to leave another urine on Thursday, but I really don't know what to think. I've had UTIs with pregnancy before, but they've always caught them before I was symptomatic by the dip in the office - and a round of antibiotics would clear it right up, so this is weird.

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
NicoleS is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 04:15 PM
 
hapersmion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 1,770
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll be 20 weeks tomorrow - this week has taken forever!

I finally got rid of my icky m/s feelings too, and got some more energy - then I used it all up getting back into a regular exercise routine. So I'm feeling kind of tired most days, but still much better than first trimester. My appetite has been weird - I was having to eat very frequently to stave off the nausea, and now I feel full all the time, so I guess I'm just adjusting.

Beccabus, if you don't have any health problems, I'd just go to the gym with the hubby. You don't want to overdo it, of course, but as long as you feel comfortable, not too hot and not too tired, and drink plenty of water, I think you can do most exercise routines safely. And of course, it's much better to be in shape when labor comes around! I've been doing my exercises on the Wii Fit, just 30 minutes a day right now (I feel a bit silly using a video game for exercise, but hey, it keeps me from skipping days), and I find that I can do most of the exercises just fine. The ones that aren't comfortable I skip.
hapersmion is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 05:04 PM
 
beccabus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapersmion View Post
Beccabus, if you don't have any health problems, I'd just go to the gym with the hubby. You don't want to overdo it, of course, but as long as you feel comfortable, not too hot and not too tired, and drink plenty of water, I think you can do most exercise routines safely. And of course, it's much better to be in shape when labor comes around! I've been doing my exercises on the Wii Fit, just 30 minutes a day right now (I feel a bit silly using a video game for exercise, but hey, it keeps me from skipping days), and I find that I can do most of the exercises just fine. The ones that aren't comfortable I skip.
I've thought about that too, but I'd have to find a babysitter everytime! Don't think that will be so easy! It's a small gym at my hubby's work though, so maybe we could bring the little one along? BUT, my hubby just bought the Wii and we talked about getting the Wii Fit. What's it like? Too funny, but you know what, I'd rather use a video game than do nothing! Good for you!!

And the appetite has been weird for me too! My Doctor told me to eat every 2 hours whether I'm hungry or not. Besides boredom, that's really the only reason I eat. If I ate when I was hungry I may not eat much all day long, which I know isn't good for the munchkin.

Passionate homemaking wash.gif dishes.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifmama to Christopher (11/07), Evan (2/10), and Wyatt due in July!! jumpers.gif  In love with my amazing husband <3

***4***8***12***16***stork-boy.gif***24***28***32***36***40**  Praying for a vbac.gif

 
 
 
 

beccabus is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 05:25 PM
 
Snapdragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,561
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
First timer question. I am 19 weeks (tomorrow ) and fundus is right up at belly button. MW said that is perfect. My question is- if I still have like 5 and a 1/2 months to go- how high in the body does the womb actually get? does it start to press on your lungs and stuff?!
Snapdragon is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 05:39 PM
 
OlyR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 339
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
week 19 today

I got my first bad bout of heartburn last weekend. I was at a fun Fall bbq (complete with a cider press - YUM) and I ate my lunch and the boom, my chest hurt and it was uncomfortable both sitting and standing.

I have the ultrasound tomorrow. Not sure what the difference between 1 week will be (should I have scheduled it closer to 20 weeks?). I will be out of town next week) and DH's schedule was too full the following week so I just went ahead and picked tomorrow. We are not planning to find out the gender, although DH is quite concerned that he will just "know" - yeah right.
OlyR is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 05:54 PM
 
beccabus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
First timer question. I am 19 weeks (tomorrow ) and fundus is right up at belly button. MW said that is perfect. My question is- if I still have like 5 and a 1/2 months to go- how high in the body does the womb actually get? does it start to press on your lungs and stuff?!
So the book I have says that at 40 weeks the fundus is 6-8 inches above your belly button. Obviously it varies. I have a long torso so a woman with a shorter torso would feel it much differently. I remember with DS (he was 23 inches at birth--so long torso, but long baby too) that he definitely was pushing up my organs. Toward the end you definitely don't have the ability to eat as much because your stomach is squished. You'll also find that you get out of breath very easily. I was part of a Ladies' group at church and we would read aloud and I had a very hard time because I would lose my breath so easily! It's actually quite funny!

Passionate homemaking wash.gif dishes.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifmama to Christopher (11/07), Evan (2/10), and Wyatt due in July!! jumpers.gif  In love with my amazing husband <3

***4***8***12***16***stork-boy.gif***24***28***32***36***40**  Praying for a vbac.gif

 
 
 
 

beccabus is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 06:37 PM
 
jul511riv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Israel
Posts: 2,499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
blah blah blah...ultrasound? blah blah blah.

 http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
jul511riv is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 07:38 PM
 
Rikki Jean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Nursing somewhere public in So Cal
Posts: 2,525
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
I'm just tired. I know it's mostly my own fault, because my diet has been less than desirable, and I'm being a slacker about taking all of my vitamins. I just feel this HUGE lack of motivation to do anything. It's a vicious circle too, because not eating right/not taking my vitamins makes me tired and apathetic, which makes me not take them, which makes me more tired and apathetic...you get the picture.


Quote:
Originally Posted by marcib28 View Post
I DREAD going to bed at night . My hips used to hurt when I slept, but I was able to mostly get rid of that with a thick pillow between my legs. Now everything below my hips hurt. I sleep great until about 2:30 (my body seems to be on a schedule to get up then to use the bathroom, even if I don't have to) and then I toss and turn until about 5:30. After that, it's very hard to sleep because my legs hurt. I'm not sure what the problem is. I really need to try a chiropractor and, hopefully that will help get rid of the rest of my leg issues as well as my sciatic nerve. Has anyone gotten restless leg syndrome? Maybe that's what it is...
Yes, go see a chiro! You will feel SOOOO much better! It will really help with the sciatica too.

I was having major insomnia (waking up around 3 or 4 and then tossing for hours), and it finally dawned on me that I wasn't staying up on my calcium/magnesium supplement. I started taking Tropical Oasis cal/mag every night before bed (I know that I said above that I'm being bad about my supps, but this is the one that I absolutely MUST take every day, and I do), and it made a HUGE difference. In my previous pregnancies, every time I had charlie horses, it was always because I'd been falling behind on my cal/mag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
Also- anyone else getting heartburn? that's gotten me lately- ugh!
Yeah, mine kicked in about two weeks ago. I eat lots of spicy food, so some days, I live in heartburn land. However, papaya enzyme is my friend! It makes a big difference for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleS View Post
Well, here's the issue. I went to the OB last Tuesday because I was sure I had a UTI - had to pee every 10 minutes, painful to pee, etc. They did the dipstick in house and it came back clear - no blood or anything. So he waited to put me on antibiotics until he got the results of the culture. The culture came back funny - it did grow bacteria, but it was an antibiotic-resistant one that doesn't normally show up in a UTI. Because I was still symptomatic he wanted to treat - there was one pregnancy-safe antibiotic that it was somewhat susceptible to. I've been on that since Thursday, along with cranberry pills, but I'm still uncomfortable! I no longer have to pee as often, but definitely more than I would expect, even considering that I'm pregnant. It is also still uncomfortable to pee, way TMI here - it doesn't hurt to actually urinate, but it "throbs" down there for several minutes after I'm done, and I'll feel like I haven't fully emptied my bladder. I'm supposed to leave another urine on Thursday, but I really don't know what to think. I've had UTIs with pregnancy before, but they've always caught them before I was symptomatic by the dip in the office - and a round of antibiotics would clear it right up, so this is weird.
Have you tried CranActin? I've had good results in the past with that. Other helpful things are loads of garlic, lemon in your water, and...some other things I can't remember right now... I'll bet there is an informative UTI thread over in H&H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
First timer question. I am 19 weeks (tomorrow ) and fundus is right up at belly button. MW said that is perfect. My question is- if I still have like 5 and a 1/2 months to go- how high in the body does the womb actually get? does it start to press on your lungs and stuff?!
I don't have any numbers or anything official to go off of here...however, I do know that you "drop" toward the end of pregnancy (it's not something I've ever noticed, but other people always say, "Oooooh, you've dropped!"). I guess that's your uterus moving down...On the other hand, some women do feel lots of pressure on their organs from the baby. I don't think I have in the past, but now I can't remember...

Crunchy wife to my high-school sweetheart, mama to DS (10/23/05) , DS (11/22/07) , DD (3/9/10) , and DS (5/26/12),  and three babies in Heaven.
Rikki Jean is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 07:42 PM
 
NicoleS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,618
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
First timer question. I am 19 weeks (tomorrow ) and fundus is right up at belly button. MW said that is perfect. My question is- if I still have like 5 and a 1/2 months to go- how high in the body does the womb actually get? does it start to press on your lungs and stuff?!
I think it depends on the person, how much room they have to begin with, and how the baby is laying. I've never had a problem with being kicked in the ribs like a lot of moms - but then I'm pretty tall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jul511riv View Post
blah blah blah...ultrasound? blah blah blah.
Still haven't made a decision?

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
NicoleS is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 09:28 PM
 
aramat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: São Paulo, Brazil--from Atlanta, US
Posts: 1,344
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikki Jean View Post
I was having major insomnia (waking up around 3 or 4 and then tossing for hours), and it finally dawned on me that I wasn't staying up on my calcium/magnesium supplement. I started taking Tropical Oasis cal/mag every night before bed (I know that I said above that I'm being bad about my supps, but this is the one that I absolutely MUST take every day, and I do), and it made a HUGE difference. In my previous pregnancies, every time I had charlie horses, it was always because I'd been falling behind on my cal/mag.
Oh, dude! I am WAY low on calcium intake; maybe that's my problem!

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
aramat is offline  
Old 09-29-2009, 09:28 PM
 
aramat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: São Paulo, Brazil--from Atlanta, US
Posts: 1,344
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jul511riv View Post
blah blah blah...ultrasound? blah blah blah.
Ha!

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
aramat is offline  
Old 09-30-2009, 12:44 AM
 
Snapdragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,561
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jul511riv View Post
blah blah blah...ultrasound? blah blah blah.
I think the question to ask that could help might be- might you regret it if you Do get an u/s? Would you look back and wish you hadn't? Or might you regret it if you don't get an u/s, would you look back and wish you had?
that sounds simple but it might be a way to think about it.

Why do you want one? why don't you want one? Maybe you could repeat your whys (if you want to process the decision that is).

For me, I had considered it for a while. But I realized that in the end, I would rather look back and not have done it, so I went with that.

Good luck with your decision whichever it is.
Snapdragon is offline  
Old 09-30-2009, 12:53 AM
 
Ninetales's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,062
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't wait for my appointment next week to hear the heart finally. I have more questions to ask too so I hope the week goes by fast.

I am working a seven day stretch starting tomorrow so it probably will.

Mama to Elsa Louise: 2/10, 13lbs 8 oz  energy.gifand Oscar Allen: 7/12, 13lbs 8 oz  babyboy.gif

Ninetales is offline  
Old 09-30-2009, 07:18 AM
 
jul511riv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Israel
Posts: 2,499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks, I scheduled an appointment for tomorrow...but that's just between all of us and me and dh, okay? I'm STILL not sure that I will do it, but I'm pretty sure I will. I think I WOULD regret not knowing gender. But, if I have it done, do I have to tell anybody? Like, I totally want to tell you guys...cause if it's a boy...then it will totally add to the uneven testostorone count of our ddc, which is really interesting and I think people would want to know it, and if it's a girl, well then it will give people hope, maybe, that you can birth in Feb 2010 and still have some estrogen. But do I HAVE to? Should I feel compelled to? Cause people could search me and find out what I'm having...people I know irl...and that would really bother me cause I do want it to be a secret just for us.

I've already got my boys name, and am pretty sure it's a boy. Even dh really likes the name, though we will only be 100% after baby is forn and we have a look.

I have some ideas for a girls name, so I feel on track for that as well.

What do ya'all think? will you be mad at me if I don't tell?

 http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
jul511riv is offline  
Old 09-30-2009, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter
 
Mommy2Austin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jul511riv View Post
Thanks, I scheduled an appointment for tomorrow...but that's just between all of us and me and dh, okay? I'm STILL not sure that I will do it, but I'm pretty sure I will. I think I WOULD regret not knowing gender. But, if I have it done, do I have to tell anybody? Like, I totally want to tell you guys...cause if it's a boy...then it will totally add to the uneven testostorone count of our ddc, which is really interesting and I think people would want to know it, and if it's a girl, well then it will give people hope, maybe, that you can birth in Feb 2010 and still have some estrogen. But do I HAVE to? Should I feel compelled to? Cause people could search me and find out what I'm having...people I know irl...and that would really bother me cause I do want it to be a secret just for us.

I've already got my boys name, and am pretty sure it's a boy. Even dh really likes the name, though we will only be 100% after baby is forn and we have a look.

I have some ideas for a girls name, so I feel on track for that as well.

What do ya'all think? will you be mad at me if I don't tell?
Wouldn't be upset at all Although we could set up a PM train to tell the due date club so no one outside knew LOL

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

Mommy2Austin is offline  
Old 09-30-2009, 10:35 AM
 
NicoleS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,618
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How likely are people going to go searching for you online to find out what you are having? Would they take it at face value if you told your real life friends that the baby was in a bad position and they couldn't tell?


I know we don't tell the name we've chosen to real life friends until the baby is born, but I have told my "online forum" friends (would just ask that you didn't share it on FB) and so far haven't had a problem...

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
NicoleS is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off