Weekly chat thread October 12-18 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-12-2009, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I put this on the last chat post but then realized it is time for a new one so I am copying my last post on to here. then I am getting OFF the computer and going outside to close up my garden!

For some reason right now I am feeling impatient! Like- ugh- only half way there? I know it is silly. People are complicated and live a long time and therefore take a long time to grow. I think it is because
1. I wanted a baby for so long before I even met my husband
2. TTC took a long time due to male factor issues
3. I am still waiting for the first kick.

So- yeah. So happy to be finally pregnant! Now- more waiting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2009, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Getting off of the computer...what a novel idea...maybe I should think about that... I blame messageboards for ruining my house.

I posted last week about feeling pg forever. How many weeks are you? I'm 21 weeks today, and am just now feeling significant movement (just posted about that too). Last night, the baby was moving around, and I was just over the moon! So, you're time will come soon!

I wanted babies for a long time before I met my husband too...however, I was 13 when I met him, so I couldn't do much about it.

I still remember the feeling of that very first BFP five years ago...I called EVERY ONE I knew. If your number was in my cell phone, you knew that I was pg.

Crunchy wife to my high-school sweetheart, mama to DS (10/23/05) , DS (11/22/07) , DD (3/9/10) , and DS (5/26/12),  and three babies in Heaven.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I go back and forth. I can't believe I was pregnant all summer, and my sports loving husband has pointed out that I will still be pregnant AFTER an entire football season and the entire regular college basketball season (uhhh, thanks hubby).

But then when I log in here and have to change my sig. every week I can't believe another week has passed.

We visited my inlaws last weekend and my sisters in law had a little get together/shower for me/DH and I felt silly saying I still had another 1/2 of pregnancy to go...
Old 10-12-2009, 07:16 PM

Hmm... still quite uneventful around here in pregnancy land.

-- Blood pressure was up a little at my last appointment (almost 3 weeks ago now). This is good since it was at 90/52.

-- Next appointment is next Thursday.

-- I've gained nearly 20 pounds total now, despite eating really well.

-- I don't fit well in maternity jeans for some reason. They are always too baggy in the crotch/butt and make me feel like I have saggy diaper butt. Instead I bought a pair two sizes larger than normal that are working really well.
I'm also still wearing longer non-maternity shirts.

-- Feeling significant movement every day now.

-- DS loves taking to his baby and giving my belly kisses.

- Jen, Mama to DS1 (02.04.05) and DS2 (02.11.10) & baby #3 due in early January 2013

Old 10-12-2009, 08:21 PM

It's been a busy weekend of running around and doing errands so I spent most of the day on the couch either preparing lessons and crafts for my first and second graders or knitting for the baby. I'm working on a sleep sack and am about 2/3 of the way done with it. I've also been watching some fantastic video lectures by Margaret Homfray on Montessori education.

Tomorrow I have my level 2 ultrasound. I'm not really nervous about it but I know it's going to be a nerve-wracking experience to sit there while the tech looks over everything. My last ultrasound was 45 minutes so I'm guessing this one will be much longer. Arg. I'm going to ask lots and lots of questions and see if the tech will tell me everything he's looking at and if it looks okay.

The little guy has been kicking a ton, so much so that I wonder what it's going to be like a few months from now. By then I feel like he would be strong enough to kick through my stomach. I can already see his kicks from the outside.

I'm working hard at eating my 100g of protein every day, drinking lots of milk. But I still have gotten a headache by the evening the past 5 days. Any ideas what might be causing that? My headaches are usually food related, because I'm not getting enough protein, but that can't be the case this time because protein is pretty much all I eat (I'm getting fruits and veggies too).

Kristen married to DH Brad, mama to Isaiah Abraham (born on Valentine's Day 2010) and expecting a new little one in February 2012!

Old 10-12-2009, 08:32 PM

Picking the birthing rope/swing discussion from last week:

I'm thinking the easiest plan might be something that fits over a door frame. I know there are many workout products, like chin-up bars, that do this... so maybe a rope?
I have also thought that a yoga swing might work well... don't know what else to call it, my old yoga teacher had one. It was two ropes that ended in a padded swing that helped you do a head stand/inversion. Maybe I'll ask her what it's really called. Hers is mounted into ceiling beams, though, and I don't know if I want something that permenent.

JustSimplicity - lactose intolerance? This baby has made me semi-lactose intolerant... I do o.k. with things that have been cultured, like cheese and yogurt, but get headaches from straight dairy... milk, cream...

One son , 3 years old. One husband, nine years of love. Expecting A Girl Feb 25, 2010
Old 10-12-2009, 10:18 PM

I go both ways on the halfway through thing. It seems like the first trimester pukies were a lifetime ago, but at the same time it feels mostly like it's gone pretty fast. I think it will go fast until after the winter holidays, then the last couple months will really crawl. I'm a bit envious of you beginning-of-Feb mommies who will get there first.

itsajenism, I totally hear you about the saggy butt maternity pants. Argh!

I'm an impatient nut waiting for tomorrow--my (hopefully) only ultrasound. I want the reassurance that this babe is looking good, and I so can't wait to find out the gender. (Either way is fine, I just want to know!) It feels like Christmas Eve.

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:41 PM

Pregnancy length: I feel like this pregnancy has flown by! It seems like the weeks are just passing by so quickly-I'm actually starting to get nervous. We'll have babies to take care of before we know it!

Lactose intolerance: I am normally badly lactose intolerant-like a scoop of straight ice cream will make me throw up-but since being pregnant, I can drink straight cow's milk like a champ. I've been eating lots of dairy-I guess the baby really wants some calcium or something.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty peeved at my in-laws now for their lack of interest in this baby. I mean, they came and visited us for a week, and barely discussed him, didn't ask about what we needed, and didn't bring us anything. At first, I thought I was just being sensitive, but when they left, my mom asked me, 'so, what did ILs get you for the baby while they were there?' She was very surprised when I said nothing. She would have taken us to buy one of the big 'grandparent' items like nice stroller, carseat, crib, etc. (We live 20 hours away from our families, so they won't have another chance to see us until after the baby is born). And, instead of planning a trip to visit the baby-they just decided to plan a big overseas vacation right after my due date (the second one this year). We only heard about it through a friend who lives back in our hometown. I guess I'm just feeling sensitive. Ugh.

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
Old 10-12-2009, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

It is going slowly and yet . . . all of a sudden I am like- well, I do have to get some things together!
Things I have to do:
-I am looking for a pram type stroller
-figure out our bed situation- our bed is kind of small- a full size I think. Perfect for two people in love who like to sleep close but maybe not big enough to be comfortable with a baby in it. We are trying to decide if one of those co-sleeper baby beds that attaches to our bed will be good or if we want to get a bigger bed. Being first time parents to be we have no clue. Opinions welcomed!
-get diapers and clothes ( I am excited to try EC (elimination communication) with this baby
- get some kind of baby carrier (wrap type thing)
I am excited to try to find a pram. It is an old english style carriage. Many of them can be used as a stroller for the baby to lay down in, and then as a daytime napping bed, and also be folded up into sitting when the baby is older, and some can even be an infant carseat! But they are harder to find in the us and I saw some great UK websites with them.

ANyone else want to share what they have to do to prepare for this baby?
Old 10-12-2009, 11:52 PM

I feel like little is changing day-to-day now. My little guy is moving quite a bit, so I'm also a little worried about a few months from now when he's stronger I guess I'm really happy to just be feeling him every day though.
I'm also a little anxious for tomorrow, but mine's just a normal appointment. The dr is constantly on me about gaining more weight and it's become a stressful thing almost. I refuse to buy a scale at home b/c I know it'll just make me obsess even more, so I'm anxious to see where I am tomorrow. I've gained 7 lbs. Is that really THAT unhealthy? I'm eating like crazy!!!! (and as healthy as I can make it while still trying to put on weight)
As far as time goes...it doesn't seem like I've been pregnant for very long, yet February seems SO far away!! I'm also jealous of those of you due at the beginning of the month.

Mama to Jack (2/14/10) and Madi (2/14/12) luxlove.gif my Valentine's babies!

Old 10-13-2009, 12:23 AM

Lactose intolerance: I don't usually drink milk anymore, so I have to start small and work up a tolerance over a few weeks to be able to drink it nowadays (not only while pregnant), otherwise it's headache-city. I even got a headache from yogurt this weekend, though. That was new and unwelcome; I need the calcium!

Bed: Katie, last time we got a big bed and put a guard rail on my side; that worked really well. This time, we are stuck with a small bed, so will hopefully be ordering a cosleeper from the US (can't find one here so far!). I like having a big bed more because I can lay down next to baby, nurse her to sleep, and sneak away. This is also one reason why I prefer a regular twin bed with side rails or a mattress on the floor instead of a crib.

Me: QUEEEEASY tonight! Can't sleep because of it! I guess five popsicles (some coconut, some chocolate) last night, plus two more for breakfast this morning, plus chocolate cake for lunch was a bad idea. But...I...I had to see if I was allergic to those things...you know, testing to see if those were causing my yeast? Yeah...that's what I was doing. Actually, I don't know what the heck came over me; I just couldn't stop eating junk food, until it was all gone!

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
Old 10-13-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
-figure out our bed situation- our bed is kind of small- a full size I think. Perfect for two people in love who like to sleep close but maybe not big enough to be comfortable with a baby in it. We are trying to decide if one of those co-sleeper baby beds that attaches to our bed will be good or if we want to get a bigger bed. Being first time parents to be we have no clue. Opinions welcomed!
Get a bigger bed. We have a queen and are in discussions about upgrading to a king! We didn't use a co-sleeper, we just had the baby in our queen with us. It's so nice to be able to just roll over to nurse without sitting up/getting up to get the baby out of the co-sleeper/crib. We did try sidecarring a crib to the bed at one point, but DS was older and would pretty much wake up every time we moved him over into it so it was a waste of space.

Quote:
-get diapers and clothes ( I am excited to try EC (elimination communication) with this baby
I'm excited to try EC with this baby, too! We CD our first (until 2.5 yrs, then we sort of alternated cloth/sposies). But going through potty training right now, I'm pretty excited to NOT do this with the next one! EC seems pretty awesome. I've been telling my mom (the baby clothes shopper extraordinaire!) to get mostly gowns for the baby and not many footy type jammies - those things are a nightmare for EC and CDing!

As for CDs, we used Kissaluvs size 0 fitteds w/o a cover for the newborn stage last time, and they were great - we still have them. We got them through the Kissaluvs outlet store, which they stock semi-regularly - they were seconds, so cheaper than normal. You can join their yahoo group email list to keep track of when they stock.

Other things we need to get are one of those zip around carseat warmers - we had a june baby last time, so we definitely didn't need one of those! We also need a new changing pad and baby bathtub (we got rid of those when we moved - they're easy to find used).

I can't really think of anything else right now...we'll have to explore a stroller option, too. DS1 will be pretty close to 4 when DS2 is born...so I'm not sure what kind to get to accommodate both of them...

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
Old 10-13-2009, 12:40 AM

Oh yeah, regarding dairy products: I usually don't eat them, because we strive toward veganism. This pregnancy, I've tried including dairy several times due to cravings, and it was a total digestion nightmare each time! Now I have to wonder if I was always lactose intolerant and didn't realize it, or if it's exacerbated with this pregnancy...it makes me feel WAY bloated, gives me heartburn and diarrhea. It's like the perfect sh*t storm.

Old 10-13-2009, 12:47 AM - Thread Starter

this is the type of co- sleeper we might get if we do get one:
http://www.armsreach.com/pages/shop-pv-c10-31.html
So I thought with this one I wouldn't have to get up or sit up to snuggle or nurse the baby.
My concern about it, though, is that it would feel like the baby was too separate from me/us and I couldn't snuggle him or her as much as if she/he were in our bed. But what I do like about it is that it attaches to the bed and has rails on the side so I would feel safe leaving baby in it.

Also- I have another post up about this but- I am trying to find a good pram type stroller. I want to be able to walk baby to sleep ( I love to take walks) in one that he or she can lay down in. I don't like it when babies get walked to sleep in a sitting up position and then have to sleep sitting up.
I like those 3 in one types of prams that can be carriage, napping bed for daytime, and carseat! Looking for a good one.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:01 AM

Quote:
I haven't done much, but I also feel like I don't have much to do.

- We upgraded our queen bed to a king size bed. A queen worked well when DS was a baby, but since he still likes to crawl into bed with us in the middle of the night, a king is necessary. (He sleeps between DH and I and baby will on the other side of me.)

- bought some newborn prefolds/covers from an acquaintance

- bought a moby wrap

- bought a few newborn clothes, 10-ish "outfits" for 0-3 months and 10-ish "outfits" for 3-6 months.

I still need to:

- research and buy a carseat

- buy a bedrail

I'm considering, but haven't decided on:

- a breast pump
I had the avent isis when DS was a baby which I didn't respond well to despite massive oversupply, but I also didn't really need to pump (and don't anticipate needing to this time). It would be nice to have an emergency stash in the freezer, which is why I'm considering it, but I don't know if I want to spend the money on a pump when there is a chance I won't respond well.

- a maya wrap (ring sling)
I'm unsure how the moby will work for me during newborn stage, but loved the maya wrap when DS was a newborn.

I'm waiting to buy any more cloth diapers (I have large fuzzibunz and prefolds still from DS) and clothes because I want to see how the baby gains before I do. DS was a fast gainer for the first 9 months (28 pounds at 9 months before leveling off even though we didn't start solids until 12 months), so if this baby is the same, I don't want to buy a bunch of stuff I won't use/need.

- Jen, Mama to DS1 (02.04.05) and DS2 (02.11.10) & baby #3 due in early January 2013

Old 10-13-2009, 02:03 AM

Arrrgghhh, 1am and I still can't sleep! I ate some bread, and the nausea has lessened, but also has been replaced with heartburn! Heartburn! From bread! Man, this pregnancy-stuff is for the BIRDS. Waaaant to sleeeep...

Speaking of sleep, I was looking closer at the cosleeping bassinets... Do they ALL have that little rail that stays up between the mattresses? Because if I can't get the mattresses exactly level without anything sticking up in-between, it's not going to work for me.

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
Old 10-13-2009, 12:15 PM

Katie, I'd do the bigger bed. For one thing, sometimes the baby will be on the other side, which means that if you need more room, you'll be in the cosleeper. Plus looking ahead, our 3.5 year old still has mommy/daddy bed privileges all weekend, plus comes in to snuggle every morning. We need every inch of our king size!

Regarding the pram, I'd caution to buy a newer one. The old ones are evidently very cool looking, but don't have shocks. The newer ones have nice shock systems, so they baby won't be overly bounced, but you might have to order them from Europe. We just had a Graco travel system, but the bottom transformed into pram-shape, so instead of snapping DD's carseat in when she was an infant, I just used that stroller pram-style, and then it converted to regular stroller after she wanted to sit up.

I still need some things for this baby, but we're not going to buy anything else until after Christmas. I feel like relatives who want to get us baby gifts will probably give them then, and there will still be a couple months to collect the things we still need. I think I want one of those bucket-style baby bathtubs. Has anyone used one or seen one in action? With DD I just bathed with her, but I think it might get more complicated now that there are two kids, and it might be nice to just be able to clean the newbie without taking a bath myself.

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:19 PM

I've been doing a lot of infant carseat research, the top two that come up over and over are the chicco keyfit and the graco snugride32. I'm going to check them out next tuesday... store shopping is hard because I live 1 1/2 hrs from a good shopping center.

I don't NEED much else, better clothes for EC, a bed rail... I want several more wraps n' things... I love baby carriers, I have several styles from DS and I want to try at least 3 more with this one

One son , 3 years old. One husband, nine years of love. Expecting A Girl Feb 25, 2010
Old 10-13-2009, 01:00 PM

I'm fully stocked on cloth diapers from the last baby. I need to replace velcro and elastic in a couple but other than that they are good to go. All the covers I bought and sew are gender neutral. I planned ahead.

As far as sleeping arrangements, I also agree with getting the bigger bed. I have an arms reach co sleeper I am looking to give away. It looks really nice in the picture all pushed up against the bed but these days I think a lot of people have thicker, pillow top mattresses and the co sleeper was so much lower than our bed. It's not like I was about to go out and buy more pieces to raise up the already overpriced co sleeper. I don't see the difference between it and a pack n play except about 100 bucks. Besides my girls slept latched on the majority of the night anyways.

As far as stuff I need to buy. I guess I just need a carseat. I have a perfectly good one but it is pink and I am having a boy. I don't want a ton of clothes and I have already aquired about 15 outfits so I told everyone not to buy anymore and if they do, make it the next size up.
I already own about 4 single strollers that I have collected from my other kids and I bought a double stroller at a kids resale for 60 bucks.

That bathtub that Happyleigh posted is COOL. I usually just use the sink but I think I want to buy one of those.
What else...oh I might get a pump. I had a Medela Pump in Style that I used to relieve engorgement last baby and stocked up my freezer. I really liked having it and I think it boosted my supply even more since I would nurse and pump after. BUT it broke. Oh well. I was thinking about getting a Avent Isis. I wish I could try before I buy.

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

Old 10-13-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:

I'm really feeling like I'm all set. I need to finish up some sewing projects (crib skirt, wall decorations (made from my husband's old baby quilt), window valances), and hang some shelves.

I'm so glad I listened to you ladies weeks ago when it was suggested that I go ahead and register for this baby (our first) so that I can direct my in-laws towards the type of stuff I want to use. I found some stuff at babies r us and also used amazon.com We were back there for our one and only visit before the baby arrives so my sisters in law had a shower for me and we pretty much got all the big ticket items. I was able to add a moby wrap and co-sleeper at BRU and also put car seats on that registry. I used amazon for some (non-plastic!) toys as well as books, safety items (we badly needed new carbon monoxide meters/alarms), a few more cloth diapers, and other various stuff. I got a beautiful baby carrier (pouch) and also an ergo - neither on my registry, so it was evident that some of my mother in laws friends were inspired by the stuff I did list and went ahead and got some awesome off registry stuff too. We are so thankful for all the love shared with the baby already.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:30 PM

I second (third? fourth? fifth?) the bigger bed! We have a queen, and if we had room, we'd upgrade to a king. As it is, we'll probalby stick with the Queen, and a cradle next to the bed to start with, and then maybe sidecar the crib. DH is a very light sleeper and will probably sleep in the spare room most nights, I suspect, like last time. You'll want the bigger bed when your toddler/pre-schooler wants to snuggle up too. If you can afford it, I say go for it.

Dairy - I have moderate lactose intolerance "normally". But I lost it last pregnancy, and this one too. I also lost it for the first 18 months or so of bf-ing. It was a big shock when it suddenly came back!

I have my cloth diaper stash more or less set. I want to buy a few NB fitteds, but other than that, we're good. I think we've even got enough Smalls (which is kind of a shame because I love diaper shopping and wanted to stretch it out.. but had good deals on some second hand!). We're going with primarily prefolds, with a few flats and fitteds thrown in. I have a couple of AIO types too - a Gro-baby and a couple of BGs - just for fun. I'm glad it's all set - my plan was to buy all the baby stuff in 2nd tri, and then wash it all in 3rd. Most of the infant stash is second-hand, which I'm thrilled about.

I'm considering one of those tubs too... don't need it as we already have one of the reclined ones -but they look neat!

Kara - I was saying to my DH last night how gypped this second baby is! When we were pg with DD, the first grandbaby for 3 sets of grandparents, everyone was super-excited. MIL sent a care package every month, my mother was tripping over herself to see the baby clothes and ask us what we want... this time nothing other than "how are you feeling". It's not that we really need anything (although there were a few splurges I was hoping I could wheedle family into buying!!) but it's definitely far less exciting this time. I've got my mother a little more involved by getting her talking about cloth nappies, but overall, it's been very silent. I may have to buy that Gypsy Mama wrap myself.. LOL.

I'm also considering buying an Ergo insert - they have a new one for newborns. I'm wondering if it's any good - anyone heard anything? I'm going to check on TBW too.

Oh... and I am still practicing my knitting, and did a rocking rib sample yesterday. I think I'm ready to graduate to MAKING SOMETHING!

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
Old 10-13-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdita_in_Ontario View Post

I'm also considering buying an Ergo insert - they have a new one for newborns. I'm wondering if it's any good - anyone heard anything? I'm going to check on TBW too.
I was wondering the same thing. I think the ergo might be the most DH friendly (I also have a very feminine embroidered pouch and a moby) so I didn't want to have to wait until the baby is bigger for him to be able to use it with the baby. It also looks like something that could easily be made or substituted but it's not that expensive and I wouldn't want to do something wrong...
Old 10-13-2009, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

We are looking for a bigger bed
Maybe a king sized or at least Queen.

I saw my midwife today and she said all is well. HB is strong. My fundus is like way up there- I was actually surprised! I thought it was still close to my belly button but it is 2-3 inches above that! She said it is cause I have a short torso. She said all is well and I probably likely have a uterus that tips in so that is why I don't feel baby yet, because baby is hanging out deep in there.
It is all starting to feel real
Old 10-13-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
We are looking for a bigger bed
Maybe a king sized or at least Queen.

I saw my midwife today and she said all is well. HB is strong. My fundus is like way up there- I was actually surprised! I thought it was still close to my belly button but it is 2-3 inches above that! She said it is cause I have a short torso. She said all is well and I probably likely have a uterus that tips in so that is why I don't feel baby yet, because baby is hanging out deep in there.
It is all starting to feel real
I quit poking around once it got near my belly button, but then checked a this morning and was shocked it was about 1.5" above. I'm kind of tall and never really considered myself to have short torso, but I think the 1-3" range is pretty normal for this far along...
Old 10-13-2009, 07:39 PM

Yeah, my fundus is seriously encroaching on my bustline - I'm not kidding! It's measuring 4 weeks ahead, it's out of control! I'm not really that short or short-waisted (I'm 5'6"), so I have no idea what my excuse is.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter

I just found the BEST pram/stroller ever- from a forum I am on from the UK. they have such cool stuff over there, some of which we don't have here in the US!
Check this out I am in love with this pram:

http://www.silvercross.co.uk/our-ran...sic-sleepover/

If you click on the video demo it shows you how it goes from a pram/carriage to an upright stroller to a moses bed and a carseat

NOw I have to figure out how to get one! They don't have any stores in the US and they probably don't ship but they do have one in Canada
Getting so excited all of a sudden.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
I just found the BEST pram/stroller ever- from a forum I am on from the UK. they have such cool stuff over there, some of which we don't have here in the US!
Check this out I am in love with this pram:
I love the pram (I too have always loved that look). I didn't research that type at all though because we wanted a jogging stroller, so I don't know much about them, but is the bumbleride at all similar? At least it's readily available in the states...

edit - it's called the bumbleride queen b model. I was in a store called land of nod last weekend and they had a couple of pram type strollers on display. One was the bumbleride and after looking at the land of nod website the other was probably made by mutsy.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:21 PM

Lalalala...not sure if I have anything to add to the conversation.

I'd say the pregnancy is moving along at about the rate I'd expect - some days seems too slow and other days to fast.

Not really any digestive issues here aside from the heartburn.

As far as preparations - not a lot to do left here. We have to get a new car, and once we do that a new carseat. Other than that I just need dipes and some new binkies for the baby. I have to get some PP pads and nursing pads for me. That's about it. We have a bassinet that the baby will use for the first 4-6 week or so, then he'll go in the crib in the kids' room. I have to set it up, but that will take about 5 minutes, LOL. It's in the closet in the kids' room now. I've been washing clothes as I get them - I'd like to buy a new outfit for his coming home outfit, but that's not a must.

Sometime in December I'll pack the hospital bags - one for me and baby to take to the hospital (basically just toiletries and clothes to wear home) and one for the kids here. That way DH/MIL won't have to go searching for matching outfits for the kids. Around that time I'll also start stocking up on heat and eat meals and easy snack foods so DH will have an easy go of it when I'm in the hospital (and so I won't have to worry about cooking the first week home).

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
Old 10-13-2009, 10:43 PM

Had my level 2 ultrasound today. The choroid plexus cysts seems to be going away, even after only 2 weeks so I am incredibly thankful for that. The single umbilical artery is still an issue but all his other organs and growth are right on track. I'm so happy!

Kristen married to DH Brad, mama to Isaiah Abraham (born on Valentine's Day 2010) and expecting a new little one in February 2012!

Old 10-13-2009, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSimplicity View Post
Had my level 2 ultrasound today. The choroid plexus cysts seems to be going away, even after only 2 weeks so I am incredibly thankful for that. The single umbilical artery is still an issue but all his other organs and growth are right on track. I'm so happy!
Kristen, that is awesome news!!!! So relieved for you.

User Tag List