Weekly chat thread Oct 26- Nov 2nd - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 85 Old 10-29-2009, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheBear View Post
In my last pregnancy, we had this same confusing discussion on our DDC, so I came up with The Official SheBear Trimester Schedule (Revised). ROFL!

I love it!

Crunchy wife to my high-school sweetheart, mama to DS (10/23/05) , DS (11/22/07) , DD (3/9/10) , and DS (5/26/12),  and three babies in Heaven.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 85 Old 10-29-2009, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Totally random:

Rikki Jean - I just noticed you have a Jonas, too.

---

Still having quite the uneventful pregnancy now that I'm nearing the 3rd trimester.

I still get nauseous from time to time, but at least I'm not making any more ER trips. I did randomly puke the other night very shortly after DTD. I have no idea what that was all about... but I joked around with DH that he no longer "gets any" after that little episode until after the baby is born.

I had marginal previa during my 19 week u/s... but statistics are on my side for it to move as my uterus grows so I'm not too worried about that.

I've gained 24 pounds so far.

And... that's about it. Just waiting around for these months to start going by faster.

- Jen, Mama to DS1 (02.04.05) and DS2 (02.11.10) & baby #3 due in early January 2013

#63 of 85 Old 10-29-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsajenism View Post
Totally random:
I still get nauseous from time to time, but at least I'm not making any more ER trips. I did randomly puke the other night very shortly after DTD. I have no idea what that was all about... but I joked around with DH that he no longer "gets any" after that little episode until after the baby is born.
Ok, so I know what DTD is, but what does it stand for? 'Doing the Deed' is the only thing that pops into my mind.

Itsajenism, that's horrible! I hope that doesn't happen again. Although I guess there won't be any way to find out now .

My family = me + dh & ds +
#64 of 85 Old 10-29-2009, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Totally random:

Rikki Jean - I just noticed you have a Jonas, too.
You know, I noticed a while back that you have a Jonas, and I meant to say something, but...I forgot. Preggo brain!

Crunchy wife to my high-school sweetheart, mama to DS (10/23/05) , DS (11/22/07) , DD (3/9/10) , and DS (5/26/12),  and three babies in Heaven.
#65 of 85 Old 10-29-2009, 03:04 PM

On another board I'm on, we have forums for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and the consensus is to move over at 27 weeks, I think.

I don't care really. I'm getting more tired, my stomach is itchy, my pelvic separation is getting to the point I can feel I'm waddling, and most importantly, I've bought everything I need for this baby. SO - I'm officially declaring my self 3RD TRIMESTER. Thank you

(DH came home from his cousins' house with 4 garbage bags full of newborn - 6 months clothes a couple of days ago. Which is very, very nice of them. It just that, well, we have had a baby already. We have LOTS of stuff. I mostly bought gender neutral stuff, and really who cares if a diaper shirt is pink. He's not pleased with me, because he thinks I'm ungrateful, but I'm going through it all and putting 2/3 of it in 'Goodwill' piles. There's a lot of staining and it seems that a whole bunch of it was washed with something red, so there's random pink patches on a lot of the stuff LOL. Ah well, it was VERY nice of them to think of us, and I'm sure that Goodwill can use it.. )

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#66 of 85 Old 10-29-2009, 04:24 PM

I'm going on 27 weeks so I am saying I am in the 3rd trimester. If for no other reason than to justify my constant complaining.

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

#67 of 85 Old 10-29-2009, 04:44 PM

What's the deal with people having secret affairs with other boards, HUH?! What've they got that we don't got?! A SPOTLIGHT THREAD? Well, we've got that now, too! Recipes? GOT 'EM! Butt-licking? It's ALL HERE, LADIES!

So. Just sayin'.

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
#68 of 85 Old 10-29-2009, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I am so tired today! I hope it is normal to feel super tired once in a while no matter where I am in my pregnancy. then when it comes to night time- I have insomnia! Argh. So even if I am tired I have a hard time sleeping.
I generally feel good but today I feel tired as all get out. :yawning
#69 of 85 Old 10-29-2009, 05:44 PM

My tiredness comes and goes, so yes, Katie34, you can be tired pretty much at any point during your pregnancy. Today, I'm feeling okay 'cause I slept very well last night - H was out of town. I usually toss and turn when he's home, but that's okay. I also think it's because I'm still getting used to sleeping on my side(s).

23 weeks on Saturday and I'm starting to feel a little waddle, too. The damn siatic nerve in my a$$ is driving me crazy. Every time I get up from sitting too long (which is what I do at work all day), my a$$ cramps up. Ugh.... This too shall pass.

But I have energy like crazy. Nesting is setting in, too. I'm painting rooms in the house - not the nursery, just yet. Organizing this and that. Cleaning ALL of the time. I'm just a crazy woman!

One happy mama to 1/06 , 3/10 , and married to my best friend
#70 of 85 Old 10-29-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramat View Post
What's the deal with people having secret affairs with other boards, HUH?! What've they got that we don't got?! A SPOTLIGHT THREAD? Well, we've got that now, too! Recipes? GOT 'EM! Butt-licking? It's ALL HERE, LADIES!

So. Just sayin'.
The other forum definitely does NOT mention butt-licking!

#71 of 85 Old 10-29-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdita_in_Ontario View Post
The other forum definitely does NOT mention butt-licking!
Very true - I've been on several pregnancy forums throughout the course of my pregnancy and this is the very first one I've found that has talked about butt-licking.

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
#72 of 85 Old 10-29-2009, 11:47 PM

Quote:
I did randomly puke the other night very shortly after DTD. I have no idea what that was all about... but I joked around with DH that he no longer "gets any" after that little episode until after the baby is born.
Yep. I feel you on that. The other night during a *ahem* creative situation, my pelvic bones popped apart at the symphysis area (kind of like one slid down, and one went up toward my ribs) and I almost threw up immediately. Had to take a couple days off after that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramat View Post

So. Just sayin'.
I feel weird posting in the other DDCs for some reason. Besides, this is where all the crazy fun is at!

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymama77 View Post
My tiredness comes and goes, so yes, Katie34, you can be tired pretty much at any point during your pregnancy. Today, I'm feeling okay 'cause I slept very well last night - H was out of town. I usually toss and turn when he's home, but that's okay. I also think it's because I'm still getting used to sleeping on my side(s).
Glad I'm not the only one who is sleepy. I slept 3 hours yesterday afternoon....

I think the little boy is head down now, which makes me feel good. Not that he won't keep flipping around, but I really want him to get comfy that way! I go see the midwife again Wed, so I can finally see how much I've gained. I am still playing catch-up after 1st tri weight loss.

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
#73 of 85 Old 10-30-2009, 04:55 AM

Up since 4am! Now 6am! Angry!

The toddler woke at 4am, and my husband went to check on her. But instead of giving her a kiss and her blanket, he opened her door and told her she could come to our tiny little bed. This is after I just spent something like two months working to get her sleeping in her own bed again, so I JUMPED out of bed to get her back into her room, and she was asleep again in no time. In her own bed. Without crying.

But now I can't get back to sleep because I'm so pi$$ed off! What the HECK, husband? Not only is not "able" to get her to go to sleep at night anymore, but he actually is actively trying to undo the WORK that I am doing to get the toddler ready to be a BIG SISTER. If he wants to buy us a king-size bed, then that's something. But if we're going to have a newborn in a stupid tiny full-size bed, we can't have a sideways-sleeping toddler in it, too. I mean, for freaks sake.

Okay, preggo hormones going crazy here. But GOSH I want to wake him up and yell at him!

(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
#74 of 85 Old 10-30-2009, 10:17 AM

I got to sleep last night! Yay! Now we just have to wait and see if it was the melatonin helping DD or just a coincidence...

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
#75 of 85 Old 10-30-2009, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

ahh- sleep. A treasured thing, isn't it? I am so lucky right now because I have a lot of free time (indulging myself before my full time mothering career begins this winter ). So- while I lie in bed at night with this vicious insomnia- I find I can sleep until 10 am in the morning no problem. My dh gets up to go to work at 5:30 and I usually fall into my best sleep of the night just about then.
Conversely, he is in bed by 9 while I stay up till midnight sometimes and then get in bed and start talking to him and tossing and turning my dh is very patient with me.

So- you know how for weeks I was worried about not feeling movements? Well, it is still new enough that I have to rave about how much movement I am now feeling And lovely baby likes to move when daddy is around so I am often able to put dh's hands on my belly and he can feel the kicks. Last night and even right now baby has been kicking up a storm.
Okay- dogs are telling me to get my lazy butt off the computer and get outside and walk them.
Also- luckily it is relatively warm enough here that I can still stick some tulip bulbs in the ground today for next spring's garden.
#76 of 85 Old 10-30-2009, 11:57 AM

Sleep is dumb, stupid, and overrated! So is watching the stupid, dumb sunrise!
(But, NicoleS, yay! Hope it's the melatonin!)

Still working on names for a possible baby girl. I thought we were settled with "Clara", but it just wasn't working for my husband.

Current list:
Sophia; Cynthia; Sienna; Carmen; Marisol; Juliana; Sabine; Samara; Samantha; Cecilia; Catarina; Audrey; Beatrice; Mirabell; Angeline; Madalena; Anneliese; Melisande

Need something that goes with sisters' names, Rosemary & Isabella. And also that suits the personality of this tiny individual. And also that isn't taken by someone else we know already (Sarah, Victoria, Catherine, Angela, Michelle, Fernanda, Claudia)! And also that sounds good in Portuguese!!

Starting to hope this baby is a boy!

(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
#77 of 85 Old 10-30-2009, 11:59 AM

Poor aramat - not sleeping much huh?

You would think that after 3 other pregnancies my DH would "get" that it was a living baby in there. Apparently not. Here's our conversation last night:

Me: *Getting up and stretching* - I'm going to bed.
DH: Your belly is lopsided.
Me: Are you sure? Maybe it was how I was standing. *stand up straight*
DH: *looks at belly a moment* No, there's a bulge right there. *pokes bulge, baby kicks back* He kicked me!
Me: Well, what did you expect? You poked him.
DH: You mean he can feel me?
Me: Of course he can feel you! Plus it's probably like being in a waterbed and you're sloshing him all over.
DH: Oh. *looks at belly again* Now he's over there! *gives belly another poke, feels him kick, and puts his ear to my belly* I can hear him!

I then had to stand there another 5 minutes with DH poking my belly, putting his ear up to it, and saying "Caleb, can you hear me? Kick if you can hear me" before I guess Caleb rolled over and DH couldn't feel him anymore.

Don't get me wrong, it was cute (albeit annoying) - but I've been trying to get him to feel the baby kick for weeks now!

#78 of 85 Old 10-30-2009, 12:00 PM

I love Sabine. My DH, however, hates it, so you should use it so I can live vicariously through you!

#79 of 85 Old 10-30-2009, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

aramat my favorite of those girl names is Cecilia. So pretty and classic.
#80 of 85 Old 10-30-2009, 05:43 PM

Aramat, Sabine is beautiful! Love it. Also love Magdalena, which is my baby niece's name.

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#81 of 85 Old 10-30-2009, 07:31 PM

Baby actually kicked me in the butt last night :P I was sitting with my knees pulled up, she kicked, and I could feel it in my butt, hahaha. So, my daughter officially kicks a$$. The jokes have been flying in our house today.

I just called my DH from work, I let him know that I'm exhausted and starving and I'll be home soon. Here's hoping for the best.

As of now baby's name will be Nova Valentine Helen Hagler "Novi"... meanings translate to.. new, strong, light (my husband has always loved Valentine, and Helen was my grandmother, Nova was a compromise that we both liked.)
We'll try it out for a while, but I don't want to name her until she's out (as in, we're not telling family)

Waddling - I felt like I was waddling by 8 wks

One son , 3 years old. One husband, nine years of love. Expecting A Girl Feb 25, 2010
#82 of 85 Old 11-01-2009, 12:38 PM

1) I'm hungry, and NOTHING sounds good.

1.5) Except for ice cream.

1.75) Even cookies and sherbert don't sound good. Only ICE CREAM.

2) I am NOT a nice wife without sleep, especially while pregnant.

2.5) I can't fall asleep before 1am anymore, but sleep has always been what I do best! Whassup w/that?

3) I think the ice cream place may be closed today!

(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
#83 of 85 Old 11-01-2009, 12:45 PM

I hope you get your ice cream. Eat it for breakfast. I won't judge you. I totally ate a candy bar dipped in Nutella.

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

#84 of 85 Old 11-01-2009, 12:47 PM

I totally ate the last ice cream for breakfast!!! But that was hours ago already; it's 2pm here now!

(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
#85 of 85 Old 11-01-2009, 06:37 PM

Mmmmm....ice cream. And here I was doing good and not having any for the past week. I've only been eating healthy stuff like Halloween cookies and leftover trick-or-treat candy.

The babe quieted down his kicking for a couple of days and came back in full force last night. I thought he was going to burst outta there! It kind of freaked DH out how hard it was-he must have huge feet.

Don't forget to check out the Spotlight thread and ask Fireflyforever some fun and silly questions!

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page