Mothering Forum banner

Weekly chat thread Nov 23- 29

1K views 59 replies 21 participants last post by  marcib28 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I can't believe I am 29 weeks and three days... WOW.... We are heading to Berlin this weekend so that should be fun, I hope not to cold!!!
I think it might be our last trip until the baby is due. I am trying to convince my husband that we should go to Prague after Christmas but he seems to think I will be too pregnant. It's only 2.5 hours away from us though... so I hope I can convince him.

#5 ·
Does anyone know what is considered safe for chest congestion/coughing in pg? This cold is doing a number on me and I have to finish school work!
Other news, kind of freaking out about the being at 30 wks thing. Part of me is really excited and then part of me can't believe it has all gone this fast. I have a lot of things to do!

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by flavorfull1 View Post
Does anyone know what is considered safe for chest congestion/coughing in pg? This cold is doing a number on me and I have to finish school work!
My OB's list is pretty much the same as this one, though he does allow Sudafed.

#7 ·
Quote:

A steam bath.

Sorry mama!

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
I can't believe I am 29 weeks and three days... WOW.... We are heading to Berlin this weekend so that should be fun, I hope not to cold!!!
I think it might be our last trip until the baby is due. I am trying to convince my husband that we should go to Prague after Christmas but he seems to think I will be too pregnant. It's only 2.5 hours away from us though... so I hope I can convince him.
Oh fun
We went to Berlin this summer for our anniversary and had a great time! I also LOVED Prague. It's not too far, so I'd say go for it if you are feeling comfortable! A new mom this weekend told me that we should travel as much as possible before the little one comes.
We'll be in Munich this weekend visiting friends on our way to our new home in France!

Quote:

Other news, kind of freaking out about the being at 30 wks thing. Part of me is really excited and then part of me can't believe it has all gone this fast. I have a lot of things to do!
that you get better soon!!!

#9 ·
Morning!

My plan this week is to get into our old CD stash and inventory - I'm sure there are things I've forgotten we have and things I've forgotten we'll need.
We're planning on ECing, but seems like CDs are still necessary for backup and trips out of the house and whatnot.

We head out tomorrow night for the in-law's for the holiday, driving half of a 8-9 hour drive and continuing on the next day.
Trying REALLY hard to keep a positive attitude and be open for a positive experience, but past realities are making that kind of a struggle. Thankfully, my DH is all too aware of the difficulty of his parents, so it's not just me suffering in silence through the whole thing. Trying really hard to not get crazy planning for dumb behavior and my response to it...just hoping for a stress-free holiday (is that possible with in-laws!?)

#10 ·
yay, I'm happy for a short week of work - although I'm going to be really busy. We are leaving for a little vacation on Weds to California and come back on Monday. This will be my last (plane) travel until after the baby comes.

Next week I have an appointment with the midwives and then after that I guess I switch to an appt. every 2 weeks. Crazy!!!

#11 ·
Finally making some progress on some of this things we have to do around the house before the baby comes
Dh stepped up and got the mice thing under control- my lovely dh

We have to have some house repairs done but it is only aesthetic and I had thought it would wait till the spring- but yesterday the best carpenter came over- and he said he could do it all (the way I want it) in a week and a 1/2 and- being a dad himself he said- you're going to want this done before the baby comes- I can move stuff around and fit you in soon. Yay! Now I just have to see what his price is- hmm.

I am finally figuring out some of the cloth diapering things. Like Keeta we are going to do EC- or at least do our best to do it- but obviously we need diapers too!

Baby movements have changed some- sometimes I won't feel him.her for long stretches- and then I do again. Sometimes by belly is lopsided- like baby is hanging out all on one side. yesterday I gently pushed on the lopsided part and felt it move.

Anyway- blah blah, I have been sleeping a ton. I am very grateful to have been able to have a lot of down time in this pregnancy in which to sleep. I have slept through much of this pregnancy! Especially because I know that for future pregnancies I won't be able to do that as much while tending the other kid (s). Definitely not abounding with energy these days but as long as I rest a lot I feel pretty good.

#12 ·
Happy Monday, everybody!!

Feeling giddy today... Not sure why. Either because I didn't sleep last night, or because I am still "high" off of last night's amazing cookie frappuccino, or because we are almost ready to buy a NEWER, BIGGER, COMFIER bed!!!, or because I think we have finally settled on baby names, or all of the above.

Baby names: A boy will still be Thomas, as decided many years ago. For a girl, my husband really wanted "Sienna", but it's too short and trendy for my taste, and it has no nickname. So we compromised on a name that I like (Julianna) but with a spelling that he likes (Italian) -- Giuliana. So if this baby is a girl, we'll have Rosemary, Isabella, and Giuliana, which I think work great together. YAY!

Flavorfull1 -- Raw garlic!

#13 ·
My blood sugar is going nuts. I have been sticking to my diet. I have upped my insulin. I don't know what to do. I know a lot of women on here don't believe in the whole pregnancy diabetes thing but I have it in black in white in front of my face that pregnancy screws my blood sugar. I have always lived with diabetes but pregnancy really throws it for a loop and there just isn't a damn thing I can do about it. I guess just knowing I am doing the best I can is all I can do. He weighed in at 4 pounds at 29 weeks. Give or take of course because it was U/S guesstimate. He has huge cheeks and rolls of fat. I can't wait to meet him. Hopefully he will hang out in there a long time. My cervix has funneled way down and is only measuring a centimeter and some change. Nothing has really made me think I was going to go into labor preterm until the other night. I got this great idea to go super grocery shopping. I started having some wicked contractions that were scaring the crap out of me. They actually hurt. When I got home, I drank tons of water and laid in a warm bath for awhile and they eventually went away. I was about to go to the hospital if they kept up. Praying this little man stays in. 8 more weeks would be GREAT. I'm 30 weeks now. I just want a "term" baby.

#14 ·
Hi all!

Yay for another week down! There's an August DDC and December's having babies...there is actually a light at the end of the tunnel! I'm excited for Thanksgiving day but, unfortunately, that's the only day I get off of work. I have to work Wed and be back Fri
I'm really bugged by that! I'm also feeling the in-law issues for Thanksgiving! I've let DH know in advance that he may hear a few smart remarks from me if his family says something out of line...trying to think positive...we'll see how it goes! I really want to get started getting things together for baby, but DH is being a pain in the butt and doesn't want to start bringing more stuff into the house until we have somewhere to put it, but he won't help clean out the spare bedroom! Most of it is his stuff so I can't do it on my own without starting WWIII!
I had a meeting today at work about the our health benefits. They're getting short-term-disability for next year and a new plan that has no deductible
Sorry-that's my excitement for the day!

#15 ·
Hi everyone! We've hit the Busy Season over here, so I haven't been around. We hardly have a single free weekend between Halloween and February, oof! And tomorrow we are off for Thanksgiving in-law visiting. 13 hours of driving, but we're splitting it up in two days on the way up, at least. Wheee... At least I have good in-laws.

Zoom! Can't believe I'm going to be 28 weeks already! Ugh, I have to make a decision about rhogam now. I still can't get past the receptionist at the backup OB's office to get them to run the tests I wanted. Just going and getting the rhogam without doing the tests because of their obstructionism really annoys me, it feels like giving in.
But I'm already going to be late getting it, and doing the tests would set it back even further. Grr.

#16 ·
OMG. My first chiropractor appointment is tomorrow. I have never in my life been to a chiropractor but I am not getting any relief at all for my PSD and sciatica so I am going to get adjusted tomorrow morning. I'm scared. I'm scared to pop. I hate popping. I yell at people when they pop next to me. I sure hope I get some relief. I am willing to POP to get relief from this crap. I keep hearing getting adjusted is the only thing that will help me feel better and that it feels amazing to get adjusted. I hope this is true!

#17 ·
Good luck at your chiropractor. I hope he or she is gentle. I have a lovely chiropractor who is very gentle. I see her every 2 weeks now and it had helped me feel good. she doesn't do the pops with me, or anything scary. I do get scared sometimes and sometimes she just does the most gentlest things that I think- that can't have done anything, but then I feel really good.
Let them know that you don't want anything too forceful and maybe you will find, like I did, that even subtle shifts can help. I am actually going to my chiropractor tomorrow too.

#19 ·
Hi Ladies! Texasmum-I hope your chiropractor appt goes well today and that your blood sugar issues will start to even out some!

I had my latest OB appt tomorrow and it went great. Measuring just a week ahead, super strong heartbeat, and only 2 pounds gained last month. Apparently I've gained the same amount of weight this time as I did with my last at this time in pregnancy, so although I'd rather have gained less, maybe my body just likes to gain a certain amount?? I'm completely in shock that we are now on the 2 week rotations!!!!!!! I'm excited, but surprised. I remember with my first that once the 2 week appts started, it flew by and here we are again! I've got to start washing clothes and getting more serious that this is really happening! ahhh!!!

I'm going to post this in a thread, but does anyone know the likelihood of going into the labor the same way as in previous pregnancies?? With my first, I had no contractions and then boom, my water broke and 30 minutes later, super hard labor. Becuase labor started with my water breaking is it likely to happen that way again?? Honestly I kind of hope so. Does that sound crazy? I'd rather just get things going and get to the hospital then have to sit around and labor around the house?? I don't know though, I've yet to have that kind of labor??

#20 ·
So annoyed... I just bought a new bra. Accidently left it on the floor of my closest and found my dog chewing on it a half hour later... needless to say he broke it and now I need to buy another new bra... I am so sick of bra shopping and spending money on these boobs that won't stop growing.

#21 ·
heh. Yeah, I just got a couple of nursing bras myself. A 34FF and a 36FF. Since I should be in an H, the cups are super small on me and my breasts are literally hanging out at the cleavage, like you can see these bubbles of clevage through my shirts...but at least it doesn't really hurt like the 34G Jenique I've been wearing.

The bra is really pretty and comfortable: http://www.freyalingerie.com/lingeri...rsing_bra.aspx (and no, I didn't get the matching underwear, they didn't even carry it)

They make it in my size (ideally, I'd be in a 36H until the belly goes down post baby and then I'd go into a 34H), but it seems that no store in Israel carries it.

They are not cheap, either.

But at least I have something, even if it doesn't fit right.

#22 ·
Hi Ladies.

Well, I'm home from the hospital and had an appointment with my new OB today (old OB is on maternity leave). I had a growth ultrasound and both girls are growing great: 2.3 and 2.5 lbs.
On the small-ish side (35th percentile or so) but so was my son so I'm not concerned. Makes me feel good because I've barely gained anything, given the bed rest...I'm only up about 17 lbs or so. And I'm not a big person.

I didn't have an exam...I have a big 'do not disturb' sign on my cervix.
They're afraid to touch me because any disturbance may cause me to explode and have two babies pop out. Ha. I do know I'm 100% effaced and at least 1 cm dilated...I was 2 weeks ago. But my OB says as long as I have no increase in symptoms, I can stay home...but to stick to strict bed rest and call if anything changes.

Hubby is doing all the of the Thanksgiving cooking, but he loves to cook so that's ok with him. His mom is coming tomorrow for Thanksgiving, and then I have a bunch of family members who are coming by on Friday to have a be-lated celebration. I hope it doesn't wear me out too much...too much activity makes me physically uncomfortable, so I may have to go upstairs for some of the festivities...

Just glad to be home.
Hope to make it at least a few more weeks...

#23 ·
The chiropractor went really well. My sciatic nerve pain feels a lot better. Didn't do much for the pubic symphasis pain though. Maybe it will take a few times. At least the chiropractor was very knowledgeable about the pain I was feeling and told me some home exercises I can do. So all in all I really liked her. She was very nice.
Her assistant on the other hand I didn't care for so much. I walked in and she said "wow you are kind of big. You are bigger than the other pregnant patients we have. Are you sure you aren't having twins?" I kind of blew it off because I was already nervous about being there in the first place since I have never been adjusted before. It really hurt my feelings though.

Zevy- It's great you are home! Great to hear the twins are doing so well. You are doing a great job.
jul511riv- That bra is really pretty. My stomach is totally gonna look like that models after I give birth. Ha Ha.
Lauren31- Every dog I have ever had has ruined or attempted to ruin everything I really like. Sucks he got a hold of your new bra. It's like they KNOW what to chew up that will piss you off the most.

#25 ·
so I'm scheduled to do that 5K on Thursday... (yeah, it was supposed to be a 3K, but apparently they changed it without telling me). I've been walking, but haven't been able to get past 1.5 miles w/o needing to stop until a couple nights ago. I was DETERMINED to finish the 3.1 miles before I stopped! I started getting really bad...cramps I guess you could call them. Just these pains on the underside of my belly (up to my belly button) that wouldn't go away unless I turned the speed down to a ridiculously slow speed! I don't know what it was (contractions of some sort? just round ligament pain?). Typically my round ligament pain is much more like a stabbing pain that comes really fast and is gone just as fast and stays on the outside. I'm trying to figure out if I should still do it. I feel very selfish asking them to walk as slowly as I would need to. I mean it took me an hour and 10 min to walk the 3 miles!!! that's ridiculous! I wish I knew what the pain was. Anyone know?

#26 ·
MDC is really lonely tonight (in every part!)...everyone must be traveling or getting ready for visitors. MDC can usually keep me occupied for most of the night.

For those of you who are traveling for Thanksgiving-safe and happy travels to you!!
I'm jealous of those of you who are going kind of far. I have the urge to travel somewhere suddenly!

Zevy-I meant to add earlier how excited I am for you that you're home!

Texasmum-yay for a good chiropractor visit! Hopefully your subsequent visits help with your pubic symphasis pain.

I need to go bra shopping...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.