Mothering Forum banner

Where is my linea *****??

2K views 31 replies 22 participants last post by  Nicole730 
#1 ·
I had the darkest linea ****** in my last two pregnancies but barely a faint line this time! I can tell you I don't have a pigment problem farther north!

I wonder what's going on? I had girls my first two times. Do boys make the lines less noticeable?

See less See more
#4 ·
I only had a line with my first two as well. Dark with my first, lighter with my second, and non-existent with my third and fourth. For the sake of the discussion, my first two were girls and my last two boys, so...

#10 ·
I don't know the gender of this next baby so I guess we'll have to see if there is a correlation. I read the line is due to an increase in estrogen, so this is why I was thinking girls make a darker line. But maybe just the fact this is a 3rd pregnancy may just make the line fainter too (body used to pregnancy by now)!

#16 ·
first was a girl had a line, second was a boy no line, third was a girl had a line, and now i'm having a boy and no line.

i knew when the line didn't show up i was having a boy, then the u/s confirmed it.

#20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zevy View Post
Has more to do with your coloring than anything else. and genetics.
I had heard that about coloring...but how does that explain women who have it for some pregnancies and not others? My skin tone hasn't changed!

#23 ·
I didn't get one until after my son was born. I think maybe I had it all along, but when the skin wasn't as stretched it wasn't obvious? I don't see one now...but I also cannot really see much below my belly button anymore. ha

#24 ·
I had always heard it was skin color that determined whether you got a line or not, but it does seem like a lot of people aren't getting them in later pregnancies, so there must be something else at work too.

My heritage is mostly Scots-Irish, but I do have a yellowish skin tone from somewhere. Maybe it's my Cherokee great-great-great-great-great-grandfather.

#25 ·
As far as skin tone goes, I am very fair, blue eyes, but brunette hair. Mostly German/Polish decent, with some British Isles thrown in there too...I had a lady at the grocery store the other day ask me if I was Irish because I'm so fair and my hair has red undertones?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.