I feel like such a bad group member... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-17-2009, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I started seeing my midwife at the very beginning of November, and I gave them the wrong date, which put my due date in January instead of February. I thought, meh, no biggie, when I start measuring small they'll adjust the dates. Well, here I am, measuring 34 wks, officially documented as 36 weeks, and this past week the baby turned over and dropped - this kid's locked and loaded. I went to my appointment today, after feeling horrible all day and having contractions, and I find out that I'm 50 percent effaced and dilated to 3 centimeters. DS came at 36 weeks, so this shouldn't be a surprise to me at all. So here I am, on the February 2010 board, probably having a full term baby in December. I feel like I should have seen this coming sooner.
#2 of 5 Old 12-17-2009, 11:58 PM

I'm sorry you feel badly. Hey, my girls came early December and I'm still on the Feb board. I too knew they would come early...just not this early.

Who knows, maybe you'll still be surprised. You can be dilated and effaced for weeks without going into labor. Just hang in there.
#3 of 5 Old 12-18-2009, 08:11 AM

My cervix has been supposedly funneled down to three eighths of a centimeter which is like, almost totally effaced, since 28 weeks and I'm still hanging in there. I'm taking Nifedipine for contractions every 6 hours. I'm going on 34 weeks now. Baby is low and head down. I still don't see him coming before 36 or 37 weeks or heck, even later. You just never know. Don't feel bad. It's all going to work out fine

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

#4 of 5 Old 12-18-2009, 08:49 AM

I am really confused... if your dates are wrong and the baby is measuring 34 weeks you do not have a full term baby. I would keep the baby in as long as possible if it were me and not let them pressure you into anything... especially if I knew in my heart that the dates were messed up. The difference bw 35 weeks and 37 weeks is huge in some babies.

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#5 of 5 Old 12-18-2009, 10:34 AM

First off, don't feel bad about anything!! Life is too short to feel bad about this type of stuff!! Life happens, enjoy it!! And good luck, everything will be fine!

Passionate homemaking wash.gif dishes.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifmama to Christopher (11/07), Evan (2/10), and Wyatt due in July!! jumpers.gif  In love with my amazing husband <3

***4***8***12***16***stork-boy.gif***24***28***32***36***40**  Praying for a vbac.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page