Weekly Chat thread Dec 28- Jan 3 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 110 Old 01-01-2010, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevy View Post
Oh hon, I"m sorry things aren't going so well in your NICU. Mine has a policy to keep all kids until 35 weeks. And, the nurses won't hold the babies because too much stimulation isn't good for preemies, and they want to save it for me. But they do let me bring in my own milk (in fact, the LC has told me I have taken over their freezer), so I'm surprised they won't let you do that...
I have decided (since yesterday) to just go ahead and start sneaking-in milk from home. Because it's a STUPID rule! And I remember learning in a childbirth class that, in a hospital, we should "Ask forgiveness, not permission"!

On the stimulation, I agree, but, if my baby got fussy, I'd want someone to pick her up and not let her waste the energy. I don't know if preemies really GET fussy, but I do know that all the other babies in the nursery are allowed to scream their heads off for as long as they want, so I'm really grateful Julianna generally seems content to just sleep the day away.

--

More rule-breaking!: Pics aren't allowed in the NICU, but after 13 days in the hospital and also after 345 days living in Brazil (my husband commented that I am turning Brazilian; Brazilians hate rules!)... 9-second video of Julianna From yesterday.

Julianna gained 5g as of this morning, so I'm a little happier today. Going to try to do exactly what I did yesterday in hopes of another gain for tomorrow. Any gain, any gain at all, just pleeease, baby, don't lose any more weight...

This week's gains/losses: Mon +60g, Tues -55g (1st day w/o feeding tube), Wed +5g, Thurs -25g, Fri +5g ...I guess it's pretty good for going from a feeding tube to breastfeeding and supplementing with a cup? SO nerve-wracking, though.

THANKS for the support, everyone!!

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
#62 of 110 Old 01-01-2010, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
oh Tamara she is Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing- she looks so good!
#63 of 110 Old 01-01-2010, 03:56 PM

What a beautiful babe!!! I hope she gains so she can come home soon!
#64 of 110 Old 01-01-2010, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Hmm- we went on a nice relaxing visit with family for a few days just after Christmas. during those days my baby moved in such a most distinct way ever- meaning so much movement, belly rolling, feeling a foot kick out- feeling the baby's whole body move around a ton. I loved it. Yet in the last couple of days since I have been home I mostly only feel most of the movement when I am lying in bed at night. In the day I feel more light movement and much less. I don't like that! I did read that around 32 weeks movements may get smaller as the baby has less room. But it felt disconcerting to have the movements so strong for 4 or 5 days straight and then slow down when I got home! I do feel a bit more stressed since I got home so I wonder if baby reacts, or what. anyway- hopefully just a momentary passing thing.
#65 of 110 Old 01-02-2010, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am finally back! I have been traveling here and there and it feels like everywhere for the holidays. I honestly couldn't wait to just get back to my own home and try to get settled. I have been freaking out because tomorrow I will be 36 weeks and I don't FEEL ready at all. I know that everything would be fine but I want to feel ready too. Malachi went through an amazing growth spurt over Christmas. I am sure that sugar did not help in the process
I had my Mother's Blessing in the middle of all the travels and it was perfect! I loved the support and interaction among all of my close women friends and family and I started feeling prepared for birth. It was the part of pregnancy that I was most looking forward to and it did not disappoint! It is such a blessing to have close women friends who will support me in this journey and transition. We did henna on my belly as well which was soooo itchy while I waited for it to dry but still fun to do. I will post a pic in the belly shots thread. I am sorry that I have been lacking in the posts but I have been reading as much as I can! Today I will try to catch up! Does anyone else feel like time is flying by and like they are barely ready?

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#66 of 110 Old 01-02-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavorfull1 View Post
Does anyone else feel like time is flying by and like they are barely ready?
See my post in the "It's January, are you ready?" thread. LOL

Chai, DS (3/05) and DS (2/10)
#67 of 110 Old 01-02-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramat View Post
I have decided (since yesterday) to just go ahead and start sneaking-in milk from home. Because it's a STUPID rule! And I remember learning in a childbirth class that, in a hospital, we should "Ask forgiveness, not permission"!

On the stimulation, I agree, but, if my baby got fussy, I'd want someone to pick her up and not let her waste the energy. I don't know if preemies really GET fussy, but I do know that all the other babies in the nursery are allowed to scream their heads off for as long as they want, so I'm really grateful Julianna generally seems content to just sleep the day away.

--

More rule-breaking!: Pics aren't allowed in the NICU, but after 13 days in the hospital and also after 345 days living in Brazil (my husband commented that I am turning Brazilian; Brazilians hate rules!)... 9-second video of Julianna From yesterday.

Julianna gained 5g as of this morning, so I'm a little happier today. Going to try to do exactly what I did yesterday in hopes of another gain for tomorrow. Any gain, any gain at all, just pleeease, baby, don't lose any more weight...

This week's gains/losses: Mon +60g, Tues -55g (1st day w/o feeding tube), Wed +5g, Thurs -25g, Fri +5g ...I guess it's pretty good for going from a feeding tube to breastfeeding and supplementing with a cup? SO nerve-wracking, though.

THANKS for the support, everyone!!
Yeah for rule breaking!!! How beautiful

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#68 of 110 Old 01-02-2010, 06:19 PM

Thanks, y'all! I think she's super-cute. Like a baby bunny. Or like a baby. Which she is.

Giddy today because I ate a Snickers bar. And also because Julianna had a 50g GAIN this morning! YESSS!! My husband ran around the living room cheering after he found out. You'd have thought she'd just been signed to his favorite soccer team.

However, I am experiencing a giant drop in my milk supply today, and I don't know why. I'm pumping after almost every feeding, but getting 5-20mL instead of my usual 40-50mL. I guess I'll be going back on the Domperidone, although that takes 24 hours to kick-in, so I'm still in a bit of a panic right now. I guess it's oatmeal for dinner tonight!

...She's 14 days old today. I still can't believe she's here!

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
#69 of 110 Old 01-02-2010, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavorfull1 View Post
...We did henna on my belly as well which was soooo itchy while I waited for it to dry but still fun to do. I will post a pic in the belly shots thread....
Oh, what a nice blessingway! I am unfortunately not really around any close women friends since we moved far far away, but DH is trying his best to do sweet little things. I am getting a big henna belly done so he can take artsy photos of me or something . He loves photography and has been discussing contrasts and apertures and stuff I have no idea about (I use a cheap little camera that is always on auto mode!), so it's nice that he's getting excited about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramat View Post
Thanks, y'all! I think she's super-cute. Like a baby bunny. Or like a baby. Which she is.

Giddy today because I ate a Snickers bar. And also because Julianna had a 50g GAIN this morning! YESSS!! My husband ran around the living room cheering after he found out. You'd have thought she'd just been signed to his favorite soccer team.
She is so beautiful! I meant to post when you put a pic up that she is adorable! for lots of weight gain!!!

So, I realized that I am considered "full term" in 25 days. 25 days??? That's not even a month. That is not cool . But, our crib arrived and DH is going to put it together and has instructions on how to properly side-car it, so at least he has a place to sleep! Now if I just get a car seat at some point and finish sewing his newborn stash we'll be good to go!

I got some fleece and terry on sale at a fabric store today, so I'm stocked up on diaper supplies. I think I'm making too many, but you can never have too many, right?? I may be addicted to making diapers.

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
#70 of 110 Old 01-02-2010, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

So what do you all think of sex in late pregnancy? Can I ask that? I don't even know what I mean except that the more pregnant I get the more sex feels kind of different! Anyway- I don't have much to say about it- I guess it is safe to have sex the whole time through? I just know dh and I had sex yesterday and today and after both times I felt a little achy in my cervix area- I don't know about cervix exactly but lowest part of the uterus next to the pubic bone.
I have been having some off and on achiness low down lately from time to time. I guess there is more weight and stuff on that area.
#71 of 110 Old 01-02-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
So what do you all think of sex in late pregnancy? Can I ask that? I don't even know what I mean except that the more pregnant I get the more sex feels kind of different! Anyway- I don't have much to say about it- I guess it is safe to have sex the whole time through? I just know dh and I had sex yesterday and today and after both times I felt a little achy in my cervix area- I don't know about cervix exactly but lowest part of the uterus next to the pubic bone.
I have been having some off and on achiness low down lately from time to time. I guess there is more weight and stuff on that area.
Safe to do until your water breaks unless you are on bedrest or having some sort of complication where they tell you not too. Semen is actually supposed to contain something that helps soften the cervix, and the contractions from the big O and nipple stimulation can help bring on labor if you are trying to get things going.

Now as far as actually doing it...yeah, that's a totally different story around here. There are few, if any, positions that are comfortable for me now, let alone enjoyable. And I personally have no sex drive when pregnant. So by this stage it's down to only doing it as often as I absolutely have to in order to keep DH from complaining too much.

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
#72 of 110 Old 01-02-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
It's great when you find a comfortable position! You can use it as an excuse to try different positions that you wouldn't normally. It's safe as long as you aren't on bedrest or your waters broken, like Nicole said. It helps me sleep better. Climaxing can cause some BH type contractions, but that's normal.

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
#73 of 110 Old 01-02-2010, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

movement question I am feeling slightly worried. Last week I felt such super strong movement from my baby- like, feeling a whole foot kicking out, feeling the baby's whole body squirming around.
Now, for the last 4 days since we have been home from our relaxing trip, and I have felt a little stressed out, I am still feeling movements a few times every day but they are much less strong than before. I find myself wanting to feel more movement and even when I do it isn't super strong. I don't know what to do about it! It is making me a bit nervous to remember how strong and reassuring the movement was last week and how much softer it is right now.
#74 of 110 Old 01-02-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleS View Post
Now as far as actually doing it...yeah, that's a totally different story around here. There are few, if any, positions that are comfortable for me now, let alone enjoyable. And I personally have no sex drive when pregnant. So by this stage it's down to only doing it as often as I absolutely have to in order to keep DH from complaining too much.
Right there with ya mama!

: mama to 3 sweet boys, 10/21/03, 2/23/07 and 1/20/10
#75 of 110 Old 01-03-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
So what do you all think of sex in late pregnancy? Can I ask that?
Safe but no fun.

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#76 of 110 Old 01-03-2010, 12:07 AM

Sex is starting to change for me, too. I remember it happening around 7 months last time. For one, my nipples are no longer instant orgasm buttons, hmmm... I'll miss those for the next few years. The most difficult part is my needs are changing so fast I can hardly keep up, much less tell DH what I need. And we just crossed off another position this morning. I think I'd be happy with all foreplay and no penetration, but hey it's not ALL about me
Katie34 - Were you eating more sweets/fruit/juice, while away? That could account for it in some part. I actually had less movement over the holidays. I understand, though, the unknown can be nerve racking. I just choose to let go of what I can't change, and think the best (as much as I can).

One son , 3 years old. One husband, nine years of love. Expecting A Girl Feb 25, 2010
#77 of 110 Old 01-03-2010, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

lulu yeah- I totally agree with you on that last part- choosing to let go of what we can't change and go with it and think the best. The interesting thing is- I think when I get tense in general I feel less movement. Like tonight I am just feeling tense about some things other than the baby. So I finally took a good bath and relaxed about stuff- and then I felt some good movement- some rolls I could see Didn't last too long but made me feel better when it was happening.
#78 of 110 Old 01-03-2010, 12:31 AM

Whenever it dawns on me that I haven't noticed the baby moving, I just poke at him and he always thumps back. Do you ever gently touch your tummy to try to get him or her moving? Poke is the wrong word. I guess I just gently push on his feet and it always gets him going. I do this when I wake up in the middle of the night a lot. I need that nudge of reassurance. Although every time I wake him up in the middle of the night he starts going wild and I'm like ugh why did I do that? Now I can't sleep!

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

#79 of 110 Old 01-03-2010, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

Sex feels different the farther along pregnant I am but I still really like it I am less completely obsessed with it like I was in the second tri. And sometimes I feel sore in the low pelvis after and wonder if it is still a good idea to be doing it in terms of the cervix and all. And maneuvering my pregnant body is different and I feel more protective- way more. I think that is the main thing. But I still enjoy it.
#80 of 110 Old 01-03-2010, 12:52 AM

Quote:
movement question I am feeling slightly worried. Last week I felt such super strong movement from my baby- like, feeling a whole foot kicking out, feeling the baby's whole body squirming around.
Now, for the last 4 days since we have been home from our relaxing trip, and I have felt a little stressed out, I am still feeling movements a few times every day but they are much less strong than before. I find myself wanting to feel more movement and even when I do it isn't super strong. I don't know what to do about it! It is making me a bit nervous to remember how strong and reassuring the movement was last week and how much softer it is right now.
Could baby be positioned differently?

I think that I'm a few weeks ahead of you. I know that around 30-32 weeks baby was still laying with his back towards my back and his feet at my belly button - which allowed for some pretty dramatic movements (to the point where other people mentioned them!). Lately however, he's spun around so that he's facing my spine and his butt is towards the front. I still get enough movement that I'm not concerned, but it's definitely not as fun to watch (and is getting less comfortable!). On the plus side though, I'm happy he's turned around, as he is navigating into a much better position for labor...

As far as the sex thing goes - hey, if you are still enjoying it - have fun! Remember, you have at least a 6 week dry spell post partum - possibly longer depending on how your personal recovery goes (it took about 3 months after my first for sex to no longer be painful) and the personality of your baby (nothing like baby starting to scream a few minutes into it to really kill the mood). And that's not including the leaky breasts, fatigue, and PP mood swings!

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
#81 of 110 Old 01-03-2010, 12:58 AM

I seriously cannot even entertain the thought of sex with DH right now. I just feel so unbelievably huge and whale-like! I can get down with my own bad self because, well, I don't really have to remember I'm pregnant since I'm not forced to consider anyone else's needs and/or survival (I outweigh DH now by a considerable amount!)

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#82 of 110 Old 01-03-2010, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

I wrote this on the other thread I posted about movement- but when I finally forced myself to relax last night when I went to bed baby's movements totally picked up and I felt lots of rolling and tumbling for hours- also this morning when I woke up! Relieved! I think it really depends on how stressed I feel.
#83 of 110 Old 01-03-2010, 02:19 PM

DH and I DTD for the first time in months the other night. It was weird and awkward but it didn't hurt and it wasn't uncomfortable. We had not been able to do it since all this cervix funneling crap. So I'll be 36 weeks in a few days and I said heck, we need to break the ice and gear up for the sex marathon we will be having to help encourage labor. We always have crazy sex marathons at the end of all my pregnancies. I don't know if it has ever helped anything along but DH appreciates it. Since as it was said before, baby screaming isn't going to make it easy. Plus DH will ship out with the Navy when the baby is 5 months old so gotta get as much in as we can.

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

#84 of 110 Old 01-03-2010, 05:04 PM

Speaking of DTD, I made my DH read a part in Spiritual midwifery that is a letter to the Husbands/ partners, and it talks about how to support and help your pregnant wife (like help with the kids, tie her shoes, etc) well it also has a part about how you are supposed to make your wife feel desired BUT to let HER initiate sex, lol.... well needless to say, we havent DTD since he read that... haha now I feel bad because I think he is waiting for me and I am waiting for him, lol.
#85 of 110 Old 01-03-2010, 06:18 PM

Have you tried my favorite pick up line...

"Hey baby...nice shoes...wanna f*ck?"

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
#86 of 110 Old 01-03-2010, 07:04 PM

I'd love to be able to DTD with my husband. Haven't been allowed to in two months. I haven't done 'anything' in two months...

Three more weeks until I can. Hopefully it won't hurt like a bitch like it did after my son...
#87 of 110 Old 01-03-2010, 07:38 PM - Thread Starter

How are your babies Zevy?
#88 of 110 Old 01-03-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jul511riv View Post
Have you tried my favorite pick up line...

"Hey baby...nice shoes...wanna f*ck?"
Buahahahaha

DTD has been ok lately. I miss the crazy wild fun we had during the second trimester. I do hope I recover this time like I did with DS2 because we were ok DTD 3 days after I had him (I know big no-no in most books )

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#89 of 110 Old 01-03-2010, 08:45 PM

I think DH picked up on how I was feeling. DTD last night, then again this morning and he was focused on all the right places. I do have to remind myself of the long absence of DTD, I remember being fairly frustrated last time. Very horny, but still too sore to do much about it.

Jul - you have inspired me to start feeding my freezer. I've been trying to make extras of what ever I'm already making. Bean soup and humus, so far. I'm focusing on bean dishes since I can't eat meat or much soy/dairy. I'll ask MIL, mom, and friends to make fresh foods for me.

I talked to my boss (mom) about taking work off, and now I have the month of Jan completely off!! January really snuck up on me. I'll go back to work a little in Feb, while mom is gone for 3 wks, as long as baby doesn't show up early.

One son , 3 years old. One husband, nine years of love. Expecting A Girl Feb 25, 2010
#90 of 110 Old 01-03-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post
Buahahahaha

DTD has been ok lately. I miss the crazy wild fun we had during the second trimester. I do hope I recover this time like I did with DS2 because we were ok DTD 3 days after I had him (I know big no-no in most books )
Wow I'm impressed - I've bled for at least a week after having the baby (with my first it was the entire 6 weeks!). Not to mention that things were rather, umm, tender down there for a while.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page