Weekly Chat thread Dec 28- Jan 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-28-2009, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hello! Another week
For me- my baby is so very much more active than ever before. It is really fun and slightly intense to feel the baby move this much. I saw a fairly loud dance performance last night and the baby was moving around in a big way the whole time, maybe responding to the music.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2009, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Katie- that's funny, I'm sure the babe was reacting to the music! I went to 4 Dave Matthews concerts while prego with my first and he moved around all through out it! He's been to one Dave concert outside of the womb and asks for Dave music all the time..it's awesome!

Christmas went well here, except that it was super super busy..we wont't do that again!! And I got really really swollen!! Need to get back on my 3 teas a day and small meals in between! I feel so much better when I'm doing that! I haven't even started getting ready for this baby yet. I pulled out the bins of clothing, but that's it!! My hubby and I are going away for a night for our last big hurrah before the baby comes and then my birthday is next week and THEN I think I'll start really getting ready...

Passionate homemaking wash.gif dishes.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifmama to Christopher (11/07), Evan (2/10), and Wyatt due in July!! jumpers.gif  In love with my amazing husband <3

***4***8***12***16***stork-boy.gif***24***28***32***36***40**  Praying for a vbac.gif

Old 12-28-2009, 12:45 PM

Katie - that is so cool!! My little guy certainly reacts to loud music in the house, from the TV or just the car radio. And he loves it when big brother sings to him.

Christmas was crazy. Christmas Eve was totally laid back - I didn't have to lift a finger ('cause it wasn't at my house - ha!). But Christmas Day was. Well, DS got the drum set that he's been asking for and that's all he wanted to play with. So, DH, I and my BIL were opening his other gifts for us. Again, another year, and he got way too much!! I still don't think that my parents, IL's and other folks take in to account that his b-day is only 3 weeks after Christmas. Oh well. He loves it all.

But that night, I had a little wake up call that I need to slow it down majorly. I became extremely nauseated - all smells around me were making me want to hurl - which I never did - but I couldn't think straight. We were at DH's Aunt's house. I was looking a bit pale and greenish. So we went home, DS stayed and played w/ his cousins and my IL's brought him home later on. I took a long, hot bath when I got home and felt a lot better. I think it was a combo of having everyone at our house that morning, the prepping, the running around, and well, being almost 8 months preggers!!

Yesterday, DS and I went shopping for a little bit - used some of the gc's that I got, exchanged a couple of things and my ass laid on the couch for the rest of the day - I took two naps. I was this way with DS, though. Just tired all of the time - trying to relax as much as I can - before the baby arrives.

One happy mama to 1/06 , 3/10 , and married to my best friend
Old 12-28-2009, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Christmas was fun and crazy. I did a lot of traveling in the car and ended up with some swollen feet. I am sure the influx of sweets was not helpful either I really had fun with family but I am really starting to want alone time with DH before the baby comes. I can't believe I am already at 35 weeks! How did that happen? Technically, I could have a baby at home in two weeks! Honestly, that blows my mind and makes me want to have a lot more ready than I do right now. I mean I knew that I was pregnant and that results in a baby but last night I completely freaked out that I am going to go through labor and have a baby in a very VERY short time. DH was great and supportive and listened to everything so I feel a lot better but still a little scared/nervous. I am pretty much completely excited and looking forward to all of it, including labor, but there is a little part that is nervous because of the unknown factor.
Malachi is moving around a lot these days. It was weird because he was slowing down in movement and I thought there wasn't enough room for the big movements. Seems he stretched me out enough that now he can

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
Old 12-28-2009, 01:10 PM

I guess I can be grateful for our low-key holiday in that I'm not exhausted from it exactly, but I was feeling lonely and overwhelmed anyway. I thought I was getting another cold (I've had one every 6 weeks this pregnancy) but it passed. It was just overload and feeling emotional. My grandmother died on Christmas day. She'd had a stroke around Halloween and was in hospice, so it wasn't a huge surpise. Still, I felt just like getting in my bed after talking to my parents. It's a weird feeling to know she really is gone. I almost rethought our baby name, but honestly, I don't really like her name for a baby. I feel guilty about it but I don't know why. No one has made me feel like I should do this.

I finally washed the baby clothes and the little sheets for the moses basket yesterday. DD and DH helped me to hang them on the clothes airers to dry. That was sweet. DD1 is even more excited about her sister coming. I've been a little shocked by the babies already coming in our DDC. I thought I'd better get ready a little bit. Of course, if she came now the clothes would be too big!

DD1 would dance to music in utero, but this one not as much? She was kicking me a lot during the voice lesson I taught yesterday. Maybe she didn't like what she was hearing? Actually, I'm starting to really wonder about her positioning since last mw appt. she had some difficulty getting a strong heartbeat. She could just be turned the other direction? Still transverse, I think. I'll find out Thurs at my appt.

Maggie, American expat, mother to DD1 5/27/2007 and DD2 2/15/2010
Old 12-28-2009, 01:34 PM

Can you believe it is almost January?

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
Old 12-28-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleS View Post
Can you believe it is almost January?
I KNOW!!! I'm excited, nervous, anxious all rolled in to one! Need to get started on his room and put that behind me. DS's b-day is 3 weeks away - preparing for that as well.

One happy mama to 1/06 , 3/10 , and married to my best friend
Old 12-28-2009, 01:59 PM

Aside from a few odd and end groceries I want to stock up and some random cleaning, I'm ready. But then I have 32 days or less to go now...

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
Old 12-28-2009, 02:37 PM

DH and I have been traveling for an entire week...total of 20 hours or so in the car just driving to three different states. I didn't know it would be so wearing on me, even though DH drove most of the time. The one day I tried to drive I got really dehydrated and was having BH every 10 minutes or so.

The little guy has been having hiccups 2-3 times a day now for about 5 minutes at a time. It's super cute and reassuring that everything seems to be going okay. I can't tell what position he's in right now. I'm really, really hoping head down. I think he prefers transverse but I've been getting lots of movement under my ribs this morning. Wednesday I have an ultrasound to check his growth and development since he has a single umbilical artery. I think that everything is going to look okay but sometimes I get really freaked about it.

I have got to start putting the nursery together. I have most of the pieces but it's all just thrown into the room. Plus I have a few projects I need to finish (sewing a waterproof mattress cover and painting some canvases). Today the goal is to get all his clothes and cloth diapers in the proper drawers and on the shelves.

Kristen married to DH Brad, mama to Isaiah Abraham (born on Valentine's Day 2010) and expecting a new little one in February 2012!

Old 12-28-2009, 02:42 PM

UGH, I am so frustrated. I have NO nursing bras or tanks so I get on Amazon and order some... turns out I shipped them to my husband's old APO address in IRAQ!!!!! GAH! That's 60 dollars down the drain. I really hope that Amazon refunds the money but they said they can't until the shipper ships it back. So I really hope that happens and some soldier doesn't steal my bras!

Lauren

Mommy to one champagne.gif
Old 12-28-2009, 02:57 PM

I got a mental picture of a group of soldiers dancing around with bras over their uniforms.

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

Old 12-28-2009, 05:10 PM

(Lauren: Oh my gosh!!!)

Julianna Update: Maybe we will take her home WEDNESDAY (day 11)! We started working on exclusively breastfeeding or cup-feeding yesterday, and she STILL gained weight! I was such a wreck yesterday, trying so hard to make sure she took in enough breastmilk to make up for her increased 'exercise' (nursing). She's been gaining steadily for three days, and I was terrified that beginning to exclusively nurse would cause a dip in her weight and a longer hospital stay. I had a [silent] crying fit in the NICU last night when Julianna woke and looked hungry (rooting) and the nurse wouldn't let me pick her up to nurse her because it wasn't the scheduled time. I was on three hours of sleep yesterday and really wanted to take all the babies out and burn down the building. Or steal a package of diapers or something. Something to vent my frustration! But just cried instead, which was good enough.

By the way, I think crying in the NICU gets you better treatment. I have to say, I actually do recommend it.

...So I did something that was against the rules today and am waiting to see if I'll get called on it. I brought in some of my [previously frozen] milk from home (not allowed) to help me catch up with my pumping so Julianna won't get any more formula when I'm not here to nurse her. The pumping room is unsupervised, and there's no actual milk bank in the hospital so they don't do checks on it -- just store it and send measured amounts to the nursery. Only part I'm not sure about is... that milk had a lot of colostrum in it, so was very yellow... *biting nails*

They finally pulled Julianna's IV out of her arm today. She has bruises on the backs of both hands from the time they tried to reinstall it last week after she pulled it out (and bled).

And later this evening, they will take out her gastric tube, since we are not using it anymore. YAY for getting to see her whole face again!

We've been unbelievably lucky. The entire hospital stay so far has been nothing but precautions. She's had NO issues. A tiny bit of jaundice for a few days, probably because of the formula feedings while waiting for my milk to come in. Otherwise, she poops, pees, sucks, swallows, breathes, stays warm, gains weight, cries, everything. She's complete--just small and sleepy!

We are so lucky and so so so grateful.

Too bad we are self-pay for the hospital and doctors... Good-bye, new household furniture that we almost bought the week before Julianna was born!!

Oh! Conversationally: There is a [very] pregnant woman visiting and pumping for a newborn in the semi-intensive care nursery this week--where only parents are allowed. ....What?? How is she still pregnant? What is her relationship to the baby? Theories?

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
Old 12-28-2009, 05:43 PM

aramat - I'm so happy to read all your positive updates!

I agree, the baby is so much more active in the past week! I could watch my belly move all day!

I got a new camera for christmas (YAY!) so I posted some nursery pictures. Maybe I will post a belly picture after DH gets home.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:06 PM

aramat, so glad things are going so well! But self-pay!!! Wow...I can't imagine the bills I would get if we weren't insured...

I'm doing ok. Still on pain meds. But less of them. I'm actually feeling a bit sick today: some GI thing going on. Dunno.

Had a nice Christmas, although we don't celebrate it. But a nice part of the weekend: they lifted the flu ban in the NICU so I could bring my son in to meet his sisters. He was...not impressed. He was more interested in all the lights and the buttons he could press. But he's almost 2: I wouldn't expect otherwise.

Girls are doing well. I'm now moving onto nutritive sucking with them at least once a day. So I get to put them to breast for about 20 minutes or so and see how they do...after which they'll get fortified breastmilk through the NG tube. Depending on how they do, we can move onto full feedings for some of them, but they will always need the fortified stuff so they will have some feeds on bottles, unfortunately. I chatted with the LC today and she said I can try EBF once the pediatrician gives the ok and the girls weigh enough and are gaining appropriately. But all preemies go home with bottles so you can add calories to the breastmilk. I'm fine with that: I did both bottles and BF with my son...made my life a bit easier: my husband could do a few midnight feedings or give me a break during the day. And I'll be going back to work eventually anyway, so they'll need to be used to bottles.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:58 PM

Go babies! It's great to hear the babies are all doing well. On the brother being more impressed with the lights and buttons- I can totally imagine that. How funny!

Do you think the soldiers would open the bra package? Aren't you like not supposed to open other people's mail because it's like illegal or something? I've always been really fearful of opening other people's mail. I hope they just return to sender!

I'm freaking out that I have a stone blocking my urine at this point. I'm drinking and drinking and barely peeing. Please please do NOT let this be another kidney stone!! Cranberry pills are (I think) helping me. DH is being great and made and cleaned up dinner and is now putting DD to bed. Bless him.

Maggie, American expat, mother to DD1 5/27/2007 and DD2 2/15/2010
Old 12-28-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramat View Post

Oh! Conversationally: There is a [very] pregnant woman visiting and pumping for a newborn in the semi-intensive care nursery this week--where only parents are allowed. ....What?? How is she still pregnant? What is her relationship to the baby? Theories?
OMG!!! Yay Tamara! Wonderful wonderful wonderful.

Now as for Ms. Preggo...maybe she actually isn't pg...but just gave birth to her baby and still looks super duper pg. I "looked" VERY pg for a good few weeks after I gave birth to dd. You could always ask her...strike up some conversation...even in Portuguese.

Well ladies, I passed my Hebrew exams today. It's a long story, but basically I had to take some exams to demonstrate that I was at a second year college level of reading, writing and speaking Hebrew. Well, it seems that I am totally proficient in a 3rd year level in all things, EXCEPT my grammar. Oh well. The tester said that I was ALMOST proficient in 3rd year level Hebrew grammar...that it was really close. At any rate, I didn't realize that I was so capibable...until I had to talk for 45 min in Hebrew to tell a story and write an essay and read articles and answer questions. It was hard. And I never EVER want to do that again, Please G-d.

I sorted through the baby clothes today. Got a bit teary eyed while packing up all the girls clothes. I wonder if I will ever have a little girl again. I know that it will all work out just perfectly, but still, there is that part of me that really wanted a little girl.

Then again, I WAS pg a month and a half before this one and I was CERTAIN that that baby was a girl, so I think that this is just very deep for me on a psychic level.

But, onwards and upwards, I guess.

So, sorted through clothes. We have tons, B"H from the other two kids. All of them were either gifts or donations. It's amazing. We were SO poor with the other two. Now we aren't as poor as we were (as in, we don't have to worry about where our next meal is coming from or where we are going to live) but it's still such a miracle to think that we have all that we need. I even bought 3 new cloth diapers and some of Amaz Padz (www.amazpadz.com), which are SO beautiful. I just love her work. So I'm all ready for post partum.

I've been a little bit...er...a LOT sad lately. My due date from the loss baby was recently and I'm processing that a lot.

Also, my mw cancled our last apt because she has the flu. I was REALLY looking forward to seeing her.

Still lots I need to do. Got to get a letter from a doctor. Got to get everything ready for post birth (registering baby from homebirth, having doctors come by, getting passports from both governements, etc...)

I could be WAY more organized than I am...but heck, I'm homeschooling two little ones all day.

Oh! And I taught dd to wash the dishes (non breakables) so I'm really excited about that. She's really good. And she felt really proud of herself doing it. I don't know why I waited so long to teach her.

So much to do...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
Old 12-28-2009, 11:39 PM

Hello, ladies! Glad to hear all babes in utero are dancing it up.

Zevy and aramat--great BF updates!

I ordered a crib and mattress yesterday. We're side-carring. Hopefully it will get here before the kid does, or he has to squeeze into the full bed with us!

I also sewed a couple of fitted CDs and doublers. I hadn't really ever used a sewing machine (other than 1 failed attempt a few years ago), so I'm shocked I actually pulled this off. They look pretty cute, so I'm going to try and get a bunch done in the next few weeks.

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
Old 12-29-2009, 12:20 AM

Busymama77, I feel your pain about the presents! When is your son's birthday? My little boy's is January 18, I can't believe we already have to brace for another influx of presents!

We had a great Christmas - huge amounts of family were there! I don't know if we've ever had the family that complete before. It was nice, and there was a minimum of fighting. We even started to recover from our colds by Christmas day!

I have a foot or an elbow or something sticking out of the topside of my belly almost constantly. The spot is starting to get sore because I keep rubbing it all the time.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:58 AM - Thread Starter

wow! The movements of my baby are getting so strong. I love it. I feel this weird need to share it with people when it happens- mostly my husband or my mom who I am currently visiting. Like- wow- feel that! I am almost 32 weeks and the movements are so powerful- I feel so much life from this baby now. I am trying to imagine what it will feel like as the pregnancy progresses- like, I still have 2 months to go! It must be wild if it gets even stronger than this!
Old 12-29-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jul511riv View Post
I've been a little bit...er...a LOT sad lately. My due date from the loss baby was recently and I'm processing that a lot.
((Hugs for you, sweetie.))

---

Well, I KNEW it... Breastfeeding is too much work for this little one so soon. She gained 55g the first day, when I was skipping nursing sessions so they would have to give her a cup sometimes. But yesterday I breastfed for 5 of her 8 feedings, and she lost 60g.

And I think they threw away my colostrum-y milk that I tried to sneak in from home, because when I came in this morning, she was fussy and burping a lot -- like she'd been given formula.

Sad Mommy... I am afraid to ask if there is still a chance she could come home tomorrow. I don't want to hear the 'no' yet.

Whyyyy did I agree to go straight to breastfeeding? It's clearly easier for her to drink the breastmilk from a cup right now! Argh, stupid!!

(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
Old 12-29-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:

Whyyyy did I agree to go straight to breastfeeding? It's clearly easier for her to drink the breastmilk from a cup right now! Argh, stupid!!
So sorry. Would using an SNS tube help? Get her used to the idea of being at the breast, but allow her to get more nutrition per suck?

Old 12-29-2009, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Oh aramat you are doing great, don't get mad at yourself! I am sure this must be really hard to go through. Hopefully things will even out for the weight gain soon. You are just learning as you go.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:59 AM

Tamara,

Stop beating yourself up, honey! This isn't the pop quiz that it feels like. It's a great big journey. you live. You learn. If you think there is a better way, well then advocate for it. Try and get your dh on your side. If he's not there then try and get a nurse or doctor on your side. You just wanted to get your baby out of there fast and were trying to not make waves. Okay. So if that's not working, then make waves. Make so many waves that they will practically THROW you both out!

One day at a time. It's a journey. It's a process.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
Old 12-29-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleS View Post
So sorry. Would using an SNS tube help? Get her used to the idea of being at the breast, but allow her to get more nutrition per suck?
Do they not do the tube supplementation in the NICU? Seems they should.
Here is some video of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezGIkIkhC_o

Chai, DS (3/05) and DS (2/10)
Old 12-29-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chai View Post
Do they not do the tube supplementation in the NICU? Seems they should.
Here is some video of it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezGIkIkhC_o
She breastfeeds very well, but I encouraged her to nurse for too long each session yesterday (almost an hour). The thing is just that she needs to conserve her energy for growing. So today I am nursing her on a time-limit and then giving her a cup of expressed breastmilk afterward. This is much, much faster (less than half an hour) -- and if I'd allowed myself to follow my instincts, it's what I would have tried first, before trying to exclusively breastfeed. (Everything I've read said that preemies lose weight when they first start nursing!) So we'll find out her weight in the morning and see if it worked!

I still haven't had the guts to ask if Julianna might still be able to go home tomorrow if she gains today. But, they have continued with the standard going-home preparations -- 'teaching' me how to do stuff for the baby. Which is kind-of funny to me, because this is my third kid... I'm pretty sure there is nothing different about the bathing or diaper-changing!

Just doing a lot of cuddling and pumping and water-drinking and finger-crossing today. Thanks for the support, mamas!!

(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
Old 12-29-2009, 05:01 PM

Tamara- I think you are doing a great job through all of this and I admire your strength.

Katie- about the movement thing, from my personal experience movement tends to decrease the closer you get to the end of pregnancy. Like, you should still feel the baby a lot of course but the movements will change because the baby is more cramped. I am 35 weeks (measuring 37weeks) and I am feeling lots of movement still but they are more rolling and squirming Vs. big thumps and kicks.

Although the baby always jumps whenever I fart....

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

Old 12-29-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMum View Post
Although the baby always jumps whenever I fart....

Had a mw appointment today, everything is pretty normal and standard. Measuring 2 weeks ahead (36 weeks). Baby is head down (yay!) but they think his back is against my back (boo!). No big deal, I'll just add some more cat-cow stretches a few times a day.

I was having seriously bad heartburn and then a new fun symptom, sciatica, so I went to the chiro yesterday. It was like MAGIC! Anyone suffering from heartburn, go to the chiro. I know it sounds weird, and when my friend told me it helped her with heartburn, I thought, "seriously?! with HEARTBURN?!" but it really and truly did WONDERS for mine. The sciatica was still sore yesterday but today it's tons better. I think I'm going to go again later this week (DS and I are going out of town next week, so I want to "stock up" on the benefits!).

Sleeping is definitely becoming difficult. My shoulders, hips, and neck are sore every time I wake up from being exclusively on my sides. And my pubic bone aches even though I sleep with a pillow between my legs.

Yeah, I'm ready to have this baby. I forgot how tiring and achy the last few weeks of pregnancy are. :P

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
Old 12-30-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
She breastfeeds very well, but I encouraged her to nurse for too long each session yesterday (almost an hour). The thing is just that she needs to conserve her energy for growing. So today I am nursing her on a time-limit and then giving her a cup of expressed breastmilk afterward. This is much, much faster (less than half an hour) -- and if I'd allowed myself to follow my instincts, it's what I would have tried first, before trying to exclusively breastfeed. (Everything I've read said that preemies lose weight when they first start nursing!) So we'll find out her weight in the morning and see if it worked!

I still haven't had the guts to ask if Julianna might still be able to go home tomorrow if she gains today. But, they have continued with the standard going-home preparations -- 'teaching' me how to do stuff for the baby. Which is kind-of funny to me, because this is my third kid... I'm pretty sure there is nothing different about the bathing or diaper-changing!

Just doing a lot of cuddling and pumping and water-drinking and finger-crossing today. Thanks for the support, mamas!!
Hang in there! You are doing fantastic. Preemies are definitely different from full term, but from everything you have said, J is just a champ--and so are you. It can be so easy to feel discouraged and out of control, etc, but just know that you really are doing the best you can, and every single cuddle and exposure you have with her is just building those neural pathways for her to get more and more connected to you.

I am not sure if Brazil has similar policies, but did they do any sort of car seat check? Prior to Miles being released, we had to put him in the carseat while they monitored his heart rate to see if he could tolerate it. That, the hearing test and the circ (yup, I am one of THOSE mommies...sorry) were the indications that the neonatologist told us would signal his homecoming within 24 hours.

Also, have you checked out any of the videos/resources at the stanford website? This, and kellymom.com were my go to sites with a preemie. http://newborns.stanford.edu/Breastfeeding/PMGs.html

Keep us posted Mama!!

Ali: Proud mother to Miles 05.16.08 and boy #2Felix 01.04.2010.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:38 PM

does anyone have any thoughts on a breast pump? I just got my new medical insurance benefits booklet and durable medical equipment now specifically exempts breast pumps. I had been planning on just getting a pump at the hospital (probably the Medela pump in style) because insurance would have paid for it (I had checked with them a couple of months ago, and know that as recently as last month a co-worker used this benefit). But now... that doesn't look like it will work out.

Any thoughts on the Purely Yours or Lanisoh one? They seem to get good reviews too and are A LOT less expensive than the Medela.

I will return to work mostly full time and will pump at work. I will be able to breastfeed directly a little (on site daycare) but will still be using a pump the majority of the time at work.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:48 PM

I have heard from the hospital breastpump rental people that Medela and Ameda are the best ones. I have a Medela but it crapped out a couple times in the first year I used it. Luckily DH was able to fix it because I sure as heck can't afford another one. I have been interested in the Avent brand pumps so I guess if I HAD to get another one I think I would try Avent. I have heard great things about them. I think the trick to getting my Medela one to work well for me is getting the right size horns.

User Tag List