Feeling like the baby has grown a ton!? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-05-2010, 01:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just noticed this today that I'm feeling him ALL over my belly now - every inch, every corner - like he's already had a huge growth spurt inside my belly in the last two days!! My belly is just so - solid, I guess you could say.
My next check up isn't until next Wednesday and our last U/S isn't scheduled until I'm 37-38 weeks, to see how much he weighs, if I haven't popped by then!

Anyone else feeling this way?

One happy mama to 1/06 , 3/10 , and married to my best friend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2010, 01:19 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Yes! I am. All of a sudden today it feels to me that my baby is much bigger and taking up more space inside of me. And I feel like I am waddling as of today! It feels really different than yesterday- I was just noticing this before I read your post.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:39 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I was just thinking about this more. And I realized that as of today (32 weeks +5 days) it feels like I have shifted into a different phase of the pregnancy. For example, I am having some rooms painted in my house right now. And all of a sudden I just really want to get it done ( I just have to find the right color which is challenging and then it can be done in 2 or 3 days) and have everything settled in my house and just sit in calmness.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:48 AM

All I can say is yeah. I kept saying "he feels like an 8 pound bowling ball". I guess mothers intuition does exist because today at my U/S to see how much he weighs, he's at 8lbs 9oz.

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

Old 01-05-2010, 01:48 AM

Yup. And now when I sit down, my belly is resting on my thighs. It's an odd feeling... I keep thinking "my skin can't stretch any more" but apparently it can..

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
Old 01-05-2010, 11:31 AM

Yes!! Huge growth spurt here too! I used to just feel his back mostly on my right side, but now I'm feeling him all over my belly

Passionate homemaking wash.gif dishes.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifmama to Christopher (11/07), Evan (2/10), and Wyatt due in July!! jumpers.gif  In love with my amazing husband <3

***4***8***12***16***stork-boy.gif***24***28***32***36***40**  Praying for a vbac.gif

Old 01-05-2010, 12:18 PM

I've been feeling that way, but not sure how much is actually because the baby is big or just because mentally I'm so ready to be done at this point! I actually have a sizing u/s this afternoon, so am interested to see how big he is. DS was between 7.5 and 8 pounds at this point (9 pounds when he was born 2 weeks later at 38 weeks) but my OB doesn't think that this guy is quite that big - I guess we'll see!

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
Old 01-05-2010, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
I was just thinking about this more. And I realized that as of today (32 weeks +5 days) it feels like I have shifted into a different phase of the pregnancy. For example, I am having some rooms painted in my house right now. And all of a sudden I just really want to get it done ( I just have to find the right color which is challenging and then it can be done in 2 or 3 days) and have everything settled in my house and just sit in calmness.
I hear ya and it's called "nesting". It's totally hit me like a semi - especially last weekend and this weekend we're going to clean the carpet in the baby's room, get the bed and changing table all set up, pictures and art work hung, etc., etc., Then I'll be able to put his clothes away and really have things set up. It's such a great feeling once it's completed.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:10 PM

Yep, here, too. I noticed this about two weeks ago (I'm 35 weeks tomorrow). My baby feels like a *real* baby, just under my belly skin! His body parts feel BIG, like newborn sized, and my belly finally looks really pregnant.

The worst for me is that he's also pressing on my stomach a lot, causing reflux.

I also can't tell you how happy I am to have made it to 35 weeks... at some point I had an irrational fear of preterm labor. Only one more week until I'm eligible for a home birth!

Chai, DS (3/05) and DS (2/10)
Old 01-05-2010, 10:49 PM

The baby filled up my belly several weeks ago, but my belly still seems to be growing faster and faster. Amazing!

Loving my girl since Feb 2010! vax!
Old 01-06-2010, 07:20 PM

Yes I know what you mean, I don't get an u/s for a few more weeks (I am 33weeks today) but I feel him all over, when he kicks (I assume he is in head down position) he kicks me real high and sometimes his movements are all over very strong! But I also now I have reflux especially in the morning UGH

Mom to 5 little angels in Texas and expecting another blessing in Summer 2012!!:

Old 01-06-2010, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlumofUF View Post
Yes I know what you mean, I don't get an u/s for a few more weeks (I am 33weeks today) but I feel him all over, when he kicks (I assume he is in head down position) he kicks me real high and sometimes his movements are all over very strong! But I also now I have reflux especially in the morning UGH
Ugh, the reflux. My has been horrible at night. I have to take something nearly every night before I go to bed or I get zero sleep! Really makes me think that this little guy is gonna have a lot of hair. I didn't get the reflux this bad with DS and he had a little bit of hair when he was born....

Old 01-07-2010, 12:22 AM

Waving hand here, too.

The kicks are all over; knees and elbows are poking through my skin. I am 34.5 weeks and am feeling like this just this week. Baby seems to be awake and active much more just these past few days. In fact, I pulled out baby stuff to start washing it today because I realized that there is not much more time and I better do it while I still can keep my mind on it. I also made a list of things that I'd like to accomplish before due date. I am trying to get as much of it done that NEEDS to be done ASAP. Then, I can relax and knit in Feb. while just waiting.

: : ::
Old 01-07-2010, 12:32 AM

Well, I guess for me at least my feelings are correct. U/S yesterday said baby is over 7 lbs. now and measuring in the 90th percentile. Everything was measuring about 2 weeks ahead on him, so I've basically got a full term baby cooking in there!

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
Old 01-07-2010, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
oh yeah! it is SOOOO hard to switch positions in bed....a few weeks ago I was telling my son i need a bulldozer to roll me over....but now ... I can feel how heavy the baby is laying on one side and then when I try to roll over, I can feel that I am lifting the baby up w/ my stomach muscles and slowly inching my self to the other side, and then a little drop in the stomach as baby repositions on other side. what an effort. and sleeping propped up doesnt work as there is pressure on my lungs and its hard to breath.

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
Old 01-07-2010, 04:57 PM

Yup. Just in the last couple of weeks he got bigger really suddenly. He's been dropped into my pelvis for a while, but he's dropped a little lower and engaged more. At last check (I do my own), his head is no longer balotable (I think that's how you spell it....). He's gotten a lot bigger, and my belly has gotten a lot longer, as in straight out.

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

Old 01-07-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymama77 View Post
Ugh, the reflux. My has been horrible at night. I have to take something nearly every night before I go to bed or I get zero sleep! Really makes me think that this little guy is gonna have a lot of hair. I didn't get the reflux this bad with DS and he had a little bit of hair when he was born....
I forgot about the hair, yes I don't remember having reflux this bad either with my other ones, literally wakes me up in the morning......

Mom to 5 little angels in Texas and expecting another blessing in Summer 2012!!:

Old 01-07-2010, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleS View Post
Well, I guess for me at least my feelings are correct. U/S yesterday said baby is over 7 lbs. now and measuring in the 90th percentile. Everything was measuring about 2 weeks ahead on him, so I've basically got a full term baby cooking in there!

Old 01-07-2010, 11:50 PM

Oh, and I wish the heartburn = hair theory was true for me. I've had the worst heartburn with all of my pregnancies - and all three of my kids so far have nothing more than peach fuzz until their first birthday...

Old 01-10-2010, 01:11 PM

OMG!! I am all belly and it is BIG. I have been getting my house ready for my homebirth and get extreme l made when the kids are messy. My mantra has been I can't birth in a mess

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 

User Tag List