Listen to me whine! *Official Whine Thread* - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 71 Old 02-03-2010, 08:25 AM
 
jul511riv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Israel
Posts: 2,555
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadassah View Post
I am just ready.....as the days tick by I battle my fears of a huge baby and a hard birth. I am tired of the timed contractions that last a few hours and then stop. I will be 39 weeks tomorrow and I every day for the past week and a half I have thought that day was IT......sigh. My hips are just so sore and it's RELLY hard getting up in the middle of the night-all night.

come on baby......I'm ready.
Hadassah,

big baby NOT problem. Positioning is key....well positioned baby makes for easy and gentle birth. Speaking from experience on this one just a few days old. My biggest baby yet, almost a full pound bigger than my biggest...pushed him out in 3 min, once he engaged.

Hang in there.

It IS better once the labor and "delivery" is over. But, afterbirth pains, etc... (read: hemmoroids) can be almost worse. So can blisters on your nipples. The consolation is that you have a baby beside you...and that is a pretty damn great thing to have.

I still haven't been able to sit. Tried to push in some hemmoroids in the shower this morning. Hurt so bad I started shaking and saw all black and almost passed out...dh came to my rescue. The upside is that a few of them stayed in and those feel MUCH better. The down side is that a few (my most painful) came right back out, so I'm gonna have to do all this again tomorrow...or sooner if I can manage the pain. Began taking my first pain killing medication of the entire birth this morning...ekamoll, the Israeli equilivant of tylonol. I wish I had some good valerian tincture...my herb just must be bad. Arnica is not helping at all. Tramaiel cream not helping. Motherwort and skullcap tincture not doing much. No choice.

 http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
jul511riv is offline  
#62 of 71 Old 02-03-2010, 11:54 AM
 
busymama77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiLeigh View Post
Me too me too! Got booted from my house yesterday due to a chemical spill in my area with noxious fumes. Came home last night and the house still smelled awful, phoned our local non-emergency number and they said the chemicals involved in the spill "still hadn't been identified" so she couldn't tell me whether they were safe to breathe or not, and could not advise me on whether or not to stay home. So of course we felt like the right thing to do was leave, so we spent the night at my parents' house a couple towns away (handy for my Mom, since I have her car anyway, mine having been rendered temporarily un-driveable in a hit-and-run on Saturday!!). This morning I called my local firehouse, feeling they must know more than the generic call-center people, but basically they said that the spill was at a factory nearby and that they don't know exactly which chemicals leaked, or what their properties were once mixed together. UGH!!! But we're back here tonight, and the smell is now very light after leaving the windows open for two days (in freezing cold) and flushing all the drains. But now I've wasted a whole day in getting my car fixed, because I couldn't make an appointment for them to come pick it up until I knew when I was coming back home.
Gosh, what a frustrating thing to go through - pregnant or not! I can't believe they couldn't give you any concrete answers!!

One happy mama to 1/06 , 3/10 , and married to my best friend
busymama77 is offline  
#63 of 71 Old 02-03-2010, 11:55 AM
 
busymama77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by punquin View Post
I guess this is a good place to say I am so sick and miserable from the cold DH gave me. He is upstairs sleeping and I had to give up and come down to the couch. Waiting for my tea to steep. I just want to remove my entire head.
Aw, no fun, mama. Hope your cold goes away quickly!

One happy mama to 1/06 , 3/10 , and married to my best friend
busymama77 is offline  
#64 of 71 Old 02-03-2010, 03:46 PM
 
SheBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: A bit of Dixie in the Midwest!
Posts: 2,846
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sheesh, i need to whine, too! had a decent prenatal appt last night (baby is definitely head-down now, and I really think he's gonna stay that way!) except that she tested my hgb and it is low--9.7 Now, I know that can be a problem, but I think she's freaking a bit, to be honest.

My hgb has always been right about 10, maybe a teensy bit above, at the end of pregnancy. I've NEVER had issues with bleeding--actually, my other mw's have been quite impressed with how little I bleed and how quickly I've always recovered from childbirth. I'm feeling pretty good, and I just don't feel a great deal of concern about it. I'm going to pay close attention to diet/supplements and try to bring it up of course, but the midwife was pretty much saying if it stays where it is, then it means immediate pitocin shot after the baby's born, and rectal cytotec as soon as the placenta is delivered. And she said that if it goes further down, even slightly, then "we need to rethink staying at home." It just feels like she's over-reacting, which I can't figure out...

I'm not opposed to using pitocin or even cytotec after the birth if there's truly a hemorrhage risk, but her tone yesterday was panicked and reactionary, not evidence-based, which she always has been up until now. Not surprisingly, my bp was a bit higher than it has been...not as bad as the last appt, when we thought we heard 2 heartbeats but higher than my norm.

So as if all that annoyance wasn't enough, my 2 yo vomited at 1am. And at 2am. And at 3:15, 4:20, 5:00....then dh took over (grudgingly and after an exchange of heated words ) and let me sleep until 9am...he said she vomited several more times.

So imagine my delight when I come downstairs at 9 and find her sitting happily in my chair with a sippy cup full of water--I figured she must be feeling better, or he surely wouldn't have just been allowing her to guzzle all the water she wanted, right? Wrong. as soon as I sat down and pulled her onto my lap, I got about a quart of regurgitated water and stomach acid right down my front. Dh's explanation--"well, she was thirsty!"

So then he left (he'd taken the day off because being up all night) to get some groceries and take the boys for haircuts, and on the way home--just as a surprise, trying to make things easier--he stops at burger king and gets burgers and fries for lunch. Because obviously burgers and fries are a great choice on a sick stomach! And toddlers are well-known for their ability to logically understand/reason when you tell them they can't have the burgers and fries everyone else is eating, because it will make their tummy hurt more.

And what does an angry, distraught toddler do when she has a sick tummy and is denied a burger?? Why, she cries and screams until she vomits, of course!! Hooray!

Sigh. It would just be an AWESOME day to go into labor! Bring it on, Murphy!

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~
SheBear is offline  
#65 of 71 Old 02-05-2010, 03:40 AM
 
hadassah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 414
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jul511riv View Post
Hadassah,

big baby NOT problem. Positioning is key....well positioned baby makes for easy and gentle birth. Speaking from experience on this one just a few days old. My biggest baby yet, almost a full pound bigger than my biggest...pushed him out in 3 min, once he engaged.

Hang in there.

It IS better once the labor and "delivery" is over. But, afterbirth pains, etc... (read: hemmoroids) can be almost worse. So can blisters on your nipples. The consolation is that you have a baby beside you...and that is a pretty damn great thing to have.

I still haven't been able to sit. Tried to push in some hemmoroids in the shower this morning. Hurt so bad I started shaking and saw all black and almost passed out...dh came to my rescue. The upside is that a few of them stayed in and those feel MUCH better. The down side is that a few (my most painful) came right back out, so I'm gonna have to do all this again tomorrow...or sooner if I can manage the pain. Began taking my first pain killing medication of the entire birth this morning...ekamoll, the Israeli equilivant of tylonol. I wish I had some good valerian tincture...my herb just must be bad. Arnica is not helping at all. Tramaiel cream not helping. Motherwort and skullcap tincture not doing much. No choice.
Thanks so much for pointing this out because you are so right about positioning. I remember with my second (9lbs) he was posterior until just min before he came right out.....I remember him turning (it hurt like a mother!) and then all of a sudden I was able to push him out! It's good for me to remember this. This baby has and is Anterior which is great.

So what causes hemmoriods? I have never had em' and REALLY don't ever want them, it sounds so painful-are you doing any better?
hadassah is offline  
#66 of 71 Old 02-05-2010, 06:12 PM
 
Snapdragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,627
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
ugh- heartburn!
And still some shortness of breath.
Baby's head may be somewhat lower but the rest of the body is still squishing me pretty high up.
Snapdragon is offline  
#67 of 71 Old 02-06-2010, 04:05 PM
 
jul511riv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Israel
Posts: 2,555
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadassah View Post
Thanks so much for pointing this out because you are so right about positioning. I remember with my second (9lbs) he was posterior until just min before he came right out.....I remember him turning (it hurt like a mother!) and then all of a sudden I was able to push him out! It's good for me to remember this. This baby has and is Anterior which is great.

So what causes hemmoriods? I have never had em' and REALLY don't ever want them, it sounds so painful-are you doing any better?
very slowly I am regaining my strength and my hemmorids are becoming more managable, B"H!!! A neighbor went out and bought me tux pads (or their Israeli equilivant). I don't like having all the other chemicals against my butt all day, but whatever, it's helping a lot. That and St. John's Wort oil infusion. WIsh I could get other herbs...just can't get any now. Or plain witch hazel. Oh well.

Doing better. gtg.

 http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
jul511riv is offline  
#68 of 71 Old 02-06-2010, 04:28 PM
 
berrymama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: WI
Posts: 685
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need a good whine!
Today is my due date, I have been sick with a cold for the past week, which I thought was getting better, but have now been up the past 2 nights with it getting WORSE! Just got diagnosed with a sinus infection this morning and now have 2 weeks worth of antibiotics. I am so miserable with the sinus infection that I don't even notice I am 40 weeks pregnant, other than the fact that I really wish I could sleep reclining so I could breathe, but I don't want baby to turn posterior. And the reflux, yuck! I am probably the only one hoping baby stays inside for a few more days until I can get at least a few hours of sleep and breathe again. UGH!

knit.gifMarried to my best friend, mama to two boys (12/5/07, 2/12/10) and a sweet little girl (5/2/13).

berrymama is offline  
#69 of 71 Old 02-06-2010, 05:07 PM
 
HappiLeigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pemberley
Posts: 2,868
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ugh, Berrymama. Sorry you feel rotten, and hope it clears up before baby shows!

The good news at my house: my DD is no longer doubled over in stomach pain, crying. The bad news: I'm covered in her vomit.

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
HappiLeigh is offline  
#70 of 71 Old 02-07-2010, 01:29 AM
 
NicoleS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,618
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My incision still hurts...

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
NicoleS is offline  
#71 of 71 Old 02-07-2010, 01:42 AM
 
patronus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 317
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by berrymama View Post
I need a good whine!
Today is my due date, I have been sick with a cold for the past week, which I thought was getting better, but have now been up the past 2 nights with it getting WORSE! Just got diagnosed with a sinus infection this morning and now have 2 weeks worth of antibiotics. I am so miserable with the sinus infection that I don't even notice I am 40 weeks pregnant, other than the fact that I really wish I could sleep reclining so I could breathe, but I don't want baby to turn posterior. And the reflux, yuck! I am probably the only one hoping baby stays inside for a few more days until I can get at least a few hours of sleep and breathe again. UGH!
i feel your pain! reflux plus a sore throat is torture.
i'm on week two of a cold and it's finally moved into my chest. i hope it will be gone soon. between coughing (i pee a little when i cough really hard), a sore throat, a sinus headache, reflux, contractions that are uncomfortable but don't turn into anything and a baby who is out of room & who is pushing directly on my cervix, i'm not a happy camper.
i'm really hating how unhappy all these complaints are making me. i've felt really good the whole pregnancy and i want to enjoy the last days i've got my baby in my belly. instead, i'm wishing i would go into labor already and worrying about going over my due date and having to be induced. i'm 39+1 and i'm starting to get the daily calls & facebook messages hounding me about whether i have had the baby yet. "uh, yeah, i had the baby and told no one" duh.

ok, thanks for letting me get that off my chest. surprisingly, no one who calls to ask if i had the baby yet wants to hear that stuff.

Breastfeeding nerd. ttc #2!
patronus is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off