Interviewed ped's today :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-14-2010, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just got back from interviewing the ped that I got a recommendation for and I am so thrilled. Not only is the office a twenty minute walk from my home (a godsend as I don't have a car) the doctor is awesome! Totally covered by my insurance, didn't blink about my request not to vax. When I asked if it was possible to have teh PUK test don't via venipuncture instead of lancing, she said she'd just write it in the order to the lab, not a problem. So here I am feeling very, very lucky to have found possibly the most awesome ped's lady I could dream of having. Did I mention when I told her I was doing a UC, her only reaction was that she'd recommend coming in the office two days after birth for the first check up?

Now, that this is off my list I feel like there is something else I am forgetting...

Organic eating, cloth diapering, no vaxing, cosleeping, breastfeeding mean machine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2010, 09:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Awww that's so awesome!!

I'm going to switch peds after the baby is born, but I live in a different city than I'm delivering in, so I want to keep the ped in the other city so she has hospital rights in case anything goes wrong with this baby. I also know she'll give me the order for bili blankets and a lab order for a 2 day bilirubin prick so I'm going to stick with her.

I'm over her though because DS2 had a severe allergic reaction to amoxicillin when he was like 15 months old and she so didn't care, I had to take him to a Primary health type place

having a good relationship with an understanding ped will make life so much easier!!
Old 01-14-2010, 10:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good news! I was so relieved I didn't have to do that this time.

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:16 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
That's great! I put a call in to try to get in with this one for my baby. She is this awesome natropathic doc and she doesn't really take new patients cause she is full. But she occasionally lets one slip in. Many of my friends used her for their babies and kids cause they all had kids like 10 yrs ago when she was still open. I am hoping to be one of the ones who gets to slip in as a new patient for my baby.

User Tag List