Nesting, nesting and more nesting - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-18-2010, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tell me about your latest nesting stories! Yesterday, I was up and down two flights of stairs, bringing things up from the basement, storing toys and books away in baskets. Hanging a valance and pictures in the baby's room. Touching up paint from when we painted two weeks. Found a practically brand new mobile at Goodwill for $15 (it's the Rainforest line from a couple of years ago?) and put that together. Placing towels and washcloths in the linen closet for the baby. Stacking diapers in the diaper stacker. Washing, washing and washing clothes, socks, receiving blankets, etc., etc.

Whew! What a weekend. We're setting up the crib this weekend as well as the bedding. Cleaning the carpets and the upholstrey on the glider and ottoman.

My nesting has kicked in to HIGH gear!!

One happy mama to 1/06 , 3/10 , and married to my best friend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2010, 02:44 PM

I keep hoping the "nesting" instinct will kick in and I will want to clean my entire house or something. Instead I just keep hoping my mom and grandma will make good on their promise and come help one weekend.

BUT... I do get hung up on dumb organization type projects. I reorganized the guest room closet, my sewing table - things that are not really that necessary compared to deep cleaning the floors and bathrooms.

I also started a home improvement project - repairing some small cracks in the grout in our shower, it stalled for a week or so and then I made myself finish up yesterday. DH will have to seal it all later this week.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:46 PM

Me too. Yesterday I felt I HAD to clean the oven, the stove, all the cabinets, clean out the utensil drawers, wash laundry, vacuum and wash out the filters, wash the floors.... then my back couldn't take it anymore. I had to lie down with a hot water bottle and had trouble shifting in the night. My insane nesting brain, however, is still going nuts and telling me to clean and cook and bake. I'm alone with DD the next 2 weeks, so I'd better preserve myself so I don't go into labor or just turn into a mean mommy.

She wanted to lie down on a hot water bottle too and told me her baby was coming! She's only 2 1/2 and already having sympathetic labor pains.

Maggie, American expat, mother to DD1 5/27/2007 and DD2 2/15/2010
Old 01-18-2010, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow, that exhausted me, just reading it! Productive weekend for you busymama!

I had much more energy my first pregnancy. I was 36 at the time and I dont recall EVER feeling fatigued or de-energized. I was walking to work, with a hop and a skip, up until delivery day - a week past due date. Now I get exhausted just reading about other peoples productive days!

The nesting mode has kicked in with me too, in spurts. I have to recover after I do something! I cant organize the room quite yet as its not getting painted until tomorrow. Did lots of laundry though, up and downstairs. And went to a tile store in hopes of narrowing down bathroom options (my bathroom is gutted and I need to get that up and running in the next few weeks)

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
Old 01-18-2010, 03:06 PM

I just felt mine kick in yesterday too - cleaned and organized the linen closet and the basket where I keep all the baby medical type things (thermometer, nail clippers...) I also finished gathering all my homebirth supplies into one place! I'm 38 weeks now and wasn't early with my other boys but am hoping all the cleaning urges are meaning maybe this one will come sooner??? The only time I have ever gotten on my hands and knees and used a scrub brush on the bathroom floor was the night before my last babe was born....definitely a sign, lol!

Woohoo for getting things done!

: mama to 3 sweet boys, 10/21/03, 2/23/07 and 1/20/10
Old 01-18-2010, 03:12 PM

My nesting urge has slowed down a bit now, but I think that's because I have already done everything (decluttered the entire house, shed and garage, deep cleaned, washed baby stuff and diapers, purchased everything I need for the birth/baby... all that fun stuff). I went crazy for about 2 weeks and nested non-stop from the time I woke up until I went to bed.
I just have to make sure to keep up with the daily things.

I'm hoping to take these last 4+ weeks to rest besides my normal daily tasks. Though, I do want to shampoo our carpets one more time, but I might save that one for DH this weekend.

- Jen, Mama to DS1 (02.04.05) and DS2 (02.11.10) & baby #3 due in early January 2013

Old 01-18-2010, 04:27 PM

Two weeks ago I just HAD to get the nursery finished up so I was working non-stop putting everything together. Then last week I was just exhausted and I'm slowing down. I can't be up on my feet all day so I'm thankful that the nursery is mostly done and all I have left to do is wash the baby clothes and do some little knitting and sewing projects. Ugh...and get a new car seat. Bleh.

Kristen married to DH Brad, mama to Isaiah Abraham (born on Valentine's Day 2010) and expecting a new little one in February 2012!

Old 01-18-2010, 08:21 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I just bought my second round of awesome cozy new sheets and pillows and blankets and towels. Talk about nesting-I feel like I am literally building a nest of beauty and comfort right now.

Also, got a birthing tub ordered and most of my homebirth supplies.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:27 PM

I've been going a bit crazy the past week or so-and tiring out my poor DH.

Rearranged the entire bedroom, vacuuming and cleaning under & behind everything
Had DH caulk the entire bathtub
Cleaned out the spare bedroom (junk room)
Pulled everything out of the pantry, wiped it out, and replaced items in a more organized way
Finished sewing my NB stash!!!

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
Old 01-18-2010, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambystoma View Post
I've been going a bit crazy the past week or so-and tiring out my poor DH.

Rearranged the entire bedroom, vacuuming and cleaning under & behind everything
Had DH caulk the entire bathtub
Cleaned out the spare bedroom (junk room)
Pulled everything out of the pantry, wiped it out, and replaced items in a more organized way
Finished sewing my NB stash!!!
Wow - impressive, mama!!

Old 01-18-2010, 08:56 PM

My nesting and my desire to sell my house are just feeding off each other. Closets look like showpieces, the clutter table in the basement is clear, baby's clothes are clean and put away, and I sewed ridiculously cute tote bags to hang in the pantry to hold things like wrapping paper and reusable containers (a job previously done by old Target bags).

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiLeigh View Post
My nesting and my desire to sell my house are just feeding off each other. Closets look like showpieces, the clutter table in the basement is clear, baby's clothes are clean and put away, and I sewed ridiculously cute tote bags to hang in the pantry to hold things like wrapping paper and reusable containers (a job previously done by old Target bags).
Would love to see pics of the tote bags. Would you mind msging me a pic or two? Are you selling them?

Old 01-19-2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymama77 View Post
Would love to see pics of the tote bags. Would you mind msging me a pic or two? Are you selling them?
Sure, I'll show pictures. I don't sell stuff, though, although I occasionally think I should but am not motivated enough.

Here and here are the pantry totes. I sewed little plastic pockets on so I could change the labels if necessary.
This one I just ironed on a cute advertisement. It holds ziploc baggies, which we wash and reuse.
All these bags were made out of a sheet I bought at a thrift store for $1.50. I used the rest of the sheet to make DD a Valentine's Day dress, which she modeled for me today. (I ironed on clipart of a cherub.)
And these bags are hanging on my bathroom closet door, holding my cloth mama pads, my hair things, and our dirty cleaning rags waiting to go to the laundry. They are made out of the cover of a body pillow I bought but don't like. I used the pillow stuffing for something else.

So see, I went a little tote bag crazy!

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Sure, I'll show pictures. I don't sell stuff, though, although I occasionally think I should but am not motivated enough.

Here and here are the pantry totes. I sewed little plastic pockets on so I could change the labels if necessary.
This one I just ironed on a cute advertisement. It holds ziploc baggies, which we wash and reuse.
All these bags were made out of a sheet I bought at a thrift store for $1.50. I used the rest of the sheet to make DD a Valentine's Day dress, which she modeled for me today. (I ironed on clipart of a cherub.)
And these bags are hanging on my bathroom closet door, holding my cloth mama pads, my hair things, and our dirty cleaning rags waiting to go to the laundry. They are made out of the cover of a body pillow I bought but don't like. I used the pillow stuffing for something else.

Wow - thanks for sharing. Those are so great!! I've been biten by the sewing bug and am wanting to learn on a machine. You've given me a bit of inspiration on what I can make. I also would like to make receiving blankets and burp cloths for the baby. Maybe even sun hats one day. We'll see.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:53 AM

Quote:

You are talented! I loved looking at those!
Old 01-19-2010, 10:43 AM

Nesting...what is that?? I WISH I felt like nesting. Our place is a wreck and I hate cleaning as much as I always did. No food cooked, no clothes washed, nothing! Just 1 little dresser emptied out and the baby clothes put away there. I'm almost 37 weeks and starting to get a little scared about the baby being born with all this mess, I think I'm going to have to call someone to come and clean! I planned to this past weekend, but with all the pain in my hips and back, it just didn't happen...
Old 01-19-2010, 11:35 AM

So guess who was nesting yesterday??!!! My precious hubby!! It was awesome!

Passionate homemaking wash.gif dishes.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifmama to Christopher (11/07), Evan (2/10), and Wyatt due in July!! jumpers.gif  In love with my amazing husband <3

***4***8***12***16***stork-boy.gif***24***28***32***36***40**  Praying for a vbac.gif

Old 01-21-2010, 05:38 PM

does it count to want to do all these things but just can't?.....lol I have so much to do but I am sooo unconfortable that I can barely move around......baby is sooo heavy and I have pain in my underside belly whenever I walk......anyway I NEED to get some things done even if its a lil bit but having the energy to do it is a different thing....

Mom to 5 little angels in Texas and expecting another blessing in Summer 2012!!:

Old 01-21-2010, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabus View Post
So guess who was nesting yesterday??!!! My precious hubby!! It was awesome!
YAY!! That is so awesome!

Old 01-21-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabeen View Post
Nesting...what is that?? I WISH I felt like nesting. Our place is a wreck and I hate cleaning as much as I always did. No food cooked, no clothes washed, nothing! Just 1 little dresser emptied out and the baby clothes put away there. I'm almost 37 weeks and starting to get a little scared about the baby being born with all this mess, I think I'm going to have to call someone to come and clean! I planned to this past weekend, but with all the pain in my hips and back, it just didn't happen...

Awww! I feel ya! That's me. I wish that I felt like nesting. I have the major pelvic pain thing going on too and I just cannot seem to get going. I have my four girls at home with me and I am pretty much in tears by the time DH gets home. Hopefully soon we will get a surge of energy! I'll send you some nesting dust!!!

Leia...expecting our 5th girlie! 2-24-10

Leia
Homeschooling mommy to 5 girls with number 6 on the way! joy.gifhomeschool.gifbfinfant.gifgoorganic.jpg

User Tag List