Is anyone else feeling happy and excited?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 01-20-2010, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
As we all get really close to our births, I know lots of stuff comes up in all our lives. Relating to birth stuff, or getting stuff done, or relationship issues or feeling overwhelmed or whatever.

But is anyone else here just feeling super happy and excited these days? I think I am
This is my first baby so I am coming from a place of not having other kids to care for yet while I am pregnant. And just lots of good stuff. But ingeneral, having this big baby in me and the birth and baby in my arms getting closer- it is just making me feel really happy!

Anyone else feeling really good right now (even in spite of difficulties)?

(edited out the blissed out part in the title when I felt goofy about it!)
#2 of 15 Old 01-20-2010, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nope, but you can send some of those blissed out vibes my way! I'm the opposite...with all of my pregnancies I seem to get the "baby blues" before they even get here. I'm assuming it's a combination of stress, anticipation, hormones, and lack of sleep that I just don't respond well to...

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
#3 of 15 Old 01-20-2010, 02:25 PM

yes and no.

I'm so excited to meet the baby but the rational side of me can't help but think of everything else - money, childcare, family visiting, etc.
#4 of 15 Old 01-20-2010, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
With my first pregnancy, I was "blissed out" the entire time! Full of energy and excited and really in the moment.

Right now, 35 weeks, I am getting a little more excited each day. I may have been in denial/cautious for a long while but I am excited now. And regardless of the swollen fingers, shortness of breath, fatigue, and others pregnancy ailments (all which were overridden by bliss in my first pregnancy), I am happy where I am at and excited for the approaching due date.

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
#5 of 15 Old 01-20-2010, 03:32 PM

I'm a yes and no, too.

Yes: because I cannot WAIT to meet this little guy. I cannot WAIT to hold a baby again, to nurse, change diapers and babywear and things of this nature. For DS to have a little brother and for our family to be complete.

No: Daycare costs and just overall general finances that come with having a newborn. And also the fact that I'm becoming a bit more uncomfortable day by day and I just want to get back to my old self. Seems like this pregnancy is taking MUCH longer than my first and it's getting me frustrated, at times, and anxious.

One happy mama to 1/06 , 3/10 , and married to my best friend
#6 of 15 Old 01-20-2010, 04:36 PM

I'm feeling pretty happy now that I'm 36 weeks. I was dealing with all the fallout from my miscarriage for most of the pregnancy, and felt like I wasn't enjoying things fully because of one worry or another - fear of having another miscarriage became a completely unfounded fear of having a preemie, etc. Now I'm almost there, and letting go of lots of the worry, and it feels really good.
#7 of 15 Old 01-20-2010, 04:57 PM

I'm actually finally coming to that point of happiness There are always going to be nagging concerns in other areas (I'm going to be going back to being a SAHM! wowsas on the finances part, but then again, it DOES cost money to work too.. so it could just be a wash)... but I started out this pregnancy with lots of uncertainty and some general negative feelings. .. now that it's real and I'm going to get to do all the lovely baby things (babywearing, nursing, bathing/showering with a tiny babe, cloth diaper changes, etc)... oh yeah... I'm totally stoked!

Plus.. I'm seriously on edge about waiting to find out the gender of this babe! I have such conflicting, swinging and overpowering thoughts one way one day, then one day the next that my head is spinning and I have no clue what to think!!!

Hooray for being blissed out Babies are always joys!

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls and now a rainbow1284.gif BOY!!! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) angel3.gif .

#8 of 15 Old 01-20-2010, 05:18 PM

this post made me realize I really should address the things that are making me worry. So I spent my lunch time making a budget and determining just how much I will make while on maternity leave (sick day pay out and disability) vs. how much we need to pay the bills I pay (DH and I have a complicated system - I work on salary so I pay (most) reoccuring monthly bills, he gets paid when clients feel like paying so his paychecks go towards savings (when possible), groceries, incidentals, and fun money). It actually wasn't as bad as I thought, so I'm really excited to show the spreadsheet to DH tonight.

why didn't I do this a long time ago?!
#9 of 15 Old 01-20-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleS View Post
Nope, but you can send some of those blissed out vibes my way! I'm the opposite...with all of my pregnancies I seem to get the "baby blues" before they even get here. I'm assuming it's a combination of stress, anticipation, hormones, and lack of sleep that I just don't respond well to...
yeah dat.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
#10 of 15 Old 01-20-2010, 06:49 PM

I feel that way when I think of the baby. I don't enjoy pregnancy and am uncomfortable, but I totally deal with it by daydreaming about having an infant, and looking through all his wee clothes and diapers, touching his blankets and little ephemera...love it all. I had a great post-partum experience last time, just felt SO GREAT to not be pregnant anymore, recovered easily, and I loved having a tiny baby and getting to do all those sweet little babymama things. I actually have a little fear that it won't go so well this time, because I know so many people get the blues instead, but I had the highs for weeks and just felt wonderful. I've been loving looking at the pictures from DD's first weeks and feeling so excited about getting to do all that again!

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#11 of 15 Old 01-20-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jul511riv View Post
yeah dat.
Why do you have to live halfway around the globe? I feel like we'd get along quite well in real life.

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
#12 of 15 Old 01-21-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleS View Post
Why do you have to live halfway around the globe? I feel like we'd get along quite well in real life.
That might actually change...I'll keep you posted...but with my luck, you'll leave before I can get back.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
#13 of 15 Old 01-21-2010, 06:19 PM

I liked the thread title before you edited it, Katie! I'm getting there.....after spending most of this pregnancy in various degrees of shock/denial, I'm GLAD to be getting there!

At the moment, I am sitting here on the couch with the laptop on my belly.

My older kids are in hysterics because the baby's hiccups are strong enough to shake the computer every 1.5 seconds!

If that isn't the coolest thing in the world, then I'd like to know what in heck is!

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~
#14 of 15 Old 01-21-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheBear View Post

My older kids are in hysterics because the baby's hiccups are strong enough to shake the computer every 1.5 seconds!

If that isn't the coolest thing in the world, then I'd like to know what in heck is!
I love it when I can see the hiccups. I think DH is getting tired of me making him run over to watch my belly. I need a new audience!!
#15 of 15 Old 01-21-2010, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlyR View Post
I love it when I can see the hiccups. I think DH is getting tired of me making him run over to watch my belly. I need a new audience!!
Mine is too! It is just not as exciting for him as it is for me. When the baby moves so strongly that I can see my belly move, I feel it really strongly inside. So I say to dh- look! look! and he's like- yeah. Like- what's the big deal? Or maybe that is only the 5th time in each day that I ask him to look at it that he gets less enthused!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page