Weekly chat thread Jan 25- Jan 31 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#151 of 169 Old 01-30-2010, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheBear View Post
Sarah Lynne! praying for you, and thinking about you on this day...

I definitely can't understand the mind of God, but I have found comfort in learning that sometimes, joy comes forth from mourning!

Obviously, what I think is irrelevant, but it seems to me that it could be beautiful for your mom and your daughter to share such a significant day! I hope God blesses you with peace and joy if it turns out that way.....
thank you. I was very surprised to find most peoples reaction to my adament refusal to have Tristyn today was they thought that it would be a wonderful tribute to my mother if I did have her. And of course God and his humor always strike when you dont expect it.

I'm actually ok if she comes today. It will be tough, but I think I actually feel closer to my mom today and it will help me keep focus.

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#152 of 169 Old 01-30-2010, 03:44 PM

Sarah Lynne, . I'm also praying for you.

Maggie, American expat, mother to DD1 5/27/2007 and DD2 2/15/2010
#153 of 169 Old 01-30-2010, 04:37 PM

Sarah Lynne,

(((hugs))) waiting for your good news. And sending you love.

Had 17 hours of contractions from last night till this morning. Then everything totally tapered off. I have some BIRTHING contractions now and then...the most often they come is every 30 min...but usually it takes hours between them...when they come I'm like "must call mw NOW" but then it's over and that's the end of it.

Hoping to get some sleep tonight. Or a baby. But one or the other, please.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
#154 of 169 Old 01-30-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2Austin View Post
thank you. I was very surprised to find most peoples reaction to my adament refusal to have Tristyn today was they thought that it would be a wonderful tribute to my mother if I did have her. And of course God and his humor always strike when you dont expect it.

I'm actually ok if she comes today. It will be tough, but I think I actually feel closer to my mom today and it will help me keep focus.
I can easily imagine how difficult it would be to "share" the date, not to mention how difficult it might be just to do the work of birthing a baby while under such a poignant cloud of grief. My second son was due on the 1st anniversary of my grandmother's passing, and I was thankful that he decided to come 3 weeks early! My mother really wanted him to be born on his due date, though, so I recognize that everyone grieves--and heals--in a different way.

Again, just want you to know you are in my prayers, and I hope that the rest of the day treats you gently!

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~
#155 of 169 Old 01-31-2010, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Sarah Lynne

I got to sleep around 1:30 am after we dtd, though had to get up to pee several times. Some irregular contractions woke me up around 4 am and I just couldn't sleep through them, so I am down on the couch. I'm sure DH appreciates me not tossing and turning beside him.

Still getting BHs ever few minutes. Sometimes they get kinda painful. I'm pretty frustrated that every night the pain of them keeps me from sleeping, but then morning arrives and I'm back where I started.

Stephanie m/c 11/22/06
Jackson "Jax" Eugene born 02/05/10
#156 of 169 Old 01-31-2010, 09:02 AM

no sleep. got baby.

#157 of 169 Old 01-31-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punquin View Post
Still getting BHs ever few minutes. Sometimes they get kinda painful. I'm pretty frustrated that every night the pain of them keeps me from sleeping, but then morning arrives and I'm back where I started.
Same here! I've been having non-stop BH in the evenings, and what feel like *real* contractions a couple of times per night that wake me up, but then in the morning everything is gone! Last time labor just started sort of suddenly, out of the blue, so this is very new for me. It kind of gets you all excited and then when it peters out you're like, huh?

Also, my baby has been moving like crazy! Anyone else? I read somewhere on the forum that excessive movement is a warning sign of some kind of trouble, but I've also heard that contractions trigger a reflex for the baby to push with his legs (which helps him come out during real labor). Yesterday the baby moved non-stop for an hour, and then again about an hour later for another hour. He usually has a good number of movements at those times, but he literally felt like he was trying to find his way out.

Chai, DS (3/05) and DS (2/10)
#158 of 169 Old 01-31-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jul511riv View Post
no sleep. got baby.
Cute.

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#159 of 169 Old 01-31-2010, 05:19 PM

HappiLeigh - That was DH's basic argument, too. More specifically, he was worried that women would think his penis was too dirty.... Uh, cause a circ penis is just so fresh all the time??? Seriously, of all the arguments, for either way, and that was his only concern!

Jul - baby!!! Yay

One son , 3 years old. One husband, nine years of love. Expecting A Girl Feb 25, 2010
#160 of 169 Old 01-31-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu_n2 View Post
More specifically, he was worried that women would think his penis was too dirty.... Uh, cause a circ penis is just so fresh all the time??? Seriously, of all the arguments, for either way, and that was his only concern!
LOL, My DS's toes are always dirtier than his intact penis (which always seems very clean, despite doing almost nothing to it, other than soaking in the tub).

And I've never seen a grown man's intact penis, but I think my DS's is as cute as the rest of him!

Chai, DS (3/05) and DS (2/10)
#161 of 169 Old 01-31-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jul511riv View Post
no sleep. got baby.
ha ha - love it

I always lurk with this thread because you guys always chat while i'm asleep... but I just had to say I can't get over all this circumcision chat - i find it so weird that our two cultures are so different in that respect. I've never seen a circumcised penis - it's just not done here unless medically waranted!

Also, I'm sooooooo hormotional today. We have snow outside, DD is a little ill and my boiler broke. I pay for insurance, so called them and they said.... we don't have any availability of an engineer till tomorrow. What am I meant to do with no heating and no hot water and a poorly 3 year old till tomorrow???? So I cried right down the phone to the chap. I know he's just a paid call-centre worker but I couldn't help it. Didn't change the response mind-you. Now watch me go into labour tonight just cos I can't have a bath

Engaged to my sweetheart, Mammy to two beautiful girls
Eden Jade 18.08.06 & Saffron Jo 13.02.10
#162 of 169 Old 01-31-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulie View Post
ha ha - love it

I always lurk with this thread because you guys always chat while i'm asleep... but I just had to say I can't get over all this circumcision chat - i find it so weird that our two cultures are so different in that respect. I've never seen a circumcised penis - it's just not done here unless medically waranted!

Also, I'm sooooooo hormotional today. We have snow outside, DD is a little ill and my boiler broke. I pay for insurance, so called them and they said.... we don't have any availability of an engineer till tomorrow. What am I meant to do with no heating and no hot water and a poorly 3 year old till tomorrow???? So I cried right down the phone to the chap. I know he's just a paid call-centre worker but I couldn't help it. Didn't change the response mind-you. Now watch me go into labour tonight just cos I can't have a bath
Hey, there are a few of us here over on this side of the ocean!

Your story almost makes me want to cry! I hope you get hot water ASAP. When we moved in our real estate agent totally used my being pregnant to get us hooked up to gas. I didn't mind - heat at night in December/hot showers aren't things I'd want to go without. I guess it works better in France than jolly old England. That sucks!

We picked up more stuff for baby today. He is one blessed little guy. I can't wait to see him in his onesies. They make me emotional every time I pick them up.

Well, :yawning I am off to bed! The homeopathic stuff I am taking has improved my sleep 100%. Goodnight Mamas.

My family = me + dh & ds +
#163 of 169 Old 01-31-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linchi View Post
We picked up more stuff for baby today. He is one blessed little guy. I can't wait to see him in his onesies. They make me emotional every time I pick them up.
Do you look at them constantly? I feel like I'm stalking my baby's stuff.

Loulie, that is miserable. Really. I want to call them back for you and give them a rant about how you're pregnant and have a sick daughter!

My mom loaned me her car tonight, so at least DD and I aren't trapped here while mine gets fixed, which is so great (which we can hopefully do quickly--I have to call in the morning). We have ballet lessons tomorrow and was going to pick up a breast pump from a frend of mine, so I'm glad we don't have to be trapped here and not do those things. DH has to have his car with him at work because he sometimes has to be all over town during the course of a day, so we couldn't just drop him off and share one car. Hooray for my generous mom, who can walk to work!

Thanks for all your responses to my MIL's circumcision reaction. It totally helped that you all were put out too!! XOXO to all my DDC friends.

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#164 of 169 Old 01-31-2010, 11:16 PM

I'm pawing the baby diapers too. They are all stacked up in a basket next to my bed so I have to pull everything out and admire it before I go to sleep at night.

Kat

treehugger.gif Kat- mama to 6 little trees
#165 of 169 Old 02-01-2010, 11:11 AM

Thanks ladies - my heat is now restored, and I have forgiven British Gas as I had a good night's sleep which has made me far more able to cope with stuff And the engineer was really nice.

Yey for your mam HappiLeigh, that's so good of her

I'm totally there with the stalking baby things, I've washed all mine in little batches so i've always got a little pile to iron, fold and put away. On to the last lot now though!

Can I take Jul511riv's place as the 'most ready to be done' mama? I'm sooooooooo sick now, I really really really want her to come out!!!

Engaged to my sweetheart, Mammy to two beautiful girls
Eden Jade 18.08.06 & Saffron Jo 13.02.10
#166 of 169 Old 02-01-2010, 11:32 AM

Today I'm going in for ANOTHER ultrasound to see that the little guy is growing correctly. Fundal height is still probably at 32 cm. I can't figure it out. I'm kind of thinking that if they see anything wrong they're going to want to induce and I don't think I'm really opposed to that at this point. We'll see...

Kristen married to DH Brad, mama to Isaiah Abraham (born on Valentine's Day 2010) and expecting a new little one in February 2012!

#167 of 169 Old 02-01-2010, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thinking of you, Kristen - hope the u/s turns out okay.

TMI! I think I am starting to lose some mucus plug. Big snotty glob on my first wipe. But it wasn't bloody - does it need to be? I'm sure I'll be on tp watch all day now!

Still getting BH every 5 - 15 minutes around the clock. Every now and then some period cramps will creep in. We walked a mall for hours yesterday (it's too snowy here to walk outside - not to mention 19º F!) The exercise helped me to be much more comfortable in bed last night. I was able to sleep through contractions except about once an hour when my bladder would have something in it again and the contrax would squeeze it. I still feel like a zombie today, and for some reason I feel on the edge of tears, though I'm not upset over anything. Weird.

Stephanie m/c 11/22/06
Jackson "Jax" Eugene born 02/05/10
#168 of 169 Old 02-02-2010, 01:22 AM

Baby pictures

Just a quick hello to share pictures. We didnt get *any* labor pictures. Its all aftermath

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#169 of 169 Old 02-02-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulie View Post

Can I take Jul511riv's place as the 'most ready to be done' mama? I'm sooooooooo sick now, I really really really want her to come out!!!
yes. It's way better on the other side!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page