Mothering Forum banner

Who else is "overdue"?

1K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  Rikki Jean 
#1 ·
My EDD was Sunday the 7th. Here we are on Wednesday the 10th. 3 little days...no biggie, right? Blech. My mom has been here for a WEEK now. Tomorrow we go back to the MW, no closer to having a baby (or so it seems). She will be leaving in another week and a half.
DD came 3 days before my EDD, so this is an unexpected bummer.

Who else do we have watching baby news with jealousy as our EDD has come and gone?

See less See more
#2 ·
me.... well, nearly! my EDD is today, but no signs from little one that she's ready to come out just yet. DD was 2 days early so everyone I know has been 'expecting' this one for the last two weeks. I'm actually fighting a battle to be OK with the fact that she'd not ready yet, because everyone around me seems to be taking pleasure in making me feel depressed every day that i'm not in labour!

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than ready to meet her now, but I don't want my whole life to be on hold until D Day arrives
I'd like to try to enjoy these last few days of feeling babe moving around inside

I'm lucky though that my family live in the same town, so I don't have the added pressure you have

#3 ·
Me! My EDD was saturday the 6th...as I write I am up at 5 am because my belly is so stretched and itchy I can't sleep...will probably take an oatmeal bath. Waiting is soo hard, especially with the level of expectation on this baby (first everything for everyone on both sides of the family), but made worse by the itching and discomfort. I so want to wait for babe to come in their own time but each day I think more about getting an acupuncture induction, I feel a little crazy!

I can't even tpe more, really, I need that bath ASAP.

#4 ·
I was due on the 6th, so 40 5/7 today. I am just getting over a sinus infection, but am now itching everywhere! My hands, neck, chest, lower legs are all prickly feeling. I don't know if it is a reaction to the antibiotic I am on or just late pregnancy stuff or cholestasis or what! And I re-injured a just healed cracked rib with all the nose-blowing I have been doing, so it is very hard to turn in bed. The sad thing is that most of my complaints are not even pregnancy related, so even after baby comes I will still be dealing with them
Sorry this turned into a gripe! I really am excited to meet this baby

#7 ·
I was due on Wed., so 40w2d today. I know it's not all that far over, but I am just MISERABLE! DH is coming down with something as of yesterday (diarrhea, throwing up all night, etc) and I'm concerned now they won't even let him in the hospital. I'm sick too with some type of head issue (stuffy nose, sore throat) that didn't start until Wed. It may be best that the baby's not here yet-at least he's not catching whatever it is either of us have...
(trying to be positive). I'm getting too big for my own good. The skin on my stomach feels like it's on fire! I can't lay on my left side anymore-I get a REALLY horrible stomach ache on my left side if I do and it doesn't go away for hours, so I can only sleep on my right, which gets really old after a few hours!
I just want this baby to be here already...

#8 ·
My LMP due date was the 5th and the Ultrasound due date was the 8th. So 40 weeks 7 days or 4 days. We decided to go by the 8th so I can keep telling myself we have at least until the 22nd. I know that there are women who are comfortable going past 42 weeks, but I don't know that I am.
As much as I am ready for the baby to come whenever he is ready, I keep getting phone calls and e-mails from people asking if he is here, or if I feel like he is coming soon. I feel like giving every one of them a little lecture on the fact that they are important enough in my life that I will let them know when he gets here. As well as a lecture about those first 2 weeks of the 40 week count down the Dr. gives you and how you may not (most likely not) be pregnant for those first two weeks. So really Dear Friends and Family, I have only been pregnant for 39 weeks! Lay off!

Sorry this is turning into a rant more than commiseration haha. My in laws who said they would watch my toddler when I went into labor are going out of town early next week whether or not the baby is here. They don't have to go. Their reasons for going have nothing to do with anything other than they WANT to take the trip now.

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaJ2005 View Post
My pelvic bone feels like it's gonna split apart any moment!
I am not overdue. But I totally feel the same way. I just got up to get some water and seriously wondered if it would just snap in two pieces. (Then would the baby just fall out?
) It is quite painful the first few steps I take every time I get up.

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by doulawoman View Post
Me! My EDD was saturday the 6th...as I write I am up at 5 am because my belly is so stretched and itchy I can't sleep...will probably take an oatmeal bath. Waiting is soo hard, especially with the level of expectation on this baby (first everything for everyone on both sides of the family), but made worse by the itching and discomfort. I so want to wait for babe to come in their own time but each day I think more about getting an acupuncture induction, I feel a little crazy!

I can't even tpe more, really, I need that bath ASAP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by berrymama View Post
I was due on the 6th, so 40 5/7 today. I am just getting over a sinus infection, but am now itching everywhere! My hands, neck, chest, lower legs are all prickly feeling. I don't know if it is a reaction to the antibiotic I am on or just late pregnancy stuff or cholestasis or what! And I re-injured a just healed cracked rib with all the nose-blowing I have been doing, so it is very hard to turn in bed. The sad thing is that most of my complaints are not even pregnancy related, so even after baby comes I will still be dealing with them
Sorry this turned into a gripe! I really am excited to meet this baby

Have you two been checked/heard about PUPPP? I have it (?) but it's gone away from the most part. A little bit of itching is sooooo much more tolerable than a TON of it!!!

I feel like my pelvis is going to split in half too! Baby was at 0 station yesterday when MW checked me. I told her not to tell me how many cm dilated I was.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by leila1213 View Post
Have you two been checked/heard about PUPPP? I have it (?) but it's gone away from the most part. A little bit of itching is sooooo much more tolerable than a TON of it!!!

I feel like my pelvis is going to split in half too! Baby was at 0 station yesterday when MW checked me. I told her not to tell me how many cm dilated I was.

I thought that I had to have it all over my body? And It just really started this week or a wek and a half ago. The mw's asked me if my belly itches when they see the stretch marks and I say gosh-yes! But nothing more has come of it. I just took my second oatmeal bath in 12 hours. My skin is really stretched on my belly and continues to stretch so I was thinking it was that....

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicole730 View Post
I am not overdue. But I totally feel the same way. I just got up to get some water and seriously wondered if it would just snap in two pieces. (Then would the baby just fall out?
) It is quite painful the first few steps I take every time I get up.
Same here! I'm not overdue yet either, my EDD is 2/16, but for the last week that pubic symphesis pain has been exactly what you both described. Just wanted to commiserate!

#13 ·
I may have a baby pretty soon. I've been having mucus & bloody show all day. Contractions are spaced out & not too painful yet. Here's to hoping! Hang in there, Mamas! We will all be holding our little punkins soon! Oh and it's snowing today in SC, so we're hoping to have a snow baby!

#14 ·
Hand up!!!

I was due the 5th...and we even gave ourselves some leeway with that date...but now here I am at 41w1d and no sign of baba

My first was 17 days overdue but we really didn't think this little one would be. I had bloody show 2 weeks ago already and have been having strong painful contractions at night that wake me up...but they disappear during the day.

I really hope it's not much longer now, I'm getting tired from the long nights and from 10 days overdue there is a lot of pressure here to induce. lf we refuse induction I will have to go for all sorts of monitoring to make sure baby is ok, not to mention that we have to pay extra for each day we have the birthing pool...sigh!

(((hugs))) to everyone else who is patiently or impatiently waiting

#15 ·
I'm not technically "overdue," but I'm due today and no signs of baby! I've been having a lot of prodromal labor, and last night I felt a lot of stretching and pushing as the baby moved even further down (if that was even possible), but still no baby. My DD was 6 days late, so I'm hoping sometime this week baby will make an appearance!

And OP, I totally feel you on your mom being there. My mom flew in Wednesday, and I definitely feel like a watched pot now!

#16 ·
Overdue here. My OB due date was the 12th but my LMP based on my short cycle was the 10th.

I'm firm, closed, and posterior. Had lots of BH in the last 24 hours but nothing to physically show for it. Because I'm a VBAC, I'll get until the 19th to spontaneously go on my own. Otherwise,they will try non-chemical interventions.

#17 ·
Still here!! Tons of prodromal labor, pubic symphysis pain today worse than I've had before. Talked to my MW about acupuncture, but she had been up all night and facing another birth last night, so she told me not to do that just yet. She said she could 'talk to my cervix' (basically involves some massage/pressure points on it) if we need to get labor started. Appt is tomorrow morning. Keep your fingers crossed!

#18 ·
Chiming in again now that I am technically overdue, although only by one day. Like some of you, I also now have family in town. Every day my stepfather asks me if anything is happening, and it is like being a watched pot! Here's hoping things move along for all of us soon!

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinKate View Post
Chiming in again now that I am technically overdue, although only by one day. Like some of you, I also now have family in town. Every day my stepfather asks me if anything is happening, and it is like being a watched pot! Here's hoping things move along for all of us soon!
What are you talking about? You're not a watched pot. It's not like anyone is stalking you on your DDC or anything.

#22 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeBliss View Post
Still here too. Freaking out b/c OB scheduled Csection on 23rd (41w 6d) because I'm VBAC, polyhydraminos, and "advanced maternal age".

Cheering on cervix to ripen up ASAP!
Ouch! I guess I should be thankful that bad timing is my only threat at this point. I assume you're doing all the EPO, sex, nipple stim, walking, acupressure, etc, etc...

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by leila1213 View Post
Ouch! I guess I should be thankful that bad timing is my only threat at this point. I assume you're doing all the EPO, sex, nipple stim, walking, acupressure, etc, etc...

I'm doing *Everything* (but caster oil, that stuff scares me)
I just have late babes I guess! I'm thinking I will cancel the c/s the day before tho if my nsts are good and I am dilated.

#24 ·
Quote:

I just have late babes I guess! I'm thinking I will cancel the c/s the day before tho if my nsts are good and I am dilated.
Castor oil scares me too. My hubby bought some for me at my request before I found out that it can cause the baby to pass the meconium before they are born.
Good for you for watching that everything is good and trusting your body enough to cancel the c/s.

Good luck to all you happy gestating women out there.

#25 ·
Quote:

Way to go! Hang in there.

I feel so bad being so impatient around 'social issues' as MW called it. This was the last situation I wanted to set up, but she and I do agree that baby is looking ready, and that we're not just wrong on dates or looking at a LO that needs to bake longer. Trying to do the gentlest things first. She did the stretch & sweep this morning and said she would have liked to see it a little softer. But NST was just perfect and she said the bones she could feel indicate it is full term. I'll go back tomorrow morning to repeat and start black & blue cohosh if needed. Castor oil 'birth drink' is on the calendar for Monday if we make it that far, subject to change of course.

And s/he FLIPPED!!!
Baby is now 100% LOA for the first time EVER. So I'm taking that as a good sign that we're ready to go any minute.

#26 ·
Leila!!!!!! Your still here, and omg, congrats about getting ready to have another baby!!!!!!!!! I'm Kim *in Fl, you donated milk to my dd
* I've been wondering how you've been. Wow, how exciting. Wishing you a peaceful and happy labor!! I'm so excited for you girl!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.