Baby movement during labor? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-14-2010, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You'd think after 3 dc I'd be well versed in these things - ha ha. Pretty sure I'm in early labor, contrax are 5-7 minutes apart though still somewhat irregular with every 3rd or so somewhat uncomfortable. The oddity though is that I am still feeling the baby move, don't remember ever having this before, though I didn't have noticeable early labor with #1 and 2 and with #3 it started the night before and I slept through the night. Sooo, is this unusual? Am I not actually in labor since he/she is still moving around a little? More than anything, just curious I suppose.

Susan, homeschooling mama to KS/6, A/5, K/3, ^i^, ^i^, & our new Valentine -- RG 02/14/10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2010, 03:15 PM

I don't remember with the others, but with this one, my third, I remember thinking how stupid it was that they wanted to check the baby's heart rate (in the middle of a fairly fast-moving labor) because I was still feeling plenty of movement.

Enjoy your birthing, Mama!

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
Old 02-14-2010, 05:10 PM

DDDC - I absolutely felt movement during labor!!

Cindy, loving wife of 15 years
homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

Old 02-14-2010, 05:17 PM

I felt movement all during labor, which freaked me out! I don't remember feeling DD move, but this little guy sure did wriggle his way on out.

Sabrina loving wife to Nate , frazzled mom to Gabriella (1-23-07) and Robert (2-9-10) My bed and heart are overflowing!
Old 02-14-2010, 05:46 PM

I felt lots of movement while in labor with DS. Even near the end, right before I started pushing.

Mama to three

Old 02-14-2010, 08:43 PM

This is my first so I don't really know, but in my 'instructions' from my midwives on what to expect and when to call sheet it says to call if I haven't felt movement every 1-2 hours. So, I assume the little guy is supposed to continue to stretch and kick me every now and then!

Thrilled to be expecting Baby #2 after 15 months TTC (a 30% drop in TTC time than Baby #1!)

"Everything that is done in the world is done by hope." Martin Luther

Old 02-14-2010, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yep he had the hiccups and was moving during pushing!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
Old 02-15-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommeeoh View Post
You'd think after 3 dc I'd be well versed in these things - ha ha. Pretty sure I'm in early labor, contrax are 5-7 minutes apart though still somewhat irregular with every 3rd or so somewhat uncomfortable. The oddity though is that I am still feeling the baby move, don't remember ever having this before, though I didn't have noticeable early labor with #1 and 2 and with #3 it started the night before and I slept through the night. Sooo, is this unusual? Am I not actually in labor since he/she is still moving around a little? More than anything, just curious I suppose.
Mine moved a ton during my labor. He also had a slightly high heart rate, which the midwife was a tad concerned about. I labored on hands and knees to try to get him into a comfy position, and he finally did (and settled down) about an hour before transition (his heart rate went back to normal at that point). The midwife said he could have been anxious with all the changes/discomfort he was feeling, or he could have been responding to my adrenaline.

Chai, DS (3/05) and DS (2/10)
Old 02-15-2010, 05:41 PM

I don't really remember whether I felt movement in first stage labor last time, but I do remember feeling the baby wiggle when I was pushing. It was a very weird feeling to have him squirm with half his bottom already out! It was good, though, since then I knew he was okay.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the replies -- it calmed me and solidified that yes indeed I was in labor! The movement slowed/stopped once the contrax started getting fairly strong and more frequent. Our little boy was born later that afternoon , I'll try and do a detailed birth post later.

Susan, homeschooling mama to KS/6, A/5, K/3, ^i^, ^i^, & our new Valentine -- RG 02/14/10.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:09 AM

Congratulations!

There is nothing more painful that a good strong kick at the peak of a horrible back labor contraction.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:07 PM

Congratulations!

User Tag List