After two babies, you think I'd know what labor feels like... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 02-17-2010, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
But, I don't, apparently, because I'm stuck in the am I or aren't I thing right now, and it's made it so that I've barely slept. I tried so hard to sleep, but it just wasn't happening. I've been having on and off "surges" that are like strong BH, but still not painful. I was COLD an hour or two ago, and DH said that it wasn't cold in the house at all...when I was in labor with DS2 I had the chills the whole time, so that made me think of his labor...*TMI alert* I also started having some feelings of intestinal activity, and with both boys, my system cleared out at the beginning of labor, so that's always a big one for me...thankfully, when I finally did go to the bathroom, it was nothing too crazy.

I most likely slept through early labor with DS1 (I woke up in way-hard, active labor), and I got about twenty minutes of it with DS2, so I guess that's why I'm really not sure what early labor feels like...

I started having a panic attack a couple of hours ago. I don't know why, but I seem to be really scared about having this baby. It makes no sense! I have had two great births, two healthy kids, we're planning a fantastic homebirth...maybe just because I was really tired (still am!), and I still have some things to check off of my to-do list?

My EDD is Monday, and I'm hoping to get at least that far, but I'm starting to feel like that isn't going to happen. The dates with this pg are really weird, because I had a m/c and then got pg right away, with no period, so we had to use my m/c date as an LMP date. For that reason, I've been expecting the baby to come late (and my other two were each born at 40w4d, according to my LMP). Now I'm starting to second-guess that. Gah!

Okay, I just needed to get that out. I'm going to try to get some sleep now!

Crunchy wife to my high-school sweetheart, mama to DS (10/23/05) , DS (11/22/07) , DD (3/9/10) , and DS (5/26/12),  and three babies in Heaven.
#2 of 8 Old 02-17-2010, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been there...I hope things work out as you are hoping.

Jill :, partner to DH:, mother to DD 11/06 :, DD 2/2010 .
#3 of 8 Old 02-17-2010, 12:56 PM

Have been thinking of you! Peace be with you!

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
#4 of 8 Old 02-17-2010, 01:41 PM

Oh, honey, I have SO been there with the panic attacks! I've been focusing on 2Tim 1:7 throughout this pregnancy--it was my mantra during my last birth and it really helped me. But I realized several days ago that it isn't enough to read or remember the words if I'm not taking them to heart!

I'm trying very hard to take them to heart now...to hear them not only as an encouragement (which of course they are!!) but also as a bit of an indictment.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Power, love, and a sound mind....that's some mighty strong encouragement there! And the first part is the indictment....that spirit of fear isn't from God. Don't allow it to capture your mind, your thoughts, your heart. Cast it out, trample it down, and let that power & love embrace you and fill you up instead!

You are in my prayers; I hope you have a peaceful rest of the week/weekend....whether with a baby to snuggle or not!

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~
#5 of 8 Old 02-17-2010, 03:23 PM

Hang in there, mama. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!

: mama to 3 sweet boys, 10/21/03, 2/23/07 and 1/20/10
#6 of 8 Old 02-18-2010, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Ladies, thank you so much for the encouragement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheBear View Post
Oh, honey, I have SO been there with the panic attacks! I've been focusing on 2Tim 1:7 throughout this pregnancy--it was my mantra during my last birth and it really helped me. But I realized several days ago that it isn't enough to read or remember the words if I'm not taking them to heart!

I'm trying very hard to take them to heart now...to hear them not only as an encouragement (which of course they are!!) but also as a bit of an indictment.

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Power, love, and a sound mind....that's some mighty strong encouragement there! And the first part is the indictment....that spirit of fear isn't from God. Don't allow it to capture your mind, your thoughts, your heart. Cast it out, trample it down, and let that power & love embrace you and fill you up instead!

You are in my prayers; I hope you have a peaceful rest of the week/weekend....whether with a baby to snuggle or not!
Sarah, thank you so much for this. Reading that scripture was EXACTLY what I needed! I thought about it all day yesterday, and I read it and a few others last night before bed, as I was getting kind of anxious again. Then I prayed, and I slept great, without any stress or anxiety. Whoohoo! I typed up a list of scriptures, and I laminated them so that I can read them between contractions when I'm in the tub. This one is at the top of the list!

I read your thread a while back about being anxious about this baby, and I didn't get to respond, but I've been thinking of and praying for you. When I read it, I said to myself, "Did I write this?"

Crunchy wife to my high-school sweetheart, mama to DS (10/23/05) , DS (11/22/07) , DD (3/9/10) , and DS (5/26/12),  and three babies in Heaven.
#7 of 8 Old 02-18-2010, 04:36 PM

Glad you're feeling better. I've been listening to my Hypnobabies Fear Release script when I start to get anxious, fearful or controlling. I *think* I could send you the MP3 if you want it.

#8 of 8 Old 02-25-2010, 01:51 AM - Thread Starter

I just wanted to come back to this and say that I've really been overwhelmed with peace in the last few days. Seriously, just washed over with it. I reached a point on Sunday where I started to get excited thinking about labor (just about it happening, not about the pain! ), and now I'm totally open to it happening whenever it does (not that I had much of a choice before anyway!). Thank you again for all of the words of encouragement, and thank you to Sarah, again, for the scriptural encouragement. It made a HUGE difference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leila1213 View Post
Glad you're feeling better. I've been listening to my Hypnobabies Fear Release script when I start to get anxious, fearful or controlling. I *think* I could send you the MP3 if you want it.
Sorry, I never replied to this. I'm feeling really at peace about everything now, so I'm good. Thanks anyway!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page