Forum Jump: 

#1 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi!
Another week- wow!
How is everyone?

AFM- 39 weeks and 5 days here! It is getting pretty intense as you all well know! Not even sure what position is comfortable anymore. I am feeling pretty close to ready to be on the other side- with baby in arms, but not too impatient yet. I feel huge and heavy and tired. But I still feel like I could go at least another week somehow. But it is pretty cool/crazy to know that I actually could give birth any day now. So just trodding along here.
#2 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
39 weeks and 1 day here! I'm beyond done and hoping that this week moves along a bit quickly. I'm growing more and more impatient every day as I can't wait to meet my little guy and spend time with my family instead of laying around all of the time, moaning and groaning of how much I ache, am sore, swollen, etc.,

I have an OB appt on Wednesday to see how things have progressed and if they haven't, induction dates will be discussed. So, I'll keep everyone posted about that. Tomorrow, I'm taking a 1/2 day off of work to have my temp get used to the office a bit and for me to take a breather. It'll be nice.

Other than that, I don't have much planned this week - just still growing and waiting.

One happy mama to 1/06 , 3/10 , and married to my best friend
#3 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 01:21 PM

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
#4 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleS View Post
lol!

40wks and a day. I woke up around 2 am in a hot sweat. I was sure something was going to happen and this morning I packed my sons overnight bag. But now, at work, and no signs. The baby definitely dropped / engaged last night. It is quite noticeable. So thats exciting. My 7 year old thought that I was waddling. I have never used that word around him, so I guess its true.

Although this is my second birth, I didn't go into labour on my own with my first...so the anticipation is exciting and new to me.

Have a doctors appointment tomorrow.

My mom is 4 hours away, waiting for the call to drive down.... I need a stick and knife so I can whittle away today.

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
#5 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
#6 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

What does that symbol mean?
#7 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
What does that symbol mean?
Something akin to "Nyah-nyah nyah-nyah-nyah!"

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#8 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 02:02 PM

40 weeks +2 days here and feeling a little sad about it. I know I really shouldn't but I can't help it, I was really hoping to have this baby sooner. Mostly because my first baby was 9.5lbs at birth. I went into labour on my due date with him so I am afraid this one will be bigger now that I am past my due date and I won't be able to push him/her own on my own or that I will need an induction if I don't go into labour soon. I've been uncomfortable/crampy every evening for weeks now but no real contractions yet, ugh!
#9 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 02:43 PM

yeah, : so can't type much...

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
#10 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

I am feeling bored! Like- too big and heavy and grumpy to actually go DO anything so I am just moping around the house. For some reason I have always had this feeling that it is "better" if the baby goes some over 40 weeks. Now that I am almost at 40 weeks I am starting to feel really ready to be done though!
I think it is really part of the process though- wanting it to happen a lot and becoming really ready for birth.

I started to have lots of mucus today- white and similar to ovulation fertile mucus. Not tons but more than ever before. I know it can still be a good while after that starts.
And baby feels low and I feel a bit achy sometimes down low in the pelvic area.
And just tired as heck but restless.
I should go DO something- get out and be social and distract myself. It is a great sunny day here. But I am feeling so lazy. If I can put away groceries, and vacuum and mop the downstairs today then that will feel like a lot.
#11 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 03:03 PM

I'm also 40 weeks and one day, like Sunrise. And I've been induced twice before, so this overdue and waiting to go into labour thing is new to me, and depressing!

I've had 2 membrane sweeps now and all it has done is given me really painful Braxton Hicks for like 5 hours afterwards. Useless and annoying.

Mom to dd1 7/2007, dd2 2/2010, and ds 7/2006 in heaven
#12 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 03:08 PM

Happy Monday everybody! Nothing new here. Today is my Dad's birthday, and it would be super-nice to have a baby on this day for him, but I have no reason to think that's going to happen. I do have a bit of a sore throat and stuffy nose, so hopefully my body can fight this off quickly.

Labor vibes to all who want them!

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#13 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

I realized after reading my last post- I don't feel quite ready yet. But I do feel newly in that last week or so stage and all that comes with it.

Okay- I am going to go outside for a bit and get some air and sun.
#14 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 03:15 PM

Hello from the other side!! I thought I was going to be pregnant forever, too....it will happen for everyone!

I'm 13 days PP....starting to feel almost normal in the nether regions, so yay for that! Baby Miranda is an angel so far.....although she poops far more than DD #1 ever did, lol. I keep waiting for life with 2 kids to be hard, but so far it's been smooth sailing....a very pleasant surprise. I can't wait to be feeling physically all better so I can start doing some things....honestly, I'm a little bored.

Amy, proud Mama to my girls Natalie (12/7/06) and Miranda (2/9/10).
#15 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feministmom View Post
I can't wait to be feeling physically all better so I can start doing some things....honestly, I'm a little bored.

I was not expecting recovery to take quite so long. 8 days pp and I'm feeling like if my southern region was not so sore I could start getting back to the new normal that is now my life. It just hurts to walk around or stand for long periods of time. We had a rocky start with nursing as I couldn't figure out how to latch him with out killing my nipples and then I got completely engorged. Ugh. It was almost like second labor. I spent Thursday night awake and bawling all night long because I couldn't figure out what to do. Luckily I called the pediatrician Friday morning and he referred me to a lactation consultant who came out to our house within an hour. I love that woman!! Now Isaiah is nursing like a champ but only for about 10 minutes because I'm just drowning him in milk. Then he sleeps for 3-4 hours. Crazy! He's already gained his birth weight back so I'm sure he's getting enough food.

ELVs to everyone waiting. That last week was so boring a frustrating for me. I played a lot of Super Nintendo.

Kristen married to DH Brad, mama to Isaiah Abraham (born on Valentine's Day 2010) and expecting a new little one in February 2012!

#16 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Hmmm. I am starting to get low cramp like sensations when I walk around- even just gently walking around the house. they go away when I sit down. Hmmm, this is the first I have had of this feeling.

I really want to clean my floors! I have been cleaning the house for weeks and decorating and now that the birth is imminent I want the house to be fresh and clean. DH is going to blow up the birth tub tonight! And I want to vacuum and mop everything before that. But I am having a hard time getting it done. Interesting.
I just went and sat on my porch step in the sun and that felt great.
I called dh at work and asked him if he might vacuum and mop when he gets home! I am going to do as much as I can of it in the next couple hours.
#17 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 04:28 PM

I'm still pregnant. 39w1d. Had an appointment today, everything still checks out good. I'm starting to feel pretty useless around the house, thankfully DH is stepping up and getting stuff done. DS has been a little stinker the past week and I don't know how much more I can handle. He is 22 months and definitely acting like it. He is also teething and has a nasty cold...so I feel sorry for the little guy, but does he really need to cry and say no to everything? Thankfully he is in his crib now "resting", hopefully he'll get a nap in there too.

Mama to three

#18 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 06:16 PM

I don't feel like finding the old thread, but I finally took some pictures of the baby's room. Hopefully this link will work, I made the album public on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&id=521547354

Mama to three

#19 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 06:29 PM

I'm 39w5d by my calculations, but 39w2d by my midwife's timeline (which, yeah, I'm going with hers since I've been way overdue with the other three... I'll take three extra days).

I'm ready. Really, really ready. More ready than I've ever been in my life (or for any other pregnancy!)!! .. but... I'm still pregnant.

I feel like it's "Groundhog Day" every day when I wake up still pregnant.

But today my belly just feels WEIRD. I can't seem to find the proper words.. but I'll try... because it's kind of cool. I feel like my belly is sort of heavy.. like something is pulling it downwarrds a bit... not a lot, but a gentle, constant downward sensation.. almost like a falling sensation (except it's not going anywhere).. and I wonder if maybe there are some light BHs going on? Baby is still quite active through all of this. Silly LO, doesn't realize how excited I am to see him/her on the OUTSIDE!!

Why do I have such a cozy uterus anyway? None of my babies want to make an early appearance in the least!

It's nice and sunny here today, even though it's just 25*. I think I'm going to make dh go on a walk with me (maybe taking some of the kids... dd2 is at MILs.. not sure if dd3 wants to walk or would make the four-mile walk I'm planning.. dd1 will LOVE it though!).

Katie -- I get the tightening in my lower belly region after walking sometimes also... I'm hoping it's a good thing.. so I'm going on a big walk..lol

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls and now a rainbow1284.gif BOY!!! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) angel3.gif .

#20 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 07:41 PM

I will take those ELVs you guys are sending out! I am overdue and they have me scheduled for an induction on Wednesday if things don't happen naturally first.

I am so done with being pregnant. I can't crouch down to check something in the oven, put on shoes or pick up after my dog (all things I did today ) otherwise my calf leg muscles cramp and feel like they are separating from the bone. I am taking Dr. prescribed Magnesium and Calcium to supposedly counteract this... . I breathe loud. Peeing in the middle of the night drives me batty. I bump into things with my belly. Getting dressed in the morning is more and more frustrating. I can't believe my dependence on pillows to prop myself up in an ever growing amount of situations. Not even the baby clothes make me feel good anymore.

I want to hold my baby. That said I am really nervous about the whole labour thing, being my first time and all - especially if it is induced.

So, in short, I give up. I don't know what else to do. I am gonna go cry in my non-alcoholic beer.

My family = me + dh & ds +
#21 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

aww Linchi, I know how you feel! Hang in there- the end is super challenging. You will be holding your baby soon.

AFM- just starting to get the impatience but trying to not get too impatient. Just tired. Those little pains subsided as did the mucous. Just tired. Didn't manage to do much today. Going to sleep early. I can imagine having like 12 more days or somehting and each day feels like a week at this point so I am going to have to find something to do to distract myself.
#22 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 08:09 PM

Yeah, the whole not being able to put on shoes the right way is bothering me, too and the fact that I can only wear tennis shoes right now - I feel so frumpy and laxed in my attire. I don't normally dress up, but I do like cute and different tops and I've been sporting jeans with a long sleeved top underneath a short sleeved top. I'm so tired of my wardrobe. I want my old one back!!

I think I experienced a couple of BH's today - while I was sitting down. It wasn't the baby moving at all, just a little tightening on each side. Nothing painful either. He's still moving like crazy - I can see my stomach raise up all over the place these days. Amazing how much he's STILL moving!!

One happy mama to 1/06 , 3/10 , and married to my best friend
#23 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole730 View Post
I don't feel like finding the old thread, but I finally took some pictures of the baby's room. Hopefully this link will work, I made the album public on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...0&id=521547354
NICE JOB. Love the colours and pictures. And the mobile picture is cool!

I have a great pair of leather boots I had been wearing daily, this entire winter part of pregnancy. Slip on ankle boots like the Australian Blundersomethings...The only difficult part with the boots was my finger was getting to swollen to fit in the loop to pull them on. But I couldnt find them this morning and it was really rough getting on the running shoes!

My upper back and back ribs are achey. Wrong part to be sore for going into labour.

Linchi...I hope you are next!!! Sending you labour vibes.

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
#24 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 09:32 PM

I just went for a very brisk two-mile walk (there's a great walking path just on the outside of my town with a great hill too)...

Still totally pregnant.

The walk wasn't tricky at all (I mean, I *was* feeling quite heavy in the belly while walking, but really, my body still handled it great)... the tricky part was realizing halfway through that there are no bathroom breaks along the way. ... and, walking briskly like that puts LOTS of bumps on the baby which is bouncing on my bladder... and.. whoa.. I couldn't have made it home and to the bathroom any more quickly. At least not without pretending to passers-by that my water broke (instead of me peeing on myself). sheesh!

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls and now a rainbow1284.gif BOY!!! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) angel3.gif .

#25 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linchi View Post
. I breathe loud. Peeing in the middle of the night drives me batty.
These two are really getting to me. Especially since DH keeps mentioning that I am snoring. I know that, but I cannot breathe through my nose very well, I don't need a constant reminder!

Tonight I am feeling quite frustrated over everything. I think I can officially say I am ready to be done. I am ready to stop wearing slip on shoes, I am ready to stop peeing so much, I am ready to stand up and not hunch over in pain. Most of all though, I am ready to meet my little baby. I am okay with baby not ready to be done inside of me though. Even with all my complaints, I want baby to come whenever he or she feels the need.

Mama to three

#26 of 70 Old 02-22-2010, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRise View Post
NICE JOB. Love the colours and pictures. And the mobile picture is cool!

My upper back and back ribs are achey. Wrong part to be sore for going into labour.

Linchi...I hope you are next!!! Sending you labour vibes.
Thanks. We got a new camera and DH is really proud of that mobile picture.

You know, my upper back was hurting today too and I was just annoyed. Not the right kind of pain, so it might as well just go away.

Mama to three

#27 of 70 Old 02-23-2010, 12:13 AM

So I don't know what happened to the PP thread, but here's tonight's pic of Caleb. Hard to believe he's 3.5 weeks old! I had his weight checked today and he's already 11 lbs. 8 oz...

http://img4.glowfoto.com/images/2010...010592894T.jpg

#28 of 70 Old 02-23-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
yeah, : so can't type much...
yet you could take off your pants and moon us. nice. lol.

Caleb looks JUST like you, Mommy.

My guy has been such a wonderful baby...likes to be held TONS, but once he's REALLY alseep, he'll sleep on his own. Funny to see myself type that, as I wouldn't have dreamed of putting down my other kids when they were sleeping...my first because I just loved her so much. My second because my first was trying to kill him anytime I put him down (or held him, actually). But now, there are dishes to wash, butts to wipe, laundry to fold, food to make, other kids to hold and cuddle (espically my new "middle child"), and on and on and on...

Anyways, life is awfully busy. I wanted to keep coming on here to say mazel tov to all the new mamas but I keep getting so behind. Please don't feel offended if I miss you...it's just a really hands full kind of time, espically since this is "on our own time". We never had any family come and help...though dh's parents came for 3 hours in the first week and washed our dishes and folded our laundry, begrudgingly. So it was better to just have them gone and not bitching about "all the work" they have to do for us.

Not on speaking terms with mom, still. It's such a shame. Today is dd's 5th birthday...it was going to be a special day for her and my mom, one she was really looking forward to, espically since she hasn't seen her in almost 2 years.

Oh well, we made it fun. She got her hair cut...had cake and pizza. But now she's feelign sick. ds1 had diahreah and felt terrible for 2 days. I assume its the same thing. She's been ALL OVER the baby, so I really REALLY hope he doesn't catch it, Please G-d.

But taking care of a newborn, and one sick kid at a time bymyself is okay, so far. I'm tired and my patience is low...but I've been journaling about my angry feelings about my mom and that's helping. And the fact that my brother called me once to see how I was doing was nice. And the community was really wonderful, making all our meals the first two weeks. (1 meal a day, but we made them last!) Thank G-d for that. We wouldn't have been able to survive without it...at least not pleasently or easily, though I was going to do take out, if they didn't come through. Would have been expensive, though.

Anyways, wanna hear something creepy? I went to change dd's bedsheets (which we hadn't changed in like a month! Sigh) and her pillow was covered ON BOTH SIDES in MOLD!!!!! I'm totally perplexed how this happened. No water. I have no idea why her pillow would have molded...it must have happened within the last month. It's so weird...and scary. So now I have her sleeping on mine and I'm sleepnig on some very uncomfortable thing...but at least I know she's on a non moldy pillow. I'll keep checking her pillow every few days to see whats goign on. Shes not a drooler or anything either. No food in the bedroom...it's just really really weird.

I think our heater is throwing out mold spores, though. So we have to clean it (read: dh has to clean it). Maybe that will help?

gtg.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
#29 of 70 Old 02-23-2010, 11:14 AM

Happy birthday to your DD Jul! Creepy on the mold thing, no ideas there if she's not a drooler...

#30 of 70 Old 02-23-2010, 12:48 PM

I have officially gone into lurker status. I still read up on you guys, but between these 3 kids, I got my hands full. I guess it's impossible for me to have an easy baby, all of my kids were big criers and had to be held 24-7. It's hard but I need to enjoy this time I guess.
Jethro is 6 weeks old today! He is totally trying to smile, sleeping 5-6 hours at night and eating non stop. He gets only breastmilk, but I do give him bottles of pumped milk a lot too. The kid eats 6oz at a sitting. That's craziness. Never seen anything like it. A newborn eating 6oz...
When he is just sitting around with me, he will put his lips together and make kissy face lips for like an hour. Just looking around with his lips like that. It's so funny. We call it "Owen Wilson Lips" and when he does it we call it "Owening". Here's some pics of Jethro "Owening".
Http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/...fdcf0d782e.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4019/...289543d02d.jpg

I hear Jett! Hope you all are well!

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page