Mothering Forum banner

Weekly chat thread March 1 - March 7

2K views 43 replies 18 participants last post by  flavorfull1 
#1 ·
Happy March, my MDC friends!

How are we all doing?

#4 ·
Doing pretty good. Officially on maternity leave beginning today and not even 4 hours after the temp has arrived at the office, I'm already getting a phone call with a list of questions. Did I not cover that???
Anyhoo - it feels nice to be at home, getting some last minute things taken care of, and counting down the hours, minutes, seconds until this Wednesday when I'm getting induced.

#8 ·
My nipples feel like they might fall off... DH's first day back at work after two weeks - thankfully my mom is here to help. Tired and still sore from that d*mn c-section and wanting to exercise to release stress but can't. Other than that, when my baby smiles my heart warms and when he tries to speak it's even better!

#9 ·
Can I join the tired and cranky club? My sweet, gentle, 2nd child has turned into the devil...definitely testing every boundary. Other than that, things are going relatively smooth here. Tanner is eating and sleeping well and unbelievably going to be six weeks old this Wed...SIX WEEKS OLD!! How did that happen? Time is going way too fast for me right now *sigh*. Hang in pregnant mamas - it can't be much longer!! Can't wait to read your birth stories!

#10 ·
I actually went out today! I have been home a lot so going out was kind of a big deal! I started getting all crampy and wanted to come home! but I am glad I got out for a while.
Saw the midwife. It is odd because on their little wheel thing they say if I conceived on June 3rd then my 40 week date is Feb 27th- though I know it is feb 24th- also a wednesday, and I know 100% I conceived on a wednesday June 3rd. SO whatever- I know I am 40 wks +6 days but she says they have it as 40 wks + 3days. whatever!

Anyway- feels like somehting is gonna happen soon over here.

#12 ·
Hi OlyR!
How is your little baby?! How is motherhood?
Yeah, I think we had the same "due date". How old is your baby now?

It's funny but all along I had a feeling I would go to at Least 41 weeks (or longer). But who knows! I am totally happy with how it is going right now.

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
Hi OlyR!
How is your little baby?! How is motherhood?
Yeah, I think we had the same "due date". How old is your baby now?

It's funny but all along I had a feeling I would go to at Least 41 weeks (or longer). But who knows! I am totally happy with how it is going right now.
yep, I went back and forth between 2.23 and 2.24 - I think it's better to be prepared to go late, I felt fine and was prepared to fight induction as long as possible (after the pre-e scare) but always thought I would go early, but just kept trying to tell myself I would be ok if it didn't happen. Glad he was a little early - 9lb 1oz is a lot of baby

Jack is 1 week and 4 days old and I'm so in love. Happy thoughts to you and it won't be long until you get to meet your baby!

#14 ·
I'm here! 40 weeks today!

I slept better last night....not as much of the prodromal stuff. I should have gone to bed earlier though...

I have a midwife appt tomorrow, and the doula is going to try to come with her, so I'm excited about that! I really like the doula....she's a super calm, blood-pressure-lowering kind of person!
She's also a CPM (but has a 3 mo, so isn't working as a mw right now!) so I'm kinda getting an extra MW for the price of a doula! Woot!

And where my mw is very energetic--almost brings a sort of nervous energy to the party--the doula is a good contrast to her. Together, I think they will provide a very good balance. That energy isn't a bad thing, and it could prove to be very encouraging to me during labor, but I feel very comforted knowing the doula will be here to balance it with calm reassurance.

Anyway, at the appt tomorrow, I'm going to let her do a vaginal exam. Not because I think it will tell us much (except I'm very curious to know baby's head position--he has been rotating from ROA to ROP, but also fairly well engaged at our last appt. So I'd like to know what his actual head position is--is he more inclined to stay ROA, or to settle ROP? She'll check for the ridges and fontanels, as well as cervical dilation. WRT dilation, I don't care about a number, but I'm hoping that the exam might annoy my cervix enough to get things going. I'm not talking about a sweep&strip at this point, but sometimes just a check can give an extra nudge if things are on the brink.

If I make it through tomorrow, I will be the most pregnant I've ever been in my life!

#16 ·
How annoying. Midwife called and wants to reschedule our appt--supposed to be tomorrow, and she wants to wait until Thursday (they are trying to buy a house and having issues with the seller/closing/etc.). Not a huge deal, except that I started losing a significant amount of mucus this afternoon, and I've been having ctx all afternoon/evening. Not serious ones yet--only lasting 20-30 seconds--but pretty regular and becoming quite uncomfortable. Radiating to my back & thighs.

I was all geared up for having a baby tomorrow! And now I feel obligated to ask baby to wait until Thursday!
Okay, not really, but knowing she's got other things on her mind does sorta cast a shadow on it for me, KWIM? Meh.

Baby will come when he comes, and my plans and her house issues be durned!

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SheBear View Post
How annoying. Midwife called and wants to reschedule our appt--supposed to be tomorrow, and she wants to wait until Thursday (they are trying to buy a house and having issues with the seller/closing/etc.). Not a huge deal, except that I started losing a significant amount of mucus this afternoon, and I've been having ctx all afternoon/evening. Not serious ones yet--only lasting 20-30 seconds--but pretty regular and becoming quite uncomfortable. Radiating to my back & thighs.

I was all geared up for having a baby tomorrow! And now I feel obligated to ask baby to wait until Thursday!
Okay, not really, but knowing she's got other things on her mind does sorta cast a shadow on it for me, KWIM? Meh.

Baby will come when he comes, and my plans and her house issues be durned!

Ha! Didn't need that appt anyway
Congratulations!

#20 ·
Hello! Congrats to all the moms who just had their babies in the last couple of days!

So who is still pregnant with me?!

I feel good. Last night I thought something might be starting as I had a couple hours of really major baby movement that felt like ripples going downwards. It petered off while I slept. I think it was the baby going down into a lower position maybe.
Anyway- still feeling happy. Excited. etcetera. Nice sunny day here -finally- after weeks of gray skies. Going to try to get out some. Not much else to say!

#21 ·
I'm still pregnant too. It's wonderfully sunny here also and DS and I are headed to storytime. My mom called and said she'd come with and then take us out to lunch - so that's really nice. It's still possible for me to carry him and get him in and out of the carseat, but it's so much nicer when someone else is doing it!

It's supposed to be *warm* out all week...woohoo! Maybe I'll have this baby on a nice spring day.

#23 ·
I am feeling like somehting could happen any second though. Just these huge movements- partially I guess cause baby is pretty big by now! but when he or she moves around I am like- okay- baby coming really soon. I do feel like I will have this baby today, tomorrow or the next day- pretty likely chance of that, anyway!

#24 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
Nicole730 How are you feeling? How many weeks are you right now?
I'm feeling pretty decent pregnancy-wise. I have a really clogged up nose (maybe sinuses, I've never had a sinus infection, but it's like a solid clog up there that won't really come out, plus I have some jaw pain)

I'm 40w4d.

Katie34 - I am sure you will be anytime now! Everytime I log on, I think for sure Katie will have had her baby

The pleasant weather is making the wait more bearable, because if baby was here, I probably wouldn't be getting out to enjoy it as much.

#26 ·
I'm 40w5d. I'm ready. And my girls are SOOOO ready. They're all on edge today it seems.

Every day for weeks I've thought, "Wow! This could be the day!" but it never is. So today I stopped hoping it would be the day. It could still be a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.