Postpartum Mama Weekly Check-In (March 1-March 7) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 33 Old 03-01-2010, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is it March already? Holy cow...

Hope all you Mamas are doing well!

We are hanging in there. I need to start working on bottle feeding with Felix as he'll start childcare soon. I am a little apprehensive, especially because he is a snacker, not a scheduled every 3 hour kinda kid. Guess he'll learn!

He is a lot like his brother in that if he is not being held, he is NOT happy. I know you cannot spoil a baby, but does anyone else have a lil one like this? It is endearing, until you have a screaming toddler, absent husband, pot of boiling pasta blowing over and crap strewn all about the house. Thank god for the Ergo carrier. This, of course, will not be the case when he goes to childcare. Perhaps I should send him in with ear plugs his first day...

Anyone have some cute pictures? Also, I'm also putting it out there again if you would like to be part of the facebook group, PM me with your e-mail that is associated with your FB profile. It's not such an active group right now, but I am assuming in time, a lot of stuff may transition over there.

Happy Monday Mamas!

Ali: Proud mother to Miles 05.16.08 and boy #2Felix 01.04.2010.
#2 of 33 Old 03-02-2010, 11:11 AM

i agree bout fb. nak. i posted some pix on there...

u r in a hard situation right now. sending u lots of xoxo.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
#3 of 33 Old 03-02-2010, 11:41 AM

Ooops, posted this on the old thread, so here it is again:

So for those of you who like hearing this stuff, took Shane and Caleb in to see the doctor yesterday.

Shane had to get his stitches out. Just like getting them in he didn't seem to care. He just lay there and let the doctor poke at him (one of the stitches had gotten stuck in the scab) and talked about the Cheerios the nurse in the ER gave him.

Caleb had his one month appointment. He weighs 11 lbs. 11 oz. (roughly 90th percentile), height is 22.25" (80th percentile, but I'm not sure how well she stretched him), and head is 16" (top of the chart). Our doctor waits until 2 months to start shots, so none of those. I was super paranoid about the weight gain (who wouldn't be after Athena) since he'd only gained 3 oz. in a week, but the doctor said that between the fact that he still had a onesie on for WIC, it's different scales, and he's on the same spot on the chart he was at 2 weeks ago he isn't worried at all. So overall everything looked good.

I must have looked pretty funny though - after the appointment I took the boys (still so weird to say that - boys) to the grocery store with me. Being that it was after 4 the checkout line was insane, and Caleb started SCREAMING. I already had him in the mei tai because he'd been fussing earlier, this time he was HUNGRY. I was wearing a nursing shirt, but it was one of those with the false layers where you lift one up and there are the slits underneath. So here I am, in line at the grocery store. First I'm wiggling all over trying to get the one layer lifted up, the slit in the right spot, my bra undone, and the nipple shield in place (Keep in mind that all the while this was happening I was wearing the mei tai, bouncing around and going "shshsh" and Caleb is screaming like I'm murdering him or something, .) Then I have to loosen up the mei tai so that I can wiggle it over to my hip and down so his head is level with my boob. Then I had to get his bobbly head latched on (which isn't easy when he's mad). Then I had to get it retied so it was tight. I got some weird looks from the other people in line. The lady behind me even said that she would have found a place to sit down (she was nice enough to help me put my groceries on the belt so I wasn't flashing everyone over the top of the mei tai every time I bent over). I told her I'd already been waiting 20 minutes, and if I'd gotten out of line, fed him, and got back in behind the dozen or so people behind me I'd be at the store for at least another hour - not something I was willing to do! So what should have been a quick run in for half a dozen items became one very flamboyant NIP session!

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
#4 of 33 Old 03-02-2010, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
nicole! awesome!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#5 of 33 Old 03-02-2010, 02:15 PM

Hi everyone...we're here...and alive. At this point it is sort of the goal, I think.
Tucker is two weeks old as of yesterday. He's doing well...I'm still struggling with The Blues...does anyone have any experience with this? I had a touch of it after my first, but this time...woah. I cry constantly and basically have this feeling of guilt that its MY fault that we ended up with a c-section, I rushed him out of the womb, etc. etc....last night I finally read some of the things I had written when he was just a day old and it helped to hear what I was feeling in the moment...ironically those writings reflect VERY little blaming of myself, the Dr., etc...I just don't quite know what to make of this. I don't have any urges to hurt myself or the baby, I'm able to find some pleasure in life (the other three kids keep me laughing despite my incision)...is this more than just The Blues or what? If it is more than The Blues, what are some natural ways to help depression?
#6 of 33 Old 03-02-2010, 02:50 PM

I think I might have the calmest newborn ever. It's totally unnerving after DD1who screamed most of the day and I couldn't do ANYTHING but try to soothe her. She fed constantly and screamed and screamed. Today she is fantastic, BTW. I never believed someone on the planet had a calm baby who barely cries and sleeps long stretches. She wakes up every 3-4 hours, feeds, and then goes back to sleep. I'm trying to still put her in a carrier and give her attention. Is it horrible I wonder if something is wrong with her? The midwives are reassuring me she seems perfectly normal. I'm thinking there might still be a carry-over from the jaundice. We've been out of the hospital for a week, though. Maybe this is just her personality? Why can't I just relax? After DD1, I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Meanwhile, DD1 is sick with another horrible cold and so am I. Coughing and sneezing 2 weeks after a c-section kind of sucks. I'm sore still. I can't decide if a c-section is better or worse than a 4th degree tear. Maybe in a month I'll decide it's better? Right now it still kind of sucks, though.

I am really worn out still. I'm trying to think what I might be deficient in. Sleep is ok- I'm just knackered.

Maggie, American expat, mother to DD1 5/27/2007 and DD2 2/15/2010
#7 of 33 Old 03-02-2010, 03:39 PM

I'm tired. I'm ticked-off. Everything sucks right now. Hmph. (PPD is kicking my a$$ and I don't have support.) But the midwife/LC comes tomorrow. I will beg her for help.

Meanwhile, I DO have some new pics of Juju.

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
#8 of 33 Old 03-02-2010, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleS View Post
Ooops, posted this on the old thread, so here it is again:

So for those of you who like hearing this stuff, took Shane and Caleb in to see the doctor yesterday.

Shane had to get his stitches out. Just like getting them in he didn't seem to care. He just lay there and let the doctor poke at him (one of the stitches had gotten stuck in the scab) and talked about the Cheerios the nurse in the ER gave him.

Caleb had his one month appointment. He weighs 11 lbs. 11 oz. (roughly 90th percentile), height is 22.25" (80th percentile, but I'm not sure how well she stretched him), and head is 16" (top of the chart). Our doctor waits until 2 months to start shots, so none of those. I was super paranoid about the weight gain (who wouldn't be after Athena) since he'd only gained 3 oz. in a week, but the doctor said that between the fact that he still had a onesie on for WIC, it's different scales, and he's on the same spot on the chart he was at 2 weeks ago he isn't worried at all. So overall everything looked good.

I must have looked pretty funny though - after the appointment I took the boys (still so weird to say that - boys) to the grocery store with me. Being that it was after 4 the checkout line was insane, and Caleb started SCREAMING. I already had him in the mei tai because he'd been fussing earlier, this time he was HUNGRY. I was wearing a nursing shirt, but it was one of those with the false layers where you lift one up and there are the slits underneath. So here I am, in line at the grocery store. First I'm wiggling all over trying to get the one layer lifted up, the slit in the right spot, my bra undone, and the nipple shield in place (Keep in mind that all the while this was happening I was wearing the mei tai, bouncing around and going "shshsh" and Caleb is screaming like I'm murdering him or something, .) Then I have to loosen up the mei tai so that I can wiggle it over to my hip and down so his head is level with my boob. Then I had to get his bobbly head latched on (which isn't easy when he's mad). Then I had to get it retied so it was tight. I got some weird looks from the other people in line. The lady behind me even said that she would have found a place to sit down (she was nice enough to help me put my groceries on the belt so I wasn't flashing everyone over the top of the mei tai every time I bent over). I told her I'd already been waiting 20 minutes, and if I'd gotten out of line, fed him, and got back in behind the dozen or so people behind me I'd be at the store for at least another hour - not something I was willing to do! So what should have been a quick run in for half a dozen items became one very flamboyant NIP session!
That was the best story, ever. I could picture it well--and KUDOS to you for nursing in the carrier. You are inspiring me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylsc View Post
Hi everyone...we're here...and alive. At this point it is sort of the goal, I think.
Tucker is two weeks old as of yesterday. He's doing well...I'm still struggling with The Blues...does anyone have any experience with this? I had a touch of it after my first, but this time...woah. I cry constantly and basically have this feeling of guilt that its MY fault that we ended up with a c-section, I rushed him out of the womb, etc. etc....last night I finally read some of the things I had written when he was just a day old and it helped to hear what I was feeling in the moment...ironically those writings reflect VERY little blaming of myself, the Dr., etc...I just don't quite know what to make of this. I don't have any urges to hurt myself or the baby, I'm able to find some pleasure in life (the other three kids keep me laughing despite my incision)...is this more than just The Blues or what? If it is more than The Blues, what are some natural ways to help depression?
Are you going to see your provider any time soon? New mommies are so tough on themselves, and it sounds like over time, you are having a hard time reconciling not having the birth you had wanted. Please know that it is our jobs as moms to do what is best for our children, but sometimes what is best for our children is taking care of ourselves, first! I like that you have gone back to your old writings. I would continue to do so. I know that you have lots on your plate, but do you get the chance to get outside and exercise? Even go for a walk around the 'hood? I think perhaps getting out and about might be good for the emotions. And also confiding in a friend about your feelings. Letting yourself have those emotions--journal about it, process it, and then perhaps let it go. It sounds dumb, but sometimes I write things down, tear out the pages and then intentionally throw the paper away. It's like I try to physically expunge certain negative feelings I have. I do hope that your feelings are fleeting and soon you can feel the haze lifted. Do ask for help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biennourri View Post
I think I might have the calmest newborn ever. It's totally unnerving after DD1who screamed most of the day and I couldn't do ANYTHING but try to soothe her. She fed constantly and screamed and screamed. Today she is fantastic, BTW. I never believed someone on the planet had a calm baby who barely cries and sleeps long stretches. She wakes up every 3-4 hours, feeds, and then goes back to sleep. I'm trying to still put her in a carrier and give her attention. Is it horrible I wonder if something is wrong with her? The midwives are reassuring me she seems perfectly normal. I'm thinking there might still be a carry-over from the jaundice. We've been out of the hospital for a week, though. Maybe this is just her personality? Why can't I just relax? After DD1, I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Meanwhile, DD1 is sick with another horrible cold and so am I. Coughing and sneezing 2 weeks after a c-section kind of sucks. I'm sore still. I can't decide if a c-section is better or worse than a 4th degree tear. Maybe in a month I'll decide it's better? Right now it still kind of sucks, though.

I am really worn out still. I'm trying to think what I might be deficient in. Sleep is ok- I'm just knackered.
It is amazing how personalities can be different. If she is peeing, pooping ,eating and sleeping...I wouldn't worry! just worry about all the other moms who are going to be jealous of your chill baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramat View Post
I'm tired. I'm ticked-off. Everything sucks right now. Hmph. (PPD is kicking my a$$ and I don't have support.) But the midwife/LC comes tomorrow. I will beg her for help.

Meanwhile, I DO have some new pics of Juju.
Oh, Tamara! My heart aches for you. What is the status with the hubs? Is he still with you guys? Let us know how the appt with the MW/LC goes! And I know that juju is small, but she totally has milk cheeks! And oh my gosh are those pictures amazing. Her personality is so apparent. She just has the most animated face ever. thinking of you!!!

#9 of 33 Old 03-02-2010, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
aramat what a beautiful, vibrant, clear and expressive face Juju has! I think she is so beautiful and she has such a great personality on her face- so much clarity and expression!
#10 of 33 Old 03-02-2010, 04:41 PM

Juju really is amazing...thinkig of you, aramat.
#11 of 33 Old 03-02-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ficus View Post
That was the best story, ever. I could picture it well--and KUDOS to you for nursing in the carrier. You are inspiring me!
Thanks. I've come a long way...with my first I wouldn't NIP unless I could hide in a corner somewhere and keep a blanket over us.

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
#12 of 33 Old 03-02-2010, 10:12 PM

Wow, I did not know this about Juju; I will tell her when she wakes up as soon as I put her down in a minute. Thanks, you guys!

Husband is still here... *zipping lips*

(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
#13 of 33 Old 03-03-2010, 12:23 AM

Ficus - Hang in there and try not to worry too much about daycare...I think babies make much different demands on their mamas than they do of anyone else.

stacylsc and amarat, hang in there with the PPD. It is not easy, even when things go as planned and you have help, so please be kind to yourselves. (((Hugs)))

biennourri - I hope you and your DD feel better soon!!

NicoleS - Rock on!!!

AFM - Yesterday was a challenging day...Miranda didn't sleep from 3 pm to midnight!! Well, she did fall asleep at least 5 different times, but never stayed asleep for more than 10 minutes. Today she is back to her calm self...alert and happy in between 2+ hour naps, nursing and then going back to sleep easily. We gave her her first tub bath, since her cord fell off last week. She is 3 weeks today!! I will post a link to pics of the bath when I get them uploaded.

Hugs to all!

Miranda's first bath!

Amy, proud Mama to my girls Natalie (12/7/06) and Miranda (2/9/10).
#14 of 33 Old 03-03-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramat View Post
Wow, I did not know this about Juju; I will tell her when she wakes up as soon as I put her down in a minute. Thanks, you guys!

Husband is still here... *zipping lips*
Been concerned for you. You really need to get what ever help for the PPD you can- ASAP!

Juju is so big and cute now!!

Maggie, American expat, mother to DD1 5/27/2007 and DD2 2/15/2010
#15 of 33 Old 03-03-2010, 02:50 PM

Ficus, I couldn't get a PM through about the fb group. says your box is full.

#16 of 33 Old 03-03-2010, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leila1213 View Post
Ficus, I couldn't get a PM through about the fb group. says your box is full.

Try again. I just deleted a bunch of messages. It doesn't allow you very many!

#17 of 33 Old 03-03-2010, 03:18 PM

Hi everybody. Nazim is 10 days old now and seems to have missed the memo about newborns sleeping all the time. He kept us up all night last night. Since he was born, he hasn't slept much, and cries/acts hungry all the time. The ped advised us to supplement formula, and that worked to help him sleep for about 4-5 days. But yesterday we went back to his old pattern. He spent ALL night on the boob, otherwise would scream bloody murder. And he seemed to be sucking and swallowing the whole time, not just comfort sucking. Who knows, not me. Anyone else with a babe who doesn't want to sleep??
#18 of 33 Old 03-03-2010, 06:12 PM

I'm sorry for you mamas dealing with the blues and PPD. Hope you get the help and support you need!

I've been having some trouble adjusting, but I don't think it's PPD...I think it's pretty normal considering our circumstances right now. DH has been great, very supportive and encouraging.

Robbie is just such a wonderful baby! So even tempered. And, much to my relief, he loves being worn!! I am having fun wearing him in my Moby and sling, and am plotting on how to get more carriers. I can't get anything done without them (unless I put him in the bouncy seat ALL day, which ain't gonna happen!) so I think that means I need MORE! hahaha.

Starting to finally feel almost normal. Almost.

Sabrina loving wife to Nate , frazzled mom to Gabriella (1-23-07) and Robert (2-9-10) My bed and heart are overflowing!
#19 of 33 Old 03-03-2010, 07:40 PM

So bleeding is starting to taper off finally at 6 wk pp! I can't believe it has been 6wks! Malachi is growing so fast, 11+lbs now and we are starting to get into the swing of things. I have started to think a lot about our big move to NY in september. Part of me is freaking out bc I hadn't really thought about it before malachi was born and I don't want to leave family and friends and then part of me thinks it will be really cool. I don't know, just really struggling with being ok with it.
In other news, Malachi has been sleeping a lot these past two days. I know I should just enjoy it bc it won't always last but I keep checking to see if he feels warm or sounds congested. Peeing is the same but pooping has changed in freq and consistency. I was on antibiotics for 7D for mastitis and I think this is affecting his poop but I don't know. sigh, I just worry abt him ykwim?
To all the mamas facing the blues and more, lots of hugs! I felt really emotional, heck, I still do, and it can be really hard. Hope things start to brighten up.
Here are some updated pics of my little guy
smiling at daddy
sleeping w daddy
good morning mom

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#20 of 33 Old 03-03-2010, 10:22 PM

Love and hugs to the mamas dealing with the blues.

And love those cute baby pictures!!

Nicole, I loved you NIP story.

We're doing okay as of tonight. Been a rough few days. We were discharged from the hospital on the day I was wanting to go, although late in the day. But home has been a bit rough. In-laws are here constantly, and although I love them, they can be a bit much in such an intense time. Then we took baby for mandatory weight-check (because he was still losing weight when we left the hospital) and he was waaaaaay down, more then a pound from his birth weight and he looked parched. The nurse/LC at my ped is very understanding, and agrees it is because he wasn't allowed to nurse for 24 hours (they tube-fed him) and my milk was taking its time coming in, and because he wasn't getting enough calories he was really, really sleepy. Plus she thinks (and I agree) that he's trying to sleep off the trauma after his birth, when they took him away from me for a whole day and had him taped and wired up and in a layette in their special care unit. So he was basically parched, dehydrated, losing weight rapidly, and even when he was waking and rooting, he'd get so horrifyingly gassy that he'd cry himself back to sleep without eating. (The gas has gone way down now--I'm sure it was related to whatever they've done to f-up his gut in the hospital by the tube feeding and the antibiotics.) So I spent 24 hours basically tied to the bed with the baby, doing whatever we could to get food down him. We cuddled shirtless, my milk finally started to come in, and my SIL brought me a bottle of her pumped breastmilk, which I mixed with some of my pumped colostrum and after he'd finish at the breast, I'd top him off with the bottle until he refused to eat any more. The good news is, it worked!! We went in for weight check today, and they'd hoped he'd gain maybe an ounce--he'd gained THREE! He seems to be perking up now. His parched little mouth is juicing up, and he's spending more time awake but quiet, and today he's nursing really well, so we're not supplementing any more. I'm so relieved. It all just felt so sad--I know he really did need some special care there in the beginning (he totally didn't "pink up," he basically "purpled down") but after they flushed him out and worked on his lungs for a while, he was breathing well on his own and should have been returned to me much earlier. But anyway, things are looking better this evening.

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#21 of 33 Old 03-03-2010, 10:50 PM

Happileigh, how scary! But sounds like you've got it under control now. Eat, baby, eat!

Sooo, I spoke with my midwife/LC about my low milk supply today, and the verdict is...[drumroll]...no, not retained membranes...no, not low iron...no, baby does not have a weak suck...it really looks like my low supply is just due to not being able to nurse her for her first few days of life. My body was given some mixed signals, and I didn't take the pumping seriously enough. We think. So, ramping up the galactogogues, trying to fit in some pumping here and there (although, really, the girl is nursing so non-stop, she never leaves with time OR milk to pump), and going to TRY breastfeeding with tube supplementation instead of supplementing with bottles, so that she doesn't end up rejecting the breast. Right now, we're doing pretty well, because both she and the doctor said 200mL of formula a day "isn't THAT much", and because Julianna at this point still prefers the breast. Although she got really ticked-off when I tried supplementing with the tube today...hopefully we'll get the hang of it tomorrow. If everything goes quite well, maybe in a month (at the earliest), my supply will catch up and we'll no longer need the supplements.

In terms of the PPD, I'm going to see the OB that assisted in Juju's birth and see what she can do for me.

Yesterday was such a horrible, hormonal day for me. Today was hard, too, but seeing my midwife again really lifted my spirits. I love her and wish she lived closer to us!

(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
#22 of 33 Old 03-04-2010, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiLeigh View Post
Love and hugs to the mamas dealing with the blues.

And love those cute baby pictures!!

Nicole, I loved you NIP story.

We're doing okay as of tonight. Been a rough few days. We were discharged from the hospital on the day I was wanting to go, although late in the day. But home has been a bit rough. In-laws are here constantly, and although I love them, they can be a bit much in such an intense time. Then we took baby for mandatory weight-check (because he was still losing weight when we left the hospital) and he was waaaaaay down, more then a pound from his birth weight and he looked parched. The nurse/LC at my ped is very understanding, and agrees it is because he wasn't allowed to nurse for 24 hours (they tube-fed him) and my milk was taking its time coming in, and because he wasn't getting enough calories he was really, really sleepy. Plus she thinks (and I agree) that he's trying to sleep off the trauma after his birth, when they took him away from me for a whole day and had him taped and wired up and in a layette in their special care unit. So he was basically parched, dehydrated, losing weight rapidly, and even when he was waking and rooting, he'd get so horrifyingly gassy that he'd cry himself back to sleep without eating. (The gas has gone way down now--I'm sure it was related to whatever they've done to f-up his gut in the hospital by the tube feeding and the antibiotics.) So I spent 24 hours basically tied to the bed with the baby, doing whatever we could to get food down him. We cuddled shirtless, my milk finally started to come in, and my SIL brought me a bottle of her pumped breastmilk, which I mixed with some of my pumped colostrum and after he'd finish at the breast, I'd top him off with the bottle until he refused to eat any more. The good news is, it worked!! We went in for weight check today, and they'd hoped he'd gain maybe an ounce--he'd gained THREE! He seems to be perking up now. His parched little mouth is juicing up, and he's spending more time awake but quiet, and today he's nursing really well, so we're not supplementing any more. I'm so relieved. It all just felt so sad--I know he really did need some special care there in the beginning (he totally didn't "pink up," he basically "purpled down") but after they flushed him out and worked on his lungs for a while, he was breathing well on his own and should have been returned to me much earlier. But anyway, things are looking better this evening.
(((hugs)))

#23 of 33 Old 03-07-2010, 01:30 PM

We're here! A week and a half old now, and I'm feeling pretty good. I can actually sit here at the computer for more than a few minutes, which is nice. I'm feeling really lucky - it looks like we've somehow gotten TWO easy babies. This new one is maybe even calmer than his big brother, which I didn't think was possible. He almost only cries when we're doing horrible things to him like changing his diaper.

I am having just a tiny bit of trouble with nursing - now that my milk is really coming in, I feel like I'm drowning him every time he tries to nurse. He coughs and gasps and spits up a lot... I've heard you can express a little milk to get the first gush over with before nursing, but I'm afraid that I'll start making even more milk if I do. *shrug* It's a good problem to have, I guess, so no real complaints.
#24 of 33 Old 03-07-2010, 07:13 PM

checking in really quick. Jack is doing great, he was up over 1 lb since his discharge and first appointment (at 5 days old). I am going to try out the breast pump in the next week or so, for some reason I'm kind of scared/intimidated by it.

My in-laws are still here and I'm managing ok. But DH just had to leave town for 3 nights for a trial so I'm left here with HIS family - that should be interesting. My mom took my in-laws shopping out of town today so I could have some alone time with Jack and DH before he had to leave, that was a wonderful plan. Now that DH has left I'm enjoying me and baby time (he's snuggled in the moby right now) and I'm looking forward to alone time again having my house back once ILs leave.

Jack's birth announcements came and I love them, I have been working on addressing the envelopes while he's sleeping because I'm so excited to send them out.
#25 of 33 Old 03-07-2010, 09:29 PM

just a couple of min to catch up but went to see my mw for a f/u appt. I have 8.5 lbs to go to pre pg wt and malachi is now at 11lbs 5.5oz! He will be 7wks on mon. I am so proud, grow baby grow still bleeding but lighter, makes a huge difference to drink rrl tea. mw checked everything and after the internal she said "it's almost as if you never had a baby" ehem ha! i know what she was saying but for real? so, anyone dtd yet? i am curious and a little scared to. the internal didnt hurt at all so that is encouraging. i am gng to wait until bleeding is done but i am starting to think abt it again...anyone else?

#26 of 33 Old 03-07-2010, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavorfull1 View Post
just a couple of min to catch up but went to see my mw for a f/u appt. I have 8.5 lbs to go to pre pg wt and malachi is now at 11lbs 5.5oz! He will be 7wks on mon. I am so proud, grow baby grow still bleeding but lighter, makes a huge difference to drink rrl tea. mw checked everything and after the internal she said "it's almost as if you never had a baby" ehem ha! i know what she was saying but for real? so, anyone dtd yet? i am curious and a little scared to. the internal didnt hurt at all so that is encouraging. i am gng to wait until bleeding is done but i am starting to think abt it again...anyone else?
I was surprised at my 6 week f/u the doctor said, "you still have quite a bit of healing to do." He also said, "Good thing you have small babies. If you decide to have another baby, and you go full term, we may have to talk about alternative birth options." It was kind of in jest, but basically, I think my pelvis and whatever he saw down south makes him think it would be a little challenging to deliver a big baby.

I only had a first degree tear, but I guess I wasn't healing well. He suggested I wait a little bit to DTD, but I didn't listen. And you know what? It wasn't bad at all! It was actually worse with the first one. I asked DH if itlooked bad, and he said "just uneven." I just recommend some good lube, slow approach and minimal expectations.

#27 of 33 Old 03-08-2010, 12:48 PM

We did it yesterday, three weeks postpartum. It was really fine. I haven't felt sore from my tear since the first week. Any lingering soreness I have is a (rare) dull ache.

Blair, mom to the amazing Nora (8/06) ribboncesarean.gif, sweet Anneliese (2/10) vbac.gif, and super Henry (8/12) vbac.gif

#28 of 33 Old 03-08-2010, 01:07 PM

nak.
/raising hand. yep. we dtd. use lube (we used coconut oil), go slow...stop if you need to. just be gentle.

I'm all excited cause i was able to go to the mikvah 1 month and 3 days post birth! (that means spotting/bleeding was over 7 days b4 that) and yea, i credit rrl tincture 4 that.

#29 of 33 Old 03-08-2010, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Do all you postpartum moms want to come over to the new weekly chat thread? I feel lonely over there! As I am the only or one of the only non post partum folks left, I don't need a thread all to myself, so maybe we could just have one weekly chat thread again which is postpartum plus the stray pregnant lady?
what do you think?!
#30 of 33 Old 03-08-2010, 02:45 PM

Poor Katie, are you really the only one left? I think one weekly chat would be fine.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page