Weekly chat thread (for everyone!) March 8 - March 14th - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 63 Old 03-15-2010, 07:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavorfull1 View Post
that would be my guess, esp since it is in a place where the corner of his mouth sometimes hits and he has a really tight suck bc he has a tight frenulum. I'm not too worried but what do they do if that is it? I already tried pumping, changing his positions, warm water, frequent nursings etc?
I have always struggled with plugged ducts. This time I'm taking Lecithin, and it helps SO much. As long as I take 1200 mg 3x daily I don't get plugged ducts.

Chai, DS (3/05) and DS (2/10)
#62 of 63 Old 03-15-2010, 08:59 AM

Does anyone else feel weird clicking on the I'm Pregnant link to get to our DDC? I tried my best to embrace pregnancy while I was actually pregnant, but now I am right back to where I started. The thought of being pregnant again scares me and I have a hard time reading birth stories because they remind me of my experience. I hate the thought of having a contraction ever again! Although maybe it's just me...

I am happy to report that things are going great with baby Iago! DH and I are in love. He is amazing, really. So far, since we brought him home, he has been sleeping through the night! Who knows if it will last, but for now I am thrilled! He is really filling out too, which is great. The midwives warned me at the hospital to feed as much as possible. Here in France you have to do obligatory weekly weigh-ins and that sometimes they can bring a lot of stress if a baby doesn't gain accordingly. I am happy to report that Iago was way over his birth weight at 12 days! He is already starting to outgrow his first outfits.

Ok, I will try and finish writing his birth story and post it asap.

Here is a pic from the hospital: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...a&id=867990276

My family = me + dh & ds +
#63 of 63 Old 03-15-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramat View Post
Was just thinking about this for some reason, so logged-on to comment. Next pregnancy, I'm thinking it might be good to look into a gestational diabetes diet. Not saying it's GD, but that would be a good diet to follow for the goal of growing a not-too-large but still very healthy baby.
How well would this actually work I wonder? I didn't gain a bunch of weight (about 30 pounds total) and my sugars were fine...

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page