Headaches Anyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-11-2010, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just realized I've had this headache for about 3 days...I think? )The days kinda all flow together.) It goes off and on from a light dull ache to a more sharp pain throughout the day. Is this normal? Maybe sleep deprivation? Not enough water? Hormones?

What should I do about it? Dh says to call my CNM but I feel like she'll just give me pain meds and I already decided to stop taking the ibuprofen because I think it was hurting my stomach.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 03-11-2010, 08:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yup - I know mine are a combination of hormonal changes (I'm REALLY sensitive to hormonal changes) and lack of sleep. Unfortunately not much I can do about either. And I've already been seeing a neurologist, and if you are pregnant or breastfeeding it is very limited what they can give you, beyond painkillers, for them...

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
#3 of 6 Old 03-11-2010, 08:53 PM

for me it was a combo of dehydration and hormones. It got a little better as my hormones regulated but I still really have to stay on top of water.

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#4 of 6 Old 03-11-2010, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

How much water do you drink per day?
#5 of 6 Old 03-11-2010, 09:34 PM

I have them too....hormones, sleep, three kids running around, working from home, dehydration...I drink nearly a gallon a day and that helps TONS...I don't really care for water (I know that sounds weird), so I add fruits to the water and get it flavored...hope you can get relief soon...also, making sure you're eating enough and that your blood sugar isn't getting too low...it can be easy to overlook getting enough food with everything else that's going on.
#6 of 6 Old 03-11-2010, 11:54 PM

I had them too the first few weeks. I've been chugging water, but mostly attributed them to hormones. The beginning of this pregnancy was riddled with headaches too

Passionate homemaking wash.gif dishes.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifmama to Christopher (11/07), Evan (2/10), and Wyatt due in July!! jumpers.gif  In love with my amazing husband <3

***4***8***12***16***stork-boy.gif***24***28***32***36***40**  Praying for a vbac.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page