period or lochia? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-21-2010, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I'm 4.5 weeks pp and my lochia had slowed down to pretty much nothing about a week ago (just brown spotting). Well, a couple of days ago, I started having bright red bleeding like a period-not super-heavy, but definitely like a regular period flow. I haven't really had much cramping, just some light discomfort randomly.

Does anyone have experience with your period coming back quicky pp. I mean, to say we're BFing on demand is an understatement--he eats round the clock.

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
#2 of 7 Old 03-22-2010, 04:11 PM

Some people get pregnant before their baby's hit two months, so it is possible for you to have your period. But, I'd say that would be really, really soon! My period came back at 3 months PP last time, and I was also nursing on demand, pretty much every 2 hours.

My midwife told me that I might see a bright red filled pad sometime after my bleeding slows down, but it should only be one and then go away. So I guess just monitor it and also - see if it comes back next month

Mama to three

#3 of 7 Old 03-22-2010, 04:50 PM

I did the same thing at 5 weeks pp. Bleeding was done but then I had one gush of bright red blood one time and it went away. Then I got an IUD and I have been bleeding ever since.

I'm Valerie bfinfant.gif wife to a United States Navy sailor, mom to Audreygeek.gif(6/01), Lydiathumbsuck.gif(4/08)   Jethrobabyf.gif(1/10) and Vivian babygirl.gif (6/11) novaxnocirc.gifcd.gif

#4 of 7 Old 03-23-2010, 11:31 AM

Sounds period-like to me...
#5 of 7 Old 03-23-2010, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylsc View Post
Sounds period-like to me...
That's what I'm afraid of. Oh well, at least I could more easily track ovulation so we don't have Irish twins or an oopsie in a couple of months.

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
#6 of 7 Old 03-29-2010, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
My lochia was almost gone at 6 weeks, then I had light period bleeding for 2 days. It was right at my OB follow-up and she said it looked like a period. Her explanation is that sometimes bfing moms can get a small period around this time due to changes in hormones. I am nursing every 1.5 - 3 hours 24/7, so she thinks there is a good chance I won't get another period for quite a while still. With my luck, it will be here next month.

Stephanie MC 11/22/06 Jackson born 02/05/10 MC 07/14/14
#7 of 7 Old 03-29-2010, 03:52 PM

Not sure...before 6 weeks is usually still lochia, which can definitely come and go.

My lochia was on and off for six weeks this time. At 7 weeks pp, it was gone for a few days like usual, then came back--but this time it looked and smelled like a period, not the lochia, and came with light PMS symptoms/light cramps. Happened again at 10 weeks. MW said it sounded like a period. I'd also been having problems with breastmilk supply & hormones, so more likely for me.

I've had retained membranes before which gave some spotty pp cramping, but it didn't really resemble PMS.

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page