Double Strollers - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-23-2010, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi - I was wondering if all you smart women could give me some advice on double strollers. I have a 3 year old and just had my son 5 weeks ago. I think I need a double stroller. At the moment I can carry my son and push my daughter in our single stroller, but once I have them both at home (my daughter is still in daycare for now) I would like to be able to be out all day with both kids, with a place to put both down.

The 2 strollers I like are the Graco IPO Twin and the Maclaren double stroller. Do any of you have these strollers? Any words of advice?

Thanks,
Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2010, 08:36 PM

I've not tried either of those, but given that your daughter is already 3 I wanted to recommend the Joovy Sit and Stand. I have that one, and it is great - you can use the bucket carseat on the front or use the regular seat, and then the older child can sit/stand on the back. Or I would wear the baby and put the older child in the front and then use the back bench for a cooler or shopping bags...I used to walk my oldest to preschool - she would sit on the back, her sister (roughly 18 months at the time) would ride in the front, and then I'd wear the baby...plus I liked that it didn't take up any more room in my trunk than a typical travel system stroller

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
Old 03-23-2010, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the recommendation! I guess I need to decide if I need a place or them both to sleep, as my daughter still regularly sleeps in her stroller. But maybe you're right, a combination of stroller seat, standing and baby carrying may work.....
Old 03-24-2010, 11:50 AM

Oh, my three year old never slept in the stroller by that point! That was part of why I went with the sit and stand - she wanted to walk a lot but there were times where it just wasn't a good idea. I didn't want to waste money on one with two regular seats because I was afraid we wouldn't get any use out of it 6 months later. The one downside is the front seat of the Joovy does not recline flat - it reclines some, but not all the way down. That wasn't an issue for me, because like I said none of my kids slept in the stroller, but if yours do it might be...

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
Old 03-24-2010, 12:25 PM

No experience with those...do have the Instep double jogging stroller...love it...used to have one like the Graco Duo Glider...it all depends on what you want to do with them. We needed something for long walks, not for shopping, so we like the double jogger best...it simply handled better. It's funny how all kids are so different...my five year old was riding with the 2 yr old yesterday on our walk and I carried the baby (seven year old walked)...and the 5 yr. old fell asleep in there! Good luck, though...stroller buying is a tricky one!

User Tag List