My beautiful baby boy!!!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 54 Old 03-24-2010, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so happy for you! He's so adorable!

Dd Sydney 3/06 & Dd Lola 2/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 54 Old 03-24-2010, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
l
#33 of 54 Old 03-24-2010, 05:42 PM

You had us all worried there Katie! So glad all went well and looking forward to reading your full birth story.
#34 of 54 Old 03-24-2010, 10:20 PM

Katie I am soooo glad everything turned out great at the end! I (we) were so worried about you and your lo. He is absolutely adorable ! Can't wait to hear the full story.

Mom to 5 little angels in Texas and expecting another blessing in Summer 2012!!:

#35 of 54 Old 03-25-2010, 04:05 AM

Congratulations, Katie, and welcome to the world little man!!!

I'm so happy for you and your beautiful little boy. I'm sorry that it didn't turn out to be the birth you were hoping for, but I'm really glad that you ended up in a hospital that was kind and supportive. My love to you and your family as you recover and enjoy your babymoon!
#36 of 54 Old 03-25-2010, 05:08 AM

Katie--- I too am soooo happy that things are ok and your baby boy is healthy! He is adorable! Stop blaming yourself for things not going exactly how you wanted. You live and learn and the most important thing is that you are both healthy and thriving!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#37 of 54 Old 03-25-2010, 07:47 AM

mazel tov! hes perfect!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
#38 of 54 Old 03-25-2010, 08:53 AM

Congratulations, Katie! I too gave birth in a wonderful hospital with great doctors, MW's, nurses and LCs! My husband was really anti-hospital and wanted a homebirth like he had with his daughter. I was gestational diabetic and insurance wouldn't cover homebirth anyway. We had such a great experience at the hospital I chose that my husband has completely changed his mind and was so happy we were there. I pushed for 4.5 hours in every conceivable position and with all my might and we needed a c-section. She was stuck and I have no regrets. I think during pregnancy and birth it helps to be flexible on your expectations and what is and is not acceptable to you. The most important thing is a healthy mom and healthy baby.

We even drove over an hour to birth at a hospital that I was comfortable with. The local one doesn't have a great reputation for labor and delivery. Good hospitals are out there if you look. I am glad you had a good experience. Enjoy your baby boy!

Mommy to Violet Kisori born 3/3/10
#39 of 54 Old 03-25-2010, 01:41 PM

A story I chose NOT to share with you before your birth: We had a childbirth instructor who illustrated the necessity of having a safe place to birth by telling us that a mother cat could be in a warm, dark cardboard box and in the middle of a normal, productive labor -- but then if someone started banging on the side of the box to frighten her, her labor could stop -- to the detriment of her unborn kittens.

Katie, I was feeling faint every time I came to the board and didn't see an update from you!

Next time, I'm sure you'll have a caregiver you really trust from the beginning. SO glad you and your son are well!

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
#40 of 54 Old 03-25-2010, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
thanks everyone. It is really truly a miracle that he turned out so well and healthy. I don't know what I would have done if it hadn't worked out. It is really a blessing that it worked out this well.
I am very grateful.
Now that I actually KNOW him, I would have done everything differently! I never would have taken the stupid chances I did. I was so naive and idealistic about the whole thing. Somehow until I heard his first cry it was still all just such a concept to me that there was an actual baby in there. I have shed many tears over my mistakes and like I said, am completely changed form it.
Thank you for all your prayers and well wishes for me and my boy- I bet they helped us! For my next baby- they said to wait 18 months past c section to get pregnant, I am going to try for a v bac but do it in the wonderful hospital where he was born. Lots of lessons learned and again I am so grateful for how it worked out. The c section recovery is rough right now but so worth it. I am so in love with him and so happy!
As they say, you're always a perfect mom before you have children. We ALL try and make the best birth (and life) decisions for ourselves and our baby. I think it's great you've learned a lot about this experience, but don't beat yourself up over woulda, coulda, shoulda!

Enjoy that baby boy.
#41 of 54 Old 03-25-2010, 04:33 PM

Congrats Katie! He's beautiful. So glad your long journey ended well.

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#42 of 54 Old 03-25-2010, 07:07 PM

So relieved to hear your news! Congratulations, mama, he is gorgeous!

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#43 of 54 Old 03-26-2010, 03:42 PM

Congrats Katie! We were all on the lookout for you--so glad everything turned out well. Your little boy is adorable!

Kara: on a journey with DH, Mama to DS 2/2010
#44 of 54 Old 03-26-2010, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

l
#45 of 54 Old 03-26-2010, 09:08 PM

I am partial to Sebastian but my dh didn't want to use that one.

I think your feelings are perfectly normal and what we all go through when we don't get our perfect dream labor.

Our bodies are not like perfectly tuned watches where we all react the same to the same situations, our parts are not all perfectly the same size with all our bits in a precise shape/size and our babies are not all the precise size or shape and they do not all act the same during labor. (obviously I need to spend more time diagramming sentences )

I still question my first c-section 9 years later, I know what was going on at the time but what IF I could have done something just a little bit different??

No matter how much we prepare and how much we plan, you are still not a watch. A perfect labor still isn't guaranteed. Planning, preparing and researching does help but we are only human.

I am sorry you don't feel supported by your midwives.

I would recommend talking to a local ICAN chapter if you continue to struggle, they can be a huge resource of help, support and information. Of course you can also discuss it here but ICAN has meetings IRL and all.

Not all those who wander are lost 
#46 of 54 Old 03-27-2010, 12:14 AM

I read the whole post earlier but was NAK...

I don't know if it helps any, but here's my 2 cents.

1)I think the whole post partem thing is just weird, especially when it's your first. There's just this whole build up to labor and delivery, and I don't think we prepare ourselves too much for what to expect after. I know it took weeks for everything to sink in with my first - and she was a vaginal delivery - I loved her terribly but at the same time I sort of felt like the babysitter waiting for mom and dad to come and pick her up - it took awhile for everything to settle. So I'd give yourself some time to process and see how you feel a few weeks from now.
2)I can sympathize with the whole unplanned c/s thing, as that's what happened to us. So many what ifs. But I think either way you will end up with those unless you are one of the lucky few who have their birth go 100% as planned. Say you had gone in when they had suggested the NST. You could still have ended up with a c/s - then you would have been questioning whether or not the intervention had been necessary, and maybe if you had waited things would have gone better. You can't undo the past, so just move on and think of the future.

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
#47 of 54 Old 03-27-2010, 06:14 PM

Congratulations! I'm glad your son is healthy and you're recovering well, sorry there was so much drama!

I really like the name Teo!

We're trying EC too - at least, when I have the energy. We have a tiny little potty - if potties can be cute, it is. I'm really surprised how often we can put him over the potty and just have him go right away. Perhaps it would be harder to find a time when he WASN'T excreting something, heh!
#48 of 54 Old 03-27-2010, 08:08 PM

Congrats Katie! He's a little cutie pie Love this time as they grow up so fast.
#49 of 54 Old 03-28-2010, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

l
#50 of 54 Old 03-29-2010, 06:04 AM
Banned

katie:

i'm so happy to read about you and your boy! after seeing you on the UC forum, i was really concerned about you! i'm so happy to read about your joyous result.

one of the things that i find so amazing about birth is how it can galvanize us. from the "most perfect" to the most traumatic births, mamas here are deeply changed and strengthened by the process. that is, imo, one of the miracles of birth.

as for names, i feel strongly that you need to go back in the family a few generations, and pull forward an old name. he wants that. something with tradition, something with an old-fashioned power. i feel that's what he wants.

he is adorable. very cute.

we ec'd from about the same age too (from about 8 days or less), and it's just been great. at 18 mo, he's doing very well. see you on the EC forum!
#51 of 54 Old 03-29-2010, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

l
#52 of 54 Old 03-29-2010, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I haven't been in as Jax's great grandparents have been visiting...

Congrats on your beautiful baby boy!!

Stephanie MC 11/22/06 Jackson born 02/05/10 MC 07/14/14
#53 of 54 Old 03-29-2010, 05:20 PM
Banned

katie:

i think that there is always a lot of room for second guessing, and it's ok to feel bummed about how it went. but it's also ok to acknowledge that you also made very positive choices for yourself and your baby.

birth has curve balls, and you were tossed a number of them. i felt from your posts that you really wanted a supportive birth team (rather than a UC), and that unable to find one, you struggled to really make peace with the team you had and/or a UC. that isn't an easy task! as you said in your OP, there was a lot of emotional stuff there!

and we do know that can inhibit labor.

but you didn't do anything wrong. to an extent, this is just another of those curve balls about birth--there are a lot of things that we can't and don't know. we just have to respond when we feel we need to.

*you did that*. you succeeded in birth by ultimately getting the supportive help you needed, and *that* is worth congratulating yourself over.

if you choose it, there will be other births. you will use this experience for the best, and you will be able to birth again.

in the mean time, keep processing. there are hidden gifts in how birth goes for us--things that we may not even realize or understand for quite a bit. you did great!
#54 of 54 Old 04-01-2010, 02:33 PM

oh Katie this is soo good to hear this, i have been thinking about you all the time, warm love to you and your whole family!!!!

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page