Weekly chat thread April first week - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#31 of 49 Old 04-06-2010, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter
 
Snapdragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,561
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Leaky breasts over here! I need to get an appropriate bra. Right now it is mostly no bra which means leaking on the bed! But the leakiness is increasing so time to get a bra. Tonight I put on the old bra with some cloths in them but that wasn't so comfy!
Baby is almost 3 weeks. I keep wanting to post over on the March ddc with the moms whose babies are the same age as mine, as I am on a different time frame than some here. But this is the ddc I spent my pregnancy on so I "know" you all which makes it more fun to chat.

Looking to get a bouncer chair. FOund one I like online but it is out of stock everywhere. Only similar one is a pink one- thinking of getting it anyway.
The one I wanted was the one at the bottom of this page

http://www.summerinfant.com/bouncers.htm
but it seems to be totally out of stock or discontinued at all the stores I looked at online.
The only one that looks as cozy is the pink one on this page- not sure why they don't make it in a more "boy suitalble" color, but I may get it anyway! (actually I am looking to see if some of the others on that page are the same type)

One adjustment to nursing is I get so HUNGRY! And not much is appealing to me foodwise. Still not totally cooking and cleaning, though more than before- and needing good food. DH brought me a great roast beef sandwich tonight. I feel hungry again right now! And I think my baby is going to wake up and feed really soon.
Snapdragon is offline  
#32 of 49 Old 04-07-2010, 12:19 AM
 
Nicole730's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,666
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
Leaky breasts over here! I need to get an appropriate bra. Right now it is mostly no bra which means leaking on the bed! But the leakiness is increasing so time to get a bra. Tonight I put on the old bra with some cloths in them but that wasn't so comfy!
Baby is almost 3 weeks. I keep wanting to post over on the March ddc with the moms whose babies are the same age as mine, as I am on a different time frame than some here. But this is the ddc I spent my pregnancy on so I "know" you all which makes it more fun to chat.

Looking to get a bouncer chair. FOund one I like online but it is out of stock everywhere. Only similar one is a pink one- thinking of getting it anyway.
The one I wanted was the one at the bottom of this page

http://www.summerinfant.com/bouncers.htm
but it seems to be totally out of stock or discontinued at all the stores I looked at online.
The only one that looks as cozy is the pink one on this page- not sure why they don't make it in a more "boy suitalble" color, but I may get it anyway! (actually I am looking to see if some of the others on that page are the same type)

One adjustment to nursing is I get so HUNGRY! And not much is appealing to me foodwise. Still not totally cooking and cleaning, though more than before- and needing good food. DH brought me a great roast beef sandwich tonight. I feel hungry again right now! And I think my baby is going to wake up and feed really soon.
There's a few of us with tiny ones still, mine is only 4 weeks. I can't believe some of the other babies on here are over 2 months!

For your leaky breasts at night, I've been laying on a piece of fleece and flannel sewed together. So far it's kept the wetness off the bed. I will wear a tighter t-shirt with a prefold diaper stuck in there too, that works pretty well. During the day I mostly wear nursing tanks (from Target), but I also have a Medela bra I really like.

I know you probably hear this a bajillion times from people who already have had kids, but I'd just go with the least expensive bouncer you can find (that's still safe). They really only do last a few months and then get packed away. If I could go back and do it all again, I would buy all my baby equipment used...most everything is washable and it really isn't worth the money for new stuff.

Mama to three

Nicole730 is offline  
#33 of 49 Old 04-07-2010, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter
 
Snapdragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,561
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole730 View Post
There's a few of us with tiny ones still, mine is only 4 weeks. I can't believe some of the other babies on here are over 2 months!

For your leaky breasts at night, I've been laying on a piece of fleece and flannel sewed together. So far it's kept the wetness off the bed. I will wear a tighter t-shirt with a prefold diaper stuck in there too, that works pretty well. During the day I mostly wear nursing tanks (from Target), but I also have a Medela bra I really like.

I know you probably hear this a bajillion times from people who already have had kids, but I'd just go with the least expensive bouncer you can find (that's still safe). They really only do last a few months and then get packed away. If I could go back and do it all again, I would buy all my baby equipment used...most everything is washable and it really isn't worth the money for new stuff.
That is a good point about the bouncer. I didn't even consider that it may only be used for a short while!
Totally leaked breats milk all over our nice mattress last night. they are only recently majorly leaky! Like- milk will start drip drip dripping out. I am truly grateful for the good milk! Just getting used to all this leakiness and these large breasts that my husband finds so enthralling. What is it with men and breasts anyway?!
Snapdragon is offline  
#34 of 49 Old 04-07-2010, 10:20 AM
 
NicoleS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,618
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yup, the bouncer is soo useful but just for a short time. Caleb has nearly outgrown his, though he had a bit of a head start.

BRU has this one, it looks kind of similar to the ones you were looking at to me. Or this one. The one we have is an older version of the second one, it had a bar across instead of the mobile though we never use that part. He loved the vibration when he was smaller.

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
NicoleS is offline  
#35 of 49 Old 04-07-2010, 10:22 AM
 
NicoleS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,618
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh, and on the bra....you might just want to get a cheap sports bra or sleep bra for the next couple of weeks, or even some nursing tanks. I personally found that my boobs went down some after 4-6 weeks when my milk evened out. So if you buy a bra now there's a chance you will have to buy another in a month.

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
NicoleS is offline  
#36 of 49 Old 04-07-2010, 10:36 AM
 
SunRise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: CNY via Canada
Posts: 1,535
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Target has some comfy and supportive nursing tanks for 15.00$ (found in the regular underware/bra dept).

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
SunRise is offline  
#37 of 49 Old 04-07-2010, 11:24 AM
 
feministmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 532
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRise View Post
Anyone exercising yet?
I started thinking of situps recently, but havent done any yet. I am almost ready to make it happen! I think I am waiting until I feel like I can do it every day as to make an impact. I am not quite ready for that yet, not sure where to fit it in. I do walk every day.
We got a Wii fit....I've been using it for a few weeks now and it's the most consistently I've ever exercised in my life! More later...babe just woke up!!

Amy, proud Mama to my girls Natalie (12/7/06) and Miranda (2/9/10).
feministmom is offline  
#38 of 49 Old 04-07-2010, 12:05 PM
 
Lauren31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Suburbia
Posts: 4,065
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRise View Post
Anyone exercising yet?
.
NAK

I try to go to the gym and elliptical/weights every day at 6:15am. Baby has been sleeping till I get home around 7:30 so fingers crossed that keeps up!!!

I fell down the stairs and cracked my ankle today which sucks. I really wanted to go to Prague with the LO this weekend... I hope it feels better.

Mommy to one champagne.gif
Lauren31 is offline  
#39 of 49 Old 04-07-2010, 01:32 PM
 
beccabus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 695
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRise View Post
Anyone exercising yet?
I've been doing a variety of things for about a month now, but just recently started getting serious and consistent. I've been waking at 5am and doing the 30-day shred every other day. On the off days, I've been doing the P90X cardio portion. Keep in mind though that Evan is almost 9 weeks, so we're a ways out from his delivery!! We also started doing green smoothies in our house lately. I do one a day, either for lunch or breakfast and they're great! My toddler loves them too

Passionate homemaking wash.gif dishes.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifmama to Christopher (11/07), Evan (2/10), and Wyatt due in July!! jumpers.gif  In love with my amazing husband <3

***4***8***12***16***stork-boy.gif***24***28***32***36***40**  Praying for a vbac.gif

 
 
 
 

beccabus is offline  
#40 of 49 Old 04-07-2010, 02:04 PM
 
aramat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: São Paulo, Brazil--from Atlanta, US
Posts: 1,344
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
I fell down the stairs and cracked my ankle today which sucks. I really wanted to go to Prague with the LO this weekend... I hope it feels better.
You poor thing!!

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
aramat is offline  
#41 of 49 Old 04-08-2010, 09:05 AM
 
jul511riv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Israel
Posts: 2,499
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie34 View Post
jul511riv I was wondering how things are going for you on the place to live thing, the support thing, and all that. I know just before you had the baby you had a lot of changes and stuff going on with looking for a place to live and stuff. How did that resolve and how are you doing emotionally? Care to update? I hope you are doing well.
awww, thx. still lots of drama. trying to think fast and keep the noggin above h2o. Did I mention how happy i am to no longer b pregnant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleS View Post
I personally found that my boobs went down some after 4-6 weeks when my milk evened out.
lmao, rotf. Baby is almost 2.5 months and I'm just getting bigger n bigger. Still no bra. Waiting for my double H to come in from the U.K. Please G-d let it get here soon and I didnt get scammed.

 http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
jul511riv is offline  
#42 of 49 Old 04-08-2010, 10:39 AM
 
HappiLeigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pemberley
Posts: 2,858
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jul511riv View Post
Did I mention how happy i am to no longer b pregnant?
ME TOO!! I LOVE not being pregnant!!

Lauren, hope your ankle feels better fast. I like traveling with a little baby because they are still so portable, and you have this great built-in excuse to just stop or slow down when you need to. We're planning a beach trip soon and I can't wait!

Katie, I agree with the others who said buy a cheap bouncy seat. I bought the cheapest one Target carried with my DD and we've used it again with this guy. My other recommendation is to get one that doesn't have stuff (toys) dangling in front of the kid's face so you can talk to your little guy while he's in it. I love our bouncy--the vibrating totally keeps an LO happy for long enough to take a quick shower or throw together a quick meal! (Both of which can be difficult with a baby in sling.)

Let's see...what else are we talking about? Bras. After returning a zillion of them to Target after taking them home and trying them on, I finally found one style/size that works, so I went to two different Targets to buy enough in my size. (36D with underwire apparently. Which sounds so much more ooh la la than it looks. ) I don't leak very much, so I don't have to use pads or anything, but the baby does sleep on a prefold to catch anything that oozes out of him, and it also takes care of any leaking that does happen.

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
HappiLeigh is offline  
#43 of 49 Old 04-08-2010, 10:49 AM
 
NicoleS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,618
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiLeigh View Post
Let's see...what else are we talking about? Bras. After returning a zillion of them to Target after taking them home and trying them on, I finally found one style/size that works, so I went to two different Targets to buy enough in my size. (36D with underwire apparently. Which sounds so much more ooh la la than it looks. ) I don't leak very much, so I don't have to use pads or anything, but the baby does sleep on a prefold to catch anything that oozes out of him, and it also takes care of any leaking that does happen.
Where did you find a 36D underwire nursing bra at Target? I looked and couldn't find any - they went from 36C to 38D at my store, and when I checked online it was the same spacing. Though I ended up being a 36DD/E anyways, which they don't carry either.

And odd Jul that you keep getting bigger! Maybe because I'm such a poor producer? But I'm always biggest the first month or so and then they level out. Been like that all 4 times.

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
NicoleS is offline  
#44 of 49 Old 04-08-2010, 11:34 AM
 
linchi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lyon, France
Posts: 263
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Joining the NAK club Let's see:

Boobs
Mine seem to be leveling out now, and I think my supply is ok. Iago is almost 5 kilos and he's a month and a week old! I have an ill fitting nursing bra it seems. When I lie sideways my other (top) breast falls out. Would love to find some nursing tanks here.

Vaccines
Ack! I chose a dr because she seemed more natural minded (she's an acupuncturist and homeopathic practitioner in addition to regular dr). So now am I disappointed after vaccine was one of the first words that uttered out of her mouth. I have a script for the vaccines, but I might just not go back, and try and find another doc. Too bad, she's right across the street.

Travel
We went on our first road trip this weekend and met some friends who live in Germany in Strasbourg, France. It was so much fun and Iago was a trooper. By the end he was done with the Ergo, but that's ok! I think he'll be happier once he can look around more and not be stuck inside.

I too am so happy to be done being pregnant. Now if DH and I could come to agree on birth control.

My family = me + dh & ds +
linchi is offline  
#45 of 49 Old 04-08-2010, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter
 
Snapdragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,561
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
ouch Looked at my c section scar in the mirror for the 1st time today. Not a great thing to see. Dealing with the physical stuff, wishing it had gone differently. sigh.
Snapdragon is offline  
#46 of 49 Old 04-08-2010, 01:20 PM
 
JustSimplicity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 236
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I must agree with everyone else too: I LOVE not being pregnant! I LOVE being able to eat real food again! I LOVE being able to see that Ze is okay and not worrying about him 24/7.

Bouncers: I'm going to admit that I bought the most freakin' expensive bouncer there is - The Baby Bjorn Babysitter. BUT I bought it after spending hours and hours and HOURS bouncing Ze and holding him up because he wants to look at everything. The Babysitter gets him sitting almost vertical and it has a super nice bounce and is not ugly. Plus it folds flat, which is great because we have a super small apartment with no space. We had borrowed a swing for awhile and he HATED it. He loves the Babysitter. Today I put him in it and talked to him while taking a bath and then got him out to join me in the bath. He was all smiles. Totally worth the price in my opinion considering it's the one baby gear item we actually bought and we're planning on having more kids and doing foster care. My advice would be to try to figure out what your baby likes and what will keep him occupied: maybe get a bouncer and swing on craigslist or something just to try them out. You can always splurge later if he really likes one particular thing.

We took Ze on his first plane ride this past weekend. He did really well. Going there he was wide awake the whole time and screamed because his ears were popping. I tried to nurse him as much as possible but it's a little cramped on an airplane. The trip back I soothed him to sleep in the moby before we got on the plane and he slept most of the way. When he woke up we had a bottle ready so he could suck and that helped with the ears. He did really well with sleeping too, almost better than he does at home.

He's still doing the shouting thing only lately it's been starting at exactly 5:00am. I swear he has to poop. He wakes up crying a groaning like he's kind of in pain and when I rock and soothe him he falls back to sleep but only for 10 minutes or so. I've been making sure to burp him a lot and am giving him gripe water at the feeding right before this 5am wake up. Finally I took him into our bed and side nursed (yay for figuring out how to do this!) him to sleep and then he slept for 2.5 hours (MIRACLE!). But he woke up making the same "pain" kind of noises and pooped a ton! Why wouldn't he just poop at 5am and get it over with?

Kristen married to DH Brad, mama to Isaiah Abraham (born on Valentine's Day 2010) and expecting a new little one in February 2012!

JustSimplicity is offline  
#47 of 49 Old 04-08-2010, 02:13 PM
 
aramat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: São Paulo, Brazil--from Atlanta, US
Posts: 1,344
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My husband bought a really cheap bouncer, and I don't feel it is as secure as the Papasan-kind we had last time, so I don't really like it, but it does the job -- keeps her happy long enough for me to get a shower or eat dinner.

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
aramat is offline  
#48 of 49 Old 04-08-2010, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter
 
Snapdragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,561
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
l
Snapdragon is offline  
#49 of 49 Old 04-09-2010, 12:07 AM
 
NicoleS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,618
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Technically I'm a SAHM - at least in DH's eyes (I work from home). I do 90% of the childcare for all 4. With Caleb he might hold him if he's fussy (for a long time he could get Caleb to sleep when I couldn't) and I need to do something else or helping with the bigger kids if I'm in the middle of nursing, but the majority of the care falls to me.

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
NicoleS is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off