Breaking all the rules - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-08-2010, 04:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
"Don't ever wake a sleeping baby..." but I just can't help myself. She's all cute, and peaceful and warm and I HAVE to cuddle her even though it totally requires me to pick up the sleeping seven week old and turn her on her tummy on top of me. I know I am being stupid after trying to get the child to sleep for two hours after dinner, but she's so damn cute. AND SHE SMELLS LIKE BABY! Am I the only one breaking all the rules here?

Organic eating, cloth diapering, no vaxing, cosleeping, breastfeeding mean machine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2010, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I know what you mean! I think it is a great thing to do! I feel the same way when he is sleeping a long time sometimes I just pick him up and hold him. But he usually falls back to sleep in my arms when he is sleepy!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry, that is the one baby rule I never ever break unless there is a medical necessity! Plus for the longest time Caleb had to be on one of us anyways to fall asleep - it's been just the past 3 nights or so that I can lay him down still awake or just asleep (vs. really deep sleep) and he'll go to sleep on his own.

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
Old 04-08-2010, 05:33 PM

As long as you are the one caring for the baby, I think it's fine to break that rule. I hated it when DH would stop home for lunch and pick up a sleeping DS because of all the reasons you said. Then baby would up, fussy, etc...and DH would leave to go back to work. This time around he isn't "allowed" to pick up DD if he's not going to be responsible for getting her back to sleep.

Mama to three

Old 04-12-2010, 10:39 PM

Sometimes Ju spends her entire nap in my arms because she's so sweet and cuddly and warm and portable and kissable that I don't want to put her down. She's my final baby, and I know this time goes so fast...

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
Old 04-13-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramat View Post
Sometimes Ju spends her entire nap in my arms because she's so sweet and cuddly and warm and portable and kissable that I don't want to put her down. She's my final baby, and I know this time goes so fast...
Me too exactly! The time goes too fast so I'm trying to savor every possible moment!

: mama to 3 sweet boys, 10/21/03, 2/23/07 and 1/20/10
Old 04-14-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmoonmama View Post
Me too exactly! The time goes too fast so I'm trying to savor every possible moment!
Me three!!! I think that's the biggest difference between this babe and my first - this time I'm savouring and wanting time to slow down, whereas the first time i was a rule follower and wiling her to the next stage. You live and learn. I for one will be cuddling / waking as often as I feel like it, and all the other stuff that 'needs' to be done can just blooming well wait

Engaged to my sweetheart, Mammy to two beautiful girls
Eden Jade 18.08.06 & Saffron Jo 13.02.10

User Tag List