Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
new thread for the rest of april
#2 of 62 Old 04-24-2010, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just ran for the first time since before giving birth! I had to give up running pretty early in pg d/t being RH- and not wanting to fall. I still worked out on the ellipse but around 35 weeks I really didn't feel like doing it anymore. I wasn't doing it regularly anyway. Lately I have been able to walk and I have been chasing around my 17 mo old nephew. Today, I ran a mile and a half and walked another mile. It felt great to move! Postpartum body is not the same and I have some muscle tightness in my hips but not as bad as I thought it would be, wohoo!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#3 of 62 Old 04-25-2010, 12:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good for you!!

I'm on workout #10 of a 30-day workout challenge on my wii active. I've never been able to consistently exercise the way I have been since getting the wii fit. Now, if only I could get my eating back under control....

Miranda is such a joy!! Seriously, I need to remember to bring my video camera to bed with me so I can tape how adorably happy she is in the morning. It's amazing. DD1 was a happy baby, too, but she definitely had her moments. I think part of it is that I'm much, much more relaxed this time, but I also think DD2 is just super, super laid back. I took her with me to a birthday party DD1 went to today and she just slept in the mei tai the entire time. Then woke up and was happy to be held my the birthday boy's grandma...then nursed and then just looked around and smiled at everyone. DH put her to bed tonight (something that was difficult with DD1 since she would ONLY nurse to sleep) and as soon as she was down I MISSED HER!!! DH was like, um, didn't you just wear her practically all day?!?! Ok, enough sap.....

How much longer do we have in our DDC before we have to move over to LWAB?

Amy, proud Mama to my girls Natalie (12/7/06) and Miranda (2/9/10).
#4 of 62 Old 04-25-2010, 12:25 AM

I need to find time to work out more...

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
#5 of 62 Old 04-25-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleS View Post
I want a mei tai that buckles at the waist....
I've seen those...I think they're called something else? But I wonder if it's possible to buy a buckle and attach it to the regular mei tai.

One thing that I dislike about both the Moby and my mei tai -- the ends touching the ground. Ugghhh. I'm thinking about trimming the top ties of my mei tai...

---

I had fun at my mommies' dinner! Yay for human contact!

I'm dying to start working-out, but I never have before and really don't know how to use any equipment beyond a jump rope. And I'm very weak these days; I think I would be very embarrassed in a gym. How to get started?

Also, [whiine] I don't WANT to dissolve into LWAB! Why doesn't MDC just turn DDCs into playgroups?

Also also, Juju is a VERY happy girl these days. Especially when she sees my face; she lights up like a Christmas tree and coos and giggles. We are so in love with this girl!

--

ETA: I swear I have more milk the next morning after every time I get to have a face-to-face chat with a friend.

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
#6 of 62 Old 04-25-2010, 12:44 PM

The Oh Snap mei tai from Babyhawk has buckles, but it says it's for 15 lbs and up. So for us, that's another month or so?
#7 of 62 Old 04-25-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabeen View Post
The Oh Snap mei tai from Babyhawk has buckles, but it says it's for 15 lbs and up. So for us, that's another month or so?
I tried to weigh Caleb using my scale - weighing myself and then weighing myself with him - and he's roughly 14.5 pounds...so if I had the money we could probably use it now...

Nicole, Mommy to Jasmine (7/05) , Athena (2/07) , Shane (3/08) , Caleb (1/10), and 2 angels (4/06 & 4/09)
#8 of 62 Old 04-25-2010, 01:14 PM

Side-release buckles for sale: http://www.seattlefabrics.com/side.html
Link to buckle-lacing diagram on this page: http://meistai.wordpress.com/welcome...d-ons/buckles/

(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
#9 of 62 Old 04-25-2010, 02:59 PM

I think my child must just be huge he is now 15lbs 10oz with clothes on and over 26 in. No wonder my back is sore!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#10 of 62 Old 04-25-2010, 03:08 PM

What's an LWAB???

Engaged to my sweetheart, Mammy to two beautiful girls
Eden Jade 18.08.06 & Saffron Jo 13.02.10
#11 of 62 Old 04-26-2010, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loulie View Post
What's an LWAB???
It's the Life with a Babe section of MDC

Okay, seriously? I could eat Miranda for breakfast, she is sooooo freakin' happy in the morning. DH and I are NOT morning people, so I'm not sure how we produced one. Proof.

#12 of 62 Old 04-26-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramat View Post
I've seen those...I think they're called something else? But I wonder if it's possible to buy a buckle and attach it to the regular mei tai.

One thing that I dislike about both the Moby and my mei tai -- the ends touching the ground. Ugghhh. I'm thinking about trimming the top ties of my mei tai...
The Babies Beyond Borders carriers come in a half buckle or full buckle option. I have the toddler half buckle that I use with DD and I LOVE it.

http://babiesbeyondborders.com/catalog.php?category=10

Amanda, wife to A , mama to D ('05), O ('07), and W ('10)
#13 of 62 Old 04-26-2010, 10:50 AM

I've bought nearly all of my carriers on the for sale or trade board on thebabywearer.com. It's a great way to get a deal....that boards moves FAST there is so much for sale.

#14 of 62 Old 04-26-2010, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

b
#15 of 62 Old 04-26-2010, 03:01 PM

Lucky you Katie! Even on the days I could get Caleb to do that my others are always up by 8...

#16 of 62 Old 04-26-2010, 04:38 PM

still here still prayin and still lovin all 3 of my kids (even if the baby weighs as much as the 3 yr old...well at least half...)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
#17 of 62 Old 04-27-2010, 10:31 AM

Well, it sounds like we are all doing pretty well with our babies! I haven't been very active (except lurking) as my NAK isn't quite proficient.

Do all your babies smile yet? Iago just started about two weeks ago and it is the most adorable thing. I have fallen in love all over again.

He isn't too thrilled with being in a baby carrier lately though. I'm not sure if he gets too hot, or what it is. We have a Ergo (and a Bjorn that was given to us 2nd hand). For a while he seemed to like the bjorn better (being able to move his limbs freely?), but then this Sat. on a quick run to the store he screamed the entire time, so I guess that's not it. I went back to the Ergo, but I didn't use the infant insert and he seemed to like it better. I think I am gonna buy some fabric and try one of those no sew moby deals. I'm not gonna give up!

Oh, and I have to find a kinesiologist to re-educate my perinium, haha! I really don't know what it's all about, but my Dr. prescribed it and it's what all the parenting magazines talk about, so I'm gonna give it a try. Any ideas?

My family = me + dh & ds +
#18 of 62 Old 04-27-2010, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

I
#19 of 62 Old 04-27-2010, 11:04 AM

nak

Love those baby smiles. I think it has made all the difference in our bonding process. Going to mommy and me yoga this morning. Last time I was the only mom there so I'm hoping more people show up this time.

Kristen married to DH Brad, mama to Isaiah Abraham (born on Valentine's Day 2010) and expecting a new little one in February 2012!

#20 of 62 Old 04-27-2010, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

mommy and me yoga sounds fun! I wish we had that here! how cool.

Teo just graduated into the next sized diapers- a milestone! now if he would only fall asleep right now . . .
#21 of 62 Old 04-27-2010, 01:38 PM

Arg...I was the only one again so I just left. We'll try for mommy and me pilates tomorrow. At least it gave me a chance to clean out the car. We need more space for our roadtrip this weekend. Five hours in the car with the babe. Luckily my parents are driving so I can sit in the back with him. And I pumped a bunch of milk so I can just give him a bottle instead of stopping to nurse.

He's laying on the floor right now, enjoying some music and talking to the ceiling. So cute.

Anybody else having back problems? I carried him in the moby for the majority of the day on Saturday and since then my back has been killing me! I don't want to wear him at all because bending over really hurts.

Kristen married to DH Brad, mama to Isaiah Abraham (born on Valentine's Day 2010) and expecting a new little one in February 2012!

#22 of 62 Old 04-27-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSimplicity View Post
nak

Love those baby smiles. I think it has made all the difference in our bonding process. Going to mommy and me yoga this morning. Last time I was the only mom there so I'm hoping more people show up this time.
Oh, that reminds me I've got to sign up for classes near me! I think I'm gonna love baby and me yoga.

Is baby massage big in your neck of the woods? I've seen lots and lots of offers for classes here. Has anyone done these?

My family = me + dh & ds +
#23 of 62 Old 04-27-2010, 02:08 PM

re back pain: my back hurts too, but that seems reasonable...lack of ab muscles to support it, perhaps? When I am pregnant, my back seems to be supported by the baby! Now I have to work my stomach muscles.
My upper leg/thigh muscles are also weak (not sure why this happens to me, pp) I am doing lots of walking in an effort to regain strength. Don't have the motivation to run yet, but thinking about it!

baby smiles! love 'em. when she is not sleeping or eating or wanting to eat or getting tired she is mostly smiling and even more so when being interacted with!

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
#24 of 62 Old 04-27-2010, 02:25 PM

No back issues here - but DS is 28.5 pounds so I'm used to carry him around. My wrist injury is still bothering me though and it's been 2 months now.

#25 of 62 Old 04-27-2010, 02:29 PM

Since my thyroid exams were 'inconclusive', my OB wants me to see an orthomolecular doctor; anyone here ever seen one of these? Good results? No results? Afraid of throwing away money when maybe I should be seeing an endocrinologist instead.

(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
#26 of 62 Old 04-27-2010, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

yes on the back problems from too much carrying
#27 of 62 Old 04-27-2010, 03:07 PM

Smiles - yes, we get lots of those here! So adorable! Coos too, which are also great.

We have a free family photo shoot this Saturday, so I'm hoping she'll be smiling then too! (And DS also, he can be stubborn at times)

Back pain - not too much. I wear DD for at least a few hours everyday , either in a "moby" or else a homemade buckle carrier. Sometimes I feel shoulder pain if I hang out laundry or wash dishes wearing her, but it goes away once I am done with the task.

My major complaint this week is that "aunt flo" decided to show up! DD is 7 weeks old. I am exclusively nursing on demand. I know it's aunt flo because I stopped spotting weeks ago, I have cramps, and I'm a bit moody. I guess I should be happy I got almost a year off, but still.

Mama to three

#28 of 62 Old 04-28-2010, 07:10 AM

again, it is common for bleeding around 6 weeks...google it. doesnt necessarily mean AF is back.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597
#29 of 62 Old 04-28-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole730 View Post
My major complaint this week is that "aunt flo" decided to show up! DD is 7 weeks old. I am exclusively nursing on demand. I know it's aunt flo because I stopped spotting weeks ago, I have cramps, and I'm a bit moody. I guess I should be happy I got almost a year off, but still.
Got my AF at 7 wks & again at 10 wks this time -- cramping, bloating, the real stuff. Am 4 mos pp now, though, and at least I haven't seen AF again since 10 wks.

(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
#30 of 62 Old 04-28-2010, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

yay for daddys who come home and take the baby for a walk in the bjorn so I can chill out!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page