The First Trimester Symptoms Thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 119 Old 06-23-2009, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what symptoms are you having?

I'm having irritability and crampy-ness. Along with crying and hunger.

Angery is my Number 1 though.

Danielle, wife to John, mama to Valley9.24.07
expecting our miracle babies around 5.12.10- praying that baby B grows healthy and strong!
#2 of 119 Old 06-24-2009, 03:50 PM

I am definitely having an increase in appetite. I am also nursing my two kids, so I think that has a lot to do with it. I'm having some slight crampiness here and there, but nothing really uncomfortable. Also, I'm tired a lot more. I feel like I've taken some night-time allergy medicine or something.

My appetite has me a little worried. I am not really overweight, but I have gained about 30 pounds with each of my previous pregnancies, and I already weigh about 18 pounds more than I did before I got pregnant with my first. I was actually planning on losing 20 pounds before the end of the year (at which time I was planning on getting pregnant). This was obviously a surprise.

Megan, wife to my HS sweetheart , and mama to Libby (3), Hudson (2) and Remi Grace, born in water 2/26.
#3 of 119 Old 06-24-2009, 08:25 PM

Just being sleepy. I seem to nap everyday now.
#4 of 119 Old 06-24-2009, 09:45 PM

momma2libby, I see that you have a libby, too! My Libby is actually Elizabeth, but we have celled her Libby since she was born.

Megan, wife to my HS sweetheart , and mama to Libby (3), Hudson (2) and Remi Grace, born in water 2/26.
#5 of 119 Old 06-24-2009, 10:29 PM

My Libby is an Elizabeth, too. Elizabeth Ruth. Do other people sing "Libby Libby Libby on the Label Label Label" to your Libby? I guess I didn't know that there was a little jingle for Libby canned goods. Not that I would change things but if one more person sings that song....
#6 of 119 Old 06-24-2009, 10:39 PM

Ditto the napping. I'm a napper to begin with, so it's probably not a huge change. It's just become a daily occurence instead of a weekly one.

I've had cramping, too. Had no idea that was a symptom. I thought it was my dinner...lol.

Geigerin violin.gif, wife to geek.gif ; mama to 2 cat.gif ; mama to jog.gif and blahblah.gif
#7 of 119 Old 06-24-2009, 10:45 PM

Oh, yeah, and my skin looks like I'm about 16. Lots of tiny pimples, and my eczema (around my hairline) is worse than ever. May be TMI, but we're talking symptoms, right?

And nipples are so sore.

Okay, I think that's it...lol

Geigerin violin.gif, wife to geek.gif ; mama to 2 cat.gif ; mama to jog.gif and blahblah.gif
#8 of 119 Old 06-25-2009, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

Hunger, my fuse is shorter and the explosion is larger

lack of patience, hunger hunger, grumpyness

And today I was nausiated...

expecting our miracle babies around 5.12.10- praying that baby B grows healthy and strong!
#9 of 119 Old 06-25-2009, 01:46 AM

Fatigue. Bone crushing fatigue. And a heightened sense of smell- not good with one still in diapers.

To my husband I am wife, to my kids I am mother, but for myself I am just me.
we're : with and : and
#10 of 119 Old 06-25-2009, 03:07 AM

May I add morning sickness? Woke up 1/2 hr ago with awful nausea. Not getting sick, just feels like I'm going to. (my mom said that's how she was with me)

Is it normal to wake up in the middle of the night with m/s? I thought it would at least be limited to normal waking hours...lol

I'm okay, though. Cook, little Bean, cook.

#11 of 119 Old 06-25-2009, 04:07 AM - Thread Starter

ok I was nausiated today. twice. And twice I took b6 and it helped.

And one other tmi symptom...can we talk about sex here? if not I guess this can be deleted but I mean I don't see why this can't be a symptom of pregnancy

TMI WARNING:

We haven't had sex since like the time right after ovulation so before implantation, so today was the first "pregnant" sex. John said to me at the begining "WOAH!!! you are REALLY hot in there! DANG!" and after he said, "man that was too hot! my penis is burning"! LOL!

I KNEW that I"d been super duper hot lately, but not enough for him to tell the difference! LOL!! :

#12 of 119 Old 06-25-2009, 04:33 AM

That's interesting. We also haven't dtd since just post-O. Come to think of it, very unusual for us. Will definitely have to see if DH notices anything...lol

#13 of 119 Old 06-25-2009, 04:34 AM

btw, thanks for the b6 tip. I'll try that in the morning.

#14 of 119 Old 06-25-2009, 07:47 AM

My biggest symptom has been dreaming. I don't usually remember my dreams--I'll remember a couple a year, if I'm lucky. This week I've awoken with my dreams remembered 6 nights in a row!

I've also been exhausted. I was really exhausted with my first pregnancy, too, and since I'm a teacher, I was really hoping to time the first trimester to coincide with summer vacation so that at least I could take naps!

My sense of smell has been somewhat heightened, and my sense of taste has been just off. There's been a little nausea and cramping, but not too much. I didn't have any morning sickness with DD, so I'm hoping that I'll be that lucky a second time around.

Stacey teaching teens to read & write... Daddy plays ska, DD1 (7/05) loves trees & princesses, & DD2 (3/10) loves mommy-milk! Please get your kids tested for lead.
#15 of 119 Old 06-25-2009, 08:07 AM

I hear ya! I teach too, and with a summer schedule, I have been pretty free to nap. Love it!

#16 of 119 Old 06-25-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2libby View Post
My Libby is an Elizabeth, too. Elizabeth Ruth. Do other people sing "Libby Libby Libby on the Label Label Label" to your Libby? I guess I didn't know that there was a little jingle for Libby canned goods. Not that I would change things but if one more person sings that song....
Oh, that song! Everyone sang it over and over again when Libby was born. My dh went to the store with my mom (I have birthed both of my babies at my parent's house and then we have stayed there for about a week; I had ds in their jacuzzi tub) and he saw a Libby's can, and he said, "wow, look!" and that began it all. We obviously didn't know there was a Libby's brand, either. It happens less frequently now, but it still happens.

Everyone else has mentioned some symptoms that I forgot. I was queasy for a few days earlier in the week, but I have felt a little better lately, hope that is not a bad thing. My sense of smell has heightened as well.

Oh, and who mentioned the sex? Was that you, Danielle? Anyway, dh and I haven't dtd since I found out I was pregnant, but we did after I conceived and before I knew I was pregnant. He didn't mention anything about me being hotter down there, but I could definitely tell that it was different. I actualy had to ask him to stop for a minute because it just felt so different. Not painful, just felt like there was something else down there. This shows how unaware I was (or in denial), because looking back I felt the very same thing before I had a positive test with my dd. This time I thought it was all just gearing up for AF to start.

#17 of 119 Old 06-25-2009, 10:09 AM

Stacey, I've been dreaming crazy stuff too...every night even. I started dreaming crazy stuff even before my bfp.
i've also been incredibly thirsty and since i've been drinking so much h2o i have to go pee a lot, even during the night.
#18 of 119 Old 06-25-2009, 05:07 PM

On Tuesday night, I woke up just an hour after going to sleep in a total anxiety dream. I don't remember what it was, but I was on my back, head in the middle of the bed near DH's belly, my legs hanging over the side of the bed, and I was pushing my hands up in the air... I only remember the feeling of being crushed. Good grief, do you think I'm stressed??? Thankfully last night, I just had silly dreams about being pregnant with my best friend and my bikini not fitting because my boobs had gotten too big.

Other "symptoms," if that's what they are....

~ An awful mood
~ Occasional queasiness, but only for a moment or two
~ My legs were burning doing yoga, which isn't normal for me

My last pregnancy, I had sore boobs & stretching/cramping in my uterus right away, and I have neither now. So, I'm trying not to worry, I know "every pregnancy is different," but I still would feel better if I felt worse! (kidding.. sort of!)
#19 of 119 Old 06-25-2009, 06:13 PM

I hear ya, Lucy. I welcome every symptom, even the icky ones.

Also, I had dreams of getting a BFP two nights in a row right before we actually got our BFP. Is it possible I already knew somehow?

#20 of 119 Old 06-26-2009, 10:48 AM

Starving! It is crazy. And I am up about 7 pounds from where I should be, so the last thing I need is to gain abunch of weight in the first tri.

I am also having crazy vivid dreams. Especially about ex bf's. Awesome, not.

Suzan, mama to DS 9-18-07 and #2 EDD 3/4/10 GIRL!.
#21 of 119 Old 06-26-2009, 04:02 PM

I'm eating about the same, just giving in to my cookie cravings every now and then. Fatigue has just set in today and it sucks 'cause I work full time, sit at a desk all day, but I do have a TV in our lobby.

Before I found out a I was pg, I had a little heartburn and nausea - thought the latter was from the extreme heat where I'm at......

All in all, doing good so far!!

One happy mama to 1/06 , 3/10 , and married to my best friend
#22 of 119 Old 06-26-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyLee View Post
Starving! It is crazy. And I am up about 7 pounds from where I should be, so the last thing I need is to gain abunch of weight in the first tri.

I am also having crazy vivid dreams. Especially about ex bf's. Awesome, not.
SuzyLee, I had these very same kind of dreams when I was pregnant with my first two! Weird dreams about each of my ex's, and it was always that we were getting back together. Like, ex's going back to grade school. So weird. I wonder why that happens. I haven't had any so far this time, though.

#23 of 119 Old 06-27-2009, 01:30 PM

Inthe morning i wake up with bumpy red arms not sure if its related
#24 of 119 Old 06-28-2009, 07:03 AM

So far I'm exhausted in the afternoons and starving all the time.:
I am leaving this morning to camp for a week in NH, so I'm praying I don't start my morning sickness until I get back. I had it bad with my other two and I don't like the idea of choosing between throwing up in a porta-potty(eeew) or in the woods. :

~Robyn mama to
James, Sean, Christopher, and Michael~

#25 of 119 Old 06-28-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robynee View Post
So far I'm exhausted in the afternoons and starving all the time.:
This is me too! Actually, the starving thing was one of my first symptoms--I kept waking up at 4 every morning feeling like I hadn't eaten in over twenty-four hours or something!

My other tip offs were the total lack of ANY PMS symptoms--no bloating, my boobs don't hurt, I haven't broken out--and I've gone lactose intolerant. It's a really strange symptom, but it happened with E too--for some reason my body can't deal with lactose when I'm pregnant! As soon as E was born, I went back to normal, I'm hoping that'll be the case this time too.

mel, silly mama to cordelia (9), emmeline (8),
leone (2), & arthur (born 1.17.2013)

#26 of 119 Old 06-28-2009, 11:24 AM

My first symptom that cued me in to the possibility that I may be pregnant was a stuffy nose 3 days before AF was due. I never get allergies/stuffy nose other than April and September. I had it bad for about 5 days and it's finally getting better.

I was SO sleepy yesterday. I had to take a nap and still felt like I needed to go to bed at 9pm.

I'm also a little constipated, and my boobs are twinging and getting little shooting pains in them. They are also super sore and getting BIG.

I'm also getting little cramps here and there, but nothing painful.

7/09 at 7 weeks - love you peanut
#27 of 119 Old 06-28-2009, 03:04 PM

I woke up at 7dpo after having a really strange dream and just knew I was pregnant. I never really dream at all except when pregnant, but especially not such strange ones. I had dreams every night after that until I got my bfp. I have also had cramps way down low on the left mostly, weird, snot-like cm, and I've been super hungry. I'm tired too, but that could come from chasing a toddler. Her nursing has upped in the last couple of days, especially at night, and I wonder if it's coincidence or has something to do with me being pregnant?

Lindsay - DD1, born posterior and chin up at home, Aug 2007
DD2, born at home in the water, March 2010
#28 of 119 Old 06-28-2009, 10:46 PM

The first thing that made me think I might be PG was about 10 days post o my hubby was eating sausage and it smelled so bad I had to make him move. Then about two days after I got my Bfp I had to make him take out the trash because the strawberries in there (?) smelled so awful to me.

Tingly boobs, a little bit of cramping - I think everything else is in my mind!

Me (40) DH (49) daring DD (9) and darling DS - almost THREE! (born June 25, 2010 in an amazing, unplanned homebirth.jpg

#29 of 119 Old 06-28-2009, 11:02 PM

Symptoms..
just starting to get tender breast
Bloated
Gassy
Constipated
backache
headache
cramps
frequent urination
And SOOO hungry!! It's crazy...all just came on all of a sudden!!

Michelle and Bill w/: Newton,our yorkie + 11yo DS, Mark, and on 2/10/10 ...Elinor!
#30 of 119 Old 06-28-2009, 11:06 PM

My boobs hurt. A lot. I'm a little worried because I'm already a 34 DD. My friend was teasing me about having gigantic breasts in a few months.. I don't know how I'll hold them up!

Very hungry. Not eating to the point where I feel sick, I'm just noticing that I am eating more.

Weird dreams. Two nights ago, the night before I saw the very faint BFP, I dreamt that a brown spider crawled out of my belly button. I really hope that's not a bad omen. Granted, though, I had a weird scab on my belly that I was examining the same night before bed.

Most annoying symptom- cramping. I don't know if it's normal or not. It's hardly like my awful period cramps, but I thought most women cramped around implantation, not 2 weeks past ovulation. Any thoughts?

Happy excited Mama! Evelyn Isabel born March 12, 2010!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page