No support from best friend... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-14-2009, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My BFF and I have been best friends for about 5 years now, and even though our lives have taken a different path, we are still very close. I have been with my DF for 5 years also, and have been a SAHM for 2 years now. My BFF is really into her career, and has always dated around, never had a steady boyfriend in all the years I have known her *nothing wrong with that*m and she still likes to go out and have drinks, things like that.

We had been talking about taking a really nice trip to Miami next May. I was going to leave the kids with their father for a few days and just relax, have some fun, and worry about me for a change. Well, with the baby coming in March, there's no way that's gonna happen, and I mentioned it yesterday, and instead of saying something like, "that's ok, we can reschedule it for another time...", she said in a snotty tone, "Well, I'm gonna use my Miami money to go have fun in Hawaii."

I guess it kinda hurt me, because I get the feeling that she wanted to do that anyway, she din't even miss a beat. sometimes it's like she tries to shove the things she does in my face to make it seem like her free life is so much better than my life with a fiance and kids. I really think she is not happy for me at all.

Anyone else going through something like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2009, 02:08 PM

Yeah, my used to be best friend from 14 yrs old-27 yrs old, just wasnt into my life after having kids. From my experience it is just a difference in lifestyle. She has just drifted away from me. Sorry it hurt you and I know what it feels like to lose your best friend. sigh.

Linda - Mom who will never be afraid to use an Epi-Pen again! Epi-Pens save lives!
Charlie 4 yrs old, Harry 2 yrs old & someone new March 8, 2010!
Old 07-14-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivaMommy82 View Post

sometimes it's like she tries to shove the things she does in my face to make it seem like her free life is so much better than my life with a fiance and kids. I really think she is not happy for me at all.
Uh, it sounds like she might be a wee bit jealous that you have a fiance and kids.

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

User Tag List