What Are You Eating? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 81 Old 07-24-2009, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TatianaTiger View Post

What is with craving tuna? Maybe it's just the craving for protein. I really want another tuna sandwich from Subway. That would be the 5th tuna sandwich that I've had in 2 days
I've been playing around with the idea of a tuna sandwich from Blimpie . Though I can't quite commit : .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#62 of 81 Old 07-24-2009, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
mmmm... nectarine...

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#63 of 81 Old 07-24-2009, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvysen View Post
I'm SCARFING fruit. I can't get enough. It's crazy.
Fruit has been the only thing I don't have an aversion to...until today. I stocked up at the farmers market today and am sitting here with a pint of the most beautiful strawberries. I've had a couple and just can't seem to eat anymore than that. I'm staring them down, but absolutely nothing in me wants to eat them. I usually go through 3 pints in no time at all!

Quote:
mmmm... nectarine...
Been eating these everyday this week and grabbed a bunch more today.

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

#64 of 81 Old 07-24-2009, 08:41 PM

Wanna send that fruit my way? Sounds very yummy.

Today, I canned blueberry jam and ate my weight in blueberries in the process. Yum.

I'm also on the tuna train. I make Annie's organic whole wheat mac n cheese with a can of tuna mixed in (I know, it's processed food, but I LOVE it). I've been having about a box a week. Bear wanted to share what I made the other night, and I was very stingy with what I'd let him have. He got about a custard dish sized serving.

Geigerin violin.gif, wife to geek.gif ; mama to 2 cat.gif ; mama to jog.gif and blahblah.gif
#65 of 81 Old 07-24-2009, 09:09 PM

Ramen. :

Seriously, the ramen thing has happened with all 3 pregnancies now.

Also, Chinese food, salsa, pickles (which I typically hate--kind of how I knew to test again, even after a BFN), anything salty.

I'm also starting to crave the nasty lemon concoction that got me mocked horribly in my last 2 pregnancies.

Candace - Mama to Molly (02/06), Max (06/08) and Maggie (03/10)
#66 of 81 Old 07-24-2009, 09:30 PM

My husband made thai red curry shrimp tonight It was delicious... the ginger in it seems to have made me feel pretty good, too

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

#67 of 81 Old 07-24-2009, 09:35 PM

Quote:
My husband made thai red curry shrimp tonight It was delicious... the ginger in it seems to have made me feel pretty good, too
Omg, I cannot read this thread anymore! It makes me too hungry Thai red curry shrimp sound amazing : Ramen sounds good too :

I gave in to my craving and got a tuna sandwich from Subway. It was so good. I got a footlong so I have some for later. I think this is tuna sandwich #6 in the past three days

jog.gifkid.gif

#68 of 81 Old 07-24-2009, 09:40 PM

I currently have one of those ginormous jars of the big dill pickles in my refrigerator. How cliche is that? A regular snack for me has been whole wheat saltines with colby/jack cheese and pepperoni. Yep, pepperoni. Not even the turkey pepperoni. The actual, terrible stuff. It's so yummy.

I have been reduced to a bowl of cereal for breakfast, because anything else makes me . I had to light candles the last morning that I made eggs, because just the smell was grossing me out. Since I am also nursing my two children (3 and 1 1/2), I am hungry all.the.time. I have already gained several pounds. I think my body is trying to keep up with the caloric demands (but you'd think I'd be losing instead).

I haven't been able to cook much, because by the time I do cook something that I thought I wanted, I don't want it anymore. I took one bite of sandwich that I made for lunch the other day and had to throw the rest away.

Lots of popcorn with nutritional yeast on it :

Oh, and Stonyfield Farm's french vanilla yogurt with some strawberry AllFruit in it.

Who mentioned the chips with dip? I may have to call my DH at the store. Too bad he won't be getting home 'till midnight.

The craving that will stick with me throughout this pregnancy, though, is pollo asado from our local Mexican restaurant. Grilled chicken with white cheese sauce on top, served with mexican rice and refried beans and tortilla shells It will be eaten frequently.

Megan, wife to my HS sweetheart , and mama to Libby (3), Hudson (2) and Remi Grace, born in water 2/26.
#69 of 81 Old 07-24-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieChristianMum View Post
Lots of popcorn with nutritional yeast on it :
That sounds DELICIOUS! I'm thinking of whether that would actually qualify for a dinner or not... hm..... lol

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls and now a rainbow1284.gif BOY!!! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) angel3.gif .

#70 of 81 Old 07-24-2009, 10:03 PM

I have a definite chicken aversion. I did with my first pregnancy too. Weird.

#71 of 81 Old 07-25-2009, 01:01 PM

Me and my kids have definitely had popcorn with nutritional yeast on it for supper, even before I got pregnant : (this being on evenings when DH is working).

Megan, wife to my HS sweetheart , and mama to Libby (3), Hudson (2) and Remi Grace, born in water 2/26.
#72 of 81 Old 07-25-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chryseis View Post
Ramen. :

You're not alone! I'm craving Ramen like mad and did last two times too!

I am also dying for a Subway sub with cheese, pickles, tiny bit of mustartd, and loads of mayo. Oh, and toad in the holes. Oddly my cravings are all what I used to eat when I was hungover back in my party days.
#73 of 81 Old 07-25-2009, 05:39 PM

Reading this thread makes me so hungry. I have never in my life had a tuna sub from subway but it is sounding soooo good to me right now. : I haven't eaten beef for at least 6 or 7 years but I am suddenly craving a Wendy's single with lettuce,mayo, and tomato.

My main snacks are microwave popcorn, yogurt, & string cheese (not together). I'm staying away from anything with sugar other than fresh fruit. (Umm blueberries) I've pretty much cut off my diet coke habit (don't want alot of artificial sweeteners either) and am drinking alot of water- or water with tea bag.

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

#74 of 81 Old 07-25-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi View Post
You're not alone! I'm craving Ramen like mad and did last two times too!

I am also dying for a Subway sub with cheese, pickles, tiny bit of mustartd, and loads of mayo. Oh, and toad in the holes. Oddly my cravings are all what I used to eat when I was hungover back in my party days.
Same here! Greasy, dense, horribly bad for you food was always my hangover food. And I would really love some now. I havent caved yet, but I know I will.

Mama to DD Feb '08 (9lbs), DS Oct '10 (10lbs) hbac.gif, DD Jan '13 hbac.gif

#75 of 81 Old 08-09-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chryseis View Post
Ramen. :

YES. :
I was ready to drive into town for tan tan ramen today or even way in to Tenkaippin.. I blame Daddy, it's his fault for getting me hooked on the "good" kind.

DS arrived 3/10/10, DD arrived 3/13/13, and a third will be joining us around 5/20/14. pos.gif
#76 of 81 Old 08-09-2009, 02:02 AM

I grilled a steak tonight, yummy I needed some protein.

Pudding has been on my mind a lot today

And always, there is lemonade, wonderful refreshing lemonade :

jog.gifkid.gif

#77 of 81 Old 08-09-2009, 02:12 AM

Gosh, not much good! I've been a sucker for these pulled pork and kraut sandwhiches! I am trying to switch from a meat based diet to something more vegetarian. Possible sign I am carrying a girl? Meat is grossing me out! Last time I felt that way about beans. But I started last prenancy vegetarian, so maybe I just move toward balance.

I am trying to do a more sugar neutral diet too . . . Sugar makes me feel horrible when I am preggo. <3
#78 of 81 Old 08-09-2009, 03:31 AM

That lemonade, it's a winner. I had lots of strawberry lemonade today and yesterday, yum yum.

DS arrived 3/10/10, DD arrived 3/13/13, and a third will be joining us around 5/20/14. pos.gif
#79 of 81 Old 08-09-2009, 12:05 PM

Any vegetarians craving meat? I want steak so bad.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#80 of 81 Old 08-09-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right of Passage View Post
Any vegetarians craving meat? I want steak so bad.
Nope. That sounds horrible to me. Blechh.
Fruit has still been my staple. One of the only things that don't sicken me.
Right now I'm eating blueberrries by the handful

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

#81 of 81 Old 08-09-2009, 01:54 PM

Today it's banana bread.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page