What Are You Eating? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-14-2009, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Pretty much the only thing that is good to me right now is strawberry-lemon smoothies . In fact, I just got through having one . Most everything else is just . And if I have found something that I want, as I'm eating it I start feeling and by the end I never want to see the food again : .

Going to bake some fries ( sorry, that always sounds funny to me : ) to take to work. Maybe they won't make me feel icky.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2009, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Parmesan Goldfish crackers and Crystal Light are the only thing working for me these past few days... bleh...

(excellent use of smileys, btw!)

SAHM to DS - 9/06, DD - 8/08 and our little surprise, EDD: 3/18/10 :
Old 07-14-2009, 07:05 PM

Salsa, the nugget LOVES salse and I HATE salsa. I just devored about a half cup while my eys watered and mouth burned. I couldn't stop myself.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

Old 07-14-2009, 07:07 PM

Spaghetti sauce. Fresh pineapple. Bananas.

Not much else, really.

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:48 PM

Everything. :

No, seriously.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
Everything. :

No, seriously.

This, EXACTLY.

mel, silly mama to cordelia (9), emmeline (8),
leone (2), & arthur (born 1.17.2013)

Old 07-14-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacatsbaby View Post
Pretty much the only thing that is good to me right now is strawberry-lemon smoothies . In fact, I just got through having one . Most everything else is just . And if I have found something that I want, as I'm eating it I start feeling and by the end I never want to see the food again : .
Going to bake some fries ( sorry, that always sounds funny to me : ) to take to work. Maybe they won't make me feel icky.
This is exactly me. I try and conjur up things to eat that don't make me feel ill and I look at it or start eating and just have no interest. It's the strangest feeling to me.
The past 3 days I have been having sandwiches, non dairy frozen yogurt and smoothies/juice.

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

Old 07-14-2009, 08:54 PM

I don't know, but I'd like the recipe to the strawberry/lemon smoothie!!

Tabitha, married to my best friend Steven - Mama to 6 little ones and another on the way!
Old 07-14-2009, 11:06 PM

Cheese Pizza
Grilled cheese
Cheez-its

Do you see a pattern? I can also choke down fruit.

My belly is already pudging but it has nothign to do with the baby

Suzan, mama to DS 9-18-07 and #2 EDD 3/4/10 GIRL!.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:58 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Whatever I can when the mood strikes. Because dangit, after about three or so bites, no matter HOW delicious it is or HOW BADLY I wanted it.. after three bites (maybe four if I'm lucky) it's suddenly completely revolting and I can't even stomach the thought of another bite.

Hashbrowns seem to be okay though... maybe even for 10 bites (of course, I make them with butter and garlic salt and fresh ground organic black/green/white peppercorns.. yum! that was dinner tonight!).

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls, a boy, and someone new in May '15! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) .
Old 07-15-2009, 12:05 AM

I could eat anything that does not move right now.:
BUT I am trying to be good.
Today I had:hard boiled egg,light yogurt,string cheese,2 slices whole wheat toast with smart balance,popcorn,a can of pinto beans with chili flavor, a BK veggie burger and 8 oz skim milk. Think I'll eat an apple before I go to bed.

I want a hot fudge sundae with peanuts and lots of Potato chips with Hellavagood french onion dip with a side of pizza.

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

Old 07-15-2009, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaSedai View Post
I want a hot fudge sundae with peanuts and lots of Potato chips with Hellavagood french onion dip with a side of pizza.
I hate you right now. Why on EARTH would you post that on a thread I've subscribed to????????????????????

*grumbles her way to the grocer*

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:13 AM

Lisa, you have serious will power girl!

Tabitha, married to my best friend Steven - Mama to 6 little ones and another on the way!
Old 07-15-2009, 01:13 AM

I am with the "everything" girls! I am either eating or sleeping these days.

I have a theory though, that the hungrier you are in the early days, the worse the m/s is in later days. It is your body's way of tanking you up!!

Justify, justify, justify.

Mama to a sweet baby boy (01/18/08), wife to a sweet and loving husband, blogger:, swimmer:, reader of all things and future IBCLC. Waiting zenfully for my spirit baby to return!
Old 07-15-2009, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomacts View Post

I have a theory though, that the hungrier you are in the early days, the worse the m/s is in later days. It is your body's way of tanking you up!!

sounds good to me, except lets skip that m/s part!! I've been starving since my daughter was born, I guess I just can't keep up with nursing and eating enough... and now, wow, eat eat eat. it's all I do.

Karen happily partnered mother of 3 beautiful girls (teen/toddler/newborn).
Old 07-15-2009, 10:34 AM

I am able to eat anything, have found that if I don't eat regularily then I start to feel sick, so I am trying to eat 3 meals a day. :
With my last pregnancies, I had m/s and threw up the whole 9 months, so I'm hoping for a miracle this time.

Just trying (really hard) to eat healthy food, no junk, lots of fruit and veggies. I am overweight, so really trying to watch what I eat .:: DD1 wanted me to put the smilies in
i love you mommy ella lilah daddy george gracie chinchi and all the fishies
and the door.

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

Old 07-15-2009, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyG80 View Post
Parmesan Goldfish crackers and Crystal Light are the only thing working for me these past few days... bleh...

(excellent use of smileys, btw!)
Thanks. I loves my smilies : .

Quote:
Everything. :

No, seriously.
This just cracked me the hell up . No, seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskermommy View Post
I don't know, but I'd like the recipe to the strawberry/lemon smoothie!!
No measurements (I just throw stuff in the blender and go lol) but I grind my ice first, then add cranberry-pomegranate juice as well as either mango or papaya juice. Then add either fresh squeezed or bottled lemon juice to taste (I like tart ). And of course some fresh cut up strawberries. Then blend all ingredients together (forgot to put this in 1st time I hit submit ). OMG, I'm going to go make one RIGHT NOW : .
Quote:

After I got home from work last night I had two crisp black plums, heaven! I won't rest until DH gets home so I can go get a whole huge bag of them from the store. So tart and crisp and delish . Oh! And I just have to have the Publix club soda! Sometimes I put a little lemon in there. Mmmmm, great for funky tummy and it tastes devine .

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ella-makes-3 View Post
:: DD1 wanted me to put the smilies in
i love you mommy ella lilah daddy george gracie chinchi and all the fishies
and the door.
That's so sweet *sniff*.

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

Old 07-15-2009, 10:41 AM

Oh yea, I have been WAY into fruit lately. I went early in the morning to the grocery store and the fruit looked so scrumptious (word of the day) and I couldn't resist!!

Mama to a sweet baby boy (01/18/08), wife to a sweet and loving husband, blogger:, swimmer:, reader of all things and future IBCLC. Waiting zenfully for my spirit baby to return!
Old 07-15-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Oh yea, I have been WAY into fruit lately. I went early in the morning to the grocery store and the fruit looked so scrumptious (word of the day) and I couldn't resist!!
Yup. 'Tis the season. We currently have peaches, sugarplums, and blueberries in the house. And they're going FAST.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:15 AM

Last night I devoured the Thai pepper eggplant I made. I was dubious when I caught a whiff of the fish sauce, but once in my mouth-nirvana!

Tonight it's ziti with puttanesca sauce--can't wait!

Food is so satisfying right now!

I cook every night and only buy organic, so I feel really nourished. No cravings for junk food other than my Route 11 Chesapeake Bay spice potato chips--they're divine!

Toteblume, Mom to DS (10-24-90) and DD (06-26-01).
Old 07-15-2009, 11:30 AM

I have been able to eat anything so far, and have not really had any aversions. I am eating alot though. I hope that is ok...Last 2 pregnancies I had the aversions and had to eat certain things to help the nausea. I can't remember when it started though. I am more aware with this one (and obsessing )

Whatever will be, already is...

Old 07-15-2009, 11:51 AM

I'm eating whatever sounds good at the moment, since NOTHING ever sounds good. Whenever I come up with something appetizing, I race to the kitchen (or grocery store). It seems that pasta is a pretty good bet... and fruit. I can eat fruit all day. Sour stuff too -pickles, sourkraut and plain yogurt all sound really good.

The thing is, when I read these threads, I end up craving things like potato chips with french onion dip! MMMMMM

***4***8**12***16***20***24***28***32***36*** 40**
Old 07-15-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toteblume View Post
Last night I devoured the Thai pepper eggplant I made. I was dubious when I caught a whiff of the fish sauce, but once in my mouth-nirvana!

Tonight it's ziti with puttanesca sauce--can't wait!

Food is so satisfying right now!

I cook every night and only buy organic, so I feel really nourished. No cravings for junk food other than my Route 11 Chesapeake Bay spice potato chips--they're divine!
Can you cook for me? I mean, you're only in Princeton so we're really only like 3 hours away..........

Old 07-15-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Can you cook for me? I mean, you're only in Princeton so we're really only like 3 hours away..........
Tell you what, you chip on groceries and it's a sure thing!
I love, love, love to cook. And have been told I'm very, very good at it.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

OK ya'll, explain this craving I've been having for a couple days:

Baloney/bologna sandwich on white bread with mayo and yellow mustard, plain Lay's potato chips on the side. WTF?! I cook about 90% of our food from scratch, haven't had baloney in many, many, MANY years (maybe since I was a small child?) b/c that isht is GROSS, very rarely eat white bread, don't eat mayo or eggs. Ugh! Can't believe I want to eat this, or think I do. Nasty....

Old 07-15-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacatsbaby View Post
OK ya'll, explain this craving I've been having for a couple days:

Baloney/bologna sandwich on white bread with mayo and yellow mustard, plain Lay's potato chips on the side. WTF?! I cook about 90% of our food from scratch, haven't had baloney in many, many, MANY years (maybe since I was a small child?) b/c that isht is GROSS, very rarely eat white bread, don't eat mayo or eggs. Ugh! Can't believe I want to eat this, or think I do. Nasty....
Sounds like a food attachment to childhood? Maybe the connection is somehow comforting?

Funny, though!

Are you going to cave in?

Old 07-15-2009, 03:21 PM

Anything that I can convince myself to eat. I feel completely sick most of the time. Anything that has a smell is completely out of the question. (Last night, I opened a bag of fresh basil -- basil! delicious basil! -- and almost gagged.) I'm thinking there'll be a lot of potatoes and plain pasta in my future...

Busy mama to my three little lads!
Old 07-15-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyLee View Post
Cheese Pizza
Grilled cheese
Cheez-its

Do you see a pattern? I can also choke down fruit.

My belly is already pudging but it has nothign to do with the baby

A cheese sister! I can add to that list: Ritz crackers with cheese, scrambled eggs with cheese, and I've been having some major daydreams about mozarella sticks (but I haven't caved yet). I also feel much heavier, and I'm paranoid my co-workers are starting to notice. I was hoping to make it to the 10- or 12-week mark to tell people, but at this rate, they might already know!
Old 07-15-2009, 05:33 PM

I feel like I could puke right now as I sucked down a strawberry milkshake an hour or so ago and I'm still burping it up. I just hope it stays down 'cause it was soooo yummy!!
I've been eating fairly healthy - besides the shake and an occasional cookie - so salads, chicken, fish, pasta - have been working for me. H usually cooks and has been out of town, so I may have to pick something up for DS and I tonight - maybe Lion's Choice?! Mmmmmmm..........

One happy mama to 1/06 , 3/10 , and married to my best friend
Old 07-15-2009, 05:48 PM

Lately all I've been able to keep down is macaroni and cheese, cheese pizza, maybe some pickles if I'm not feeling too sick.. I need to go to the store and pick up some graham crackers. Most foods are making me gag.. I just have to eat whatever particular item I feel like at that moment, which can be annoying. I finally lost it today after feeling nauseous for hours. I ran to the bathroom and was in there for a while.. DP was really helpful and sweet..

Happy excited Mama! Evelyn Isabel born March 12, 2010!

User Tag List