Weekly chat thread July 20th-27th - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 53 Old 07-22-2009, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, 6 weeks tomorrow, and right on schedule for sickness and all I just had a lovely Chinese food dinner, which I haven't done in literally years, and now I feel so sick. All day I've been feeling queasy, but now... ugh. My bloodhound nose has come along... I can now smell things that no one else can, can barely tolerate smells that other people think are fine, and want to run and heave over things anyone else would think smells bad. What's worst though is that I can smell myself and it makes me sicker than anything... it's so nutty, and I had this last time too. I shower every day, I'm really superclean actually, and it's not the smell of sweat or anything, it's just this... like sickly sweet smell or something, and it's gross. I actually went to the doctor over this last time and she had no idea what I was talking about. Neither she nor dh could detect anything. Weird.

I actually just took another pregnancy test, the digital kind that says how many weeks along you are, and it came up as I'd expect, so that's a good sign that things are progressing as hoped.:Puke

mama of Alex 10, Aeron 8, Niky 2
And now Anneliese Elena Rose 11 March 2010!
#32 of 53 Old 07-22-2009, 03:57 PM

My aunt who lives downstairs told me how big my boobs look!!! Hubby couldn't be happier but they are still in the hands off stage. He can't wait for that to end before the milk kicks in LOL. Sorry TMI I just think the whole boob thing is pretty funny with the hubby's.
This is my third and yet I have forgotten so much. I need new nursing bras but should I go now?

miriam-Homeschool mom to Samuel (4/00)
Bailey (3/03) and due (3/10):
#33 of 53 Old 07-22-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightskye View Post
I actually just took another pregnancy test, the digital kind that says how many weeks along you are, and it came up as I'd expect, so that's a good sign that things are progressing as hoped.:Puke
Really? They make such a thing?? I want to know more; I've never heard of that! I'm sorry you're sick, though.

I'm feeling okay, I guess. There are some things that I should know better than to do...cashing in my coupon for a free 16oz chocolate shake from Burger King is one of them. But I did it anyway, and I'm paying for it now.

It's still hard for me to think of myself as pregnant. I'm kinda in denial, I think. I just saw someone post about "holding a newborn in March" and I thought, "OMG...I will be too!"

I've managed to find a school solution, I think. DS1 is applied to and has a testing date at a local private school. It's my dream school for him, but I always assumed it was too pricey. Come to find out they offer considerable financial aid, so we may be able to swing it. Unfortunately, they don't have space for DS2, who I would really like to see in school ASAP (he requires more social stimulation than any one normal family can provide, honestly!). We'll put him on the waitlist, but if I have to keep him home this year, it won't be that hard...first grade is easy-peasy to homeschool and as chatty as he is, he's actually quite motivated to learn and/or please his teacher/mother, as long as his brother isn't there to distract him. I think we'll get some workbooks and cruise through them, trying to be done by March. Normally I'd cringe if someone else said that, but desperate times call for desperate measures, right?

I'm still not sure how I'm going to deal with having to take time off and juggle the birth center and my family. Without schooling the boys on my plate, it will be easier, but the idea of a new business and two little babies is a little...overwhelming. I'll feel better when I have the time to sit down with the books and see how bad it'll be to take two whole months off.

Have an u/s tomorrow to make sure that the little baby bean's HR is up to normal. Last week it was only 108, but my OB said it had only been beating for a day or two, so that's why it was lower than 120. If something happens and there's not a HB, I'm going to feel incredibly guilty for all of the time that I've spent thinking about what a crazy, no-good time this is to have a baby .

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
#34 of 53 Old 07-22-2009, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

My NP called me with my beta levels and said not to panic (yeah, right) that the numbers were lower than she expected She thought my dates might be off, but I charted, and know exactly, I even tested and got a VFP at 11dpo

She wants me to come in tomorrow for an u/s (which I am not insured for to make sure everything is ok.

It is too late for me to not be excited about this pregnancy, I am so happy to be here. I was just starting to relax into the idea that everything would be ok, Why are my levels low? What could the reasons be? She said that might explain why I am not feeling too sick yet.

Now I don't know what to do with myself, I am not good at this uncertainty and worry

Whatever will be, already is...

#35 of 53 Old 07-22-2009, 05:02 PM

Beloved I'm hope everything is fine

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#36 of 53 Old 07-22-2009, 05:55 PM

Me to Beloved, I hope everything turns out ok for you.

I am confused about something. What day to you use to start the calculation for your EDD. I am using July 1st because I O'd on June 30th but my midwife got about a week before I did. I counted 40 weeks as being April 7th and she got March 24th or so, I think.
I'm really confused now and am not sure where I belong.

DS (03/10) &  DD (06/07) both were/are : waterbirth.jpg homebirth.jpg winner.jpg

#37 of 53 Old 07-22-2009, 06:12 PM

If you're o date is 6-30 then the 24th is about right on. http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/eddc.htm you can put your O date in to get your EDD

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#38 of 53 Old 07-22-2009, 06:19 PM

Beloved, hang in there.. I'm so sorry. I know how you feel, it's so hard to NOT panic! I was pretty numb for the past week waiting to see my bean. Beta levels don't tell us everything about a baby's development. Did she tell you your exact level? I'll be praying for you (if that's ok).

Happy excited Mama! Evelyn Isabel born March 12, 2010!
#39 of 53 Old 07-22-2009, 06:20 PM

Hope everything goes alright tomorrow, Beloved.

Me(34); DH (33); Now a mommy to beautiful baby boy born 3/18/10
#40 of 53 Old 07-22-2009, 06:26 PM

Hi Everyone!

Beloved K, I'm sorry you're going through this. I'll be sending you positive thoughts and sticky vibes.

Kikelet, so glad to see that everything is ok!: Phew!

tolliverfamily2000 your boob post cracked me up!

As for me... well, I puked this morning. That was a first. I hate throwing up. YUCK! So, morning sickness is still a pain in the ass, headaches are still bugging and my skin won't stop breaking out! AAARGH! I am able to eat a bit more now, though.

Emotionally, I'm about the same. I told my dh that I couldn't take living here anymore and that we needed to move back to the US STAT!...next summer at the latest. We even starting making plans, but it's not looking really feasible due to the economic situation. : I don't know how much more I can take.

The good news, though, is that dd doesn't have a fever anymore so is now sleeping a bit better and isn't super duper clingy... well, not as bad as she was last weekend.

The other good news is that I found an awesome midwife AND a prospective midwife who will assist in a homebirth!:: I still have to work out all the details, but outlook is good.

***4***8**12***16***20***24***28***32***36*** 40**
#41 of 53 Old 07-22-2009, 08:13 PM

Kikelet I am so glad you had a great US.

Beloved K, my heart goes out to you and hope for good news tomorrow. I hoe you can still have a relaxing evening and get a good restful sleep.

I am freaking out a bit because DH came home today and said he could get on the April 2010 tour. He thinks it would be better then the Feb 2011 because he could be home on parental leave from when the babe would be 7 months till 12 months, instead of 3 months to 5 months. I don't want to jump to conclusions untilit happens but I amnot totally sure how I feel about it.

It means $ to pay off our debts sooner and a more interesting job for him but it means him leaving when babe is 2 or 4 weeks old. I know we could get support from family.

It would also mean he wouldn't be able to go on the trip we planned but he said I shoud still take the Gman and have a good time since my parents already planned their vacation around it.

Grrr. Sometimes being a military family sucks!
#42 of 53 Old 07-23-2009, 06:34 AM

Charmie, yes, it's a clearview digital, but not just the pregnant or not pregnant kind... it tells you if your hcg measures at a level expected for 1-2 weeks, 2-3 weeks, or 3+ weeks (btw that's from date of conception, so 3-4 weeks of standard pregnancy counting, 4-5, or 5+). I took one at 9dpo and it said 1-2 weeks, and last night's test said 3+, which is where it should be for my now 6 weeks pregnancy. Since I had all that bleeding at the beginning of the pregnancy and my ^%&^% midwife and medical team wouldn't give me bloodtests, at least this way I can see that my hcg levels ARE rising. I know it's not a very exact method, but it's some comfort.

mama of Alex 10, Aeron 8, Niky 2
And now Anneliese Elena Rose 11 March 2010!
#43 of 53 Old 07-23-2009, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I'm getting ready to go for my u/s, then I have to go to work. I'll try to post the results before I go to work. I couldn't sleep well last night for worry. I am also trying to find a new DR to work with me on my meds (I am weaning off of some meds for bipolar depression) I had been completely stable for over 6 years and the DR I saw yesterday told me why the meds I was taking couldn't have been helpful because of the studies : they helped ME though : I am almost off of them (2) and feeling pretty horrible, but it is worth it because of the baby (hopefully the little embryo is ok)

I am so worried that I will never be stable again because the DR I liked so much left and referred me to that awful NP who asked me why I thought I could afford a baby (I wrote about that in another thread)

I feel lost because of all of this. I will feel so much better if things go well today.

#44 of 53 Old 07-23-2009, 08:47 AM

Beloved, I'll be thinking about you. I hope you find out some good news.

#45 of 53 Old 07-23-2009, 09:20 AM

Good luck, BelovedK. You are in my thoughts. :

Mommy to Violet Kisori born 3/3/10
#46 of 53 Old 07-23-2009, 09:52 AM

I picked out my homebirth midwife! I didn't like the first one I interviewed and felt very discouraged, but I interviewed another one yesterday and liked her a lot and feel much more comfortable about having a homebirth. Only problem is she is a really tricky 30 minute drive away. I'm not sure I'm confident enough in my driving skills (especially with preggo brain) to ever do it myself, so I think DH may be taking me to all my appointments. Fortunately he works freelance from home so he can take the time to do it, but it does interrupt his work. I decided it's worth it for a midwife I feel really comfortable with.

I'm 7 weeks and still not really nauseous. It makes me worried, but I'm not short of other pregnancy symptoms, like peeing every 30 minutes and total exhaustion. I'm so glad I'm not nauseous, but I would really like an u/s to make sure everything is all right. Fortunately my midwife isn't super crunchy and is willing to write an order for me to go get an u/s after our first prenatal. I just know so many people who have had missed miscarriages, it makes me paranoid. I still am not taking this baby as a given and it would be nice to feel more confident about it.

Eve Eleanor born June 5, 2007
Graham Alexander born February 27, 2010

#3 due November 3, 2014

#47 of 53 Old 07-23-2009, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

UPDATE.

I went in for the u/s and don't have a viable pregnancy

Second time this year I have lost a pregnancy

I am supposed to go to work now, I can't get a hold of myself. I should have known, I was 7 weeks and wasn't as nauseous as I was for my last pregnancies. I was very tired, but that is all (slightly sore boobe) and now I have to wait to start bleeding, or have a D&C. I can't decide.

#48 of 53 Old 07-23-2009, 12:53 PM

I am so so so so so sorry Beloved. . I just can't believe this...

Mommy to one champagne.gif
#49 of 53 Old 07-23-2009, 01:00 PM

I am so sorry, Beloved.

#50 of 53 Old 07-23-2009, 01:50 PM

So sorry Beloved.
#51 of 53 Old 07-23-2009, 02:34 PM

jill
mama to Raenen (HB 9/04), Sevi (HWB 1/07) & Ani (HWB 10/10); ectopic (8/09)
#52 of 53 Old 07-23-2009, 02:57 PM

BelovedK I am so very sorry

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#53 of 53 Old 07-23-2009, 05:39 PM

BelovedK, my heart is with you. I am so sorry.

Mommy to Violet Kisori born 3/3/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page