Mothering Forum banner

HCG - early BFP questions...

494 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  NewDirections 
#1 ·
Hi, I think I am due April 5th, but I have a history of going early. I have a question....

I used to monitor my fertility, I don't anymore, but I'm still fairly aware of my fertile signs.

I don't remember the date of my last period - It was early July for sure though. Based on the calendars from the last few months (I jot down the first day of my period...) my missed period was due 7/27. I'm fairly certain I O'ed on July 13th.

I had implantation spotting on July 20th - just a tiny tinge of pink when I wiped. I got the first of many positive tests on July 21st (8DPO?) I tested with dollar tree test.

Yesterday I had HCG drawn, to confirm pregnancy for my OB's office. A few hrs later they called with the result 553, at I believe 15DPO.

According to all the nifty charts, my HCG is quite high, or I've totally miscalculated how knocked up I really am.

I have an u/s tomorrow (very high risk pregnancy). Should I be thinking twins?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

See less See more
#2 ·
With my first, my HCG was in the high 400's at 14 dpo. And I measured big early in pregnancy. So my midwife sent me for a rule-out ultrasound at 14 weeks -- and there was just one.

HCG varies SO MUCH between women, it's really not a great sign of anything.

You can see here (http://www.betabase.info/showBasicChart.php?type=Single) that singleton pregnancies have had HCGs as high as 2088 at 15 dpo.

#3 ·
Thanks for the info, I've been pouring over HCG charts since last night!

I forgot to add...twins do run in the family. I was a twin, but the other baby didn't develop properly - although the placenta did. My cousin (Mom's sisters DD) has 18 month old fraternal twins (a boy and a girl)

#5 ·
Tatiana, I'm having my first u/s tomorrow actually. My preg symptoms are very intense this time around, and earlier than usual. I'll have several u/s as time goes on, weekly towards the end - to check for IUGR among other things.

With all 3 of my pregnancies I had pre-eclampsia, and 3 c-sections.
First Child - 29 weeks, 1 lb 14oz
Second Child - 33 weeks, 3lb 11 oz
Third Child - 38 weeks, 6 lbs 13 oz

With my 3rd pregnancy I switched OB's and we monitored everything very closely. The last two months I had appts or 24 hr protiens or blood work everyday. The pregnancy went very well though, I was quite pleased. His staff are like old friends now - in fact, the nurse giggled when I told her I was pregnant then said they missed having me in the office all the time.

Actually, my new OB delivered my first - my OB was on vacation - I was unconcious and don't really remember meeting him - but his u/s tech told me he didn't leave the hospital for 3 days, he was so worried that I would go south and he wouldn't be there. I was too unstable for transport - even via helicopter - to the childrens hospital an hour away.

Anyway, long story short, I'll be monitored very very closely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.