Light Pink Bleeding at 9 weeks, 6 days???-UPDATE - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 08-19-2009, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay...I've been a lurker over my last two pregnancies (going back 7 years). I posted for the first time today because my midwife wasn't able to find a heartbeat (I'm 9 weeks, 6 days). You all calmed my fears on that one.

Then this evening, I went to my workout class and like an idiot, I sprinted. Please don't judge me. :-( Anyway, I went to the restroom (just to pee) and when I wiped, there was some pink eggwhite-like discharge. I'm so scared. I called my midwife as soon as I got home. She said it sounds like it may be a broken capillary from exercising to vigorously (like an idiot). That was around 5:30 this evening. It's now 3 hours later and there's still scant pink discharge when I wipe (nothing in my underwear...I'm so sorry for the details). I'm not having cramping (maybe extremely minor, so much so that I may be imagining them). Any input? My husband and I have been trying for our third child for 3 years. I had a miscarriage 2 1/2 years ago, but it began with incredible back cramping and heavy bleeding (I was 5 weeks, 6 days).

I'm beside myself.

Any input would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jennifer
#2 of 8 Old 08-19-2009, 12:54 AM

Oh mama, long deep breaths, and be gentle on yourself. I wish I could tell what is going on, but try to get some rest and hopefully tomorrow it will stop.
& : sticky vibes.

Samanthawild.gif mama to 5 joy.gif                                                         

#3 of 8 Old 08-19-2009, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiMom View Post
Oh mama, long deep breaths, and be gentle on yourself. I wish I could tell what is going on, but try to get some rest and hopefully tomorrow it will stop.
& : sticky vibes.
Adding onto her sticky vibes here... praying...

I will tell you, too, that it happened to me around 7 1/2 weeks... just like you said. And then never happened again.

Abigail Grace (40ish), Wife to 1 Knight in Shining Armor
Homeschooling Mom to 6 and a surprise bundle due in March
#4 of 8 Old 08-19-2009, 01:16 AM

It also happened to me around 7 weeks. For me it was just pink discharge one time when I wiped...maybe twice. Then that was it. I just had my first m/w appt today and when I told her she seemed not at all concerned. And btw, we also couldn't hear baby's heartbeat today, at 9 weeks. My placenta is right out front, judging by the enormous amt of noise coming from it. lol
#5 of 8 Old 08-19-2009, 01:17 AM

Probably like your mw said, from the vigorous workout. Just get some rest, drink lot's of water and check your spotting tomorrow.

I recently had some spotting. Light pink mucos to bright red, to brown. Turned out to be no biggie.

Get some rest and TRY not to stress out. I know it's hard. (((HUGS)))

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

#6 of 8 Old 08-19-2009, 02:26 AM

I worked on the staff of a magazine with my last pregnancy. It was mostly a pretty cushy job, but we did have to do some very heavy lifting twice a month when our magazines came in. Because I didn't want to tell them I was pregnant, I had to do a lot of that lifting early on. I asked my midwife about it and she basically said if I'm feeling okay, it's likely not a problem, just not to push past that point of feeling okay. (ie. If you're feeling lightheaded, dizzy, sore, etc. stop right away. Listen to your body.) Anyway, I did have occasional pink CM exactly like you're describing. It came off when I wiped but not on my underwear. It freaked me out the first time, but she said the same thing as your midwife: that it was likely capillaries because the cervix is so sensitive at this time, and the baby probably didn't even notice the exercise. My daughter is two now and totally fine. I really hope it's the same for you. I know how you feel though. This pregnancy I sprinted for the bus at one point without thinking, and it was a fairly long sprint. I felt pretty winded and nauseous for a while after that and was terrified that I'd done something to hurt the baby.

Btw, did you do the same exercises when not pregnant? Another thing she told me/I read is that you can continue exercising the same as before you were pregnant, just not to increase it, and that it shouldn't have any negative effect on the pregnancy. (If anything, an exercise program is good for you!) In fact, a doctor once told me that there's very little evidence that exercise will cause miscarriage, but that women who are high risk are advised not to exercise because if they did miscarry they are more likely to blame themselves if they had been doing exercise beforehand. I've never actually looked up any stats/facts for that though.

Lindsay - DD1, born posterior and chin up at home, Aug 2007
DD2, born at home in the water, March 2010
#7 of 8 Old 08-19-2009, 12:47 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all of your comments. The bleeding seems to have stopped this morning (just a little brown, which I'm assuming is old blood...and again, not a large amount...just sometimes when I wipe). I'm really trying to stay calm...not that I succeeded yesterday or last night. My midwife said we could try to hear the heartbeat tomorrow, but it's still early (I'll be 10 weeks, 1 day) and I know that if we don't hear it, I'll really be worried. I feel like I'm in limbo land. I don't normally have ultrasounds during my pregnancies, but if I saw one on the street corner right now, I'd run to it.
#8 of 8 Old 08-19-2009, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanmommy View Post
Thanks for all of your comments. The bleeding seems to have stopped this morning (just a little brown, which I'm assuming is old blood...and again, not a large amount...just sometimes when I wipe). I'm really trying to stay calm...not that I succeeded yesterday or last night. My midwife said we could try to hear the heartbeat tomorrow, but it's still early (I'll be 10 weeks, 1 day) and I know that if we don't hear it, I'll really be worried. I feel like I'm in limbo land. I don't normally have ultrasounds during my pregnancies, but if I saw one on the street corner right now, I'd run to it.
I'm cracking up at this, because this is the way I felt! We weren't planning on doing u/s until later in pregnancy, but when I had my bleeding episode that all changed. I was ready to get one done asap!

I'm glad the red bleeding has stopped and things seem to be just fine!

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page