cramping/back pain at 10.5 weeks? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-21-2009, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think I am about 10.5 weeks. Today I have had constant lower back pain and mild menstrual-like cramping (nothing severe or contraction-like, just constant and annoying and worrisome). I called my midwife who said since I am not bleeding I should not be too worried, but let her know if it gets worse or if I have UTI symptoms. I had a heartbeat on a doppler a few days ago, and I will check again tonight when I get home for peace of mind. So no bleeding, but more CM than usual.

Has anyone else had cramping? This is my 3rd pregnancy, I had an early loss at 9 weeks in March so I am a bit paranoid (although with that loss I had bleeding first, THEN cramping.).

Thanks!
Kate

p.s. I walked a few blocks in heels this morning. Could that be causing the back pain? Also I seemed to have reached the point of needing to wear maternity pants now, so definitely there is a bit of expanding going on.

[FONT="Verdana"]Kate, mom to S(6/07) and Y(3/10)
#2 of 7 Old 08-21-2009, 04:13 PM

I haven't had this experieince but I bet you it was the heels. Ifyou aren't used to them, and your body is already changing, that is most likely the cause of back pain.
#3 of 7 Old 08-21-2009, 04:15 PM

I have had weird cramping and a dull back ache this week, too. I am 11 weeks. I was really worried as well but I am not TOO worried because I am still sick as a dog. I guess I have no advice, I just wanted to let you know that someone else is going through the same thing.

mom to sam arlo (5), olive loretta (3)....and twin girls Annie and Ramona Jean, born 3/10.

#4 of 7 Old 08-21-2009, 08:10 PM

No cramping for me, but I have back and hip joint pain. It's constant, but worse after laying down or sitting for awhile.
It's been a couple of weeks now. I keep thinking at this rate, my hips have got to be so wide by now! Ha!
The walking in heels may have aggravated your back pain.

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

#5 of 7 Old 08-21-2009, 08:25 PM

I've had lots of cramping. I am 9w5d and had lots of cramping from about 6-8 weeks and its slowed down a lot since. They are mild period like cramps, and I've just assumed it must be from stretching ligaments and a growing uterus. My lower back was aching a bit tonight. I don't think thats too much to worry about, it might be from the heels.

I think my knees hurt most actually.
#6 of 7 Old 08-21-2009, 10:59 PM

I had no UTI symptoms with my recent UTI just cramps and a back ache. Get it checked out, better to be safe then end up with a kidney infection and serious problems.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#7 of 7 Old 08-22-2009, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the reassurance! I think I must have wore myself out by tromping around downtown in heels and then sitting for 3 straight hours in a meeting. I'm trying to rest and stretch today (may do some yoga). I hope I don't end up having backpain throughout the pregnancy but it could be much worse so I will take it.

[FONT="Verdana"]Kate, mom to S(6/07) and Y(3/10)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page