Mothering Forum banner

Weekly Chat, August 24-30

2K views 65 replies 37 participants last post by  AbigailGrace 
#1 ·
Wow, August 30? Already?! Holy hannah.

I'm just going to go ahead and steal this from the Dec. DDC's weekly chat thread. Ahem.
:

Weeks/Days along:
Appointments:
Symptoms:
Food:
Exercise:
Body changes and other milestones:
Thoughts:

How are we doing mamas?

See less See more
#2 ·
Weeks/Days along: 12 wks, 6 days (whee!

Appointments: One last week, but not another until mid-sept. Well, I do have to go in for some bloodwork, does that count? I also need to decide at some point whether to have an ultrasound or not...

Symptoms: :yawning:
Does that sum it up?

Food: Blah. I'm not nauseous anymore, but I'm still not really enjoying food. No real cravings come to mind.

Exercise: Ha! I tried to do a prenatal yoga video a few weeks ago. And then didn't do it again. I did ride my bike to the farmer's market and back on the weekend, but that's only, like, a 20-ish minute ride each way. Not very significant. Does running after 2 energetic little boys all day every day count?

Body changes and other milestones: Definitely have a bit of a bump! Not really uterus (though I can feel that's about halfway between my pubic bone and my navel), but more other inside bits that are getting pushed out of the way. We really need to get our camera a new lens so that I can take photos!

Thoughts: Um, can I go back to sleep now?

#3 ·
Weeks/Days along: 11 weeks 3 days

Appointments: Had one with my MW (yay) and another one in September and I have to go get blood work (eek I am such a needle baby). I have opted out of ultra sounds and hoping we don't need one. HAd to have one last time to look at G's heart because he decided that skipping beats was fun (nothing wrong with him)

Symptoms: Tired, tired, tired and still have some coughing lingering (when will it stop)

Food: Coffee turns my stomach. I can eat veg again but not raw. Summer is the time of salads but the thought of raw veg just makes me green.

Exercise: Not much since exercise brings on the coughing. I am dragging my sorry butt to yoga tomorrow. Ladies please hold me accountable!

Body changes and other milestones: My belly is pooching out and my pants are getting tight. I can't believe it as I was in my regular clothes quite comfortably until 5 months last go.

Thoughts: Ugh when will this coughing end!?

#4 ·
Weeks/Days along: 11w3d
Appointments: none this week, I see my MW on 9-1
Symptoms: Heartburn, sweet. nausea, tired, cranky.
Food: is gross
Exercise: it's too hot!
Body changes and other milestones: I can feel my uterus sometimes! I think I also feel occasional flutters but I could be crazy.
Thoughts: Why must it be monday?

#5 ·
Weeks/Days along: 12 weeks today

Appointments: had one last week & everything is good. I'm medicated for hypertension so this is very very good for me to be "normal".

Symptoms: Insomnia is kicking my butt right now.

Food: Cereal. Cold cereal is about all that sounds palatable lately. Which sucks because our garden is awesome this year.

Exercise: Walking the dog & chasing the other 2 kids counts right?

Body changes and other milestones: My 3 y/o started telling me that she "drank up all the milk" when she nurses now, which makes me a little sad.

Thoughts: I'm an apprentice MW & am trying to decide how long I want to actively be at births in this pregnancy & also trying to be careful about which ones I attend, because I'm concerned it may take a toll on my birth if I have another persons birth weighing heavily on my mind.
Still uncertain about where I'll be delivering this one as well. Due to the hypertension, I'm getting shadow care from my OB/GYN who I really do love, but I don't want to birth in the hospital so am hoping to stay healthy enough to stay home.

Nice to meet you all.
:

#6 ·
Weeks/Days along: 12wks, 3 days

Appointments: Last wednesday with MW. Everything was fab and baby's heartbeat was great

Next one is in mid Sep.

Symptoms: m/s symptoms get less and less by the day. Each day I feel better. I tire easily. Naps are my bestfriend right now.
Today my hip and joint pain seems to have lessened.

Food: I still hate food and feel queasy after I eat. No real cravings, just things that seem like they won't make me sick, so I eat them.
Finally was able to add my daily green smoothies back in.

I'm over my beloved cheerios. The sweetness started making me sick last week, just like they used to before being prego.
Sweets=blechh!

Exercise: Never made it to the gym this weekend. However, I've been able to walk the dogs a little longer each time now without wanting to nap on the grass.
I do volunteer work that keeps me on my feet for 5plus hours. Last night I made it through with 2 sit downs and a couple of food breaks. Last couple of weeks, I pretty much sat the whole night, so this was a big deal!

Body changes and other milestones: People are taking notice of my weight gain/pregnancy now. I don't know how I feel about that

Thoughts: I'm excited for what's to come! Now that I'm feeling better, I want to really enjoy my baby and this pregnancy. I need to get back to my list of things to do and check some things off.

#7 ·
Weeks/Days along: I banned myself from the counting of days & weeks this pregnancy in order to preserve my "post date" sanity! How about somewhere between 9-11?

Appointments: My first midwife appointment is this Thursday! I'm SO excited - I already love them!

Symptoms: Still alternating extremes. I'm either "totally over it! Feeling completely normal!" or completely out of commission throwing up and peeing my pants! Today I feel GREAT! "Totally over the morning sickness!" um... again...

Food: Completely obsessed - SO hungry ALL of the time! I'm having a really hard time following my low carb diet. I typically stay under 30 carbs/day to simultaneously treat metabolic syndrome/insulin resistance & my seizure disorder. Lately it's been anywhere from 50-150 - yesterday was well over 200! I didn't even count!

It seems like since I've upped my carbs to stay out of ketosis (debate ensues regarding the impact of ketosis on fetuses, but I'm just not comfortable with it) I've been carb crazy! Yesterday I even ate potato chips! I have NEVER liked potato chips! I want pie so bad I'm regularly DREAMING about eating it! How messed up is that?

Exercise: Going to the YMCA for classes Tue/Th again. I walk around our neighborhood to run errands, but other than that I've given up my usual vigorous exercise routine. I'll pick it up again once healed, but I really don't feel comfortable with it while preggers.

I DEFINITELY want to stay moving this pregnancy though. I was such a whiney baby last time, I know it affected me negatively in more ways than one! Don't get me wrong - I'm floored sometimes like the next woman, but seriously - last pregnancy I did not do a THING! Even when I felt FINE!

Body changes and other milestones: Oh I totally popped weeks ago. It's ridiculous. I had a horrible abdominal seperation last pregnancy. I JUST got to a place I could do full sit ups & once I hit 2 months I opened back up.

I have uterus bulging at the bottom & intestines busting out of the top and major bloating going on all the time. Sexy! I can't even sit up out of bed without that lovely mound in the middle of my stomach where my abs seperate & let everything out. It's so painful! DEFINITELY staying active this pregnancy! If I don't I might come apart in two!

Thoughts: I'm amazed by how much I'm not feeling like rushing this pregnancy. With Syd I was so hyper focused on the end product; this time I know that baby is going to come & we're going to be even busier!

I've been trying to "connect" more - at night when I I'll visualize baby. Sometimes not having baby obsession concerns me - "what if something's wrong!?" paranoia insanity etc, but I give it up to God & focus on living my life with strength and duty (you know... when I'm not eating, sleeping, reading mommy blogs or posting on MDC
) I know whatever will be will be!

ALSO SO READY FOR SUMMER TO BE OVER! DOWN with the heat! IN with the Fall! (...and Thanksgiving turkey! And PIE!
: )

#8 ·
Weeks/Days along: 12 weeks, 3 days
Appointments:Coming up on first midwife appointment after ditching the nurse they gave me appointments with because they were too busy for me to see the person who was going to deliver baby.
Symptoms: Feeling pretty good! But it is my weekend, so wait til I get back til work and I'm sure I'll be cranky and irritable.
Food: grilled cheddarella sandwich. mmmmm. and my husband was telling me about making some seared ahi at work
I WANT SOME!!!!
Exercise: running every other day this week. not too far though, 2 miles max.
Body changes and other milestones: I feel musashi swimming around in there already and I was trying on shirts yesterday and was like WHOA I look pregnant.... Looking less like I ate too much cake and more like baking a bun.
Thoughts: Getting a house this week yeahyeahyeah
:

#9 ·
Weeks/Days along: 10 wks 2 days

Appointments: Just had my first, to date the pregnancy. I never had an early ultrasound before so it was amazing to see the little baby. Nothing scheduled as my MW is on vacation till Sept.

Symptoms: Underlying nausea most of the day (not today though!); tired back and my hips ached last week

Food: Eating chocolate pudding right now. And am contemplating going on a pudding only diet it's so good.

Exercise: HA! I barely have time to do chores and get a shower let alone find the time to exercise.

Body changes and other milestones: My uterus popped up and is a few inches above my pubic bone. I feel big but people on the street would think I just am chunky. My acne might be going away.

Thoughts: I'm semi-stressing about working with three kids. I don't have a choice, so that makes it easier in some regard. I really wanted to apply for a promotion but feel no one would go for me knowing that my priority is my family right now. And I wish my husband would volunteer to quit his job and stay home. *sigh* Typical Monday thoughts.

#10 ·
Weeks/Days along: 12 weeks 4 days

Appointments:
Have one next Monday with the midwife who delivered my dd.

Symptoms: I think m/s is nearly done. I have noticed I feel really crappy if I don't snack on protein often. TIRED still. But overall I feel like things are looking up!

Food: I starting to eat more of a regular and mostly healthy diet finally. I am having some interesting cravings. Today it is natural beef jerky and also cheesecake again

Exercise: Since I have felt so miserable the last couple months I have really become a slacker in regards to this. Then yesterday we went on a 4 mile family hike and today my pubic bone is really sore.
Last pregnancy I had a lot of pelvic pain, and I feel really nervous that I am feeling this feeling so early on.

Body changes and other milestones: Sometimes I don't look pregnant and sometimes I feel like I look 5 months pregnant. I guess I am bloated, or it is all food or something? I can feel my uterus though, and I am definitely thicker lower down.

Thoughts: I am so excited to be moving into the 2nd trimester in a few days!!!

#11 ·
TGIM mamas
I'm a teacher and my students hate it when I say that. I just laugh and say 1/7 of your life is a Monday, so you have to make Monday count

Weeks/Days along: 10w4d

Appointments: An ultrasound coming up on 9/2. I'm so excited!

Symptoms: Afternoon and evening sickness
Fatigue

Food: I love milk at the moment, yum. Sometimes the baby rejects the food after I eat and I throw up
I'm just eating what sounds good for now.

Exercise: Not as much as I used to, only twice a week. I want to increase it now that school has started.

Body changes and other milestones: My breasts are huge and I'm getting a tummy. I haven't told my students, I'm waiting until they guess. I think at this point they're wondering if I ate too many cheeseburgers over the summer.

Thoughts: Sometimes I forget I'm pregnant and then suddenly remember again. That's pretty weird. Also this morning I had a small latte cause I was so tired. I felt really guilty afterwards. I don't usually have caffine. I cannot wait until I feel the baby move. Hopefully in another month or two...

#12 ·
Weeks/Days along:9 weeks, 4 days

Appointments: Saw a HB on u/s August 7th. Next appointment in early September.

Symptoms: SO sleepy all the time. My pants are snug and I've already started a pile of clothes I won't be able to wear until after the baby is born. Other than that, I can't complain. A few times a week I'm queasy and dry-heave-ish, but nothing major.

Food: Sometimes starving, other times (like today) not too interested in it. I overdosed on pizza and even that doesn't sound good to me anymore.

Exercise: Still hanging in there! Elliptical on Monday and Thursday, weight-lifting on Tuesday, yoga on Friday. And my doggy boy and I go walking for about an hour and a half each day.

Body changes and other milestones: none that I can think of.

Thoughts: I wish we had NEVER told my MIL. Pre-pregnancy I could just barely tolerate her. She has bad habits of gossiping cruelly and carries around a lot of anger. DH is also an only child which means MIL is so up in his business it's not even funny (example: she's made DH a list of who he needs to tell about the baby, and in what order she wants him to tell them). She also called DH this morning at work to tell him she didn't see "what the big deal was" about waiting until 12 weeks. She was saying this because she was trying to get DH to let her tell her coworkers about the baby. I'm really sensitive right now and it floors me that she can't even be considerate about a favor as small as "please don't say anything for 3 more weeks". It's always about her. The night we told MIL and FIL, MIL actually said the following "I'm more excited for me than I am for you!" Yeah, she said that.

I'm very homesick for my family and friends in the next state over. It's really starting to affect me that I'm going to be having this baby 5 minutes down the road from bitter, ever-present MIL but a state away from my easy-going, fun family and friends. I'm beginning to feel a little claustrophobic and I've cried my fair share of tears lately

#13 ·
Weeks/Days along: 12 ish
Appointments: I met w/ my MW today. We didn't get a HB, but doppler is kinda sucky. I am a little concerned, but she isn't. She said she would come by sometime in the next two weeks to take another listen, otherwise I have y ext apt on the 21rst.
Symptoms: No more m/s, still tired and still peeing frequently. Starting to get hungry, but no real cravings.
Food:See above,

Exercise: Kung Fu two nights a week. I wish I could make it to pre-natal Yoga Sunday afternoons, but I always forget.
Body changes and other milestones: No body chages but my uterus popped out of my pelvic bone last week!
Thoughts: Tired, tired, and still tired.

#14 ·
Weeks/Days along: 10 weeks exactly

Appointments: TODAY was our first ultrasound!! Baby is measuring perfectly (10w2d) and we saw and heard the heartbeat (160 bpm)

Symptoms: very few--just tired

Food: yes please, and keep it coming!! Diet same as usual

Exercise: today was 30 mins on elliptical. Try to do at least 3x/wk, usually 4

Body changes and other milestones: only that we saw the baby and we are just so thankful and relieved

Thoughts: Holy #$@, this is really happening!!!! I'm going to be a mommy!!

Yellow Brick
I'm sorry the monster in law is being so selfish.

#15 ·
Weeks/Days along: 9 weeks tomorrow!

Appointments: Have my 2nd prenatal on Thursday, 1st time with obstetrician. (Saw NP two weeks ago...)

Symptoms: EXHAUSTED. Slight nausea from time to time, but nothing notable besides the fatigue.

Food: As long as I get to eat small amounts every 2 hours, that's all that matters. Not too many cravings--mostly just lemonade/lemon seltzer and some junk food. (I swear, I'm usually more healthy than that!)

Exercise: I'm often too tired to exercise, which makes me feel a bit guilty. I try to do a weekly yoga class, and incorporate some walking/biking into my commute, but that's about it. I'm hoping I'll have more energy in 2nd trimester.

Body changes and other milestones: Not much yet... pants are a bit tighter than usual, and my boobs are certainly bigger.

Thoughts: So excited, but a little anxious to be finished with 1st trimester so I can tell everyone!

#16 ·
Weeks/Days along: 12 weeks plus

Appointments: Not yet, but maybe the end of the week. My midwife and I have talked on the phone several times, especially when I was my sickest. And that was mainly her talking and me crying.

Symptoms: OMG, this is day two of feeling not horrible. I am overjoyed! It would be such a pleasure to enjoy some of pregnancy for a change. I was super sick with my boys. Maybe this is a girl? Still tired, having a terrible time sleeping because I can't sleep when my DS nurses. It hurts a LOT, and my breasts are not as elastic as they usually are. PLEASE, I want him to sleep through the night when Baby comes (he will be 3)

Food: More and more interested in food. I have gained a pound already. Yesterday, I got some chocolate for me and the kids, which I almost never do! scandal!

Exercise: It has been non-existent. Yesterday, I took a walk with my family for the first time in weeks. I am going to try a little bit of swimming today. I will ease into it. Normally, I enjoy quite a bit of exercise.

Body changes and other milestones: More breast pain when nursing.

Thoughts: My optimism has never been so high. I am usually so much sicker than this. I am in shock.

#17 ·
Weeks/Days along: 10 weeks, 5 days

Appointments: See our MW on Thursday for our real first appointment

Symptoms: M/S, sleepy, and generally bad mood
:

Food: anything salty

Exercise: Does holding my book up in bed count??? I do have two other kids though, so they keep me off the floor a little.

Body changes and other milestones: slowly emerging belly

Thoughts: I am just REALLY DONE with feeling like crap and hope it ends soon before my kids turn into zombies infront of the TV

#18 ·
Weeks/Days along: 11 weeks, uh... 3 days?

Appointments: I don't have a regular midwife since mine dropped me for being 'high risk' since this is a multiple pregnancy, but I do have a second ultrasound on Friday. The last one was the one where they told me I was having twins and I am still kind of in shock. I am deathly afraid that when I go in one won't be there.

Symptoms: M/S out the wazoo, sleepy as hell, irritable, and hungry when not nauseous.

Food: Currently I feeling like eating a whole jar of banana peppers.

Exercise: running after children.

Body changes and other milestones
: I have a belly, but I am not sure if I just look fat to other people or what.

Thoughts: I wish it were Friday.

#19 ·
Weeks/Days along: 10w1d (or 2d i cant remember)

Appointments: im going in today to check for a uti and i think the mw will check with the doppler. my next scheduled appt is in 2 weeks since i just was in 2 weeks ago.

Symptoms: just randomly gaggy but thats basically it. boobs not really as sore anymore, and i can stay up till 10:30pm now haha.

Food: ehh it depends. i reallly wanted eggs all day yesterday.

Exercise: haha. ask me again next week.

Body changes and other milestones: none yet. i guess my pants are slightly tighter but thats it.

Thoughts: what is wrong with me? why can i not relax and enjoy my pregnancy without being convinced something is going to go wrong. i have never had a loss, and yet i remain unconvinced that i am actually going to have another baby. i seriously want to run to the E.R. for every little cramp. i've been cramping for the past week pretty badly, so i am going in today to check for a uti.

#20 ·
Weeks/Days along: Ummm 8ish weeks?

Appointments: Next one is sometime in Sept, but I have to do some more bloodwork before then. I'm putting it off.

Symptoms:I'm so tired, well not tired, I just don't have any energy. I've had some weird instances of dizziness/light headed-ness.

Food: The majority of the time the thought of food makes me queasy. Or I'm starving. My only craving - for someone else to make dinner

Exercise: Haha no. I don't have time to exercise when I'm not pregnant.

Body changes and other milestones: Hmm does an increased sex drive count?

Thoughts:
The custody battle between my ex and I is probably over. He just needs to cancel it through the courts. (Background: He left and gave me sole custody when my youngest was a few weeks old, he has little to do with us since then. He moved in with his 19 year old girlfriend, they made a custody grab at the beginning of July. It was a mess, they wouldn't let me see or talk to the kids claiming I was abusive and negligent. I was investigated by CPS. At the beginning of August we had our first hearing, the judge canceled the temporary custody order on the advice of CPS and the kids court appointed lawyer and immediately returned the kids to me.)

Anyway, he discovered his gf cheating (well, she DID sleep with a married man who had two kids and a pregnant wife at home, did he think she wouldn't cheat on him?). GF wanted him to keep living in the house to help pay the bills, after a week of that she kicked him out. So ex is currently 'between homes' and not sure when he will be able to get a place of his own. The GF has locked him out of the house, won't let him get his stuff.

I did my best to be kind and supportive, but I'd LOVE to rub it in his face right now. He's put me through heck and back more than once. I think he deserves it.

#21 ·
Wow, ArtsyMomma! Sorry to hear about all your custody problems. Custody stuff can be so draining and it seems to last forever. But it sounds like karma is definitely working in your ex's case.

#22 ·
I have a question and don't feel like starting a new thread, yep I'm that lazy today.

My uterus is at my belly button in the morning. It settles very low after I pee but, my belly button? Things that make you go hmm....

#24 ·
Weeks/Days along: 11 weeks today
Appointments: I have one on Thursday. It can't get here fast enough.
Symptoms: Fatigue and nausea as still haunting me daily
Food: Nothing, I mean nothing sounds good. There are so few things I can actually eat without getting sick, too.
Exercise: I do good to walk accross my house. No exercise going on here right now.
Body changes and other milestones: My belly is getting larger and my clothes are getting tighter.
Thoughts: I can't stop worrying that we won't hear a heartbeat on Thursday. We are very close to the time that we lost our dd last fall (13 1/2 weeks), so I am a nervous wreck. I haven't started a journal like I always do. I haven't let myself bond with the baby. I am praying that all looks good on Thursday and I will feel like I can let myself finally have hope.

#25 ·
Weeks/Days along: 12 weeks 4 days

Appointments: Not until Sept 10th.
Symptoms: No more nausea, boobs are much less sore, but the RLP is out of control and I'm STILL utterly exhausted. The girls started school yesterday and our wake up time bumped up to 6:30 from 8 previously and it's killing me, I fell asleep before 9pm last night.

Food: If it's food, I want it.
I'm constantly starving and I'm still waking up in the middle of the night needing to eat.
Exercise: Just swimming.
Body changes and other milestones: I feel huge! I'm as big now as I was at about 22 weeks with my youngest, it's crazy. I'm feeling the baby every few days for a few seconds at a time, and the girls picked out two monster print sleepers for him/her the other day--the first actual things we've bought for this baby so far.

Thoughts: I'll admit I can't wait till the big ultrasound, and I'm dying to feel more regular movement. Just a few more weeks!

#26 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bc1995 View Post
Weeks/Days along: 11 weeks today
Appointments: I have one on Thursday. It can't get here fast enough.
Symptoms: Fatigue and nausea as still haunting me daily
Food: Nothing, I mean nothing sounds good. There are so few things I can actually eat without getting sick, too.
Exercise: I do good to walk accross my house. No exercise going on here right now.
Body changes and other milestones: My belly is getting larger and my clothes are getting tighter.
Thoughts: I can't stop worrying that we won't hear a heartbeat on Thursday. We are very close to the time that we lost our dd last fall (13 1/2 weeks), so I am a nervous wreck. I haven't started a journal like I always do. I haven't let myself bond with the baby. I am praying that all looks good on Thursday and I will feel like I can let myself finally have hope.
I will be thinking about you on Thursday, mama!
:
:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.