Who still sleeps on their tummy? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 20 Old 09-11-2009, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just can't do it anymore. It's very uncomfy.
It's like I'm mashing butter bean up down there.
I did an accidental roll the other night and it was unpleasant.

Right now my best positions are either side, knee propped up on pillow, pillow at my back and me hugging another pillow.
I do several side changes in the night as well as top of the bed to bottom of the bed changes.

How are you Mama's sleeping?

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 20 Old 09-11-2009, 08:00 PM

I'm never a full tummy sleeper, but I do lay mostly belly down with my top leg bent and a pillow under my hips. I was able to sleep like that most of my pregnancy with DD with the help of a huge pillow. I also switch sides about a gazillion times a night.

: mama to my busy girl : in march
Always watched over: :
#3 of 20 Old 09-11-2009, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Me (30) - DH (32) 11.5 years!
DD (9) ~ DD (7) ~ DS (5) ~ DS (2)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mama to 10 babies in Heaven
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#4 of 20 Old 09-11-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie's Mama View Post
I'm never a full tummy sleeper, but I do lay mostly belly down with my top leg bent and a pillow under my hips. I was able to sleep like that most of my pregnancy with DD with the help of a huge pillow. I also switch sides about a gazillion times a night.
oh this is completely me. long live the body pillow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1babysmom View Post
Definitely me. I loathe NOT being able to sleep on my tummy for so many months during pregnancy so I'll take advantage of it as much as I can until I can't possibly pull it off anymore.

(one of my favorite things after having a baby is laying on my tummy for the first time again...SO nice feeling )

me too!

okay, so here is the weird thing..
i dont feel my uterus or anything when i lie on my tummy. like i dont feel a bump or anything. i do have some "extra padding" but i mean not THAT much. is this wrong? should i be worried?
im 12.5 weeks, so i assume my uterus is just slightly over my pubic bone right? should i be able to feel it by now?

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
#5 of 20 Old 09-11-2009, 08:09 PM

I love belly sleeping, I can do it modified during most of pregnancy. I have to have one leg up and bent which pushes me off my belly a bit. The first thing I did after we came home when ds2 was born was a belly flop on the bed, I did NOT want to move.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#6 of 20 Old 09-11-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandamanda View Post
i dont feel my uterus or anything when i lie on my tummy. like i dont feel a bump or anything. i do have some "extra padding" but i mean not THAT much. is this wrong? should i be worried?
im 12.5 weeks, so i assume my uterus is just slightly over my pubic bone right? should i be able to feel it by now?
YOU and ME AmandaX2 I can still sleep and lay on my stomach with no problem and I have a little fluff but Im not fat and I know this because I check my wieght I have agained probably 5 pounds over these past 2 months but its only because I came from eating absoultly nothing (seriously) and im 14 Weeks already and nothing no "bump" feeling or poped out look....It freaks me out because I feel like its not growing...:

(btw im 5'5 and 148)

:March 14th 2010
#7 of 20 Old 09-11-2009, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

I'm going to miss belly sleeping for the next few months. Even sleeping straight through the night is a thing of the past. I suppose having a newborn won't bring that back any sooner

I gotta get one of those belly pillows you guys are talking about. One of those U shaped ones would really be nice since I like having a pillow to my back.

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

#8 of 20 Old 09-11-2009, 10:16 PM

I loved my Snoogle! I gotta dig that out again! It practically pushes DH out of the bed, but... oh, well!

Jen, former sys admin and current geek , wife to DH , SAHM and Montessori homeschool teacher to DD "Nugget" (05/07) and new arrival DS "Sprout" (03/31/10)
#9 of 20 Old 09-11-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marymamabunny View Post
YOU and ME AmandaX2 I can still sleep and lay on my stomach with no problem and I have a little fluff but Im not fat and I know this because I check my wieght I have agained probably 5 pounds over these past 2 months but its only because I came from eating absoultly nothing (seriously) and im 14 Weeks already and nothing no "bump" feeling or poped out look....It freaks me out because I feel like its not growing...:

(btw im 5'5 and 148)

oh dont worry at all- i didn't feel a thing in my first pregnancy till wayyy later. maybe like 16 or 17 weeks even. im actually trying to think if with my last dd (17 m/o) if i felt anything either, but i cant remember. i know i did around 14 weeks but i was smaller then so who knows..

and i mean i had an u/s last week so i KNOW everything is fine- i guess i should just enjoy it while it lasts huh?

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
#10 of 20 Old 09-11-2009, 10:45 PM

lol yeah I should enjoy blissful sleep on my tummy! lol Idk why I just feel so exicted to have a large tummy soon lol I already bought my maternity clothes, dresses and shirts! lol they super cute!

:March 14th 2010
#11 of 20 Old 09-11-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1babysmom View Post

(one of my favorite things after having a baby is laying on my tummy for the first time again...SO nice feeling )
That is totally ME !!!!!
I am a tummy sleeper. I am comfy the most with a big heavy blanket, and a pillow over my head, practicially face down on the bed, but I just turn my head either way. I have slept like this for years.....
I find that I can't sleep well lately, thats cause I'm modifying this a little, with one leg on a pillow, turned a little, but it just ain't the same !!!!!!

mother to E-(8).... A-(6) .... & N-(5)
Vivian Claire born 3-11-10.... ...still an , extendedmomma :
#12 of 20 Old 09-11-2009, 11:28 PM

I slept on my stomach until I was 8 months last time. And then I didn't sleep again until after DD was born. Torture. So obviously I'm still sleeping on my stomach now. I learned last time it's all about having a soft mattress. We have a soft, pillow top mattress. We went on vacation to Mexico when I was 5 months pregnant we had a cheap, firm mattress and I couldn't sleep on my stomach, though it was no problem when I got home again.

Eve Eleanor born June 5, 2007
Graham Alexander born February 27, 2010

#3 due November 3, 2014

#13 of 20 Old 09-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Banned

DDC-crashing! I'm at 28w3d and still sleep on my tummy sometimes.
#14 of 20 Old 09-12-2009, 12:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by magrat View Post
I slept on my stomach until I was 8 months last time. And then I didn't sleep again until after DD was born. Torture. So obviously I'm still sleeping on my stomach now. I learned last time it's all about having a soft mattress. We have a soft, pillow top mattress. We went on vacation to Mexico when I was 5 months pregnant we had a cheap, firm mattress and I couldn't sleep on my stomach, though it was no problem when I got home again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelle C. View Post
DDC-crashing! I'm at 28w3d and still sleep on my tummy sometimes.
Wowza! I can't even imagine. I'm jealous
I must have a super sensitive tummy.

#15 of 20 Old 09-12-2009, 01:10 AM

I sleep on my tummy still

jog.gifkid.gif

#16 of 20 Old 09-12-2009, 01:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoanib View Post
Wowza! I can't even imagine. I'm jealous
I must have a super sensitive tummy.
Maybe not. I've just got a very small bump so far.
#17 of 20 Old 09-12-2009, 02:21 AM

I remember when I was pg with dd (my first), just feeling her there, I didn't want to squish her. This time, I'm like, it'll be fiiiine, I want to lay on my tummy while I still can!

Last time, I remember being super excited at the beach, realizing I could dig a hole for my belly and lay on my tummy again. I think I was about 20 weeks then. And THEN I was super excited to get a bean bag chair and be able to do the same thing at home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandamanda View Post
I'm pretty sure my uterus popped up around 9 weeks this time, but it's only now (at 13+) that I can start to feel *anything* just lying there, without poking with my hands. I think size has a lot more to do with it than position?

allergy-nutrition mama, dh, 4yo dd, and March ds
Eating shouldn't be stressful!
#18 of 20 Old 09-12-2009, 10:31 AM

Me, but I'm not a full tummy sleeper. I pull my one leg up, bent at the knee, and put the weight slightly on the other hip. In fact, with strategically placed pillows, I was able to approximate this sleeping position until the very end with my last pregnancy. I was really thankful for that, because I can't sleep on my back and sleeping the entire night on my side makes my hips ache horribly.

Stacey teaching teens to read & write... Daddy plays ska, DD1 (7/05) loves trees & princesses, & DD2 (3/10) loves mommy-milk! Please get your kids tested for lead.
#19 of 20 Old 09-12-2009, 11:02 AM

I still sleep on my tummy, like most others with my leg up and bent. I remember later in my pregnancies have this urge-like feeling to lay that way (not only because that's how I sleep best), like my hips really needed to be opened up that way. I don't know.
I do feel my uterus when I lay on my tummy, and sometimes it gets a little uncomfortable, but I plan on getting a body pillow (I had a pregnancy pillow for my first pregnancy, but didn't use it for my second pregnancy because there were three of us in bed and there wasn't room; I just went up in the attic to retrieve it last week and it was moldy as soon as Wal-Mart gets them restocked, and I figure that will help a lot. It also helps me to put a pillow under my knees when I am laying on my back (which is my second-preferred sleep position) to help my lower back not hurt so much.

Megan, wife to my HS sweetheart , and mama to Libby (3), Hudson (2) and Remi Grace, born in water 2/26.
#20 of 20 Old 09-12-2009, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
I'm 16.5 weeks. I still sleep on my tummy with no issues at all. But I don't look the slightest pregnant at all... *sigh*

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls, a boy, and someone new in May '15! Forever remembering our loss (8/11)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page