The 'Is it Monday already?' Weekly Chat Thread. Sept. 28 - Oct. 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 09-29-2009, 12:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wowzers. October?!

How are we doing? I hope the sickies in the group feel better soon!

Weeks/Days along:
Appointments:
Symptoms:
Food:
Exercise:
Body changes and other milestones:
Thoughts:

And, RightofPassage started a question of the week. This week's question is: what do you enjoy most about being pregnant?

Busy mama to my three little lads!
#2 of 15 Old 09-29-2009, 12:52 AM

Weeks/Days along: 15.5 weeks
Appointments: none till the 10th or so.. and then i get to call to schedule my big u/s
Symptoms:
boobs are hurting.. i think dd is weaning.
Food: ah the appetite has returned. nothing real craving wise
Exercise: water aerobice and yoga!
Body changes and other milestones
: i think the baby is starting to move stronger.. i have been feeling little flutters here and there
Thoughts: yawn.. i will probably come back and edit this later.

And, RightofPassage started a question of the week. This week's question is: what do you enjoy most about being pregnant?
the fact that it ends in a newborn. jk.
i love being pregnant.. i think it is such a beautiful time and i love when i start to show to the point where it is undeniable. what can i say- i like the attention haha.

"The most important work you and I will ever do will be within the walls of our own homes." -Harold B. Lee
#3 of 15 Old 09-29-2009, 09:12 AM

week 16
appt. in 2 weeks for ultrasound!!!
My ever expanding belly, boob soreness again as if they are not big enough LOL!
I love salt!!! I usually hate salt and love sugar but now it is opposite.
Exercise???? I babysit my now 4mo nephew, a 4yo, and homeschool my 9yo. and 6yo.........I am pooped I guess I could start walking again.
I am bummed we have to collect baby stuff again since we have nothing, but I got a great swing for $10 at a yardsale last weekend. Maybe this baby will actually use it???
I actually do not enjoy being pregnant. When I see someone who is I get jealous but than once I am I can't wait til it is over. I ust want the baby at the end.

miriam-Homeschool mom to Samuel (4/00)
Bailey (3/03) and due (3/10):
#4 of 15 Old 09-29-2009, 11:26 AM

Weeks/Days along: 17 weeks 1 day
Appointments: Three more week until the next one
Symptoms: Still not many, though I'm starting to feel movement more often and definitely showing more. Still haven't had anyone actually ask or notice who didn't already know.
Food: Pretty much what we normally eat anyway.
Exercise: Lots of walks with my daughter, swimming. I'm still hoping to start doing a pregnancy yoga tape in the morning but haven't yet. Maybe I'll start today.
Body changes and other milestones: Showing a little more.
Thoughts: I keep thinking I'm 18 weeks instead of 17. Not a big difference but for some reason it feels like a big difference to me.

This week's question is: what do you enjoy most about being pregnant? This one's easy for me, definitely the baby movement. Especially as baby gets bigger and you can feel her roll and move and kick almost constantly. I agree about the newborn at the end too.

Lindsay - DD1, born posterior and chin up at home, Aug 2007
DD2, born at home in the water, March 2010
#5 of 15 Old 09-29-2009, 01:26 PM

Weeks/Days along: 15+ weeks

Appointments: Had one yesterday. 2nd visit at the birth center (my DD was born there though), but my 1st official "midwife" visit (1st visit was with their women's health practitioner).

Have an US scheduled for 3 weeks from now for anatomy scan. Midwife is also recommending a check before then for twins (although was okay with waiting), so I'm waiting for the hospital to call and schedule that (should be fairly soon once they call). My midwives refer their USs out to a university hospital.

Symptoms: tired, tired, tired. More than I remember being in the 2nd tri with my other two children. Maybe that is the lowish iron...or the 2 year old cosleeping that nurses several times a night still.

Food: Loving it Have been eating reasonably well I'd say. It is getting easier to eat veggies again

Exercise: Not much. I'm not technically on any restrictions with the subchorionic hematoma (hopefully my upcoming US will show it was reabsorbed) but I'm also afraid to overdo it as for some women with SCH, that causes them to bleed. So I'm active w/ the kids but not walking miles. Thinking about a new prenatal yoga dvd (I had a lame one while pg with DS) maybe. If my SCH is cleared up on US I'd like to up my walking, especially now that the weather is cool.

Body changes and other milestones: My uterus is up to my navel or a little beyond, which is making me carry pretty big. I carried big w/ my other two kids (although no one ever thought I was measuring big for dates, but I just looked bigger) but I have a short torso and am only 5'2". But I'm looking *really* pregnant with this one LOL. Boobs are sore when DD nurses (I can only express a few drops max) but i'm managing. I do get the lovely "want to crawl out of my skin" sensation sometimes though.

Thoughts: Ummm...waiting to find out if there are two in there I doubt it though. I think the midwife was just hearing the same baby at two different spots on my tummy, and that my uterus is big because this is number 3. But it certainly makes things interesting!

I never get over the fascination of growing a new life inside. I'm really, really excited to feel more movement (haven't felt much yet as of 15 weeks) and even more excited for the kids to feel it. I showed them some youtube clips of babies moving in their mommy's tummy, which they find fascinating.

eta: wow, that was long. Sorry!!!!
#6 of 15 Old 09-29-2009, 02:58 PM

Weeks/Days along: 16w 1 d
Appointments: Great appointment this morning with the midwife
Symptoms: I'm huge?
Food: MMMM YES!!
Exercise: I moved 2 rooms of furniture.
Body changes and other milestones: Got to hear nugget's heart today, beautifully beating in the 150's
Thoughts: Happy!
And, RightofPassage started a question of the week. This week's question is: what do you enjoy most about being pregnant? The movement, the connection, it's amazing that I get to grow another preson.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#7 of 15 Old 09-29-2009, 05:39 PM

Weeks/Days along: 15.5 weeks
Appointments: next one not until the 16th
Symptoms: still sick Although I think it is a tiny bit better
Food: still having issues. The only thing I like is pepsi!
Exercise: walking about 3 miles a day but really wanting to dance- Soon!
Body changes and other milestones: definitely looking pregnant!
Thoughts: I am a little scared that this nausea will not end!
what do you enjoy most about being pregnant? When I feel better- I feel great! I think I look pretty cute and a little sexy! dh loves my pg body- he's so sweet! I can't wait to feel the baby- what an amazing thing.
#8 of 15 Old 09-29-2009, 06:42 PM

Weeks/Days along: 16 weeks today exactly
Appointments: Oct. 16 to find out sex and go over blood work
Symptoms:None...a little extra bitchy I guess lol
Food: I really into chessy things right now
Exercise: Some biking (on and off) stair climbing
Body changes and other milestones:Ummm.... I got fatter lol a little bit of a bump but still nothing noticable except to me.
Thoughts: I wish my manager would go F**K himself and that my mother in law gets bronchitis or something so she finally stops chain smoking!

:March 14th 2010
#9 of 15 Old 09-29-2009, 07:41 PM

Weeks/Days along: 17+
Appointments: Midwife comes next week for our monthly
Symptoms: Just preggo lady quirks; heartburn, sore boobs, etc, etc
Food: Eating more things now. Less aversions. I get insatiable hunger a couple times a day.
Exercise: Just walking and riding my bike.
Body changes and other milestones: Belly is growing right along. I feel baby every now and again. Sometimes he skips a couple days, but then it comes right back. It's nice and I cam looking forward to more movement.
Thoughts: Having some issues with my insurance concerning homebirth and my job concerning maternity leave. I really dislike having to deal with this stuff, but I'm doing what i can to make people do the right thing.

This week's question is: what do you enjoy most about being pregnant? Carrying the baby around with me wherever I go. It's nice having the baby with me at all times and not getting hassled by it. It's going to be tuff seperating from babes once they get here and I have to get back to work and the daily grind of life.

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

#10 of 15 Old 09-29-2009, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Weeks/Days along: 17 wks, 7 days (18 wks tomorrow!!)

Appointments: None for a couple weeks.

Symptoms: Um, still sleepy. Starting to get an itchy, stretchy belly. A tiny bit of backache too (already?!).

Food: I love fall food, so I am pleased as punch that I am loving food again. We get three Thanksgivings this year (in Canada, so it's in just a couple weeks), and I am eagerly anticipating pies, and tofu roast, and potatoes, and... oh my goodness, hold me back.

Exercise: Hm. The temperature has dropped significantly here (we're expecting a frost any day now), so I haven't been getting out too much. I did go walking for a few hours when my in-laws were here on the weekend. And today I carried my sleeping 2 yo through the grocery store, and then carried him, a bag of dog food, and two heavy bags of groceries (think bags of flour, bottles of maple syrup, etc.) to the car. I thought my back was going to crack in half. That counts as exercise in my book.

Body changes and other milestones: Growing bigger by the day, and finally feeling the baby move pretty regularly (I felt it a few times a few weeks ago, but not since). And today I found a second pair of maternity jeans that fit me! The only xxs they had in the store. Thank goodness I went in when I did and grabbed them up. Now... can I delude myself into thinking that's all I'll need for the pregnancy?... Hm.

Thoughts: Nothing much. I have a lot of holiday knitting to get out of the way so I can start on some soakers and longies for this wee babe. I bought a few patterns (I love ravelry. so so good.), and can't wait to start. But first, I have to knit mittens, and hats, and blah blah blah. 13 weeks until xmas. Gah!

I really love it all! That said... ask me again mid Feb.

Busy mama to my three little lads!
#11 of 15 Old 09-29-2009, 10:22 PM

Weeks/Days along: 13 weeks 2 days

Appointments: None this week, unless this UTI doesn't go away. I've been getting them on and off since my last child was born. Usually Cipro knocks them out instantly, but because of the pregnancy I have to take Amoxicillin and I don't think it's working.

Symptoms: I'm starting to show! I feel achy all the time, like when you get up in the morning stiffness.

Food: Just whatever we normally eat.

Exercise: Umm does being a working single mom of 3 count?

Body changes and other milestones: Starting to show!

Thoughts: I could use a good bust of energy to get my "To-Do" list taken care of. I'm thinking about the holidays and all the required knitting. I broke the news to my mom. It went ok, not great, but there was no yelling or swearing. She basically demanded my DP and I get married (he's asked a few times in the last year, so I know he won't mind if thats what it takes for my parents to chill out a bit). She got angry at DP and said he had better 'step up'. Which is interesting, since he is not the father of my 3 children (my ex-husband is) and he does more for us that anyone else ever has. My parents tend to forget all of the things he does for us. So, now I have to tell my dad, then I can break the news on Facebook! Telling my dad is going to go over very very very badly, and I expect I'll cry a lot. I think I'll tell him next monday - he has a guys night out on tuesday and I won't have to see them again until Thursday.

Feeling the baby move, the final product.

shamrocksmile.gifAmber SAHM Fiber Artist Mom to:knit.gif
Maddison (9): Arwen (8): Finn (4): Aedan (2)

stork-suprise.gif Sept 2012

#12 of 15 Old 09-29-2009, 10:53 PM

Weeks/Days along: 15 weeks and 5 days

Appointments: None

Symptoms: Sleepiness.. I thought I was over the vomiting but I just lost my dinner Apparently I cant have ice water...

Food: No cravings except real fruit popsicles.. yum

Exercise: I try to walk a few miles a day and I'm finally getting back into my yoga.

Body changes and other milestones: Not much except my boobs are bigger and I look like I ate too much.

Thoughts: I'm wondering when I'll start to enjoy food again..

And, RightofPassage started a question of the week. This week's question is: what do you enjoy most about being pregnant? I enjoy not having to clean the litter box

Tee wife to Peter! Mama to Angel baby and Miracle baby born February 23rd 2010
#13 of 15 Old 09-30-2009, 12:12 AM

Weeks/Days along: 15 tomorrow
Appointments: none for another two weeks or so
Symptoms: tired mostly. cranky, too. but feeling less sick overall for sure, which is fabulous
Food: yes, please! ready yo eat for real again, hooray. mostly excited about fruit that is fading out of season (peaches, plums, raspberries, etc)
Exercise: eh, I have a kid and stairs in my house?
Body changes and other milestones: starting to pooch for sure
Thoughts: we leave alberta this week! I ama excited for our road trip across the US and really excited to be back in NC. and very glad to be leaving calgary

being pregnant is such a cool balance to me of feeling incredibly powerful and incredibly vulnerable all at once. I am a warrior and a delicate flower together. I like that balance in myself. and being part of such a miracle, growing human life? pretty spectacular.
#14 of 15 Old 09-30-2009, 11:24 AM

Weeks/Days along:15+
Appointments: One next tuesday. I can't wait to hear that little heart beat again
Symptoms:still a little tired, sore boobs of course, the insomnia is driving me crazy,
Food: my husband keeps making me pear and apple pancakes for breakfast. he is my favorite.
Exercise: My daily bike ride is hurting ever since school started but i try to go at least 3 times a week. Also, I AM STARTING YOGA BACK UP TODAY! I need that to be in caps so I remember to do it.
Body changes and other milestones: My belly is totally pushing out. Maternity type shirts can kind of hide it but if I wear a normal shirt I feel like it is all out there. To strangers I might just look like I've packed on a few, though. I'm not sure. I'm pretty thin so I feel like it is hard to hide. I'm so excited for big belly! I have felt the little squirmer a couple times. Only when I am lying down and being really quiet, though. It started a couple weeks ago and I can count the number of times on 1 hand. I can't wait for it to be more regular, though. Those little movements are so reassuring.
Thoughts: Other than the lack of sleep I feel pretty damn good

The brief moments when I feel something moving inside me are incredible. This is my first baby and now that I'm not nauseated all the time I feel like I kind of love everything about being pregnant. I love the way that my husband says good morning to me and then my belly as soon as we wake up.

mama to two little men...3/25/2010 and 10/3/2013
#15 of 15 Old 09-30-2009, 12:00 PM

Weeks/Days along: 17 weeks 3 days (I was 17 weeks on Sunday)
Appointments: Ultrasound on Friday -- hope we can find out sex and rule out hydrocephalus
Symptoms: still no energy .. still starving .. constant runny nose (is that pregnancy related)
Food: everything
Exercise: I chase my super hyper 2 year old all day but that is it
Body changes and other milestones: I have gained 3lbs but only look fat not pregnant in any way .. with DS I was huge by this time but I am ok with not being huge
Thoughts:

I enjoy being pregnant alot this time mainly because I am not sick haven't been sick at all and I am not so huge I am uncomfortable like last time and I haven't developed dreaded heartburn yet either all of which was happening by this time with DS.

Hope everyone is good and enjoy October !!!

Brandi : CDing , NonVacing , NonCircing momma to JohnPaul and a March 2010 Miracle while loving my hippie man Chandler

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page